• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN FULL] Kinyo: a new region, a new journey [M]

Years
Chapter 1: The Mischief Badge

Mahono Town

Mahono Town – an almost idyllic place tucked away from the rest of Kinyo. A soft breeze sifts through the air; you can smell the sea. The town rests on hills wedged between cliffs and mountains, perfect for the small-town life. Many scenic views on top of the hills allow you to catch a glimpse of the dazzling waters of the sea and are often fun just for picnics too. Amaranth plants can also be found throughout the town, giving Mahono its own unique colourful vibe. There used to be a path down to the beach, but it was shut down due to strong currents. Although you can't go down there, you can often see Wingull flying at the shore.

However, most visitors from other regions don't come for the scenery. The Mahono Trainer School, Kinyo's oldest, is a well-regarded academy for aspiring trainers, but in recent years has fallen into decline. Your group is the last set of students at the school – and most of you aren't even locals. Now, it's graduation time. The final class ever.

At the ceremony, the region's professor, Heather Wisteria, has come to give everyone an official Trainer License – essentially a permit for capturing and training Pokémon. Along with your stock standard supplies such as Pokéballs, you get your Pokédex, which, interestingly, is shaped like a small GoPro-like camera. To scan information about a Pokémon, you simply snap a picture of it, and the Pokédex churns out info through a hologram.

In addition, Wisteria gives you the latest invention from Sinnoh's Pokétch Company: the Holotch. The Holotch is a small communication device shaped like a transparent phone that allows people to contact one another, but also scan an area for a certain Pokémon, increasing the likelihood that it can be found. There are some Pokémon that can only be found through the Holotch. Moreover, it increases the rate of encountering a shiny Pokémon, as well as finding a Pokémon with a Hidden Ability. However, this new technology is rather unreliable, so it can only be used once per area.

Notable People

Professor Wisteria:
While her lab isn't located in Mahono Town, she's come for the graduation ceremony. She's your typical middle-aged woman with straight black hair, not unlike Professor Fennel. Since she's out of the lab, she's wearing white trousers and a brown shirt. Personality-wise, she's quite chatty, but amicable overall.
During her youth, she used to be a Pokémon Ranger, and so her field of expertise focuses on how different Pokémon interact with each other in different environments, particularly the contrast between Pokémon found in nature and those found in urban settings. She began researching the topic seven years ago, soon after the Great Turmoil, a time in which the biodiversity of Kinyo sharply declined.

Talk to Wisteria!
Need help with anything? Wisteria's your best bet, offering advice on how to use the Pokédex, encounter Pokémon and more. Want to get started on some field research – just talk to her!
- Quest: Encounter 3 wild Pokémon on Route 301.
- Reward: Berries!

Bellatrix:
Your battling teacher, Bellatrix is a Mahono local who, despite having a stern personality, is for once excited to see you all graduate. She has short ash brown hair and has the attire and build of a gymnast. Interestingly, she has a wristband with a symbol of a four-sided star on it. If you can't catch up with her at the ceremony, her house is located on top of a hill, where she lives with her grandma.

Battle a rival!
It's time to show what you're made of! Bellatrix wants to see your battling skills one last time, so get to it and battle an NPC classmate, someone from the town, or even another player. If you do, Bellatrix will give you something that'll help out for your first gym battle.
- Quest: Battle another trainer.
- Reward: TM94 - Rock Smash

Bert:
Bert's your Pokémon Care & Survival teacher. Remember the guy in front of the blackboard telling you the types of status conditions? That's him. He has black hair that's starting to grey and is wearing flannel, a little like a lumberjack when considering his stocky build. He's an all-around friendly person, though he's the type to enjoy the company of Pokémon more than other people.

Say goodbye to Mahono!
As your class is the last class to graduate, it means your teachers will have to move on as well. What are they going to do now? Are they moving to another region? Finding a new job? Get creative - you can make up your own teacher too if you'd prefer. Since you're leaving the town, you're also saying goodbye to the residents of Mahono - who were you close to? Perhaps you have family to say bye to?
- Quest: Say goodbye to your favourite teacher/townsfolk.
- Reward: Some sort of keepsake from them.

