• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

How do I REMOVE Pokemon from the pokedex (so there are only #1-151) and so that when you catch all of them (only the 151) you can get your diploma?

Also I would like to add a bonus Pokemon (Missingno.) that you do not have to catch to receive the diploma.
Just don't let people catch the others :D
You don't need to remove any Pokémon =D
As for Missingno... I'd advise you to replace one pokémon with Missigno, it's not cool to catch real Missingno :D

When I look through the list of sprites in unLZ, the sprites are listed in National Dex order, with each pokemon having 2 sprites in a row. The first is the front sprite (the one you see when fighting the pokemon), and the second being the back sprite. The front sprites are normal, but the back sprites are in shiny coloration. What's up with that? If I insert 4th/5th gen sprites, should I insert Shiny backsprites? My guess is that the game automatically imports the shiny coloration from the backsprite when appropriate and vice-versa. Is this correct?
Yes, you are absolutely right =)
It goes like this:
1) You insert shiny backsprite.
This means you allow player to catch shiny pokemon
2) You insert normal backsprite. (with no shiny coloration)
This means that even a "shiny" pokémon will have normal coloration, but stars will show up anyways :D

And, I wanted to know if there is any way to import the Battle Animations from 5th gen. The Spriter's Resource has the sprites for the animations, but I don't know if there is any way to make these happen in a FireRed hack.
I think it's possible, but I'm not good with graphic parts of hack so someone else should confirm it =)

HELP!!! I started modifying a FireRed rom for my game, and the grass won't start a wild battle, even after getting a Pokedex and the Pokemon menu activated. Why won't it activate? Is my rom...broken? :{
Oh o.O This is weird o.O I did not encounter this so I could guess that it really is broken...

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi I know this will probably sound stupid as I'm about to ask the opposite of what most pokedex related questions are but since I can't figure it out and there seem to be no posts on it I'll still ask it:

How do I REMOVE Pokemon from the pokedex (so there are only #1-151) and so that when you catch all of them (only the 151) you can get your diploma?

Also I would like to add a bonus Pokemon (Missingno.) that you do not have to catch to receive the diploma.

The rom I am attempting to hack is Pokemon FireRed US (CoolROM)

This would be greatly appreciated^^ (if you can help me of course)

Thanks in advance (map ;P)

Pokeshadow13

It is extremely easy to restict you game to the first 151 Pokemon - Just don't give the player the National Dex. There hasn't been a whole lot of Pokedex hacking (apart from this thread) as it requires heavy use of ASM.

As for showing the diploma, you only need to look at the original script from the game to get an idea of how it works.

Code:
special2 LASTRESULT 0x14F
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x816C412

#org 0x16C418
preparemsg 0x81963CD '"Wow! Excellent!\nYou completed you..."
waitmsg
pause 0x3C
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
special 0x108

Special2 0x14F appears to check if you have caught enough Pokemon to be awarded the diploma, while special 0x108 actually displays it (0x187 is an error checker). Unfortunately, based on this script you can't specifiy that you only need 151 Pokemon so you'll need to find a work around for that.

Hey guys, I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to anywhere on the forums, but I figure I should ask them one at a time so....

First off: I am getting ready to try adding 5th gen sprites to a FireRed hack, and I needed to know a couple things.

When I look through the list of sprites in unLZ, the sprites are listed in National Dex order, with each pokemon having 2 sprites in a row. The first is the front sprite (the one you see when fighting the pokemon), and the second being the back sprite. The front sprites are normal, but the back sprites are in shiny coloration. What's up with that? If I insert 4th/5th gen sprites, should I insert Shiny backsprites? My guess is that the game automatically imports the shiny coloration from the backsprite when appropriate and vice-versa. Is this correct?

And, I wanted to know if there is any way to import the Battle Animations from 5th gen. The Spriter's Resource has the sprites for the animations, but I don't know if there is any way to make these happen in a FireRed hack.

You're right about the regular and shiny palletes being on the front and back sprites respectively, so when inserting new Pokemon they should always have that sort of colouring.

This thread should show you how to insert a second battle animation in FR.

EDIT: Beaten by 10 minutes ;_;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Thanks a lot for the quick response guys! :D

Other question: Is there a thread on inserting 4th/5th gen Trainer OW sprites into a FireRed hack? I'd like to use the BW male sprite, but I'm not sure if it's possible since the DS Trainer sprites essentially take up 2 tiles.

I'm guessing the easier solution would be to try and resize the sprite so it fits into 1 tile. Is there any way to make a trainer's sprite take up the 2 tiles with the head overlapping background tiles like in DS games?

