• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luna's Adventure in Hoenn

Years
Omega Ruby - Introduction

Hi everyone! So anyone that knows me knows that Hoenn is without a doubt my favourite region. It was the setting of the games that made me fall in love with the Pokemon series and I've spent countless hours there. Despite all my playthroughs of Emerald, I've only ever played through Omega Ruby once, so with the addition of journals in the Pokemon Gaming sections, I decided to go back and play the Hoenn remake again!

So, this will just be a normal playthrough, I'll try and catch Pokemon that were different to my team that I had the first time round and of course give them all unique nicknames as to create a somewhat different experience. Also, I don't know how frequently I'll be posting in this journal, with my job and school exams just around the corner I don't have as much time to play Pokemon, but I'll be updating as much as I can!

pokemon_omega_ruby_alpha_sapphire.jpg

Years
Entry #1 - April 7th, 2017​

After watching the nostalgic title sequence, I eventually figured out how to start a new game and began my adventure in Hoenn. After arriving in Littleroot Town in the back of a cramped truck, I checked out my house and then went to visit May but she went to help her dad soon after I saw her. When I went out onto route 201, Professor Birch was being chased by a Poochyena and I decided to choose Mudkip as my starter to help him out (the first time I played through Omega Ruby I chose Treecko) and managed to take out his attacker pretty easily. After that I went back to Littleroot Town where Birch gave me the Mudkip - I nicknamed him Nereus after a Greek water deity - to keep and told me to go see May just north of Oldale Town.

After some minor training and a tour from a enthusiastic Poke Mart salesman, I eventually took on May and beat her convincingly. Then, after returning to Littleroot Town again Professor birch gave me the Pokedex and sent me off into the beautiful Hoenn region.

Team:
"Nereus" - Mudkip - Level 8

Current Location - Oldale Town

Years
Entry #2 - April 8th, 2017

Venturing out into Route 103, Nereus and I took on the trainers throughout the route and encountered various Pokemon in hope of a potential addition to the team. I then remembered that Tailow could be found on Route 104 so I continued to battle my way to Petalburg City. Upon arrival I healed at the Pokemon Centre and then went to visit Norman at the city's gym; he started talking to me about becoming a trainer until we were interrupted by a nervous Wally who explained how he was moving away and wanted a Pokemon to take with him, so Norman sent me to watch him catch a Ralts.

After successfully helping Wally and then finishing up with Norman, I continued with my journey and went out into Route 104. I didn't realise this at the time but Tailow only have a 5% encounter rate on this route so I was there for a fair amount of time searching for one. Anyway, eventually a Tailow was caught and I decided to name him "Aeolus" (another Greek name that was for the ruler of the winds, in fact, I'm just gonna have a Greek mythology nickname theme now). We then took on the two trainers on Route 104 and battled some wild Pokemon to level up, ready to head into Petalburg Woods.

Team
"Nereus" - Mudkip - Level 11
"Aeolus" - Tailow - Level 9

Current Location - Route 104

Years
Entry #3 - April 9th, 2017

Stepping into Petalburg Woods, I took on a couple of Bug Trainers before coming across a Devon Researcher who was looking for a Shroomish. Suddenly, a member of Team Magma showed himself and after the researcher asked me for help, I dispatched off the grunt and received an Exp share for my troubles. After seeing the Devon employee on his way I beat another Bug Trainer and then emerged from the wood onto Route 104. Stopping off at the Petalburg Flower Shop for a break, I then pushed on and after beating two twins in a double battle on a bridge, I finally arrived at Rustboro City.

I then met up with May who explained how I could find my first Pokemon Gym in the city and after exploring Rustboro (receiving HM01 Cut in the process) I decided to head north and train on Route 116, in preparation for my first Gym challenge. I then came across a tunnelling project which aimed to connect Rustboro with Verdanturf Town, however it had been stopped. After defeating a few trainers, I returned to the Pokemon Centre to heal up and prepared to take on Roxanne.

Team:
"Nereus" - Mudkip - Level 14
"Aeolus" - Tailow - Level 13

Current Location - Rustboro City

Note: I'm going on holiday tomorrow and probably won't have wifi enough to update my journal, I'll probably end up writing a mega post and then publish it next Sunday or so, bye for now guys!