Route 301

A short downhill route winding down from Mahono Town to Nashimity Town that follows the cliff-side. A spectacular view of the sea can be found wherever you are on the route. The route itself is fairly isolated and serene: not even a trainer can be found to battle here. The track is a simple dirt road surrounded by some tall grass. As a result, it's the perfect way to settle into an adventure!
2WQQsJD.png
DexPokémonLevelRarityMethod
latest
#1Pidgey2 - 4CommonTall Grass
latest
#4Rattata2 - 4CommonTall Grass
latest
#6Hoppip2 - 4UncommonTall Grass (☀️)
latest
#9Hoothoot2 - 4UncommonTall Grass (🌘)
latest
#11Munchlax2 - 4-Holotch

Last edited:
Years
Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Mahono Town Police Station || Team:
latest

Day: One || Time: Late Morning

Saying Goodbye

Kira quietly sat as she stared at her brand-new Trainer License, committing every word, number and printing imperfection to memory. The idea is still a bit surreal to her, but as of an hour or so ago she's now a full-fledged pokemon trainer. "Kira Wolf, Eyes Green, Hair Mahogany, Trainer Number…" she repeated to herself over and over again, trying to take it all in. At the very least she managed to stop her hand from shaking.

Kira leaned back in attempt to calm herself a bit, the old police station chair creaking under her weight as she did so. "Come on Jason, where are you? I know you'd say it'd be awhile but it's been almost an hour!" She muttered to herself, her impatience starting to get the better of her. With a swing of her legs she swiftly got up from her chair and began heading towards the door. "I bet he's still at the academy, If I leave now I bet I can cat…" she thought to herself before she was interrupted by the front door crashing into her face.

"Ow… You have really good timing; you know that Jason?" Kira complained, still smiling despite her annoyed tone.

""Yeah, sorry." An older man in a police uniform apologized, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Didn't I tell you to call me Officer Rogers while in the station though?"

"Oh please, there's nobody here. Trust me, I've been here awhile." Kira scoffed "Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for coming to my graduation! My parents couldn't make it, so it was nice to have someone there for me."

"It's no problem at all. Seriously, after all the trouble you caused me the least I could do is see you off. " the officer said with a bit of a smirk. "Speaking of trouble I got you something." He continued, tossing Kira a pokéball. "I confiscated it from a kid earlier today. Apparently he stole it, planned on going out to the forest to begin his own journey."

Kira merely gave a knowing look in response to Jason's little quip. "Alright, what is it really for? You wouldn't be giving it to me if it was really stolen."

Jason laughed "Alright fine, you caught me. It's actually a graduation gift. I got you that along with a few other supplies I figured you'd need. I know you got something similar from Wisteria but I figured a few extras could never hurt."

"Well, then thank you very much 'Officer Rogers"'" Kira said with a bit of a mocking tone. "Seriously though, thank you so much! You really didn't need to get me anything!"

"It's no problem at all. Just make me one promise and try to straighten out your act at least a little bit. You have a real knack for finding trouble and I don't want to hear that you got yourself into anything serious. I won't be able to help you out if you manage to get in trouble outside of town so just please be careful." Jason said with a rather stern tone.

"Fine, I promise… Only a little bit though, That knack is why I was able to become a trainer in the first place you know." Kira said, crossing her arms somewhat smugly.

"Yes, and that still concerns me." Jason said with a sigh. "Still though, I guess I couldn't expect much more from you. Just keep in contact and kick some butt, I'll be rooting for you out there." He said with a warm expression, holding his fist out.

"I'll be sure to make you proud Jason!" Kira responded, Grinning ear to ear as she fist bumps him.

"Officer Rogers." Jason corrected. "And good luck. I'll see you later."

With goodbyes said, Kira headed out the front door of the police station. With her head held high she was now more than ever ready to begin her journey.

Last edited:
Years
Edison Kintobor
Mahono Town

Graduation day had come at last, and Edison was excited to begin his journey. He was looking forward to seeing all the the Kinyo region had to offer, and most excitingly, all the wondrous Pokemon he would meet! But first, protocol dictated that he think his teachers and tutors for helping him reach this point. He wanted to talk to Ms. Bellatrix in particular, as battling had always been his weakest subject, and she was willing to spend extra time with him to help him improve.

He found Ms. Bellatrix at the ceremony, where she appeared to be talking to another student. Edison groaned inwardly (though he kept his smile on his face) when he saw with whom she was speaking: Sunny Dey, Edison's self-proclaimed rival.

Sunny was the opposite of Edison in nearly every way: outgoing, hot tempered, and very competitive. She was as tall as he was, with bright green eyes and red hair that lightened to yellow at the tips. In contrast to the formality of the occasion, she was dressed in tattered black jeans, a blue sundress, and a black leather jacket.

Ms. Bellatrix noticed Edison, waving in greeting. Edison offered a shy wave in response, coming over even as Sunny grinned excitedly at him.

"Ay, there he is!" Sunny punched Edison in the arm as a greeting. "Ms. Bella and I were just talking about you, Eddie!"

"Nice to see you too, Sunny." Edison punched Sunny's arm as well, though much lighter. "You look nice, Ms. Bellatrix. I just wanted to say goodbye before I left, and thank you for all the help you've given me."

