• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Your Most Memorable Episode(s)?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
season01_ep20_ss04.jpg

There are quite a few episodes of the Pokemon Anime I consider to be very dear, even some filler episodes... but for you, what would those episodes be? What is your most memorable episode and how did it impact you (for better or even for worse)?​

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Emotional: The ice cave in the OG series, where all of Ash pokemon hug together to stay warm, hit me like a brick man.

Shipping/Filler wise: Serena dresses up as Ash (Don't judge me, I am but a simple being)

Comedy: Any of them where there are roasts going on

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The funny/emotional Kanto episodes. Ash vs Paul. Episodes with focus on Ash's Johto pokemon.

Years
  • When Pokemon Worlds Collide
  • Different Strokes For Different Blokes
  • Shapes Of Things To Come
  • Top-Down Training
  • Tag We''re It
  • Glory Blaze
  • Smells Like Team Spirit
  • Chim Charred
  • Aiding The Enemy
  • Pursuing A Lofty Goal
  • A Pyramiding Rage
  • Pedal To The Mettle
  • Evolving Strategies
  • Familiarity Breeds Strategy
  • A Real Rival Rouser
  • Battling Thaw In Relations

These episodes are memorable because they are the episodes that put a lot of focus on Ash's DP rival Paul,a character that was quite different from most of the others in the series who brought a dark and serious tone to the show more so the DP series.It's been said many times that he and Ash are like polar opposites,two sides of the same coin and that's quite true.But in my opinion I think Paul is an Ash done right,he doesn't handicap himself throughout regions for examples,

-Takes his role as a trainer very seriously
-Plans ahead for battles
-Rotates his pokemon
-Makes smart decisions in battles
-Captures/goes for the strongest species of a pokemon in the wild
-Puts his pokemon through rigorous training to ensure their power/abilities

Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Some of mine are

- Strategy with a smile
- Playing the Performance Encore!
-Familiarity Breeds Strategy!
-A Real Rival Rouser!
-Battling a Thaw in Relations!
- Settling a Not-So-Old Score!
- A grand fight for winning

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
-Any episode with Korrina in it <3
-Dawn's ep about catching Pachirisu had good hinting towards pearl shipping
-Pikachu's Goodbye (its a bit of a sad episode, but it used to be my absolute favorite pokemon ep when I was 12-13 'cuz i loved that ash and pika stayed together in the end :3)
-A lot of the episodes for season 6 and its theme song (so nostalgic of 2004 <3)
-I Feel Skitty! (just such a cute episode in general :3)
-I'm sure Dawn's contest eps in general inspired me on some level, since she's a confident yet cute type of girl that i would inspire to be like^^
-Clefairy also has memorial eps (its my favorite pokemon)
-Those Pokemon Ranger eps with Riolu in sinnoh were also awesome.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Emotional: XYZ Season Finale

Humor: Tower of Terror (The ghost-type trio made the episode less tense and more fun)

Filler: Take This House and Shuppet

Scary: Ghost of Maiden's Peak and Scare at the Litwick Mansion

Origins: Cubone

Generations: The Legacy and The Old Chateau

Years
that whole arc in hoenn when ash was about to challenge flannery is probably the most memorable to me. idk why though. these episodes was the reason i used to like torkoal,

good memories

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
From the top of my head, one in particular that stood out for me was when Ash gave away Butterfree because I cried so much during the episode. It was utterly upsetting.

Oh, and the episode where Ash gets the Togepi egg, but they were trying to decide between eachother who should keep Togepi once it hatched from the egg, plus the episode where Ash let Charizard stay at that training place.

Last edited:

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Considering I stopped watching after Hoenn the only one that I can think of is releasing Butterfree

Mewvee

Mewtwo and eevee
Years
All XYZ episodes (season 17-19) except a few and episode with larvatar or any cute Pok?mon (as long as it?s not about time travel or cheesy stuff. I especially like the Kalos final battle and Serena?s performances.:smile:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
All of Korrina's eps/eps with Korrina in them.

.....And Pikachu's Goodbye. Which was an old favorite ep of mine from my earlier pokemon fan days that GAVE ME SO MANY FEELS.
:'( T____T

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2018
I still enjoy the Flame Pokemon-athon episode from the Indigo League. I really enjoy watching Pokemon race together with their trainers. One of the reasons why I also want the Poke-ride feature in the core series games.

Years
The early ones that always stick out in my mind are Bye Bye Butterfree, Pikachu's Goodbye, Here Comes the Squirtle Squad, Charmander – The Stray Pokémon, any episode with Jigglypuff annoying everyone and, of course, Pokémon - I Choose You!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Tower of Terror. Ash gets crushed then fried and yet at the end of the episode he gets his ghost shoved back into his body and pretends nothing happened. Pikachu's Goodbye was also memorable. I had The Sisters of Cerulean City on VHS as a kid. It was the only one that I had so I watched those three episodes on occasion.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The one where Stoutland leaves Litten got me bawling tbh. Very deep, for being pokemon.

Back