• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
I've searched these and nothing helped me out.. I don't know what to search... I SEARCHED ALL OF THESE...

1. How do you execute a certain script within radius of the NPC?
example: You come down a ladder, you walk to the right 1 cell, there's an NPC there who says "Hello," and other stuff to you, but he's 9 cells away. How do you execute it from that far away? Sorta like the trainer-radius thingie.
what I've tried: setting the radius in Advance Map; searching

2. Execute a script made in XSE on a "Script event" on Advance Map
example: You leave a house, then there's a Script Event when you have 2 cells to the right. After standing on the script event, it says like "You cannot go here" etc.
what I've tried: simply putting an offset that worked with an NPC onto the Script Event (It just says hello, works with an NPC but not when on the script)

3. Warping an NPC
example: You go down and see an enemy. the enemy warps away, kinda like the "warpteleport" for the NPC.
what I've tried: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO EVEN START THIS....

4. How do you make an NPC seeable/unseeable only once you've ran a script?
example: You talk to prof. oak, you walk outside and this guy who has previously been blocking the path has now stopped, or vice versa.
what I've tried: I think I found the script for this before, then I lost it then never ever saw it again

5. How do you do specials/turning..
Examples:
SPECIALS: When the "!, ? !!" or "X" pops up.
TURNING: Turn the NPC to face upwards, downwards, left, or to the right without moving, in place.
what I've tried: #raw (whatever the special thingie is)

I really need help with this, to my case there are NO guides that explains any of these...

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2009
152+ won't evolve in FR

I'm using Advanced map to put 152+ pokemon (totodile, mudkip, misdraevus, etc) into my Fire Red game. I thought I'd test it a bit before I started modding my game, so I used Pokemon Amplifier to mod these 152+ pokemon to evolve at lvl 4 or 5.
I went to route 1, caught a totodile, and then leveled it to 4. It went to the evolution screen, but then the evolution cancelled and the text box ended with "...?"

What's the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I searched and found out that evidently I have to enable a national pokedex (I searched the site and got nothing, but when I searched the thread I found lots. Why in the world doesn't searching the website also search threads? Dumb...)
Anyways, doing another search for how to get a national pokedex isn't giving me much. Can anybody give me some pointers, some links maybe?

EDIT 2: More searching has turned up this:
For fire red, it's setflag 0x829.
If you want the national dex, do this:
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

OK so... I'm new to this. What does that mean, where do I put it, and what program do I use?

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I'm using Advanced map to put 152+ pokemon (totodile, mudkip, misdraevus, etc) into my Fire Red game. I thought I'd test it a bit before I started modding my game, so I used Pokemon Amplifier to mod these 152+ pokemon to evolve at lvl 4 or 5.
I went to route 1, caught a totodile, and then leveled it to 4. It went to the evolution screen, but then the evolution cancelled and the text box ended with "...?"

What's the problem here, and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I searched and found out that evidently I have to enable a national pokedex (I searched the site and got nothing, but when I searched the thread I found lots. Why in the world doesn't searching the website also search threads? Dumb...)
Anyways, doing another search for how to get a national pokedex isn't giving me much. Can anybody give me some pointers, some links maybe?

EDIT 2: More searching has turned up this:
For fire red, it's setflag 0x829.
If you want the national dex, do this:
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F

OK so... I'm new to this. What does that mean, where do I put it, and what program do I use?
For EDIT 2, you have to make a script and then compile it in XSE. Those are called scripting. Diegoisawesome's tutorial should be able to help you.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2009
Thanks for the help and (sorry for the stupid question but...) where can I get XSE? I've searched for it and it seems like it's the one mod I can't find a download link for, and yet everybody seems to have it or mention it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
You have to use specials for badges. I can't really make out the difference between additem and giveitem.
And, all this shows you in the file std.rbh that came out with your XSE.

Ah, I didn't notice those files.. Thanks a lot :D

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I've searched these and nothing helped me out.. I don't know what to search... I SEARCHED ALL OF THESE...

1. How do you execute a certain script within radius of the NPC?
example: You come down a ladder, you walk to the right 1 cell, there's an NPC there who says "Hello," and other stuff to you, but he's 9 cells away. How do you execute it from that far away? Sorta like the trainer-radius thingie.
what I've tried: setting the radius in Advance Map; searching

2. Execute a script made in XSE on a "Script event" on Advance Map
example: You leave a house, then there's a Script Event when you have 2 cells to the right. After standing on the script event, it says like "You cannot go here" etc.
what I've tried: simply putting an offset that worked with an NPC onto the Script Event (It just says hello, works with an NPC but not when on the script)

3. Warping an NPC
example: You go down and see an enemy. the enemy warps away, kinda like the "warpteleport" for the NPC.
what I've tried: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO EVEN START THIS....

4. How do you make an NPC seeable/unseeable only once you've ran a script?
example: You talk to prof. oak, you walk outside and this guy who has previously been blocking the path has now stopped, or vice versa.
what I've tried: I think I found the script for this before, then I lost it then never ever saw it again

5. How do you do specials/turning..
Examples:
SPECIALS: When the "!, ? !!" or "X" pops up.
TURNING: Turn the NPC to face upwards, downwards, left, or to the right without moving, in place.
what I've tried: #raw (whatever the special thingie is)

I really need help with this, to my case there are NO guides that explains any of these...
Here's the answer in a spoiler :P.
Spoiler:

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
What do these values mean for the trainerbattle script?

trainerbattle 0x0 0xB2 0x0 0x8781A60 0x8781AB2

What does 0x0 mean?
0xB2?
0x8781A60? etc.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
What do these values mean for the trainerbattle script?

trainerbattle 0x0 0xB2 0x0 0x8781A60 0x8781AB2

What does 0x0 mean?
0xB2?
0x8781A60? etc.

The first is the type of the battle, the second is the battle number and the last two pointers are for the text, the one before the battle and the defeat text.

There's a lot of tutorials explaining the trainerbattle command, and you can even see what the parameters are in script editors such as XSE.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Alright my question is, when I change the backsprite and everything it works perfectly, except for the last sprite going back to the old back sprite, how do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
Here's the answer in a spoiler :P.

THANKS!! All worked as planned, but gave me one more question...

1. How do you make an NPC move on a Script Tile/Event? I tested the script on a regular person, and they moved, but they didn't move at all (but executed the other scripts) when I set the script on a Script Tile/Event

Script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
msgbox @heyYou 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @surprise
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x04 @walkTowardsYou
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @heyYou
= \c\h01\h04???: HEY YOU!!!
#org @surprise
#raw 0x62 0x01 0xFE
#org @walkTowardsYou
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x11 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x13 0x10 0xFE

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
In this thread of "[READ] Frequently Asked Questions" (I'm sorry, it won't let me post URLs...) it was said:
3. It is near-impossible to use ALL the pokemon in any hack. Why? Because the game only has 25 (98 with the advance versions if you know what you're doing) free slots to add more pokemon. More slots require engine-hacking.
I'm aware of the 25 slots before the generation III pokemon begin, but what/where are the others it is talking about?

Also, has any knowledge been collected on how to modify and/or add natures?

Years
I need some help here, IS There a Way to Edit the Pokemon Types, now, let me say this clearly, NOT the types of Pokemon, the Types THEMSELVES, like Change Dark-Type from being immune to Psychic. If there is a way, Some help would be appreciated.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
So you can't save them for your own hack?

You can rip them from the ROM if that's what you mean.
Just go to the block editor and click on picture -> save tileset (1 for the first one used in the map, 2 for the second). Then save it and you have your tileset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back