Bellatrix actually smiled, despite normally being a no-nonsense type. "Just doing my job, Edison. Or, it was my job. But now the torch has been passed to the next generation! To you two, and your classmates. Sunny here was telling me how she missed battling with you, and hoped to have one more before you both left."

"Come on, Eddie!" Sunny pleaded, but looked hopeful. "We've battled each other 19 times, don't you want to make it an even 20?"

Edison rubbed the back of his head in thought. "I only recall winning 5 of those battles. Aren't you satisfied with your win streak?"

Bellatrix clapped a hand on each of the students' shoulders. "I agree with her, Edison. It's not exactly a tie breaker, but it does have a certain poetry to it. I'll even make things interesting!" She reached into her shirt, pulling out a small device with a strap. "I have a Move Machine here for whoever wins this fight. No spoilers, but it might give you an edge against the first Gym Leader. What do you say, kids?"

Sunny pumped her fist in excitement. "You know I'm down, Ms. B!"

Edison eyed the machine, his brain working through the possibilities. "I definitely want that machine, Ms. Bellatrix. I accept the challenge!"

Bellatrix grinned, leading the pair away from the crowd. "Now that's what I like to hear! Let's head to my place, we'll battle at the base of the hill."

She lead them to the residential area, stopping at an empty lot within sight of her house. "This will do nicely. This will be a one on one match, standard rules. You two ready?"

"I was born ready!" Sunny replied, pulling a Pokeball from her jacket pocket.

"I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping for the best!" Edison stated, unclipping his Pokeball from his satchel strap.

Bellatrix blew into the whistle around her neck. "Get it on!"

Edison sent out his Magnemite with a "Let's go, N.D.!", while Sunny called out "Win this thing, Sputter!" as she summoned her Litwick.

"Start things off with Thunder Shock!" Edison instructed. Electricity arced along N.D.'s magnets, blasting forth and striking Sputter, who winced but was otherwise unbothered.

Sunny didn't seem worried, either. "Normally I'd use Minimize, but I know you're packing a Shock Wave. So we'll go for the early win with Ember!" A purple flame ignited on the wick on Sputter's head, and she spat out notes of similar colored fire from her mouth. N.D. reeled from the hit, levitating at a bit of an angle.

"Then let's hope this goes in my favor. Use Supersonic, N.D.!" Magnemite began vibrating, emitting a cone of soundwaves toward Litwick. Sputter flinched back at the sound, holding her nonexistent ears.

Sunny scoffed, but knew this trick had earned Ed a win in the past. "You wanna flip that coin? We'll flip it! Use Ember!" Sputter's fire flared up, and she spat more ghost fire at N.D. The embers struck, and N.D. fell to the ground, too weak the hover more than a couple inches off the ground.

Edison shrugged as he picked up N.D. "Sorry, buddy. You did good, though." He returned him to his ball as he offered Sunny a fist bump. "Good match, as always."

Sunny enthusiastically returned the fist bump, then gave Edison a hug as she returned her Pokemon. "That was awesome, Eddie! Thanks for battling with me! No hard feelings about losing?"

Edison grinned, patting Sunny on the head. "None at all. I know we probably won't see each other that often."

Bellatrix blew her whistle again, getting both students' attention. "Good match, everyone! As promised, here's the Move Machine for you, Sunny. And here..." she reached into her shirt again, pulling out a second device. "Is one for you, Edison. I'm so proud of you and all the progress you've made. And it's good to see such good sportsmanship!"

Edison happily took the TM, even giving Bellatrix a hug. She gently pushed him off, clearing her throat. "The way these machines work, you just secure the strap around a Pokeball and press the button. The device sends the data to your Pokemon and voila! Instant transmission of information!"

Edison and Sunny both followed her instructions, only to both be disappointed. "Hey, what gives, Ms. B? Sputter can't learn this move!"

Edison slipped the device into his satchel, also confused. "Neither can Neodymium. Can only certain Pokemon learn the technique?"

Bellatrix grinned at the question. "Got it in one, Edison! I knew you were a smart kid. If you two wanna use Rock Smash, then I guess you better go catch some Pokemon! But first, go heal up at the Pokemon Center. Have fun, kids!" She waved goodbye as she went to her house.

After healing, Sunny and Edison walked onto Route 301 together. "What are you going to do now, Eddie? Wanna join me on the road?"

Edison shook his head. "I'm going to look for Pokemon around here before I go. Maybe I'll see you later."

Sunny smiled, looking at the road ahead. "Fine by me. I'm going off on an adventure. See you when I see you, Eddie." She started walking, leaving Edison to his catching.

