• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What did you use your Master Ball on?

Years
The Master Ball - The rarest Pokeball introduced in R/B/Y. It allows you to catch any Pokemon without fail, catch is, there's only one found per game.

What did you use it on? A legendary Pokemon? or maybe just a common one?

Last edited:

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Mewtwo every time.
You can catch the legendary birds with Ultras easy enough.... you can catch Mewtwo like that as well but it just makes sense to use the MB on him... for me it did anyway.

Years
Mewtwo lol yeah. The birds were tough, but I always went in with at least 40-50 Ultras and reset if I couldn't get them with any of those. Mewtwo was the end game mon so it only felt right to use my master on it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
I used it on one of the legendary birds, I was young when I played these games and didn't know there would be a stronger pokemon after you beat the elite 4

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Now, I'd almost always use it on Mewtwo, or never use it. When I was a kid though... well ahh I can distinctively remember using it on a Ponyta.... :(

Years
Tangela, since between being a kid and English not being my native language, I'd not realised there'd only be one Master Ball in the game- I assumed in the same way you first found Great and Ultra Balls in the wild and so on before they became available to buy, there'd be purchasable Master Balls on the shops eventually.

Years
Yeah, it seems nearly everyone went for Mewtwo haha. I myself use it for Mewtwo now, but on my 1st run of the game some years back, I used it on an Articuno as I didn't know Mewtwo existed. It was a pretty big struggle to catch it in an Ultra Ball without status effects. (I was a kid at the time.)

Back