• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Astra Adventures

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Pokemon Astra Adventures

Game Download:
Click here to Download

Introduction:
Pokemon Astra Adventures is a fan game created by myself using Pokemon Essentials & RPG Maker XP.
I wanted to create a game which was set after the events of RBY & GSC which would tell a different story in the Kanto region.
While I know that this idea has been attempted before I hope that the new story is enough for people to want to try the game out.
As I have already created a fan game, Pokemon Nova, I decided to use the sprites/characters just to save time. This may change a little later in development.

Plot:
As a youngster of Pallet Town you are now called upon by professor Oak to help him with his new Pokedex project.
As the years have gone by Kanto has updated and the Pokemon from the region have found new powerful evolutions and new discoveries have found previously unknown baby forms. Oak wants to collect data on all the evolutionary lines from the Kanto region and has tasked you and two other trainers from Pallet to venture across the region and find them all.
While on your journey battle against the Gyms of Kanto and prove yourself as a worth Pokemon Trainer and follow in the footsteps of the legendary trainers Pallet town has produced.

Your journey may not be an easy one. A new evil has now surfaced which threatens the region.
Will you stand by and let the people and Pokemon of Kanto suffer?

Features:

- Characters from the Main Pokemon Games
- Mega Evolution
- Custom Mega Pokemon
- Edited 3rd Generation graphics
- New Moves and also moves that have featured from later generations
- Removed HMs
- Removed EVs from wild Pokemon like in the "Let's Go" series.
- 2 Rivals
- 8 Gym Leaders and Elite
- New Gym Leaders
- Updated Gym Teams
- New Gym Order
- New Evil Team - Team Astra
- New additions to the Kanto Pokedex
e.g. Sylveon, Electivire, tangrowth, etc...
- New evolution methods for trade Pokemon
- Updated Pokemon Stats, Typing and Movepools
- Updated overworld maps of the Kanto Region
- New static Pokemon encounter structure
- Visit other regions

Progress:
The game is now "complete" but I intend on making additions in the future.
This is still a very early version of the game so please do save regularly.

If you find any problems/errors/bugs please contact me on any of the links listed below:
I tend to update with screenshots/Images/Maps on my twitter page:
https://twitter.com/PKMN_Nova

Screenshots:
1_zpsqgqwhwvn.png
4_zpskcyikhrh.png
2_zpszxlikac2.png
3_zpsbjiifrng.png

nugget%20bridge%20rival_zpsr5kzv3oi.png
cerulean_zpsr78oe92p.png

Credits:

Credits:
Custom Trainer sprites, Custom Sprites, Alolan forms, Custom Megas, BURST form recolours:
Charizardthree

Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit:
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
Wyverii, Princessofmusic, GeoisEvil, Noscium, Layell, Branflakes325, leparagon
piphybuilder88, TheCynicalPoet, Farriella, Sleet, Princess-pheonix, WPS, Brylark,
Legitimate Username,

Smogon SM Sprite PRoject:
JaegerLucciano23, Leparagon, AXI, Fishbowlsoul

Pokemon follow:
Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
great idea, just some advice, try to make sense of everything , add nostigia, you blane didn't stay in seafoam islands forever, koga and jannine interacting.... whats new with safari zone, new branched out areas, mimic girl as an adult, drunk guy at viriden forest changed his life around, a massive building in vermillion that guy been working on it for 5 years LOL... gym leaders children maybe? giovonni returning for something.... stuff like that...anyways sounds exciting,

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I really love the story line idea for this game, the screenshots look really promising as well. I love the Kanto region so needless to say i am excited to play this. (I'll probably play once a longer beta comes out.) I hope this one is completed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Version 5 of Pokemon Retold is ready for testing,

- 6 Gyms
- Custom Mega Evolution
- Alolan Forms
- New Story
- Few Pokemon Edits (Type, Movepools, etc...)
- Trade Evolution Pokemon now have new methods to evolve

Please note not all NPC's are in the game yet but this is for testing purposes so it wont matter too much.

Download Link
https://goo.gl/DAZTXE

Let me know how I can improve and if there is anything that needs fixing,

Thanks

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2023
Promising... {:3}

And I think you should let us be able to put in 3D pokemons :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
The Kanto region now has 8 Gyms and an Elite four to challenge.

currently adding in NPCs, TMs and Rival battles.

Only 1 last part of the story is left to implement which should come very soon.

The game has been fully revamped in terms of levels which need testing so all the feedback is appreciated.

All Pokemon now have an upgraded movepool with brand new moves added in too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Pokemon Retold has now been fully updated. I have uploaded a version for map and Trainer testing.
The download link now has all 8 Gyms and an Elite Four but the story has been removed to avoid spoilers for the next version.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
tag changed as requested!

EDIT: since this forum is no longer visible, I'm moving this to Showcase!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
The game has a new update, please download the new version and delete the old file.
Save data will carry over.
Fixes:
- Overworld Sprites appearing where they should.
- Diglett's cave sign fixed.
- Bill's house events now work as they should.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
New Version 1.4 contains
- New items, trades, encounters have now been added.
- "Fly" should now work as intended.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
night time is far too dark in some places, is it possible to lighten up the night some in the future? I would like to play this as much as possible but I currently have trouble seeing the map.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
night time is far too dark in some places, is it possible to lighten up the night some in the future? I would like to play this as much as possible but I currently have trouble seeing the map.

I've been trying to find a fix for this for a while, It is definately something I want to do. my only suggestion is to change the time on your computer/laptop for the time being.
If you find out or know anyone who knows I'll be happy make the changes Asap.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
So I updated my game to overcome the bug after te bill's house event, but now the game is broken because Team Aster is still there even though I defeated them and no dragonite appears outside the lighthouse...

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Just letting you know when the player character battles Andy in front of the Viridian Gym, his team is bugged; they're very underlevelled.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Another bug at the League with Andy. The game crashes when you try to face him outside the League.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
also just curious, since EVs aren't a thing in this game, what do you do to improve stats assuming there is such a thing planned or implemented?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
So I updated my game to overcome the bug after te bill's house event, but now the game is broken because Team Aster is still there even though I defeated them and no dragonite appears outside the lighthouse...

If you saved after the event glitched then you've saved the glitch into your save fie.

also just curious, since EVs aren't a thing in this game, what do you do to improve stats assuming there is such a thing planned or implemented?

The Vitamins will still be avaliable in the game but I wanted to increase the difficulty slightly by removing EVs that your team would normally have ingame.
It also is for those who worry too much about ingame evs. I feel it works.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Another bug at the League with Andy. The game crashes when you try to face him outside the League.

This has been changed now. I'm just implementing a few more things and I'll release the V1.5
New version should be up by the end of the week.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If you saved after the event glitched then you've saved the glitch into your save fie.

The Vitamins will still be avaliable in the game but I wanted to increase the difficulty slightly by removing EVs that your team would normally have ingame.
It also is for those who worry too much about ingame evs. I feel it works.

I was afraid of that, I had to restart my game and I had such a great team going....And on the matter of the vitamins, they stop working after you use 10 of any variant on a pokemon (ten protein for example is 100 EVs in attack, but no more protein can be used on a pokemon after the tenth), so you may have to look into that. If you make it so you only need 100 EVs to max a stat that can overcome the issue nicely since your plan is to use the vitamins to mirror the effects of poke candy in Let's Go.

Also I think I have a possible solution for the night time being too dark. You should be able to turn up the gamma for night time if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise I would ask Maruno or another admin for assistance on that.

Back