Edison watched her go for a bit, then pulled out his Holotch. "Let's see what kind of Pokemon I can find with this thing..."

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~
Years

Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 1: Mahono Town `Day 1 [Afternoon]`

The Beginning of the End

After Professor Wisteria finished her speech, the ceremony officially was over. Momo looked around for her grandparents. She was sure they were here, she saw them with the crowd of on-lookers when the students were called out. Her red and grey shoulder bag is hanging on one strap around her left shoulder with her right arm holding Finn, the starter Pokemon she got years ago from her grandparents.

The little guy was unique, he liked to be held or perched on her shoulder/head, didn't like to be separated from her, and liked to help her, no matter what it is, he would just come up and help her. For example, he would see her gardening her grandmothers plants and he would run over and use water gun, pointing his mouth upwards so the water comes down, with gravity's help, in sprinkles, like rain. Another time was her going to the local market to shop and the little guy took a bag, after she finished shopping, and dragged it being him, following Momo back to the house. He also has some quirkiness in display: he was gifted a white and light orange neckerchief by Momo's grandparents when they noticed how fond of Momo he was, so they got him a cloth similar to hers, one of the colors on her scarf, and he adored it! He would wear it everywhere and anywhere. If someone, human or Pokémon, tried to take it, he would snap at them, except Momo or her grandparents, he knows that when they take it, they are going to wash it.

Momo heard her name being called and saw one of her teachers, or old teachers since she graduated, coming towards her, waving one of their hands. "Oi! Momoka!"

"Mr. Kuso?" Momo looked towards the man, confused. Did she forget something? No, she remembered she did everything right, so he must be here to congratulate her, but there is always room for mistakes. Mr. Kuso had dark brown hair spiked up, red slanted eyes, an old 'x' scar on his left cheek, a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit, gray pants, and black boots. He had a pair of dog tags around his neck, and told a curious student once that they were from his brother, who died years ago in an accident.

"Be careful out there, ya hear? The world is dangerous, especially now. You and the rest of this year's class are the shooting starts of this academy." Mr. Kuso grinned before taking something out of his pocket and opening is palm, revealing a mystic water.

"A Mystic water? Mr. Kuso, why do you have one? Those are rare." commented Momo, confused and surprised. Finn was staring at the item before squeaking and staring at Mr. Kuso.

"Exactly, that's why I'm giving it to you. They are useful for water Pokemon and from what I read, your Finn is going to be very powerful in the future if trained right, so a Mystic Water is going to come in handy." He grabbed her free hand and placed the item on her palm, closing her fingers around it. "Don't ask how I got it, just keep it and make good use of it. And this Mystic Water isn't a necklace like others, I had it changed to where it could be attached like a charm, so it would fit well with your Mudkip's neckerchief."

"Thank you. You didn't have to." Momo bowed for a second before kneeling down and placing Finn on the ground, making the MudFish Pokemon stare at her in confusion. She slightly grabbed the cloth around his neck and attached the Mystic Water to it, by using her sewing skills. After a few minutes, she let go and watched as Finn turned his head, testing out the added weight before jumping a few times, feeling the power from the blue stone. Momo smiled before standing and looking at her teacher, "What are you going to do now?"

"Me? This old guy is going to travel like you guys, but I'm going a different route. I want to see what types of items I can find." He heaved a bag that Momo didn't notice until now, it looks heavy. "Alright, I'm going to go check on a couple other students before leaving. Take care kid!" Mr. Kuso waved before walking away and into the crowd of students, teachers, and families. She waved back before looking down at Finn, who chirped at her.

"Alright, let's go find my grandparents."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Willow White
Mahono Town
kTKF0Ou.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Chapter 1-1 | Setting Out

In some regard, Willow figured that this should be an exciting day. She was a fresh graduate of the Mahono Town Pokémon Academy. She had received an official Pokédex and even her own Pokémon to travel across Kinyo to go and make her dreams come true. That said, something about it all just felt... underwhelming to her. On one hand, she was glad to finally be done with the school. She couldn't count the number of hours that she had waited for the day to come when she would be free to finally stretch her legs and do things she wanted to again. On the other hand, she really didn't even know how to start this journey off properly.

Willow had decided to just ditch the whole graduation ceremony. All that noise and flair was really not her style, and she could have cared less about listening to the professor give some grand, typical speech about how the world was their Cloyster and all that jazz. No, she had decided instead to just see the professor in private after the festivities were over for the most part, collect her beginning tools and whatnot and just quietly set out from there. Of course, Willow could see that Professor Wisteria was a bit disappointed in her decision in this regard. However at the same time the teenager figured that this wouldn't be the last time she disappointed those around her... Nor did she really care. It was her life after all, why go bothering about what others might think.

