The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
Help Thread Patching & Emulation

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Old June 3rd, 2018 (6:28 PM). Edited June 3rd, 2018 by MortalPhoenix.

Nature: Serious
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
    If the game still boots up, you don't need to. But if it won't read your save file anymore... even after you've put everything back where it should be, you have no option but to just start a new game.
    There are only 3 files within the folder: The Game itself, the rtc., and the sav.

However, it appears there is nothing I can do. All that happens is another sav. file is created when I boot up the game.

Edit: Question, if I used Recovery Mode, could that fix the issue?
    Old June 3rd, 2018 (7:05 PM).
    Banned

Nature: Hasty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MortalPhoenix View Post
    There are only 3 files within the folder: The Game itself, the rtc., and the sav.

However, it appears there is nothing I can do. All that happens is another sav. file is created when I boot up the game.

Edit: Question, if I used Recovery Mode, could that fix the issue?
    Like a system restore to before it happened?
    I doubt that'll work but you could try it. Just be glad it was gen 2, a restart isn't that big of a deal.
    Old June 3rd, 2018 (7:45 PM).

Nature: Serious
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
      Like a system restore to before it happened?
      I doubt that'll work but you could try it. Just be glad it was gen 2, a restart isn't that big of a deal.
      Nah, it didn't. Yeah, I just hate having to start over a game that I invested my time into as is. But thanks for your help anyway.
      Old June 19th, 2018 (12:55 PM).

Quick question;
        So, I am using Visual boy advance to emulate a pokemon ROM hack, and I forgot to change the save file type to 128k and all that, so that loading from the start menu doesn't work after beating the elite four...
        Is there any way, whatsoever, to fix this and revive my game file so I can start playing? Or do I have no shot?
        I still have save files both from before battling the elite four champion and during the actual credits (not using the in-game save feature, but rather the VBA's save feature), so I still have my data, I just can't continue as it restarts my game.
        So, is there any chance of fixing this, or will I have to restart or keep playing without beating the elite four?
        Old July 7th, 2018 (1:18 PM).

How do I set my VisualBoyAdvance emulator to save using .sav files instead of .sa1 files? I'm trying to use PKHex to edit my Pokemon for various reasons and I don't know if PKHex is compatible with .sa1 files.

Not sure if this is a save file issue or a PKHex/PokeGen issue. Please help. Couldn't find any PKHex/PokeGen tutorials for VBA or other GBA emulators.
          Old July 10th, 2018 (7:43 AM).
          Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Hi all,

Been ages since i was last on this site and not sure on how to post a new thread. Apologies if this is misplaced.

Anyways, I'm taking a look at a project I started over 10 years ago. Found that almost a quarter of the beta is almost done. Wanted to see if anyone here is interested to test the alpha of the game.

The game is basically a remake of Kanto and features new maps and story lines. Also has a few other regions slated to be in it. Feel free to DM me or reply here if interested. Thank you
            Old July 31st, 2018 (6:42 AM). Edited July 31st, 2018 by Chronosplit.
            I play for keeps!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Terashi View Post
              How do I set my VisualBoyAdvance emulator to save using .sav files instead of .sa1 files? I'm trying to use PKHex to edit my Pokemon for various reasons and I don't know if PKHex is compatible with .sa1 files.

Not sure if this is a save file issue or a PKHex/PokeGen issue. Please help. Couldn't find any PKHex/PokeGen tutorials for VBA or other GBA emulators.
              This is late but rename it to .sav, and all of those issues should be gone. Except for your emulator anyway... I remember VBA Link being stubborn about that format.

You should probably also consider updating your emulator, meaning you don't have to deal with .sa1 ever again (judging by this thread people don't hear that a lot, but we do have much better now). Refer to Question #1 here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=412126

Quick Reply