• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Move Resource Thread

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Move Effect

Venom Drench

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Update

It is now 100% working, Psystrike/Psyshock and Secret Sword

I've noticed that the bytes originally at 69918 are moved to 69920 after applying the Physical/Special split patch. I just want to double confirm that the Psyshock effect is applied after this patch so the first byte you alter at 69918 is changing 10 and not 3F

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I've noticed that the bytes originally at 69918 are moved to 69920 after applying the Physical/Special split patch. I just want to double confirm that the Psyshock effect is applied after this patch so the first byte you alter at 69918 is changing 10 and not 3F

I assumed you applied the PSS patch when implementing this move. Though I've found a far better way when rewriting the damage calculator, so soon this implementation will be useless (though it does work)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Gastro Acid

Gastro Acid for Emerald.

Battle Script:
Spoiler:

ASM Routine at AAAAAA:
Spoiler:

String at BBBBBB:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Gastro Acid for Emerald

I'd like to update this effect to add which abilities restricts Gastro Acid. And, finally, porting it to Emerald. However, there is a new Battle Script command introduced in the battle script itself. It is the jumpifabilitypresenttargetfield. But first, you need to do the prerequisite part in this post here, and my default command for that is 0xFC (if not, please change the FC's in the RAW codes).

Battle Script:
Spoiler:

ASM Routine at AAAAAA:
Spoiler:

String at BBBBBB:
Spoiler:

The check target field command is useless, you can simply use jumpifability command with the right parameters (which I don't remember on the top of my head)
But this isn't what you want to do here, you'd simply want to check if the target has one of those abilities, and if so, branch to fail script.
This check can be included in the ASM routine removing the ability

Trainer 781

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The check target field command is useless, you can simply use jumpifability command with the right parameters (which I don't remember on the top of my head)
But this isn't what you want to do here, you'd simply want to check if the target has one of those abilities, and if so, branch to fail script.
This check can be included in the ASM routine removing the ability

Alright! I've modified the routine, and thanks for the suggestions and corrections.
*edited

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I'm letting everyone know that I updated the macro and define post again, which allows you now to compile strings like this :
Spoiler:

Instead of :
Spoiler:

I found it a bit more convenient. The string can go up to 414 charac, but it's easy to make it supports more.
Also, you don't waste space, the string will take only the number of parameters you gave, it won't have blank space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
I'm letting everyone know that I updated the macro and define post again, which allows you now to compile strings like this :
Spoiler:

Instead of :
Spoiler:

I found it a bit more convenient. The string can go up to 414 charac, but it's easy to make it supports more.
Also, you don't waste space, the string will take only the number of parameters you gave, it won't have blank space.

It's surely useful! But could you tell me how to use the macroinstruction?

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
It's surely useful! But could you tell me how to use the macroinstruction?

Perhaps I could answer you through an exemple.

Here is Gastro Acid :

Gastro Acid for Emerald.

Battle Script:
Spoiler:

ASM Routine at AAAAAA:
Spoiler:

String at BBBBBB:
Spoiler:

Here is what you have to do without the macros :
-Insert the string somewhere.
-Note the address of that string.
-Then you assemble the ASM routine.
-Then you open BSP, you compile your BS and put the right addresses where it's needed in the BS.

With the macros, you assemble this and you're done:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
Perhaps I could answer you through an exemple.

Thank you, I can see that the macros are used to compile battle scripts and it's really a clever way of programming.

Anyway, could you tell me where you find those things on this compiler?

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Thank you, I can see that the macros are used to compile battle scripts and it's really a clever way of programming.

Anyway, could you tell me where you find those things on this compiler?

These are directives, you can find them on the internet. Depending on what assembler you're using, you might have different directives

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
These are directives, you can find them on the internet. Depending on what assembler you're using, you might have different directives

Yes, we surely use the windows compiler posted by Hackmew so where can we find the directives for it? :)

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
I'm receiving errors when compiling a battle script using BSP. The error message says that an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000b)

here are the other details:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance. Really need to use BSP. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017

New animations:

Greetings to all, I finally decided to release these animations ported/fixed by me from kleenexfeu's Emerald attack base. They are all for Firered obviously.

For those animations already available in FR, I won't include them here.

Usage:

1. For each piece of codes, you need to add one line at the beginning:
Code:
.equ SizeRom, 0x[Your offset to insert]
Example:
Spoiler:
2. Use Hackmew's batch to compile the the piece of codes. (thumb.bat)

Codes:

Miracle eye:
Spoiler:
Wake-up slap:
Spoiler:
Hammer arm:
Spoiler:
Gyro Ball:
Spoiler:
Natural Gift:
Spoiler:
Payback:
Spoiler:
Worry seed:
Spoiler:
Flare Blitz:
Spoiler:
Electro Ball:
Spoiler:
Acid Spray:
Spoiler:
Razor Shell:
Spoiler:
Petal Blizzard: (fixed from Spherical Ice's)
Spoiler:
Discharming Voice:
Spoiler:
Draining Kiss:
Spoiler:
Play Rough:
Spoiler:
Fairy Wind:
Spoiler:
Boomburst:
Spoiler:
Play Nice:
Spoiler:
Dazzling Gleam:
Spoiler:
Babydoll Eyes:
Spoiler:
Nuzzle:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years

Attack Order, Defend Order, and Heal Order

HnVZ6O9.gif
3zzkm5x.gif
w1y2rSd.gif

Alright! Since I've gotten into move animations nowadays, I've come up Vespiquen's signature moves: Attack Order, Defend Order, and Heal Order. They are all animations by the way. Their effects will be explained later.

But first, here's the particle to be used in those moves:
UoH0Xtn.png

I used Twister's sheet to redraw the bees which I got its original particle from DPPt. Wherever you have inserted the particle, take note of its index number.

Attack Order:
Spoiler:

Defend Order:
Spoiler:

Heal Order:
Spoiler:

Overall, they are created from Twister's animation. I'd plan on Recover but misdirection of the bees on the particles might occur. Anyway, these are the best ones. Attack Order is plainly Twister's animation. Defend Order is combined Twister's animation with Endure's animation. Heal Order is combined Twister's animation with the healing animation. Use Slash's effect for Attack Order's effect. Use Cosmic Power's effect for Defend Order. And, use Recover's effect for Healing Order. Tada! You now have the three Order moves!

I will come up with Ruby soon since the one I've downloaded isn't organized.

Found a bug with it...
Firstly even if opponent vespiqueen(pokemon) uses this move the bees rotate around the player pokemon for the Defend order ..... and after this move is used a weired cut-off graphics of moves appear in the position where the bees were seen.....
Hope you will get to it soon :)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
Animations for firered :)

Fairy wind:
Spoiler:

Worry seed:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Spoiler:
um? fairy wind is just a damaging move and its effects are covered under pound
worry seed was already done and just sets the ability to insomnia like it should
unless if these are animations?

EDIT: can you post the script ahaha?

Years
um? fairy wind is just a damaging move and its effects are covered under pound
worry seed was already done and just sets the ability to insomnia like it should
unless if these are animations?

EDIT: can you post the script ahaha?

Those are animation scripts pal. :P

Back