Slowly, her eyes drifted down to a Poké Ball she had been idly holding in her hand. As one might expect, a Pokémon was resting inside... her Pokémon to be exact. The purple-haired girl had had the ball for roughly an hour now, yet she had yet to even name the creature that was inside. To be honest, she didn't even know what Pokémon it was. Willow was fairly certain that Professor Wisteria had told her at some point, but the teenager couldn't be bothered to remember that at the moment. Realizing that this was as good as time as any, the teenager casually tossed the ball forward in order to release the creature that was inside.

To say that Willow was disappointed at the sight before was a bit of an understatement. She was hoping at the very least for something cool, perhaps something along the lines of a fiery Charmander or a fierce Totodile. What quickly took shape before her was... nothing of the sort. The Pokémon resembled something along the lines of a Seel, to be exact. Only it bore no fangs or a horn on the top of its head. It was blue in color, with a rather bright, attention-grabbing pink blob of a nose. Willow's eyes narrowed as she took in the sight of her Pokémon.

"A Popplio...? Out of all the cool lookin' Pokémon out there, and I get a damn Popplio...? Ya gotta be kiddin' me..." Willow groaned.

The Popplio looked around curiously at its surroundings before laying eyes on the purple-haired girl. It let out a rather happy bark, seemingly oblivious to the negative opinions that Willow already had towards it, before bounding over and nuzzling affectionately against her leg. Willow merely rolled her eyes at the contact, but didn't pull away from it either.

"So yer my partner, huh? I ain't exactly thrilled, but I guess I could've done worse," Willow began. She knelt down to the Popplio, looking at the water Pokémon intently as if she was examining it for any kind of damages. The Popplio merely tilted its head in response, before smiling up with a rather goofy-looking grin. "Wow, you're not very bright huh? Well, no matter... I guess I should give ya name regardless..."

The girl paused, rummaging around in her bag for the Pokédex she had received from the professor. She wasn't quite sure how the device actually worked, however. Willow had seen it used a few times during her history at the academy, but she wouldn't be lying if she said she wasn't paying full attention during those lectures. What followed next was the sight of a teenager fumbling around with the handheld device like some kind of Primeape, essentially pressing several buttons and the like as she pointed it at the Popplio. Willow must have eventually gotten it down as the device suddenly registered some button combination she had pressed to reveal an image of the Popplio on the screen.

"Hmm... Says here yer a girl, so... I guess that'll help out with the namin' thing, yeah?" Willow mused. The girl closed her eyes, gears in her head whirling as she thought about the perfect name. "How about Mana...? It's easy to remember and I guess it makes ya sound... well, cooler than ya look..."

The newly dubbed Mana tilted her head, before suddenly letting out a happy bark. She bounded around in circles, before suddenly flipping forward and balancing herself on her front flippers. Willow quickly took this to mean that the blue Pokémon was pleased with the name, if not even a bit too enthusiastic. Willow merely scoffed at this, brushing past her Pokémon as she began to make her way down Route 301. She had a feeling this was going to be a long journey.

Years
A graduation speech
"Hello everyone!" Wisteria waved her arms at the crowd of students, teachers and family. "This time of year is always such an exciting time for me – I love celebrating the achievements and hard-work everyone has put in. Today, it's paid off – you're all now capable trainers ready to take on the world."

Her voice took a more serious tone, "More importantly, you are the last trainers to graduate from this Trainer School, ever. Unless, of course, you can change that. As I'm sure you all already know, Pokémon training was a rather respected practice throughout the region up until seven years ago, during the so-called 'Great Turmoil'. A shadowy organisation called Team Phantom had tried to mass-capture Pokémon in an attempt to take over the region, but what they had done instead is reduce the diversity of Pokémon, relying on sheer numbers to overwhelm Kinyo. After it finally resolved, the trainers were blamed - that no regulations on catching Pokémon led to the idea of capturing so many. As the people saw it, Team Phantom was composed of trainers, and, in effect, they besmirched the reputation of trainers across all of Kinyo. Unfortunately, that is why we have regulations on Pokémon capture – one per area doesn't threaten the now very delicate ecosystems. Greed has unfortunately led us today, the last day of the Mahono Trainer School."

"But there is always hope – hope that Kinyo never experiences something like that again. Hope that the bonds between people and Pokémon re-blossom and that one day you all bear the beacon and inspire others to become trainers. That's why you've all spent so much time studying about Kinyo's environments, how to take care of Pokémon properly, how to battle fairly, and more. By becoming the 'ideal' trainers, I hope we can put the idea that trainers are a danger to the region to rest. Seeing all of you today, I know you all have the potential of becoming truly great. I hope you all drop by my lab in Nashmitity Town, just beyond Route 301!"

