• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hau in the Anime

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
As of right now, Hau has yet to make an appearance in the anime in any shape or form. I worry if he'll even appear at all at this point. Which is how it seemed with Ilima being completely unseen until a year or so after S/M started airing.

That being said... do you guys want Hau to appear in the anime, or is the opportunity gone at this point?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
As of right now, Hau has yet to make an appearance in the anime in any shape or form. I worry if he'll even appear at all at this point. Which is how it seemed with Ilima being completely unseen until a year or so after S/M started airing.

That being said... do you guys want Hau to appear in the anime, or is the opportunity gone at this point?

Opportunity isn?t gone. In fact, it?s been TPC?s MO to introduce ?friendly? rivals late into the series. Sawyer wasn?t revealed until Ash?s Gym Battle with Valerie in Episode 73/74(although Sawyer did battle Clemont in Episode 64 if memory serves) and Alain didn?t get revealed as a rival for Ash until Season 19(or 107 Episodes). Then there are other regions where they introduced ?rivals? relatively late in the series(such as Harrison, Ritchie, etc.).

It?s also been their MO to promote the games: Emerald/FRLG with Battle Frontier, BW2 with Roxie, Steven and Hoenn Mega Evolutions for ORAS. I expect Hau to make an appearance for USUM promotion, especially with an Alolan League likely in our future.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
We still have at least a year of Sun and Moon so it isn't a dead idea yet. In fact, there are possible hints that someone new will be joining the main cast with official art work, who happens to own a Alolan Raichu and a few others, which is Hau's signature pokemon.

Will he be a main character, I don't know. Will he face Ash in the League. possibly. We know that there is likely to be a League, but we don't know how they will handle it since there is no official League yet.

With the Necrozma Arc starting up, as well as Team Rocket Arc, which will probably end in November or so, they have to have something going on in the 3rd year of the SM anime. Especially since Ash only has 1 more Island Challenge to do, and almost every single one of the Ultra Beasts has been introduced, but Kartana, Guzzlord, and Pheramosa. Which from what they have done so far, will only last for an episode each. We also have Naganadel, but Ash has a Poipole.

So they have to do something in the 3rd season of SM which will probably be around 50 episodes. As to do I want Hau to be in the anime, I don't really mind. I think there is enough main cast members at the moment, especially since Gladieon seems to be Ash's main rival currently. But having a new character introduced that becomes a main character will change things up.

We need to keep in mind that Barry, which was the rival in DPPl games, did not show up till episode 101 in the DP saga. We haven't even made it to 90 episodes in SM yet. So just because he hasn't appeared yet, doesn't mean he never will. People didn't think Team Flare would be introduced either, but they showed up near the end of Kalos and became a main threat. That being said, he may be introduced at the start of Season 3 of SM or at the very end of Season 2. And I think Team Skull Arc will also take place in Season 3.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I expect Hau to make an appearance for USUM promotion, especially with an Alolan League likely in our future.
At this point, this would be the most likely saving grace for TV Tokyo/Disney XD to place Hau in to either swoop in & show how Blue Hau is via Alolan League matches (and perhaps become Champion for Ash to journey onward once again), or Ash becomes the Champion (and perhaps has to defend his position like in the games).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
At this point, this would be the most likely saving grace for TV Tokyo/Disney XD to place Hau in to either swoop in & show how Blue Hau is via Alolan League matches (and perhaps become Champion for Ash to journey onward once again), or Ash becomes the Champion (and perhaps has to defend his position like in the games).

Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long. Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.

As far as Hau, as another person pointed out, if Alain and Sawyer can get debuts very late into XY, Hau most certainly can get a debut late into this saga as well. Heck, if IcyIce is to be believe, it's actually a lot MORE likely that Hau's going to be appearing soon thanks to some concept art showing an Alola Raichu and a few others with a trainer (which reminds me, IcyIce, think you can post the link to this artwork?).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
At most, he'd be a "Barry" at this point since Gladion is already Ash's main rival.

