• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Username: DeiWildcat
Game: Pokemon Platinum

Rules:

Spoiler:

-Day 1-

Spoiler:

-Day 1 Stats-

Spoiler:

-Journal-

Spoiler:

Years
Update #1 for my Emerald Nuzlocke and so far, it has been highly successful (and so it should be with how many times I've played through the game).
Spoiler:

My Team so far:
Spoiler:

What I forgot to post for my Crystal update, and the thing I caught earlier.
JjfjNGP.png
2oebH6V.png

I'll post my next update over the next few days.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Update #3
-Caught a male Doduo in New Mauville, named him Edd (Double D from Ed, Edd n' Eddy, amirite?). Straight into the team, needed a flying type so a good catch (FOUND A STUPID IDIOT ARTICUNO RIGHT AFTER ALL MY AGHHHH).
-Liz evolved into a Hariyama, let the destruction commence!
021-1_zps94a372bf.png

-Edd evolved into Dodrio!
022-1_zps10bb0b99.png

-Caught a male Loudred on Route 118, named Liam. Going to box him after what happened to Leah, just doesn't feel right.
-Failed to catch a male Aggron on Route 119, I was getting all excited till it used Roar grrr.
-HOLY CRAP THAT WAS CLOSE! I hate Selfdestruct.
023-1_zps94b1f97d.png

-Received a Castform as a reward for driving away Team Aqua from the weather institute, named CrowdHouse (song here). BOXED.
-Failed to catch a stupid Rayquaza on Route 120, wasted like 30 Pokéballs and just gave up.
-Caught a male Delibird on Route 121, named him Santa and he's gonna be BOXED.
-Bruce evolved into Charizard! Finally!
024_zpsc60937ff.png

-Beat Winona, Bruce survived an Aerial Ace from her Altaria (with 3 Dragon Dance's) with 6 HP!
025_zpsbc5ae1ae.png

The Team
026_zpsfde2fd9d.png
027_zpsaa228336.png

028_zps40d70c31.png
029_zpsb295a800.png

030_zpsc985bed0.png
031_zpsf729b445.png

032_zps2c718efb.png
033_zps2a2faafc.png

034_zpsed6af3cf.png
035_zps9ff3cda1.png

Heaven
Heaven-1_zps6e896e72.png

Just a quick little update, took me a good while to grind idk was lacking a little motivation but made sure that I finished at least one Gym so I could update. Happy nobody died but disappointed about missing out on Aggron and Rayquaza, would love to have them both on the team at the expense of Edd my Dodrio.

DelightedTurk

Years
Update #4
-Failed to catch a wild Natu on the sea of Lilycove, it teleported away.
-Caught a female Combusken on Route 122, named her Colonel and boxed, at least for now, already have a Fire type and a Fighting type.
-Failed to catch a wild Barboach in Mt. Pyre.
-Scaled Mt. Pyre but couldn't stop Archie.
-Caught a male Ralts in the Magma Hideout, named him Wally, boxed because of Grumpig's awesomeness.
-Thought I was overlevelled before Maxie but I was par with him.
036_zps8d749f24.png

-Found a Master Ball in Team Aqua's base but Archie got away.
-Found a Ponyta on Route 124 but due to the Duplicate clause I'll catch something else.
-Failed to catch a Chansey on Route 124, broke out of 4 Pokéballs, 11 Great Balls and 12 Ultra Balls.
-Caught a Groudon, yes a GROUDON, on Route 125! YES! Named it Helius after the Greek God of the Sun, only level 28 though and won't be much use against Tate&Liza because of Drought and again against Juan. Boxed for now.
-Found a wild Nincada in Shoal cave, but due to the Duplicate clause I'll catch something else.
-Caught a female Goldeen in Shoal cave, named her A$AP (well ASAP because there was no $). BOXED.
-Caught a male Arcanine on Route 127, named him Paul, due to it being level 8 and the fact that I'll be using one on my "Ones that got away" challenge it shall be boxed.
-Caught a male Chikorita on Route 126, named him Dave.
-Caught a male Dragonite on Route 129, name him Shenron, going straight into the team replacing Edd the Dodrio.
-Caught a male Numel on Route 130, named him Fire King after my Camerupt from my first ever Ruby save. Boxed.
-Caught a Huntail on Route 131, named him Tooth. Boxed.
-Failed to catch a wild Golem on Route 132, had it down to red with Shenron and BAM self-destruct, so glad Shenron didn't die.
-Caught a female Shuckle on Route 133, named Tina. BOXED.
-Failed to catch a wild Rhydon on Route 134.
-Caught a Beldum on Route 108, named it Psycho. Considering using it.
-Failed to catch a Koffing on the Abandoned Ship.
-Caught a female Aipom on Route 107, named her Julie. BOXED.
-Took on Tate&Liza feeling very nervous. Alex, Crowdhouse and Shenron died. I misjudged how fast a Xatu would be and Alex went down to a Psychic. I thought Crowdhouse could take a Psychic, unfortunately not. Shenron died to a ****ing crit I can't describe how angry I am. To be honest I've never been so relieved after a battle, I was sure this would be the end for us. I have a Milotic to replace my Blastoise, I'll use Chikorita/Beldum to replace Castform but I don't know who I should replace Dragonite with. I'm not sure about Groudon because it wouldn't be much of a challenge with a legendary.
037_zps0eb53e5f.png
038_zps4e83d3ab.png
039_zps168d8914.png
040_zps22703d8c.png

The Team
041_zpsd7e2c5f5.png
042_zps6a06a4cc.png

043_zpsa1f98c02.png
044_zps0c861e1f.png

045_zps573d9a97.png
046_zps6e13d541.png

047_zps7852aee8.png
048_zpsac5cedb6.png

049_zps074f459b.png
050_zpse91a8b37.png

051_zps1603081c.png
052_zps0fbe6b88.png

Heaven
Heaven-1_zps544bbcdf.png

Heartbreak. That's what I feel right now. Don't even want to say how annoyed I am. I knew it would happen too. Lost my two best Pokémon for the next Gym as well. So sad. Going to need to do a LOT of grinding, hopefully will get another update done tonight but no promises.