Freya Lundgren
Mahono Town |
653MS.png
| A journey begins
☀️​
Freya looked out to the shore, watching the waves crash against the rocky shore as she felt the light sea breeze against her skin. Wingull glided along with the breeze down by the sea, some perched on the wet rocks hugging the cliff below. The graduation ceremony had finished more than an hour ago, but Freya still lingered. She sighed – she had always wanted to venture out and explore Kinyo while studying at the academy, but now that it was actually time, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous.

It had only felt like a little while ago when she was back in the little flat in Lumiose City with her sister, watching Diantha take on trainers on the tele, let alone moving to Kinyo, graduating and now heading out to take on the Pokémon League. The adventure she had always dreamed of was now just waiting outside the town. Felix, her Fennekin, nudged her leg gently, reminding her that no matter where she was, Freya was not alone.

"Are you alright, Freya?"

She turned to see Paula, the mother of the foster family Freya stayed with during her time in Mahono.

"I guess this is goodbye, then," Freya smiled lightly. "I wanted to thank you for letting me stay and– "

"Don't be silly, dear," Paula laughed. "You're more than welcome to come back and stay with us any time you want."

Freya grinned, even if her adventure didn't work out, she at least had somewhere to return to before she headed back to Kalos. Paula was always nice to her – she made being away from home manageable for Freya, though now it would just be Freya and Felix.

"Thank you so much," she hugged Paula tightly, giving her a light peck on the cheek as a Kalosian farewell.

"I'm sure you'll do great," Paula patted her back, leading Freya to the front gate. "And, if anything happens," she reached down to pet Felix, "I'm sure little Felix here will protect you."

She pulled out a small notebook from her back pocket, handing it to Freya. "This is a little present for you – it's just a little book of recipes I wrote for you, dear. That way you can think of us whenever you're out there in the wild, cooking."

Freya's grin turned to a frown, it all seemed too bittersweet. She hugged Paula again, "I'll miss you all."

"You'll be fine," Paula reassured her, letting go. She walked Freya to the gate, opening it one last time. Freya picked Felix up, pulling the gate behind her as she left the house, now for good.

"Take care!" Paula waved a final goodbye, Freya returning a wave of her own as she made her way towards the centre of the town.

Paula's house was on the outskirts of the town, built near the cliffs to admire the blue waters stretching across the horizon. As Freya walked further, the house seemed to merge in with the rest of the horizon, now just a memory.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :
374.png

Chapter 1 - 1
After the Claps End

When the speech ended the ceremony hall erupted into a cheers and applause. Arthur who was also watching the ceremony immediately goes somewhere quiet to use his Holotch.

"Beep... beep... beep..." The Holotch keeps making sounds as the call tries to connect to whomever was at the end of the line. "Hi Arthur, how was your graduation ceremony goes?" A calm voice could be heard through the Holotch, it was from Arthur's father, Eric Weissmann. He apparently was unable to attend the ceremony due to work issue.

"Everything's alright, the ceremony has just wrapped up some minutes ago. How's your work?" Said Arthur, knowing the fact that his day is a busy man. "Could be better, some new guys messed up with the experiment data and now i'm stuck here fixing their mistakes."

Arthur wasn't surprised at the fact, after all his father has been a reliable veteran in this line of work since a long time ago that he is now the current project manager for an experiment they're currently conducting. He just sighed at the fact that knowing his father he would probably stay an all-nighter once more forgetting the fact that his cup noodle meal had gone soggy 4 hours before.

"Geez, you always handle everything yourself, Pops. You have to let the young ones have something to do too or otherwise they'll be rusty." Arthur exclaimed while opening the can of Lemonade he had bought earlier.

Hearing the response of his son, Eric chuckled. "Like you didn't try to hog everything by yourself while studying in the academy, you're my son after all."

"Haha, well you're not wrong on that." Arthur laughed at the other end of the line. However, a quiet silence soon takes place between the Son-Father pair until Arthur's father starts talking again.

"*Sigh*... You're going to embark on a journey eh? How sweet, I was like that at one point obsessed with being the best there ever was.. Unfortunately, I don't have the talents like your old man did and so I resigned to that fact at the time. But remember Arthur, don't repeat that mistake like I did, you don't have to be like your Grandfather to become a great trainer, just carve your own way and then you'll define who you are," Eric said with wistful tone remembering his late father.

"Shush Pops, you'll gonna make me cry if you keeps on talking like that."

"Awww.. Really?? I never knew that you even have feelings," Eric said to lighten up the mood.

