• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [BETA 2 OUT NOW!] Pokémon Darkfire

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Sep 26, 2023
I'm playing this hack today, and I have to say that this is looking great and the world has a lot to explore but the screen where it announces what pokemon you sent out is wrong, for example: instead of saying "_______" sent out "_____" it says the name of npc you last battled where your name is suppose to be

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
I know I'm late for the party but congrats on beta 2 releasing! This hack I've been following for 2 years now and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of the grind! Take care and good luck with the rest of the hack! You're nearing the finish line, keep at it!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I'm playing this hack today, and I have to say that this is looking great and the world has a lot to explore but the screen where it announces what pokemon you sent out is wrong, for example: instead of saying "_______" sent out "_____" it says the name of npc you last battled where your name is suppose to be

Yeah, we're aware of this bug. We're moving the project to decomp for beta 3 so we hope that will be fixed.

I know I'm late for the party but congrats on beta 2 releasing! This hack I've been following for 2 years now and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of the grind! Take care and good luck with the rest of the hack! You're nearing the finish line, keep at it!

Thanks! Keep an eye out for updates.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
Years
It's welcome news for sure, however, it might be a bit painful for you guys to port an ongoing project to a new platform. Decomps have become the hacking standard these days, and I'm happy that Darkfire is moving in that direction as well. Wish you luck guys!!

Blubery

President Of The Violet/Olivine City Theme Fan Clu
Years
Hey! This hack looks amazing! I do have a few questions though.

-Is there an Exp. Share? If so, how is it obtained? Does it function like it does in Gen 6 and onward?
-Is there a new evolution method that replaces trade evolutions?
-Is your rival, if there is one, an actual rival (Like from Gens. 1 and 2)? Or are they just a buddy pal friend (Like from Gen 3 and onwards)?

I hope these questions aren't too much! I just joined the site (by "just", I mean about 30 minutes before posting this) and I love all the hacks I've seen, and yours is definitely one of the best! Keep up the great work!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
are there any move tutors? Its been forever since I played so I wanna know as I keep getting timid and modest pidgeys. If a move tutor (for moves like thunderpunch, iron head, ect) are available it'd be great for one of these pidgeys to get heat wave.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
This game has me intrigued but this will be the first ROM hack I've played that is a seemingly active WIP so I'm wondering since this seems to be in beta still, will previous saves be transferrable to future versions as is the case with RPG Maker games?

I'm 100% gonna play but I'm not a start-over-with-each-version type so if saves won't be transferrable I'll probably prefer to wait until it's finished. Or at least until it's dead if that ends up being the case.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Crimson Stardust said:
Always been a fan of the author mapping skills..huhu.
This looks interesting and nice. Love the choice of tiles and palettes, I can't wait to get my hands on this to try the beta.
All the best for this!!

Thanks man!

This game has me intrigued but this will be the first ROM hack I've played that is a seemingly active WIP so I'm wondering since this seems to be in beta still, will previous saves be transferrable to future versions as is the case with RPG Maker games?

I'm 100% gonna play but I'm not a start-over-with-each-version type so if saves won't be transferrable I'll probably prefer to wait until it's finished. Or at least until it's dead if that ends up being the case.

The beta 2 saves can't be used for beta 3, since we're adding some major features in beta 3. Sorry! But beta 3 saves will likely be able to be kept for betas after that, so I suggest waiting at least for beta 3.

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
The beta 2 saves can't be used for beta 3, since we're adding some major features in beta 3. Sorry! But beta 3 saves will likely be able to be kept for betas after that, so I suggest waiting at least for beta 3.

Thanx for the info, sounds like a plan.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hello

join our discord for some more frequent updates on the hack (https://discordapp.com/invite/psPyprg) - we've posted some stuff there that we haven't posted here for some reason.

I've made an image with all Pokemon available in Tenjo:
Spoiler:

I may have forgotten one or two, so I guess its subject to change. We'll see

What's basically included:
* Gens 1, 2, 3
* Pokemon in gen 4 that evolve from Pokemon from either one of the first 3 gens
* A couple of gen 4 legendaries (Regigigas, Darkrai)

The img helps a lot people who like to plan their pokemon teams ahead of their playthrough (like I do)

enjoy, beta 3 soon (soon in a very, very relative sense. Have you watched Inception? I haven't, but it's something like that)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Shame you don't plan on adding more mons from gens 4-7, the regional map looks huge!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Shame you don't plan on adding more mons from gens 4-7, the regional map looks huge!

the region map is quite large but it's just large enough for 3 gens (3 and a half, considering all the pokemon from gen 4 we'll insert). For a single region, that's already a lot more species than any one of the regions of the official games ever had.

and if I were to make a more detailed response: we did think of adding more but it's like, is more pokemon in a single region = better game? No... it's not fun when you go into a route and you're able to find 12 different species of Pokemon in the grass, 5 more while surfing and 5 more while fishing, etc. The areas all become overloaded with species, and it just doesn't feel like a Pokemon game at that point because none of the official games try to cram 7-8 gens of Pokemon into a single region.

we thought 3 gens + a few from 4 were more than enough

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
We need pokemon to have the learn-move-by-evolve mechanic seen in gen six as Eevee wont learn most if any of its evolutionary lines' basic moves before level 15 when you finally get an evolution stone. I evolved mine into a jolteon for the ninja battle in Laviare City, but based on the levels in which my pokemon got their moves it appears to be using the gen 5 learnsets, meaning unless you evolve Eevee by level 9, in most cases none of the eeveelutions get their basic elemental abilities. This can be resolved if Eevee on evolution at any point can learn its basic move, like Confusion for Espeon or Thundershock for Jolteon. As of right now I can't get Thundershock and it'd take too long to go back to Union City to get the Shock Wave TM on sale at the department store.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
We need pokemon to have the learn-move-by-evolve mechanic seen in gen six as Eevee wont learn most if any of its evolutionary lines' basic moves before level 15 when you finally get an evolution stone. I evolved mine into a jolteon for the ninja battle in Laviare City, but based on the levels in which my pokemon got their moves it appears to be using the gen 5 learnsets, meaning unless you evolve Eevee by level 9, in most cases none of the eeveelutions get their basic elemental abilities. This can be resolved if Eevee on evolution at any point can learn its basic move, like Confusion for Espeon or Thundershock for Jolteon. As of right now I can't get Thundershock and it'd take too long to go back to Union City to get the Shock Wave TM on sale at the department store.

thanks for the feedback, we'll consider making this feature

Back