• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue remakes on 3DS

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Or it's too expensive to buy a new cartridge and a working GBA, or DS/DS lite. I sadly lost my FR so... well at this point Gen I is the only one I don't own any games of...

I think if GF is going to do it it'll be by 2018, if not then 2021...if not...well who knows...likely never... at least until the children of our generation (if you're Gen Y) are our age...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I think if GF is going to do it it'll be by 2018, if not then 2021...if not...well who knows...likely never... at least until the children of our generation (if you're Gen Y) are our age...

We'll be too old to care by then. Heck, even by 2021, most of us will be in our 30s.

Well, if it never happens, I guess Gen 1 fans will, at least, always have hacks. No, it's not the same as a "real" remake, but it's better than nothing. Maybe, it's just inevitable that Kanto/Johto and older fans, in general, will eventually be left behind. :sideways:

Years
We'll be too old to care by then. Heck, even by 2021, most of us will be in our 30s.

Well, if it never happens, I guess Gen 1 fans will, at least, always have hacks. No, it's not the same as a "real" remake, but it's better than nothing. Maybe, it's just inevitable that Kanto/Johto/Hoenn and older fans, in general, will eventually be left behind. :sideways:
I added another region to the list. Well there's still hope, but if it/they don't come by Gen VIII at the latest then it/they won't happen...

Years
I wonder if they do re remake the Gen I games if they will be on the 3DS. No system has had more than one remake pair, but then again re-remakes themselves likely will be part of a different pattern than the first time remakes we've seen...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I wonder if they do re remake the Gen I games if they will be on the 3DS. No system has had more than one remake pair, but then again re-remakes themselves likely will be part of a different pattern than the first time remakes we've seen...

Well, remember that the biggest thing that separates Gen 3 from Gens 1 and 2 in the first place is that it's the first Gen to include a remake pair of its own. I don't think that previously-established remake "patterns" will play out the same from here on out.

Years
They could actually still remake them this Gen...seeing how they could just update the trading data in XYORAS like they did with Pokébank being able to read ORAS. Then by Gen VIII we can look forward to DP and Gen II remakes :3.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
They could actually still remake them this Gen...seeing how they could just update the trading data in XYORAS like they did with Pokébank being able to read ORAS. Then by Gen VIII we can look forward to DP and Gen II remakes :3.

Well, we know that there are exactly two games left in Gen 6, and both Z and X2Y2 have been ruled out, so they could very well be 20th Anniversary Gen 1 remakes. I still don't think we'll see Gen 1 remakes until Gen 7, but you never know. It would certainly be a good explanation for why neither Z or X2Y2 are happening (as much as it may piss off Kalos fans).

Years
Well, we know that there are exactly two games left in Gen 6, and both Z and X2Y2 have been ruled out, so they could very well be 20th Anniversary Gen 1 remakes. I still don't think we'll see Gen 1 remakes until Gen 7, but you never know. It would certainly be a good explanation for why neither Z or X2Y2 are happening (as much as it may piss off Kalos fans).

Or they could also do a single prequel where the choices of the player determine if X or Y's events happen (like if you pick Xerneas then Y is , but Yvetal then X is) after the game. Players have wanted a game where our choices impacts the outcome, and considering GF meantioned they wanted to surprise fans it'll be a pleasant surprise. The last game can be a Yellow remake.

Or perhaps they'll save a return for Kalos for next Gen (considering how close the games are it'll be better than having prequels, then having Kalos pop up in the games the next year...it'll be worse than Cynthia popping up in three sets of games one year apart each xD (note this doesn't count DP and B2W2...)).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Or they could also do a single prequel where the choices of the player determine if X or Y's events happen (like if you pick Xerneas then Y is , but Yvetal then X is) after the game. Players have wanted a game where our choices impacts the outcome, and considering GF meantioned they wanted to surprise fans it'll be a pleasant surprise. The last game can be a Yellow remake.

That could be interesting, although is there really that great of a difference between X and Y besides the Box Legendary and wild Pokémon?

Or perhaps they'll save a return for Kalos for next Gen (considering how close the games are it'll be better than having prequels, then having Kalos pop up in the games the next year...

Seeing how long it's been since another Gen has been a direct sequel to the previous one, I think that would be a pleasant surprise to many. I think a GSC-style sequel would work, especially since the newer technology means that postgame Kalos won't be as barren as postgame Kanto was.

Years
That could be interesting, although is there really that great of a difference between X and Y besides the Box Legendary and wild Pokémon?

Seeing how long it's been since another Gen has been a direct sequel to the previous one, I think that would be a pleasant surprise to many. I think a GSC-style sequel would work, especially since the newer technology means that postgame Kalos won't be as barren as postgame Kanto was.

Not really, but it's the small differences which may make them doing something like it likely, since all of the player's choices result in relatively minor stuff...

Back