• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pokémon Origins is not precisely an anime season—it's just a four-part anime special. The plot is very similar to first-generation Pokémon games (Red, Blue, and Green), and features Red as the main hero, Blue as the rival, and with Giovanni and Team Rocket being the antagonists. This seems to be very interesting to me, so I'll definitely make sure not to miss it when it airs. :) I'm not exactly sure if they'll making any more specials based on other Pokémon games, but it would be great if they do! If fans demand for more of this, then I'm sure they'll make it happen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I am legit excited about the anime series. I watched the first episode already and hnng it was so great I really hope this series stays as amazing as the first episode and doesn't teeter off after the beginning. Ash's first battle in Kalos was so intense and like yeah!! As for Origins I haven't seen it maybe some day.

Also I'm playing X and actually bothering with the Pokedex what is this nonsense.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Pokémon Origins was pretty cool. I watched it all in one go and some things disappointed me and other things were just like we always wished that the "real" anime was like. I like the concepts presented in this special better than most things about Ash's world, haha.

Hm, what made that first Kalos episode so great then? Is the animation better, is Ash better, are the battles better?

Well, in Kalos there are so many pokémon so it might actually be a fun challenge to try and complete the pokédex! Or?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Pokemon Crossword

Has anyone thought about making a Pokemon crossword yet? I thought it would be a good time to do so now that more Pokemon have been revealed. I thought of one crossword, and put it up for download if you wanna give it a shot. This downloadable puzzle is based all on Pokemon, and I realize that I could've made it more interesting by adding Pokemon moves, items, etc. I may do that on another puzzle if this idea is interesting enough.

I had to do it cryptically rather than American, otherwise I'd be getting headaches trying to sort every letter out. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this quick puzzle!

Years
Spoilered my answers in case anyone else would still like to give it a try:

Spoiler:

That was a fun little crossword! I don't know if it quite needs it own thread though, but I'll move it over to the DCC so that other people can give it a go. Maybe if we had a Pokemon puzzles thread it could go back, but that might be infringing on Pokemon Trivia's territory. Either way, if you do make more, I'd love to give them a try!

MERGED.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
A Pokemon Crossword was one of the PokeTrivia League's first puzzles. There hasn't been another one since as I'm trying to get as many puzzle varieties in as possible before repeating any. Just tossing that in here for any sort of clarification!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Man, does anyone think Nintendo will ever plan to market an official capture card for their 3DS? They would make serious bucks ._. If people are willing to pay 250-500$ for a modded one, thousands more will buy it for cheaper, I know my friends and I would.

Doing a let's play with just a cam is so restricted :( and I lose potential viewers doing so

Years
Nintendo is more focused on games and their audience so I doubt they would go any further than little accessories for the consoles. It's out of their comfort zone but I still think it's a possibility if the appeal from LPers was noticeable.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
Eh, well that's a good point, but I'm pretty sure there's lots of LPers wanting to showcase their gameplay but are just afraid to because of potential viewers leaving if it isn't recorded on a card.

Oh well, more saving up to do then haha. For now, recording with a cam is working fine for me I guess.

CBBXD

CBBXD
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Pikachu Angry Bird Sticker thing?

Hmm I was at a mall with one of those sticker machines heres what I got:

Years
That's definitely an interesting hybrid that they've put together. Hopefully you like it!

Since this isn't much of a thread by itself though, I'm going to move this over to the Pokemon General DCC thread.

MERGED.

CBBXD

CBBXD
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Hahaha, what is that I don't even

Is it a mix of Angry Birds and pokémon? Pretty funny.

Its something called "Crazy Birds". Basically they guess what kids like these days and put them on angry birds then on stickers. I swera to god there was an Ash one. Maybe next time Ill take a photo of it.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
I'm replaying my Platinum game and I found a youngster north of Jubilife City who says "I'll beat you with the MAGIKARP my dad gave me!" Something tells me his dad doesn't like him.

Years
I just started creating my first "competitive" pokémon team.

The problem is that some moves I need can only be taught by a move tutor in Black or White 2.

I got the games but not two DS's or know someone who has one.

This smucks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Its something called "Crazy Birds". Basically they guess what kids like these days and put them on angry birds then on stickers. I swera to god there was an Ash one. Maybe next time Ill take a photo of it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
I'm wondering if they really have the rights to do that xD

I'm replaying my Platinum game and I found a youngster north of Jubilife City who says "I'll beat you with the MAGIKARP my dad gave me!" Something tells me his dad doesn't like him.
Maybe his dad saw him as a Magikarp, weak and pathetic now but able to reach its full potential as a massive Gyarados if training properly?

I just started creating my first "competitive" pokémon team.

The problem is that some moves I need can only be taught by a move tutor in Black or White 2.

I got the games but not two DS's or know someone who has one.

This smucks!
Maybe you can try trading with someone from PokéCommunity over Wifi?

I did the unthinkable, released my Pichu with the Everstone. That suxks.
Did you really want the Pichu, or really want the Everstone?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
He probably means the special event Pichu (spiky-eared, I think) which you get in HGSS holding the Everstone. Just a wild hunch.
That makes more sense xD I'd be rather disappointed with myself too if I had released an event pokémon. Luckily (?) I've never participated in such an event at all.

Years
Maybe his dad saw him as a Magikarp, weak and pathetic now but able to reach its full potential as a massive Gyarados if training properly?
At least that kid had two Pokemon back in Diamond/Pearl (I believe the other was a Starly). In Platinum though, he's just got the level 8 Magikarp, which only knows Splash. If it knew Tackle at least it wouldn't be so bad, but now I think his dad's just giving him tough love, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back