Years
Entry #4 - April 11, 2017

After actually obtaining wifi on holiday, thankfully, I'll be able to keep this journal going whilst I'm here. Just a short entry today but I managed to take on the Rustboro City gym and after defeating the trainers, and evolving Nereus into a Marshtomp, I took on Roxanne and won with relative easy to obtain my first gym badge! Coming out of the gym I saw a Team Magma grunt run off and a Devon Researcher chasing him who then asked me to track down the criminal. After reaching the tunnel on Route 116, I come across Mr Briney who explained how the same grunt had stolen 'Peecko' so I prepared to enter the tunnel and confront him.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 16
"Aeolus" - Tailow - Level 15

Current Location - Route 116

Gym Badges - 1

Last edited:
Years
Entry #5 - April 11th, 2017

Tracking down the Team Magma grunt who stole the Devon Goods and Mr Briney's Peecko, I took him on and after defeating his lone Poochyena, retrieved both. Returning to Rustboro City, I returned the goods and then spoke with the president of Devon Corporation who gave me a letter to deliver to Steven who was in Dewford Town so once I'd backtracked slightly to Mr Briney's house, we set sail for the island town.

Once we arrived, I decided to do some training just north of the town, before returning to Dewford and exploring around a bit, receiving an Old Rod in the process. The Gym was my next challenge, so after stepping on various light switches and defeating the trainers, I eventually reached Brawley who -like Roxanne- didn't pose much of a challenge and before long I'd received my second badge. Next up, Granite Cave.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 18
"Aeolus" - Tailow - Level 18

Currently Location - Dewford Town

Gym Badges - 2

Years
Entry #6 - April 13th, 2017

Granite Cave was next on the agenda, so I travelled around the island and entered the small cave to find Steven Stone studying ancient markings on the wall concerning primal Kyogre and Groudon. After delivering his letter, I made my way out to the dock where Mr Briney told me that the Devon President asked me to deliver some goods to Captain Stern in Slateport City so we set sail without any delay.

Arriving at the beach of Route 109, I took on the various trainers to train up a bit and even defeated those in the Seashore House, which earned me half a dozen 'Soda Pops'. Pressing on into Slateport City, I explored the market and the various locations in the city, which eventually brought me to the Shipyard, where I was informed that Captain Stern was at the museum. I remembered seeing Team Magma grunts outside the museum earlier so I quickly went to it and after paying the entrance fee, found Stern on the second floor. After talking to him, two Magma grunts showed up and when one challenged me, I swiftly dealt with him. Then suddenly, their leader Maxie appeared, who called off the attack but left Stern and I with an ominous warning never to interfere with his plans again.

Once the drama of the museum was behind me, I discovered the contest star Lisa being filmed during her scouting and when she picked me out and asked me to participate in a contest for her, I duly obliged. Aeolus was my choice for the contest (in the 'Coolness class') and with a combination of wing attack and quick attack, we managed to win first time! With our first contest victory behind us, it was time for my team and I to head out towards New Mauville.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 21
"Aeolus" - Tailow - Level 19

Current Location - Slateport City

Gym Badges - 2

Years
Entry #7 - April 15th, 2017

I next went out to Route 110 and battled against some of the trainers before going underneath the cycle road where I came upon May who challenged me to a battle. Once again, she wasn't that tough and I managed to beat her pretty easily. There was several more trainers under the cycling road and Aeolus eventually evolved into a Swellow before I'd reached New Mauville! After healing up I decided to take a break and explore the city, obtaining a bike from Rydel's along the way. Remembering that there was a slope back in Granite Cave that could be ascended with the bike, I headed back to Dewford (via the cycling road and its trainers) to find an Aron for my team.

Sailing with Mr Briney once again, I returned to the island and entered Granite Cave. Climbing up the slope with my bike, I then took a ladder down into the depths of the cave and encountered an Aron straight away which, after weakening slightly, I was able to catch. Following my Greek mythology theme, I named the Aron "Gaia" and soon returned back to Mauville. I then stumbled across Wally who was in front of the gym and he challenged me to a battle in attempt to prove himself but his Ralts was defeated with one hit of Aeolus' Aerial Ace. I knew that Gaia would be a crucial part of gaining the badge from the Mauville gym, so I prepared myself to train up my new Pokemon in the routes surrounding Mauville.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 25
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 25
"Gaia" - Aron- Level 14

Current Location - New Mauville

Gym Badges - 2

Years
Entry #8 - April 16th, 2017

I began to toughen up Gaia, training in the routes surrounding Mauville City and beating the Winstrate family and some trainers by the Day Care before doing some slight grinding on Route 117. After, I took a break and explored Verdanturf Town to then continue my part-time career as a Pokemon Coordinator. Once again Aeolus and I took centre stage but this time in the Super Rank of the 'Coolness' class, however, it was the same result with my Swellow once again winning and allowing me to enter the hyper rank next time out. Afterwards, I did a bit more training before growing bored and returning to Mauville to take on the gym, despite Gaia's inferior level.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 28
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 28
"Gaia" - Aron - Level 20