"Geez, now I'm pretty sure that you're the personification of the devil itself, Pops. Maybe you should just make teasing humans your job instead of researching," Arthur quipped.

"Haha, you little.. Take care, okay kiddo?"

"Yeah Pops, you too. Don't forget about your dinner okay?"

"Yeah, yeah.. I'll try to eat properly. I'll call you later Arthur," said Eric closing the Holotch call.

With the last line being said, Arthur now tries to watch his surroundings while finishing his Lemonade. A lot of trainers could be seen leaving the academy and started to make their moves to the city and eventually to Route 201. Arthur looked at his clock and it was showing 11 o'clock.

"Welp, I guess it's also my time to leave the academy." But just as Arthur was going to collect his stuff, he remembered that he should visit one lecturer at least, the one that had been his foster parent during his stay at the academy, Kirk Hope. And so with that realization, Arthur decided to pay him a visit at his house where Arthur had stayed during his stay at the Academy.

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

"And that should do it" Graslan muttered to himself as his pencil made one last stroke on the page.

He looked at the black and white flowers on the page before closing his sketchbook and staring at the purple flowers before him. Graslan watched a flock of Wingull descend and start pecking at a sleeping Krabby down by the shore. Graslan chuckled as the annoyed crab aimlessly flailed his claws about, a futile attempt to stop the attacking birds. His laughter was halted however as a lone Wingull flew up to the hill he was sitting on and stole the last half of his sandwich.

"Hey! That's mi- gah forget it." Graslan sighed as he tucked his sketchbook into one of the pockets of his overalls.

"I should probably get going anyway". Graslan stood up and began walking down the path that lead out of town to begin his journey. As he traveled through town he thought back to his graduation just hours earlier.
_________________________________________________________​

Graslan stood on the stage, looking at the crowd of people before him, as he received his trainer's license. Professor Wisteria stepped forward and handed him his starter pokémon.

Finally, I can begin my journey and show my family that this isn't a waste of time. Graslan was so lost in thought that he didn't hear the words coming from Wisteria's lips as she talked to him. He just smiled and nodded then walked off the stage for the next trainer to receive their license and starter.

As Graslan tried to leave, he was stopped by a Ms. Bellatrix. Seeing a smile on her face for a change was slightly unsettling to Graslan.

"May I see it?" She spoke to him, holding out her hand.

Graslan looked at her confused for a moment, unsure of what she was talking about.

"Your pokémon. I would like to look at it before you go on your journey."

"Oh, uh, sure" Graslan handed her the pokéball.

Bellatrix carefully examined the pokéball in her hand with the same stern look Graslan was used to her having over his past year in Mahono.

"This Budew seems to be special. You probably won't spot it until it evolves though." She handed him the ball and walked away.

"You can tell just by looking at it through the poké ball?"

"You don't become a great battler like me without being able to properly size up a pokémon upon your first encounter."

"I guess that makes sense. How powerful do you think it is?"

"Why don't you battle with her and find out yourself?"

Graslan shrugged then looked at the pokéball in his hand, noting that the pokémon inside was resting.

"I would but it-er-she's sleeping. I think I'll just take one last stroll through town before moving on. Gives her some extra time to rest before we travel."

Ms. Bellatrix silently nodded before the two exchanged goodbyes and went their separate ways.
_________________________________________________________​

Graslan stopped at a sign reading "Leaving Mahono Town, please come again."

And so the journey begins., he thought to himself as he took his first step out of Mohono since arriving in the Kinyo region. He felt the pokéball start shaking in his pocket and pulled it out.

"Looks like somebody finally woke up." He tossed it in the air, releasing the awoken Budew.

The young bud shook her head and then stared at her new trainer.

"Hi I'm Graslan, your new trainer." Graslan knelt down and reached a hand out to the pokémon. Budew looked at his hand then stared at him, head tilted.

"I feel like I should give you a name. Hmm…" Graslan thought for a bit. "How about Rosa? You like that?" The Budew thought for a few seconds and then nodded.

"Alright, Rosa it is. Now what attacks do you know?". Rosa just stared at her trainer blankly then yawned.

"Right, I guess since you're young you probably wouldn't know your own attacks just yet."

Graslan pulled out his pokédex. "This should be able to show me your moves. I just need to figure out how to access that."

The hologram shown into his face, blinding him and causing him to drop the pokédex. Rosa rolled her eyes and started walking down the dirt path.

"Hey! You can't just walk off without me!"

"Budew! Budew dew dew Budew!" Rosa stopped and yelled back, kicking at the pokédex that rolled to her feet. Once again the hologram shot out, this time shining on the grass type and scanning her. Graslan picked up the pokédex and read it before putting it back in his pocket.

