• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't break me, won't shake me. [OOC]

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
... for some reason it feels like I'm out of the loop somewhere XD

As for the small army of Pokemon, let her have it. It's not like Miharu can just throw a whole ***tton of pokeballs at the opponent and laugh at them. Besides, I'm sure everyone here has an equal amount of chance to surprise their opponents with surprise switch-ins; be it from a long list or a sudden switch :p

... As I have the chance to vouch ideas now, maybe there should be a loser's bracket for the other four trainers that won't be in the second half? I mean, it would be three extra battles max and it would add more fun.

Well you spoiled my surprise! Haha. Nah, I was going to actually announce that there will indeed be a loser's bracket. I still have to plan it out a bit, but there will indeed be one. That, or the losers will be asked to stay on (with pay) as sparring partners for those that are still in.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@ohHeyVaporeon - Perhaps you should expand the tournament so that we have a bunch of NPCs to battle? Unless you have some way to expand the RP... a lot.

EDIT: Ninja'd D:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Well you spoiled my surprise! Haha. Nah, I was going to actually announce that there will indeed be a loser's bracket. I still have to plan it out a bit, but there will indeed be one. That, or the losers will be asked to stay on (with pay) as sparring partners for those that are still in.

That was my idea, aside from the pay part. ;)

Ninja'd mean that someone beat you to a post that was going to say almost exactly like you were going to say.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
That was my idea, aside from the pay part. ;)

Ninja'd mean that someone beat you to a post that was going to say almost exactly like you were going to say.

I seem to be good at that when I don't intend to. I'm sorry to all the damaged parties TT o TT

Speaking of which, that's an ambiguous transition for a single out of topic announcement: I'm turning 18 tomorrow and spending my half day at school turning a kid in for harassment on my bus! 18's already looking good X3

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Thank you, Michaela :)

I hope I do, too, but so far things are looking great. First time I celebrated by birthday on the actual day in a while... it's usually always a weekday XD

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: Brandon Callahan

Nickname: N/A

Appearance:

Apparel:
black%20suit%20with%20blue%20tie.jpg

Facial Appearance:
light_yagami03.jpg

Other Details:

Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: 183 pounds
Build: Slender

Personality:

Brandon is calm and confident, never bragging about his accomplishments yet he still has confidence in his abilities as a trainer and isn't hesitant to display them. Brandon is generally kind to others and cares about the people he knows. On the flip-side, Brandon knows when he needs to get something done and won't let others get in the way of his path. Brandon is a quiet-mannered person, and outside of Pokemon battling he is a bit of a pushover who tends to "go-with-the-flow". As previously hinted, his quiet, kind manner changes when Pokemon battling to a confident and bold person. Brandon often has mood swings, feeling happy and excited one minute, and he could be depressed the next. Brandon's outlook on life is that you should always be looking for opportunities. Brandon has a tendency to crack under pressure, which was documented on Region-wide Television as he flopped in a match against the Champion.

History:

Brandon was born in the small, sleepy Sandgem town, which also happened to be where Professor Rowan's lab was located. As a young boy and aspiring Pokemon Trainer, Brandon would ask Rowan and his aides for information on Pokemon and their mannerisms. Before Brandon left to take the Gym challenge at fourteen years old, Brandon had a decent knowledge about Pokemon. When Brandon turned fourteen, he received a Omanyte, which was genetically re-mastered by Professor Rowan. With his Omanyte alongside him, Brandon began his Gym Challenge. Despite starting battling later than most Trainers, Brandon steam-rolled through the eight gyms of Sinnoh, recording one of the fastest Gym runs, his times rivaled Lucas, a now-revered Pokemon Trainer. Coming off his heating Gym run,Brandon challenged the Elite Four. Just as he had done with the Gym Leaders, Brandon crusaded through the Elite Four, leaving the Champion of Sinnoh as the only obstacle in Brandon's way. The battle, which was shown Sinnoh-wide, started out well for Brandon, eliminating five of the Champ's six Pokemon, while only losing one in the process. That is when one of the biggest collapses in Battling history, as Brandon's poor decision making caused him to fall flat against the Champion, with Brandon losing the battle. That loss was the turning point for Brandon, as he steadily declined into mediocrity, losing tournament after tournament. When the Stars of Sinnoh was advertised, Brandon saw it as a chance to redeem his status as a top-tier Trainer.

