The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
TM Case palette

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:50 AM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Funny Valentine.
I have taken the first napkin!

Nature: Modest
    I added successfully the Fairy type into Fire Red, everything looks good except for the TM Case palette. If I assign a Fairy typed move to a TM, this is what appears https://imgur.com/a/Ql8BKPm
    I see that every type has an assigned sprite that gets loaded automatically when a move of that type gets assigned to a TM, so I'm wondering. Is there a way to add a new one for a new type (and possibly edit some old ones)? Thanks in advance.
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:35 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Funny Valentine View Post
      I see that every type has an assigned palette that gets loaded automatically when a move of that type gets assigned to a TM, so I'm wondering. Is there a way to add a new one for a new type (and possibly edit some old ones)?
      Actually, every type shares the same palette. You can edit it with APE, and it's at offset E95DBC. Be aware that if you change the colors for fairy other type icons will be affected too.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:51 AM).
      I have taken the first napkin!

Nature: Modest
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by hjk321 View Post
        Actually, every type shares the same palette. You can edit it with APE, and it's at offset E95DBC. Be aware that if you change the colors for fairy other type icons will be affected too.
        Whoops, I meant new sprite (the disc one) -__- I don’t even need to change the palette since I gave Fairy a combination of pre-existing colors... Sorry for the misunderstanding
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:43 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Funny Valentine View Post
          Whoops, I meant new sprite (the disc one) -__- I don’t even need to change the palette since I gave Fairy a combination of pre-existing colors... Sorry for the misunderstanding
          In that case you could figure out the pallete for the disc by going into pallette viewer on Visual Boy Advance find the loaded pallete and and go from there...

Quick Reply