Current Location - Mauville City

Gym Badges - 2

Years
Entry #9 - April 17th, 2017

Making quick work of the trainers in the Mauville Gym, I eventually managed to reach the leader Watson and took him on. His use of Volt Switch was annoying and eventually resulted in Gaia and Aeolus fainting but not without significant damage to his own team. I also didn't realise how overlevelled Aeolus and Marshtomp were and the latter made short work of the Gym leader's team to earn me the Dynamo Badge. After, I continued on my journey and ventured out into Route 111, battling a few trainers and coming across the Cable cart to Mt Chimney, which was being blocked by Magma grunts so I had to take the fiery path which led around to Route 112, where more trainers awaited. A man named Aarune then explained Secret Bases and even allowed me to have my own inside a tree. Moving on, I took on some more battles and traversed the ash covered Route 113, reaching Fallarbor Town where I saved the game ready for my next adventure.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 31
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 30
"Gaia" - Aron - Level 23

Current Location - Fallarbor Town

Gym Badges - 3

Years
Entry #10, May 3rd, 2017

Okay I'm finally back, been really busy recently but I got given tonight off work so I though I'd play some OR. I didn't manage to get too much done today but just did a little bit of training against trainers and Pokemon on the routes near Fallarbor Town and then participated in another contest in the town.

The hyper rank of the Coolness class was quite a bit tougher and Aeolus and I came so close to winning,
but just fell short of a Nuzleaf and its trainer, finishing in second place. I then fed some Pokeblocks to Aeolus to improve its conditions for the next contest I take part in. After that, I set out onto Route 114 to make my way to Meteor Falls where Professor Cozmo had apparently been captured and taken to.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 32
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 31
"Gaia" - Aron - Level 25

Current Location - Route 114

Gym Badges - 3

Years
Entry #11, May 7th, 2017

In a rush to rescue Prof. Cozmo, I ventured out into Route 114, battling several trainers, visting Lanette's house and training up Gaia along the way. Eventually, I come across the entrance to Meteor Falls and upon entry immediately saw May, Cozmo and a Team Magma grunt and Admin. May and I then battled the Team Magma members together and took them down without too many problems, with Gaia playing a pivotal role.

After the battle the admin Tabitha stole the meteorite from Cozmo and made a hasty exit, explaining how they plan to travel to the top of My Chimney. Then, the Team Aqua leader Archie appeared who told me not to meddle in his team's affairs. Once May and I had returned Professor Cozmo back to Fallarbor Town, we both travelled back to Mauville City, where May planned to take on the gym and I would begin to trip to Mt Chimney.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 34
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 33
"Gaia" - Aaron - Level 28

Current Location - Mauville City

Gym Badges - 3

Years
Entry #12 - 9th May, 2017

Mt Chimney and the threat of Team Magma was next on the agenda so after taking a trip on the cable cart, I arrived at the top of the mountain. Magma grunts were scattered everywhere and I eventually found Tabitha who welcomed me with a (relatively easy) battle. After that, Maxie was waiting for me and took me on; his team wasn't too much of a challenge and after trying to take some of his Pokemon down with Gaia, I just ended up steamrolling him with Aeolus and Nereus. Once he was defeated, Maxie mentioned about going to Mt Pyre and made a hasty exit.

Lavaridge Town and my next gym badge was up next so I traversed the Jagged Pass, with a couple of members of my team pretty weak, and rushed to the Pokemon Center in town to heal up. Then, I took a well needed break in the hot sprigs and explored Lavaridge, receiving an egg from an old lady in the process. When I had finished exploring, I went back to the Jagged Pass and did some traning, ready for Flannery's gym.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 35
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 35
"Gaia" - Aron - Level 28

Current Location - Lavaridge Town

Gym Badges - 3

Years
Entry #13 - 20th May, 2017

Navigating the various different trapdoors in Flannery's gym, I took on the trainers that inhabited the gym,
returning to the Pokemon centre a couple of times to recover some of my Pokemon's health and get rid of their burns (yes I should have brought burn heal). Eventually, I made it to Flannery and after her unusual speech, we began our battle. Gaia managed to take down her Slugma and Nereus made quick work of her Numel and Torkoal to earn me my fourth gym badge and Nereus evolved into a Swampert after the battle.

