• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Also, you could make sure that you've actually been around all of Unova. Check you've been to Undella Town, etc. and not just retraced your steps to end up at the Pokémon League without exploring the remaining areas.

Last edited:

~Akiko

<3
Years
Eggs and Natures

I'm just wondering, is there any way that can make a certain nature hatch more often? Sometimes it's really annoying when box after box fills up and you haven't gotten anywhere. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm just wondering, is there any way that can make a certain nature hatch more often? Sometimes it's really annoying when box after box fills up and you haven't gotten anywhere. :/

If you give one of the parents an Everstone, it gives that parent a 50% chance of passing on their nature instead of picking a random one. :B

~Akiko

<3
Years

If you give one of the parents an Everstone, it gives that parent a 50% chance of passing on their nature instead of picking a random one. :B

I didn't know that. :o
It still won't help me though as neither of the parents are the nature I need. T-T

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or alternatively if it's found in the wild, catch Munna's with synchronise and it'll give it a 50% chance of syncronising its nature with the Pokemon you wanna breed. :x

(Elgyem has it too)

~Akiko

<3
Years
Yeah, but I was just wondering if there was any way to get the nature of the first one easier.

Sometimes it just seems like it'll never happen. :/

Any chance of Munnas being caught with Timid nature often?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Yeah, but I was just wondering if there was any way to get the nature of the first one easier.

Sometimes it just seems like it'll never happen. :/

Any chance of Munnas being caught with Timid nature often?

Catch a wild female Munna. Then, look for any Pokemon that you have that is on this page and is male: click here. Also check your Dittos.

If the Pokemon has the desired Nature, take it out; have that male (or Ditto) hold an Everstone and put it in the Daycare with the female Munna. Hatch the egg and hope it has both Synchronize and the desired Nature (you have about 25%). Keep the Munna for future use. This also works with other Pokemon with Synchronize, but you need to conform to their egg groups.

Pretty hardcore players have 1 Synchronizer and 1 Ditto for each desirable Nature.

- - - - -

Alternatively, you can breed the female you are trying to breed now with another Pokemon with desirable Nature of its same egg group and then rebreed using the child that comes out of the egg with the male you are trying to breed.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
How can i get Milotic at Route 1?

It will appear 5% from a Phenomenal Encounter.

You have to look in the water for these semi-circular, dark blue ripples. If you walk into the ripple (or any Phenomenon), you'll encounter a Pokemon with 100% chance and the Pokemon will usually vary from what is normally found. Water ripples are different from other Phenomena (rustling grass / bird shadow / swirling dust) because they can also be fished in to encounter the Pokemon. On Route 1, fishing in Water Phenomena will 60% Feebas, 35% Basculin (opposite color from the ones normally found in the version being played), and 5% Milotic. You must fish or you will never encounter Milotic.

Given the rarity of Phenomena and the extremely low encounter rate of Milotic, you are better off hunting for Feebas and evolving it. It evolves very easily in this generation (you trade with a Prism Scale).

Fun fact: Tyranitar can also be found in rustling grass Phenomena in B/W.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
How do I get back to N's Castle? I beat the Elite Four and then wandered around a bit of the castle. I encountered a guy who asked me if I wanted to go back to the Pokemon League, and I said yes for whatever reason (just curious exactly where it would take me I guess). So it took me back outside the Pokemon League, but now the guy outside won't let me back in, saying I can't enter at this time. And I can't find N's Castle anywhere in the map, so I don't know how to get back there.

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
How do I get back to N's Castle? I beat the Elite Four and then wandered around a bit of the castle. I encountered a guy who asked me if I wanted to go back to the Pokemon League, and I said yes for whatever reason (just curious exactly where it would take me I guess). So it took me back outside the Pokemon League, but now the guy outside won't let me back in, saying I can't enter at this time. And I can't find N's Castle anywhere in the map, so I don't know how to get back there.

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what.

There's a Plasma member inside the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League that will send you back inside. Don't be afraid to use those guys to go back and forth to heal as needed. (:

~Akiko

<3
Years
Does Expirience share also share EV points, and if it does, would making the battling pokemon hold a macho brace make any difference?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Does Expirience share also share EV points, and if it does, would making the battling pokemon hold a macho brace make any difference?

Nope, experience share only gives experience, no Ev's. It's better to make a Pokemon hold a Power item that the Macho Brace.

Power Anket; Adds +4 Ev's to Speed but lowers the speed
Power Belt; Adds +4 Ev's to Defense but lowers the speed
Power Bracer; Adds +4 Ev's to Attack but lowers the speed
Power Band; Adds +4 Ev's to Special Defense but lowers the speed
Power Weight; Adds +4 Ev's to Hp but lowers the speed
Power Lens; Adds +4 Ev's to Special attack but lowers speed

They all can be purchased at the Battle Subway for 48 Bp IIRC.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Nope, experience share only gives experience, no Ev's. It's better to make a Pokemon hold a Power item that the Macho Brace.

Power Anket; Adds +4 Ev's to Speed but lowers the speed
Power Belt; Adds +4 Ev's to Defense but lowers the speed
Power Bracer; Adds +4 Ev's to Attack but lowers the speed
Power Band; Adds +4 Ev's to Special Defense but lowers the speed
Power Weight; Adds +4 Ev's to Hp but lowers the speed
Power Lens; Adds +4 Ev's to Special attack but lowers speed

They all can be purchased at the Battle Subway for 48 Bp IIRC.

Actually, an Exp. Share does give EVs. If you get experience, you get EVs. If you kill a Patrat for one Attack EV with a Pokemon holding an Exp. Share, each one that received experience will get one EV in Attack. While it's still better to use the Power items or the Macho Brace, it can slowly be done if your Pokemon is level 1 with an Exp. Share.

And each power item is 16 BP, not 48. So one full run through the Single Subway line.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well that kinda just messed me up a little, i just trained my Pokemon to lvl 21 with Expirience share....

Have you been using the Dream World? If you got far enough into that you can get some EV reducing berries and start over so you can EV properly.

~Akiko

<3
Years
I don't know what that is x].
I have another spare Pokemon with the correct nature luckily.

If I don't evolve the pokemon and train it, do I lose overall stats in the end?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't know what that is x].
I have another spare Pokemon with the correct nature luckily.

If I don't evolve the pokemon and train it, do I lose overall stats in the end?

That question confuses me a little, but I think I might understand it. xD If you EV train it before evolving it, it'll keep its EVs after evolution. But if you don't evolve it, the base stats are lower, so it's still not as strong as if you had. Is that your question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back