• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I guess that's true, but then they should come up with a better name than Grass punch XD Like Leaf Punch or Wood Punch/Branch Punch idk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like Leaf Punch! That's actually pretty cool.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Okay Toujours let us send a letter with our idea, cause I want Leaf Punch!!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Same way Razor Leaf/Leaf Storm would work probably.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ehh Leaf Punch is so obvious! ;A;
It should be "Wooden Pummel Technique"! >:D

that makes me want to watch Naruto aaaargh

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That wouldn't make sense unless Fire Punch has a chance to burn and same goes for the others, and is called Flame Arm.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Oh I didn't even know that. But yeah one could argue that Needle Arm would be more like a poison-type punch equivalent in that case. Leaf Punch could maybe induce sleep or something. I have no idea how lol. Make it Spore Punch then!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Knock out isn't exactly the same as sleep XD But Spore Whip would be pretty cool, like it could induce sleep, poison and paralysis.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Personally, I'd just like to tack on a random status condition to the move Seed Bomb and have that be the equal of one of the punches. It's still physical, but since it isn't direct contact you don't have to worry about Poison Point or Static like you would with a punch attack.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Knock out isn't exactly the same as sleep XD But Spore Whip would be pretty cool, like it could induce sleep, poison and paralysis.

Ooh that is cool, kinda like how Tri Attack has a random chance of Paralyzing, Freezing, or Burning the opponent. Just in this case, the other two status conditions are used. I like this. xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years

Ooh that is cool, kinda like how Tri Attack has a random chance of Paralyzing, Freezing, or Burning the opponent. Just in this case, the other two status conditions are used. I like this. xD

I'd like using that move, but I'd HATE going up against an opponent who uses that move. More than anything, status conditions freak me out in Pokemon games.(Grass types already have ample ammunition with which to smite you with various status ailments.)

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years

I'd like using that move, but I'd HATE going up against an opponent who uses that move. More than anything, status conditions freak me out in Pokemon games.(Grass types already have ample ammunition with which to smite you with various status ailments.)

Not if they've been Taunted to use attack moves. I used Taunt once on a Meganium and it used Struggle, eventually defeating itself. And about that move, Dizzy Punch, the name sounds so obvious, it should guaranteed confusion on every strike but DynamicPunch already has that effect except it's inaccurate.

Andrew1989

neet
Years
I know it sounds really stupid... but I honestly do wish for a Fire/Water type one day. I know we've got Reshiram that doesn't have a weakness to water (because of it's dual dragon type), but I'd just like to see a Fire/Water type for once. Would be awesome to see a fire type using surf. I mean of you can use Charizard underwater in a battle in R/S/E then why can't we get a fire/water type?

I need to stop rambling now. Going to now take part in a monotype challange to get me back into Pokémon. Doing a Rock one (since I do believe it'll be tricky to achieve).

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It's not stupid, I totally agree! It is the one typing I really wanted to see that B/W did not deliver. Fire/Water... oh that would solve so many problems in my Pokemon teams.

Andrew1989

neet
Years
Well they did give us a Fire type that was resistant (actually did normal damage) to Water types, but that was a legendary (and as much as I enjoy Dragon types, I don't like Reshiram due to it's retarded cry) so it doesn't count. What I find funny is that while they don't give us a Fire/Water type, they instead let Rock types use the move Surf. Now I don't know what their reason is... but if it's something silly like "You can find rocks in the water so it's only logcial" then why can't they just let fire types use surf as well?

I'm probably tripping myself up big time here when I say that, but if Gamefreak can make all sorts of weird things, then they shouldn't have difficulty giving me a Fire/Water type. Never mind common sense, it doesn't exist in Pokémon (at least I'm not aware of it). GameFreak should be able to come up with something at least (knowing how they can come up with anything).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well they could make a steam Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back