ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 15th, 2018 (9:29 AM).
Kairyla Kairyla is offline
     
    Join Date: Mar 2018
    Posts: 22
    Hello Guys, can someone tell me how I can remove the Nidoran and
    the Pokèball animation from Oak's intro?
    If i can do that with UnLz-GBA can someone tell me the numbers?
    Thank you very much !
    Reply With Quote
      #2    
    Old September 15th, 2018 (6:28 PM). Edited September 15th, 2018 by BirdstarCat13.
    BirdstarCat13's Avatar
    BirdstarCat13 BirdstarCat13 is offline
    Furret-loving Iskallian
       
      Join Date: Nov 2017
      Location: RenSkall island
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 448
      You can't remove an animation by changing some sprites. That's literally not how images work, and those "numbers" are called Offsets -_-
      __________________
      -------------------------
      I hate signatures that are just a line of text without any clear division. You weirdos know who you are ;)
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old September 15th, 2018 (10:08 PM).
      Ace Trainer Slash's Avatar
      Ace Trainer Slash Ace Trainer Slash is offline
      Rookie ROM Hacker, HUGE Pokemon Fan :D
         
        Join Date: Jun 2018
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 107
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
        You can't remove an animation by changing some sprites. That's literally not how images work, and those "numbers" are called Offsets -_-
        What I did once was use an empty Pokemon slot, made the whole sprite a singular colour for transparency, and what is left is the animation and the cry (the cry can be edited). That's as far I'm pretty sure that you can go with 'removing' the introduction Nidoran.
        __________________
        I run Dedenne, and I don't regret it one bit!
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old September 16th, 2018 (7:20 AM).
        BirdstarCat13's Avatar
        BirdstarCat13 BirdstarCat13 is offline
        Furret-loving Iskallian
           
          Join Date: Nov 2017
          Location: RenSkall island
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 448
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ace Trainer Slash View Post
          What I did once was use an empty Pokemon slot, made the whole sprite a singular colour for transparency, and what is left is the animation and the cry (the cry can be edited). That's as far I'm pretty sure that you can go with 'removing' the introduction Nidoran.
          But that does not affect the animation. The animation shows a PokéBall breaking open, a sprite being shown, and a sound being played. Making the image transparent and the sound silent doesn't remove them, just makes them empty, which is not the same thing.
          __________________
          -------------------------
          I hate signatures that are just a line of text without any clear division. You weirdos know who you are ;)
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old September 16th, 2018 (12:27 PM).
          Kairyla Kairyla is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2018
            Posts: 22
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
            You can't remove an animation by changing some sprites. That's literally not how images work, and those "numbers" are called Offsets -_-
            Okay. And I know what Offsets are and that wasn't what I mean by "numbers". But thank you for your reply :)
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old September 16th, 2018 (4:36 PM).
            Ace Trainer Slash's Avatar
            Ace Trainer Slash Ace Trainer Slash is offline
            Rookie ROM Hacker, HUGE Pokemon Fan :D
               
              Join Date: Jun 2018
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 107
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BirdstarCat13 View Post
              But that does not affect the animation. The animation shows a PokéBall breaking open, a sprite being shown, and a sound being played. Making the image transparent and the sound silent doesn't remove them, just makes them empty, which is not the same thing.
              I understand that it would make them empty, and that you cannot remove the animation, but I was saying that's as far as 'removing Nidoran' goes, is covering it up with a different sprite.
              __________________
              I run Dedenne, and I don't regret it one bit!
              Reply With Quote
              Reply

              Quick Reply

              Join the conversation!

              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

              Create a PokéCommunity Account
              Thread Tools

              Posting Rules
              You may not post new threads
              You may not post replies
              You may not post attachments
              You may not edit your posts

              BB code is On
              Smilies are On
              [IMG] code is On
              HTML code is Off

              Forum Jump


              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:00 PM.