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
redriders180, it is possible that you either have no pokemon in the game for that map, or you turned the chance ratio down to zero, or a very low number that you would never find pokemon. It also may be that the grass tile you are using has been changed, in A-map, load the tiles in the tile editor, and make sure the tiles has (grass animation/pokemon) in the box for the behaviour byte.

Also, it has been four days since I posted my question, so I'll just post again.
How do you edit the little pikachu icon in the top-right corner of the intro in firered? Or is it just a series of numbers found in UNLZ-GBA?

Thanks in advanced
~MayanMan

Thanks in advance
~MayanMan

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do you edit the little pikachu icon in the top-right corner of the intro in firered? Or is it just a series of numbers found in UNLZ-GBA?

Thanks in advanced
~MayanMan

I found it at 345 in UNlz on an untouched FR ROM.

Years
hey guys, I have one (relatively big) question...

Is it possible to stick pokemon contests and the battle frontier/battle tent things into a Fire Red rom without needing to do advanced hex editing (eg. copying portions of the scripts from Emerald or something)?

I'm just a beginner, so any help will be deeply appreciated :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
hey guys, I have one (relatively big) question...

Is it possible to stick pokemon contests and the battle frontier/battle tent things into a Fire Red rom without needing to do advanced hex editing (eg. copying portions of the scripts from Emerald or something)?

I'm just a beginner, so any help will be deeply appreciated :D

As I stated in a post on the last page, the specials in R/S/E are very different to those in FR and any attempts simulate contests by directly copying scripts would be impossible. You would need to change the special commands in FR through ASM (which is extremely difficult and complicated) and bring over the entire contest routine while making changes depending on FR's differences to R/S/E - These will be impossible for any hacker who doesn't have a good knowledge of programming.

I'm afraid to say that without outside help or learning ASM, you won't be able to port over contests.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
redriders180, it is possible that you either have no pokemon in the game for that map, or you turned the chance ratio down to zero, or a very low number that you would never find pokemon. It also may be that the grass tile you are using has been changed, in A-map, load the tiles in the tile editor, and make sure the tiles has (grass animation/pokemon) in the box for the behaviour byte.

Also, it has been four days since I posted my question, so I'll just post again.

Thanks in advance
~MayanMan

Interesting...I do have Pokemon Data for the route, and I cranked the encounter rate up to 255 just to be safe, but the only thing that appears is wild Furret, which have a 2% chance of appearance. Sentret, Rattata, Vulpix, Pidgey and Pikachu (all of which have higher chances of appearing) wont appear at all. Why would this be? Is it because of the wild Pokemon in question, or is there some flag or variable i used that causes grass to be rendered useless? I'm using Firered, btw, so maybe of the way you only encounter Kanto pokemon until you get the national dex?

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
Thanks Dr. Fuji!

Redriders180, that really is weird. I've hacked for a while, and as far as I know, you can stick in any single pokemon in any single route (except missingno, but that doesn't matter). Also, I don't understand how a single pokemon can only have a 2% chance of appearing - seeing as how the maximum number of pokemon there can be in an area is twelve, the rarest a pokemon can be in the wild is 8.3(repeating). The bar at the top does not change for every pokemon, if that's what you're saying. If on furret you make it 2%, then all the pokemon would appear 2% of the time, and then it would be divided by their chances of being encountered.

Also, this might start to clutter the simple questions, so try to pm me and I'll try to add visual aids

~MayanMan

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Interesting...I do have Pokemon Data for the route, and I cranked the encounter rate up to 255 just to be safe, but the only thing that appears is wild Furret, which have a 2% chance of appearance. Sentret, Rattata, Vulpix, Pidgey and Pikachu (all of which have higher chances of appearing) wont appear at all. Why would this be? Is it because of the wild Pokemon in question, or is there some flag or variable i used that causes grass to be rendered useless? I'm using Firered, btw, so maybe of the way you only encounter Kanto pokemon until you get the national dex?

Depends greatly on the order you put the pokemon in in A-Map, the pokemon at the TOP of the list will be more common, and the pokemon nearest the bottom will be much rarer indeed.
encounter rate just fiddles with how often you actually run into a pokemon.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I'm officially stumped with this weird border error. This is how the border is now:
Spoiler:

But then I move to the next route and it shifts into
Spoiler:

Then once I move back, the same spot turns into:
Spoiler:

Also, the parts that are messed up aren't even mapped, they are part of the border. What is this, I don't even...

