• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [FireRed] Levels Above 100

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
howdy:
few more values here, mainly for battles (untested):
48492 - change 03 to 04 - max hp in-battle loaded characters
484C6 - change 03 to 04 - current hp in-battle loaded characters
may find menu today if i get to it~

Thanks for finding those values! I honestly didn't even know this wasn't working currently. {XD}

That said, the string itself doesn't seem to want to accommodate the 4 digit length. The '/' symbol is gone and the last digit of the max hp gets cut off. Guess I'll add that to my to-do list of things to figure out!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Thanks for finding those values! I honestly didn't even know this wasn't working currently. {XD}

That said, the string itself doesn't seem to want to accommodate the 4 digit length. The '/' symbol is gone and the last digit of the max hp gets cut off. Guess I'll add that to my to-do list of things to figure out!
4849c - FB
484d8 - FF

it'll look a bit weird w/ 4 digits so maybe adjust it 5 more pixels to the left as well as do the same on the graphics for the battle boxes themselves (the "/" is on the image itself)
so then like F6 and then FA at each of the addresses, respectively

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
4849c - FB
484d8 - FF

it'll look a bit weird w/ 4 digits so maybe adjust it 5 more pixels to the left as well as do the same on the graphics for the battle boxes themselves (the "/" is on the image itself)

Dang, now it shows as 2 digits. "/" is back though haha.

Years
Dang, now it shows as 2 digits. "/" is back though haha.

4849c - FB
484d8 - FF

You won't do it with just bytechanging. You need to hook there and have separate cases for 4-digit HP and less digit HP.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I apologize for this bump, but wanted to know if there's been an update to this? Every attempt I have has bugs, and will skip levels once reaching around ~40. Lunos mentioned there were some changes, and I think people would benefit from the update. :)

Also, one of the wild Pokemon I encounter (Eevee) doesn't even have a level, it's just 5. (Not Lv. 5) and goes black when evolving it... (Only when used on the fire red 1020 base)

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Every attempt I have has bugs, and will skip levels once reaching around ~40. Also, one of the wild Pokemon I encounter (Eevee) doesn't even have a level, it's just 5. (Not Lv. 5) and goes black when evolving it... (Only when used on the fire red 1020 base)

Try implementing this on a vanilla ROM. If the issue isn't there, then it's a problem with the base you're using. (Perhaps a changed offset or routine?) Either way, not really something I can solve.

If the issue persists, then PM me, and I'll try and pin down the issue with you. Because the routine still works just fine when I try.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
Hello, do you think it is possible to make this region limited? Like Kanto max level 100 and Johto goes max level 200?

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
This is awesome, but it sounds confusing. Could someone make a video of how this is done, or upload an IPS patch?

This all came to me suddenly, so I think I have it down. I tried it last night, but after the Gamefreak Presents screen, the game went black, meaning I either messed up or it didn't like the clean, squirrels rom I used. The question I have is, would I be able to make Pokémon max out at level 500 (Hex 1F4), or would that not work? I don't think it would since the hex value is three values long instead of the two values long that FA is, but wanted to double check before I rule that out.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hi Esipode, I hope you still visit this thread.
People from the Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter discord were able to find an issue with raising the level cap to Lv. 255, and I was able to confirm it.
It looks like the points counter of the different stats is resetting when their stat reaches 654 points.
0U9Jhnn.png

For the test I used a Modest Charizard with 4 EVs in HP, 252 EVs in Sp. Atk and another 252 in Speed. 31 IVs in all its 6 stats.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Hi Esipode, I hope you still visit this thread.
People from the Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter discord were able to find an issue with raising the level cap to Lv. 255, and I was able to confirm it.
It looks like the points counter of the different stats is resetting when their stat reaches 654 points.
0U9Jhnn.png

For the test I used a Modest Charizard with 4 EVs in HP, 252 EVs in Sp. Atk and another 252 in Speed. 31 IVs in all its 6 stats.
just saw this
currently at school, but will look into when i get home tonight

EDIT:
yeet-1.png
yeet-2.png
yeet-3.png

i'm not seeing it
(i wasn't seeing it because i wasn't boosting any stats with natures)

EDIT2:
436D4: 0B
436DC: 09
436E4: 0A

code explanation:
Spoiler:
or, in asm:
Spoiler:
and then comparison:
yeet-0.png
yeet-1.png

thanks doesnt for pointing this out to me (that it may be caused by natures)~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
This is awesome, but it sounds confusing. Could someone make a video of how this is done, or upload an IPS patch?

This all came to me suddenly, so I think I have it down. I tried it last night, but after the Gamefreak Presents screen, the game went black, meaning I either messed up or it didn't like the clean, squirrels rom I used. The question I have is, would I be able to make Pokémon max out at level 500 (Hex 1F4), or would that not work? I don't think it would since the hex value is three values long instead of the two values long that FA is, but wanted to double check before I rule that out.

The highest you can change the max level to is 255. Anything higher would require shifting a lot of code around.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
This is great. This could allow to make a hack with a lot of regions (if someone could finish that kind of massive project) and keep the level challenge. Some balance must be done in later exp gain to train pokemon and that but at least it's a nice option.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Thanks for fixing this before I even knew about it haha!
I'll add it to the OP.
User darkeon75 from Whack a Hack! found another issue, albeit pretty small.
4-digit numbers don't seem to be showing up correctly in the Pokémon Summary screen or in the HP Boxes during battles.
iQOu1FR.png

I guess it'd be a good time to mention it, but the position of the values for the Attack and Defense stats during levelling up is off too.
Z6qchom.png

I guess these issues are related to the one that is mentioned at the beginning of the main post?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 1, 2021
i don't understand.

none matches anything in the rom, can you send the rom file you used to do this?
i figured this out, i'm not smart

Years
i don't understand.

none matches anything in the rom, can you send the rom file you used to do this?
i figured this out, i'm not smart

This is really just following pointers to specific offsets and editing the bytes. ROM's cannot be shared on PokéCommunity, and can result in a ban. Please refrain from doing so.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
I'm just curious, but how does this work with ev gain, since ev gain is based on max level, either you gain far less evs than normal early on because your max level is so much higher making them kind of worthless (good bad idk), or you remove the ev limit and just progressively get stronger the more you fight, until you reach max level.

Back