After exiting the gym, I came across May and once we had a chat, we travelled back to Petalburg City together to challenge Norman's gym. I healed up, and then immediately headed into the gym, taking on the accuracy, defence and strength rooms before reaching Norman's. He sent out his first Slaking whilst I started with Gaia and after several 'Yawns' and frustrating 'encores' I had to eventually switch out to Aeolus to avoid Gaia fainting. My Swellow was able to finish off the Slaking and his Vigoroth, before I switched out to Nereus to battle his final Slaking which didn't survive many of Swampert's attacks and eventually fell to get me my fifth gym badge. Upon exiting the gym, Wally was back in Petalburg gym and after a discussion, his Dad gave me the Surf HM and we both travelled to New Mauville, ready to journey to the east side of Hoenn and continue my adventure.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshstomp - Level 37
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 36
"Gaia" - Aron - Level 31

Current Location - New Mauville

Gym Badges - 5

Years
Entry #14 - 30th May, 2017

Surfing east of Mauville on Nereus, I came ashore on Route 117 and immediately received the Good Rod from a fisherman and then battled another one by the side of the sea. Pressing on, I encountered Steven and after we talked for a bit, a Latias appeared and requested we soared with it to an island where some supposed trouble was brewing. Arriving at the island, we found Latios and were confronted by the Team Magma Admin Courntey and a grunt who Steven and I defeated in a double battle - with Gaia evolving into a Lairon in the process. After they departed, Latios joined my team (I nickname him Artmeis, the God of the hunt) and Steven gave me a Mega Bracelet to mega evolve it; we then returned to Route 117 and said our farewells.

I then followed the route up into Route 118 and took on the various bug trainers hiding in the tall grass before stopping for a rest and to heal up at a house along the way. Continuing on, I followed the river north, beating some trainers and eventually reaching the Weather Institute where some Team Magma grunts were standing guard.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 41
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 41
"Gaia" - Lairon - Level 34
"Artmeis" - Latios - Level 32

Current Location - Weather Institute

Gym Badges - 5

Years
Entry #15 - 12th June, 2017

Entering the Weather Institute, I addressed the receptionist who explained there was a disturbance on the second floor. I then battled my way through several Team Magma grunts to get the stairs and climbed to the second floor. After defeating some more grunts, I eventually come across the Magma Admin Tabitha and a combination of Gaia and Nereus were able to take him down and save the institute.

After talking to one of the scientists at the Weather Institute I received a Castform (and boxed it later on) and then went across the bridge outside where I found May who challenged me to a battle. Gaia and Aeolus made short work of her team and after I won she gave me the HM Fly. I then made it to the treetop city of Fortree and after exploring around a bit -coming across a mysterious invisible object and the Secret Base guild- went out onto Route 120 to try and find a way into the Fortree gym.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 42
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 43
"Gaia" - Lairon - Level 36
"Artmeis" - Latios - Level 34

Current Location - Route 120

Gym Badges - 5

Years
Entry #15 - 12th June, 2017

Continuing on onto Route 120, I battled a couple of trainers and fought my way through the tall grass to a bridge where I encountered Steven. He revealed the invisible Kecleon and after I defeated it, he gave me a Swampertite before we parted ways. I then returned to Fortree City where I revealed a Kecleon and entered the Fortree Gym.

I mainly used Gaia to take on the trainers within the gym, but after he fainted Artemis was able to deal with the rest. After quickly healing up at the Pokemon Center I returned to the Gym and took on Winona. Gaia and Artemis were able to take down her Swellow and Altaria, whilst Aeolus was able to take down the rest of her team to earn me my 6th gym badge. I then ventured out onto Route 120 once more, ready to make my way to Lilycove City
Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 43
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 43
"Gaia" - Lairon - Level 38
"Artmeis" - Latios - Level 35

Current Location - Route 120

Gym Badges - 6

Years
Entry #16 - 127h June, 2017

Continuing onto Route 120, I battled my way past several trainers, traversing the rainy and overgrown terrain and even discovering one of the old Regi ruins in the process. I then found myself on Route 121 and skipped past the trainers in order to reach Lilycove City and heal up. Returning back to Route 121, I won a double battle and then explored the Safari Zone, catching a Pikachu to add to my team - I called it Astrape. My team and I then went back to take on several trainers and continue our training, with Astrape gaining a couple of levels and Gaia finally evolving into an Aggron.

Eventually returning to Lilycove City, I explored the city and saw numerous Team Magma grunts in the area, with one mentioning that their hideout was down by the beach. Not being able to explore this any further, I went to the Department Store, only to meet May who challenged me to a battle. She was defeated pretty soundly by Astrape, Nereus and Aeolus. I then purchased some supplies at the store ready for my trip to Mt Pyre.

Team:
"Nereus" - Marshtomp - Level 46
"Aeolus" - Swellow - Level 47
"Gaia" - Lairon - Level 42
"Artmeis" - Latios - Level 40
"Astrape" - Pikachu - Level 32

Current Location - Lillycove City

Gym Badges - 6

Back