Last edited:
Years
As I stated in a post on the last page, the specials in R/S/E are very different to those in FR and any attempts simulate contests by directly copying scripts would be impossible. You would need to change the special commands in FR through ASM (which is extremely difficult and complicated) and bring over the entire contest routine while making changes depending on FR's differences to R/S/E - These will be impossible for any hacker who doesn't have a good knowledge of programming.

I'm afraid to say that without outside help or learning ASM, you won't be able to port over contests.

Thanks! I guess I'll stick to finding a way to make my non existent art skills appear then...

uwthecactus

a cactus
Years
Pokemon firered ROM hack starter pokemon problems

Hi, I'm a hobby hacker. Sorry for the excessive title but I couldn't think of another way to express my problem in short terms. So here is my issue: I'm doing a firered hack, but I seem to be uncapable of making [RIVAL] stick with whatever starter I force him to choose (I chose a Eevee anyhow). Like I made all 3 pokeballs yield Eevee for him, but when I reached Cerulean City and fought him, he had a Bulbasaur instead of his Eevee, and I've haven't found any threads consurning this issue, so any help would be much appreciated.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Hi, I'm a hobby hacker. Sorry for the excessive title but I couldn't think of another way to express my problem in short terms. So here is my issue: I'm doing a firered hack, but I seem to be uncapable of making [RIVAL] stick with whatever starter I force him to choose (I chose a Eevee anyhow). Like I made all 3 pokeballs yield Eevee for him, but when I reached Cerulean City and fought him, he had a Bulbasaur instead of his Eevee, and I've haven't found any threads consurning this issue, so any help would be much appreciated.

You may have made his starter Eevee, however you didn't change his "trainers". Like, every time you fight him, he uses a different "trainer" to store his Pokemon (which is why his Pokemon always change, he changes too). The easy way to edit this is to go into A-Trainer (by HackMew) and manually change all of his trainers. You can tell that they're him when you scroll over a person called Terry and it has his picture. Then edit his starter to Eevee. Hope that explains it all.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I'm officially stumped with this weird border error. This is how the border is now:
Spoiler:

But then I move to the next route and it shifts into
Spoiler:

Then once I move back, the same spot turns into:
Spoiler:

Also, the parts that are messed up aren't even mapped, they are part of the border. What is this, I don't even...

for me its seems the border problem its because you didnt do the border right in a map 1.92 you can make this right but still it will happen like thise if you walk beetween the routes so use amap 1.95 if you arent using it and go to the connection tab in it(the one who shows the map and scroll the map on both the route and thw town for example to the right places so they fit and try it again.....
sorry for my very bad english i hope i could help coz for me this worked

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
hello again!
I'm no pro, but wouldn't you just need to know the special item number for it and create a give item script? XSE has a feature to make code for you based on specific function's, it might have a give item script. If you need XSE 1.1.1 i can PM you the Link.

Edit: sorry its PKSVUI that has the generator. Here is a give item script. I chose no item because it did not have the running shoes and to give 1 item.

My question before was how to activate the running shoes earlier on in Fire Red.

This didnt work as I have discovered the running shoes are not classified as an item. Supposedly all your meant to do is set the flag for the running shoes which is 0x82F .
But, when I set this flag.. nothing happens.

So, can someone please tell me how to acquire and activate the running shoes through a script?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Ok, it's been a while since I posted my question, and I think I could have worded it better anyway.

I've been looking into importing Trainer OW sprites from Black/White to a FireRed hack, but it's not easy. The sprites are taller and wider than FireRed OW sprites. Is there a tutorial on this perhaps? All the ones I've found are for changing Pokemon in-battle sprites. If not, would anyone know if it's even possible to import sprites from Black/White or Diamond/Pearl? Thanks!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
hello again!

My question before was how to activate the running shoes earlier on in Fire Red.

This didnt work as I have discovered the running shoes are not classified as an item. Supposedly all your meant to do is set the flag for the running shoes which is 0x82F .
But, when I set this flag.. nothing happens.

So, can someone please tell me how to acquire and activate the running shoes through a script?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You just need to simply activate/set the flag.

Code:
setflag 0x82F

If it doesn't work, then you should post your script and ask for help in the Script Help Thread.

Ok, it's been a while since I posted my question, and I think I could have worded it better anyway.

I've been looking into importing Trainer OW sprites from Black/White to a FireRed hack, but it's not easy. The sprites are taller and wider than FireRed OW sprites. Is there a tutorial on this perhaps? All the ones I've found are for changing Pokemon in-battle sprites. If not, would anyone know if it's even possible to import sprites from Black/White or Diamond/Pearl? Thanks!

You need to resize the OW.
PokePal17 has a tutorial on how to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back