• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2012
Hello there. I just downloaded and patched this game after playing an earlier version that was bugged. When I loaded up fire red though it just came to a blank white screen. Can someone help me with this?

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Which script editor are you using? If it is XSE make sure you're using version 1.1.1

I'm using XSE, but I'm not sure if it's 1.1.1...
EDIT: Found 1.1.1
One of my overworlds refuses to show up at all... The script attached to him looks like this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x900000
#org @start2
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @Swedenbeauty 0x6
release
end

#org @Swedenbeauty
= SWEDEN is so pretty \nthis time of year!
The overworld just... doesn't show up. At all.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm using XSE, but I'm not sure if it's 1.1.1...
EDIT: Found 1.1.1
One of my overworlds refuses to show up at all... The script attached to him looks like this:
Code:
#dynamic 0x900000
#org @start2
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @Swedenbeauty 0x6
release
end

#org @Swedenbeauty
= SWEDEN is so pretty \nthis time of year!
The overworld just... doesn't show up. At all.

Make sure that the OW in question isn't sharing its 'person event number' with any other OWs on the map. Also make sure it isn't set to hidden in its movements/ ensure the flag matching its 'Person ID' hasn't been set.

Also, I made a few changes to your script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x[COLOR="Red"]8[/COLOR]00000

#org @start2
msgbox @Swedenbeauty 0x[COLOR="red"]2[/COLOR] // The msgbox type 0x2 automatically includes the lock and faceplayer commands
release
end

#org @Swedenbeauty
= SWEDEN is so pretty\nthis time of year!

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Make sure that the OW in question isn't sharing its 'person event number' with any other OWs on the map. Also make sure it isn't set to hidden in its movements/ ensure the flag matching its 'Person ID' hasn't been set.

Also, I made a few changes to your script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x[COLOR="Red"]8[/COLOR]00000

#org @start2
msgbox @Swedenbeauty 0x[COLOR="red"]2[/COLOR] // The msgbox type 0x2 automatically includes the lock and faceplayer commands
release
end

#org @Swedenbeauty
= SWEDEN is so pretty\nthis time of year!
Oh, I see.

It has not been set as hidden as its movements, nor does it share any "Person Event Number with any other person on the map.
It still does not show up. :/
I also have a warp tile that refuses to work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Is it possible to have your hero have a different look in the beginning of the game and then change after a certain event?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Hey Community,
I have a question.
I want to load a picture with 256 colours.
Like the worldmap I think.
So I want to know how i must insert this picture and then how can I display it on the screen. I am not the best in ASM, so I don't want to see a complete code or something, I just want an explanation how I can do it and how it works. After that I had thinked of another way like. I want to load a graphic as background, then there are objects which I can select and if I push a another site will be opened with informations.
I hope you can help me, sorry for my bad english and also I hope you can understand me.
Dero

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
I have a warp tile that refuses to work right, even though the connections are all fine and stuff...
What can I do to fix this?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have a warp tile that refuses to work right, even though the connections are all fine and stuff...
What can I do to fix this?

Warp events need to on/next to specific warp tiles (EG. in a house the pink box that's on the floor has special behavioural bites that activate the warp) so my guess is you need to change that :).

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Has the tile got the right behavior bite that says "Use warp" in Block Editor?
Ah, that might explain it. :P
Warp events need to on/next to specific warp tiles (EG. in a house the pink box that's on the floor has special behavioural bites that activate the warp) so my guess is you need to change that :).
Yeah, that makes sense.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Yes, it is possible, using JPAN's Fire Red hacked engine, although I've never used it for more than one hero OW, it is included in this.

Hmm, thanks. Seems very complicated though, I don't think I really understand the method. Do I need to patch my Fire Red rom first?

If I understand correctly I can, after applying the patch, easily change my hero sprite by just using this simple script:
#org @start
Setvar 0x4054 0x107
Setvar 0x4055 0x108
Setvar 0x4056 0x109
Setvar 0x4057 0x10a
Setvar 0x4058 0x10b
Setvar 0x4059 0x10c
End

However, what are the 0x107, 0x108, 0x109 etc? I can't seem to find that part explained. Also, I've been taught that when I use setvar, I use variables higher than 4000. That doesnt seem possible anymore then apparently.

Help with this is much appreciated!

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Something seriously went screwy. I tried to edit something, backed up the ROM, and now AdvanceMap refuses to open up any of the maps of anything. I think I've just lost all of my progress...

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Well, just keep it for reference, and if you ever find a way that you can fix it, then fix it. But until then start over is the only way you can go.

It might have been the way I backed it up.
Is there a correct way besides just copy and pasting the ROM? I've noticed that when I do that, then AdvanceMap refuses to open up the copy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Hi, I'm new here, my name is Luke.
I have a couple of questions I really hope I can get help with.
1) Is it easier to hack fire red, adding the special/physical divide, certain Sinnoh pokemon, and adding Hoenn and Johto, or hacking Heart Gold, and adding Hoenn. I want to spend a few months/years making a hack where you travel through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.
2) Is there a list of hacking tools that people recommend. I really don't want to annoy anyone, just this site is a little intimidating, though I will get used to it.
3) I can backup my own GBA/DS games to make roms (fire red, ruby, Heart Gold, and White), would I need to patch them before hacking?

Thank you for your time, it's really appreciated.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
You could just use 'Save as' in Advance Map and change the filename.

It does not allow me to do that.
"File was not saved!"

Also, I'm having troubles with overworlds not being where they're supposed to be... Is there a way I can fix this? (again)
Like, I'll put one in at say, 0003 and 000A, but it'll be in a random place other than that when I actually test the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back