• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Moemon - Ultra Violet Patching Help

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 27, 2017
I have patched both Moemon - Revival Project and Pokemon - Ultra Violet onto my Fire Red ROM.
And yes, in that order because the other way around causes the game to freeze at the name input, or crash at the rival battle, if you get past that with savestates.
Now the game is still not functioning properly. Almost all bugs are connected to the new content.

All new text is somewhat buggy, the Rhyhorn - or was it Rhydon - sprite is just a black silhouette, the legendary overworld sprites on the new island are a buggy mess and trying to start an encounter with them crashes/resets the game. The same happens with certain wild Pokemon encounters on the new island. Shroomish is one example.

Now I am looking for a way to fix those problems/Patch it in a way that does not cause those problems.

And yes, I know that there was a threat like this before but not only am I trying to find a solution that is easier/faster than manually extracting the sprites from Moemon and putting them in Ultra Violet but the tools that the threat pointed to are gone now, as in all its DL links are dead.

Also, I tried the Fire Red IPS from the "The Other Moemon Ports (All Gen 3 Games+Sigma Emerald+PokeMMO Mod!)" threat on the PokeMMO forum but that is unplayable no matter how you patch it. Though I do like the Sprites more.

Back