Years
I decided to type as I went along for this update, but put it all in bullet points so it isn't just big chunks of text with a few pictures.
Spoiler:

The Team:
Spoiler:

I decided to only post my Boxed Pokemon and Deceased ones when I finish my runs.

DelightedTurk

Years
Update #5
Spoiler:

The Team
Spoiler:

Heaven
031_zps44b8ced9.png

Spoiler:

Finally done, it was tough and I'm glad it's over. The Elite Four wasn't as tough as I was expecting and Wallace certainly wasn't as tough as Steven in R/S. I may do another nuzlocke in the future as I really enjoy them, however I'm gonna take a break from them for a while as they're quite stressful haha.
018-3_zpsb8171250.png

Years
Username: KeyDrop
Game: Ruby

Doing the mono water run made me want to continue the ruby nuzlocke I started long time a go, so I'm going to continue from where I left it.

Optional rules:
-I must nickname all of my pokémon.
I considered as the first encounter for route 101 and 103 the first one after getting the pokéballs.

I left the game in Dewford town before fighting the second gym.
Those are my pokémon so far:
Spoiler:

Now I have to box 2 of them but it's really hard to decide.

Badges: 1
Deaths: 0

Years
Username: edwardo999
Game: Silver/Crystal (Gonna do two at the same time)
Optional rules:
Nickname all Pokemon. (Both)
No healing outside the use of Pokémon Centres and moves such as Softboiled. (Both)
No using held items. (Both)
Battle Style is changed to SET (Crystal only)

Years
@vaporeon7 I've actually completed both FireRed and Crystal nuzlocke runs and am currently working on my Emerald one.

Emerald Nuzlocke Update:
Spoiler:

I also had yet another stroke of luck and found this little guy:
iT7vexR.png

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay, so I'm not gonna bother with my usual update style for this, because everything kinda went to crap very quickly. I was doing fine until I fought Roark. He scored 3 crits on me and killed both the Pokemon I had actually been raising (Turtwig and Staravia). I wound up just barely managing to beat him with my second lvl 7 Geodude (the other one also died). So now I'm left with very little to work with.

Starter: Turtwig (dead)
Route 201: Starly (dead)
Route 202: Missed
Route 203: Starly (boxed)
Route 204: Missed
Ravaged Path: Zubat (boxed)
Oreburgh Gate: Geodude (dead)
Oreburgh Mine: Geodude

Goldenhand

Hatched Egg
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Username: Goldenhand
Game: Platinum

Optional Rules:
  • Must nickname all pokemon.
  • No duplicates.
  • My starter will be based on the last digit of my Trainer ID - 1-3 for fire; 4-6 for water; 7-9 for grass; and 0 is my choice.
  • Can only heal at a Pokemon Center twice per town.
  • No held items.
  • At each new town, I can only buy 3 potions(whichever type I've unlocked up to that point.) and 3 full heals. Any items I find can be used (aside from held items, of course). I can buy as many and whatever kind of pokeballs as I wish.
  • I must hunt down and kill all legendaries(no catching or using).(The legendaries include: Girantina, Dialga, Palkia, Azelf, Uxie, and Heatran. None of the roaming legendaries are included.)

Years
I'm taking out the Nickname rule. Too much effort when I'm doing more than 1 challenge.

Pokémon Silver Update:
Spoiler:

Years
Nam: Matze
Games: Firered, Soulsilver, Emerald, Platinum, White, White 2, Bloody Platinum, Volt White
This will be a very very long story
I will definitly cry and I hope I won't give up

Optional Rules:
Starter is based on the last ID number: 1,4,7 grass;2,5,8 fire;3,6,9 water;0 i choose
No legendaries
No duplicates (when i see the first wild poke and it is a copy i have bad luck)

Will upload about 6 pictures every day

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I lost. Yeah, Brawly just completely wiped me out. So, yeah. Take me off, please! I may sign up for more Nuzlockes in the future, but I'm done for now. Bye!

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
White Update #2

Badges: 5

-Burgh was no issue
-Even though we lost a couple team members, we got some great ones as well that hopefully will stick around for a while
-Everything went relatively fine up to and including the Nimbasa gym
-Threw my Eviolite on Melisandre and taught her Dig, after which she proceeded to single-handedly take down the gym (with the help of some Lemonades, but I digress), including Elena, gaining four levels in the process.
-Did our first trade in Driftveil, saying goodbye to Jerry and help to Blueeye :D
-Did Cold Storage, then Blueeye proceeded to utterly demolish Clays entire Gym

Catch List:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

The Team:
507.gif

Wilfred the Sassy Herdier ♂, Lv. 30 @ Exp. Share
Ability: Sand Rush
-Work Up
-Return
-Take Down
-Crunch

554.gif

Melisandre the Careful Darumaka ♀, Lv. 30
Ability: Hustle
-Fire Punch
-Work Up
-Facade
-Dig

550-blue.gif

Blueeye the Adamant Basculin ♂, Lv. 33 @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
-Aqua Jet
-Aqua Tail
-Take Down
-Crunch

HM Slaves:
Margaery the Patrat: Cut

Years
Part 2:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
@Matzeho1996 I like your choice of emulator, but could you look into scaling down the size of your screenshots? They are enormous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back