• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Sun and Moon Pokémon Alola Dex: Locations and more!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A note - this is currently a work in progress. Let us know about any mistakes, and we'll work on updating the rest! So far, all the Alolan Forms and new Pokemon have the full info - others lack Abilities/Locations.

User19sq

Is there a day care located in the game yet? I'd like to trade for a Popplio without forcing someone to sacrifice time or starters in the process. -w-

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Up to #156 or thereabouts are done with all info. Couple of the evolved pokes I need to go back on to clarify they're wild ally pokemon only. Again, all Alolan Forms and new Pokemon have details there. Please post if there's something amiss!
I don't expect anyone to know this, but:

Is there a day care located in the game yet? I'd like to trade for a Popplio without forcing someone to sacrifice time or starters in the process. -w-
There is. It's called a Nursery now, and doesn't raise level - just for breeding pokes. Doesn't cost anything apparently.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
UPDATE - Fully completed now! Thanks to all Daily staff who helped with this tedious exercise. :V

Again, if there's something to correct or add, let us know. There's ways to get other Pokemon as well, but they may be saved for other guides. We'll leave this for Alola Dex Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Very nice guide.
However, Beldum is not exclusive to Moon, likewise, Gabite is not exclusive either - I encountered one in the same spot as you would in Moon.

Furthermore, Serebii can confirm it also.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Very nice guide.
However, Beldum is not exclusive to Moon, likewise, Gabite is not exclusive either - I encountered one in the same spot as you would in Moon.

Furthermore, Serebii can confirm it also.

Thanks for pointing it out! Did a bit of digging and fixed this and some other info - turns out some aren't version exclusive, rater Wild Ally only. Good luck finding those!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Wanted to let you know I found Ditto in the grass on Mount Hokulani. I'm playing Sun and found it during the day. Not sure if it is game/time dependent. It can call other Ditto for help.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
In Sun I received Aerodactyl (non-fossil) from an Ace Trainer inside one of th boat houses on Poni Island.

Years
Wanted to let you know I found Ditto in the grass on Mount Hokulani. I'm playing Sun and found it during the day. Not sure if it is game/time dependent. It can call other Ditto for help.

I can confirm Ditto is not time-of-day dependent. I was able to encounter a few during the night.

Playing Moon btw.

Spindastic

\(≧▽≦)/ ☆ ~('▽^人)
Years
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Pichu(s) & Spinda(s) are day spawns from what I experienced throughout the game.
Amazing guide, thanks a lot! :] (Playing Moon btw)

Last edited:
Years
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Pichu(s) & Spinda(s) are day spawns from what I experienced throughout the game.
Amazing guide, thanks a lot! :] (Playing Moon btw)

It is not a day spawn according to the Pokedex (when you zoom in on the habitat map in the Pokedex the icon will indicate if it can only be found in the day or at night), however maybe it has different encounter rates at different times? I was trying to capture one in Hau'oli City and didn't come across ANY at night but a ton in the daytime.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
I realized that the Aerodactyl was only from Old Amber, you can get one in Seafolk Village, from a woman in the Huntail boat.

Years
I realized that the Aerodactyl was only from Old Amber, you can get one in Seafolk Village, from a woman in the Huntail boat.

Old Amber doesn't exist in Alola (and it makes sense too as for why fossils don't fit, if you look up Hawaiian geography) so the Aerodactyl in this game is a straight-up gift Pokemon instead of receiving the fossil.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 1, 2016
Find where all the Pokémon are in Pokémon Sun and Moon, how to evolve them, what their Abilities and Base Stats are, and more!

Thank you!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
Sun has 2 buzzwoles and 4 kartanas, while moon has 4 pheromosas and 2 celesteela. Also, dragonite's ability changes from marvel scale to multiscale upon evolution.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Although this is nice, it doesn't tell you the precise places you need to be in to encounter the pokémon or their encounter rate. Like Jangmo-o for example only spawns in the grass of vast poni canyon and not in the cave area. Maybe make something like serebii's dex where you can go into detail what their spawn rate is during day or night and what places they spawn in.

Back