He'd probably also be used to debut Dartrix and later Decidueye's Z-Move since Ash's Rowlet is unlikely to ever evolve.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long.
Agreed; besides, it would be interesting if he were placed in a position where he would have to defend the title just like the games.

Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.
That is assuming their speculated battle isn't the final battle for the duration of the matches.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Personally, I'd prefer that Ash actually BECOME champion this time. Since Ash got runner up in Kalos, we can't afford to have Ash just do better than before, and they've denied him the champion title for FAR too long. Besides, even if he DOES win, he still needs to beat the Elite 4 and the regional champion before he can officially become champion.

As far as Hau, as another person pointed out, if Alain and Sawyer can get debuts very late into XY, Hau most certainly can get a debut late into this saga as well. Heck, if IcyIce is to be believe, it's actually a lot MORE likely that Hau's going to be appearing soon thanks to some concept art showing an Alola Raichu and a few others with a trainer (which reminds me, IcyIce, think you can post the link to this artwork?).

It was from the Pokeshopper who confirmed it was official art work. Which have been right about things in the past and gets more info before most. Here is the art work for now. I can only take Pokeshopper's word for it. If it was anyone else, I'd be skeptical.

However, to me, it looks 100% official. There is also new merch with Stuffle coming out as well, to lead me to believe this is likely true as well. This image was also posted before a certain pokemon evolved, like a week afterwards.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't think that Hau is showing up. Hala has appeared many times and he never mentioned having a grandson.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
See. This is why I say wait till new season :P Much like Barry, Hau will be showing up around a similar time frame most likely, so I am guessing episode 98 to 100. Maybe even the first episode of the next season.

This probably means there will be some sort of League after all or at least a tournament.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't think that Hau is showing up. Hala has appeared many times and he never mentioned having a grandson.

To be fair, Ash never exactly mentioned meeting Serena as a child before XY either, yet when XY occurred, that's exactly what that turned out to be. Either way, it's pretty much confirmed at this point that Hau is going to be appearing anyway per Dragon's post. Speaking of which:

Spoiler:

It looks like he's going to be showing up after all!

Not only is Hau definitely appearing due to that poster, but, just as I expected and what When Regions Collide indicated, Misty and Brock are also returning as well (and based on the fact that they're on the poster, I'm suspecting they're going to have at the very least a bit of a larger role this season, if not a full-on return.). Heck, Ash may be getting an Eevee if it being posed near him is to be believed (and I must admit, the Eevee reminds me of my pet toy poodle Ridley-Riley due to really having a large amount of fur in front of its eyes.). Let's hope that THIS time around, Misty's actually ALLOWED to pursue her goal by the time she leaves and ISN'T forced back into Cerulean Gym yet again.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I wish Ash got the a**hole rivals back... Don't get me wrong the friendly rivals are cool and all, but d*ck rivals have so much more potential and Ash being one upped by them each time actually gives him reason to become stronger.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I wish Ash got the a**hole rivals back... Don't get me wrong the friendly rivals are cool and all, but d*ck rivals have so much more potential and Ash being one upped by them each time actually gives him reason to become stronger.

Eh, personally, I think he really should get a rival that if anything actually WANTS to prove his own superiority by beating Ash and struggles to keep up with him. You know, similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. We haven't really had that in a rival at all in this series (in fact, ironically, ASH comes across as being more of the Vegeta type).

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Eh, personally, I think he really should get a rival that if anything actually WANTS to prove his own superiority by beating Ash and struggles to keep up with him. You know, similar to Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. We haven't really had that in a rival at all in this series (in fact, ironically, ASH comes across as being more of the Vegeta type).

Wouldn't Sawyer fall under that category? Or by proving his own superiority do you mean out of jealousy or hatred of Ash and not admiration?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Wouldn't Sawyer fall under that category? Or by proving his own superiority do you mean out of jealousy or hatred of Ash and not admiration?

Well, don't know about hatred, but certainly jealousy. Hence why I cited the Vegeta example (since, well, he WAS sore about being beaten by Goku up until the end of the Majin Buu arc). I guess Sawyer does come close to that kind of rival even if it IS admiration driving him rather than the same emotion that drove Vegeta.

Back