Pokemon:

Spoiler:

In PC:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
@ohHeyVaporeon: thanks, but 20 doesn't sound old. o . o Then again, I'll eventually get there, too

@Nakuzami: I AM JUSTICE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

... and yes I just saw that creepy laugh in my head. On the other hand, it would be funny if he posted a picture of Ryuk. An apple addiction would be an ineresting new spin in a Pokemon RP.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
@ohHeyVaporeon: thanks, but 20 doesn't sound old. o . o Then again, I'll eventually get there, too

@Nakuzami: I AM JUSTICE!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

... and yes I just saw that creepy laugh in my head. On the other hand, it would be funny if he posted a picture of Ryuk. An apple addiction would be an ineresting new spin in a Pokemon RP.

Bradyn's Vaporeon has an addiction to watermelon slices. ^^

Yagerbomb, you are accepted. Welcome to the roleplay.

I am about to go spend some times with friends, but when I get back later tonight I wil develop the posting order, as well as post any other things that I might have left out that need to be known about the roleplay, how it will go, the loser's bracket, etc...

^^

Last edited:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
That will be an interesting thing to see in the RP

Skipping the obvious question of when we'll start, where are we going to start in the RP?

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I suppose. I'm going for a funny angle with it.

I am planning on us starting at the point of arrival. Meaning, when they get the tournament, their registration, scouting out the Round Robin groups (which I will also form tonight), getting to their rooms (which will be at the tournament, in "housing"), and training with your team (training areas will also be provided) if you'd like. Obviously, I will post first... Just to get everything squared away, and as the example post of how it should start and whatnot.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
...Only two girls. WE CAN DO IT MICHAELA.

You and I have the youngest characters, Roswell. :0 And Michaela's supposed to be some big-shot champ with an army of Pokemon. Maybe you should cheer for the two of us instead? XD

Or at least some wish of good luck my way... making it to the top 4 would be nice o w o'|||

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
But Nubia's also beaten the Unova E4 (I guess that would include Alder?), Emmet and Ingo, and has won a bunch of Unovian tournaments or at least did very well in them~

I wonder who is gonna come out on top. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Random guy with ubers suddenly appears and pwns everyone.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Now that you say that, I think Seth is pretty much the only one that hasn't had some grand moment of glory in his history...

so essentially he's the one with the least experience tourney/championship-wise. I hope that means that he's at least the dark horse of the competition.

... and yes I avoided the obvious joke of calling him the "gray" horse. Wait-- %&$^!!!!!!

*** Edit ***

Now that I think about it like that, I think I should play off that angle when I first introduce him in the story. Already got the necessary components in the History, so why not XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Now that you say that, I think Seth is pretty much the only one that hasn't had some grand moment of glory in his history...

so essentially he's the one with the least experience tourney/championship-wise. I hope that means that he's at least the dark horse of the competition.

... and yes I avoided the obvious joke of calling him the "gray" horse. Wait-- %&$^!!!!!!

*** Edit ***

Now that I think about it like that, I think I should play off that angle when I first introduce him in the story. Already got the necessary components in the History, so why not XD

Nel hasn't been in any championships, and unless I decide to add more to his history, no tournaments either. Only gym battles.
Yet he already has an extensive line-up of Pokemon. I guess it helps his father is very influential and rich(just came up with that earlier, so it's not in mah history. It would explain why they could afford a Deino with all those egg moves...)
NEL WILL WIN THIS!
... How do we decide whom wins what battles?
And are we allowed to at least use one Pokemon in almost all battles, since Zel is Nel's partner?

Back