"So you can use this but you didn't know your own attacks?" Graslan pulled his Holotch out and handed it to Rosa. "Do you know how this works too?"

Rosa stared at the device for a few seconds and then started tapping away with her bud. Graslan watched a Hoppip appear on the small screen followed by a circle blipping around the image. A strange sound emanated from the device and both Graslan and Rosa turned as they heard the grass near them start rustling. Graslan put away the Holotch and stood up.

"Whatever you just did I think it worked. Get ready for your first battle."

Years
Edison Kintobor
Route 301

Scanning the area with his Holotch showed Edison a general map of his surroundings, along with a slow beep as it searched for Pokemon. The beeps got faster as he slowly turned, slowing down again as he kept turning. "Ah, perhaps this way?" Edison turned so the beeping was more rapid, going in that direction and adjusting to the beeps. Despite being fully healed, his Magnemite was being kept in its Pokeball, out of concern that its magnetic field would disrupt the Holotch.

Edison almost felt bad about that, but he was sure N.D. understood. They hadn't known each other for long, what with Magnemite being obtained from the school, but it seemed like a logical Pokemon.

He found himself wandering into the long grass, eventually stumbling over something rustling around in there. It was a Pokemon, rummaging through the grass for food. Using the Pokedex, Edison identified it as a Munchlax, and a young one at that. It occasionally popped things from the ground into its mouth, but never seemed pleased by the taste, indicating it was searching for food.

"My first wild Pokemon, and it looks to be a rare one! And it's just adorable, too! Come on, N.D., we're going to capture this one!" He called out his Magnemite, gaining the attention of Munchlax. Remembering how his last fight went, he decided to start off with a Status move. "Use Supersonic to confuse it, N.D."

N.D. vibrated, sending out soundwaves at Munchlax, but they didn't seem to have an effect. Unaware that it was in a fight, Munchlax trundled over and gave N.D. a big Lick. Although N.D. was hardly effected, Munchlax grimaced at the taste.

"Alright, new plan: attempt to paralyze it with your Thundershock." N.D. created a spark between its magnets, sending a jolt of electricity into Munchlax. Munchlax flinched from the shock, but was now very aware of the situation. It responded by slamming into N.D. with a Tackle. Using his Holotch to monitor the fight, Edison was impressed with the baby's endurance.

"Fascinating. Perhaps its thick fur and layers of fat provide it with a natural resilience to elemental attacks... N.D., use Tackle." N.D. rammed into Munchlax, much like it had done before. Munchlax responded in kind, hardly even denting Magnemite's hard metal body. They seemed an even match, each having a solid defense against the others best offense. But they weren't the only ones involved, and Edison tossed a Pokeball at Munchlax.

The ball opened up, pulling Munchlax inside, but that didn't last long. Munchlax popped back out after two shakes, turning his attention to Edison. He waddled up to Edison, sniffing at him cautiously, so Edison tossed another Pokeball at him. Once more the baby Pokemon was pulled inside the ball, and this time it clicked shut.

Edison recalled N.D., calling his new Munchlax back out. "My first successful capture! Welcome to the team, little guy. Now, you'll need a name, and some patching up." He pulled out a Potion, applying it to Munchlax as he talked. "You have quite the interesting file here on the Pokedex. I'm going to call you Adipose, or Addie for short."

With his injuries healed, Edison briefly returned Addie to his ball, strapping the Technical Machine to the ball. To his delight, Addie could learn Rock Smash, but he'd need to forget another move first. "Simple enough, I suppose. We won't be making much use of this 'Odor Sleuth' technique, then..." Just as Bellatrix said, the Move Machine instantly taught a new ability. He called Addie back out again, the little Pokemon looking a little dazed at first.

"Now that is interesting!" Edison looked over Addie curiously. "I can only imagine what it must be like to have knowledge beamed directly into your brain like that. Weeks of training and practice transmitted with just the press of a button! Probably tied into the digitization process of the Pokeball, so I imagine it doesn't work on humans like that. Hmm... never mind! Plenty of other things to look forward to!" He tried to pick Addie up, but the baby Pokemon was simply too heavy.

"Hmm, that won't do... just walk beside me for now, yes? Here, try out your new technique on this rock over here." Edison led Addie over to a cracked rock in the grass. Addie looked at it, remembering the process of breaking rocks with his fist. Smashing the rock revealed a small host of bugs (the benign kind often found outdoors, not Pokemon), which Addie happily devoured. He still looked hungry, though, and started looking around for more food. "My, you have quite the appetite, don't you? Not to worry, you just leave that to me."

Addie was only half paying attention, and managed to run into another Pokemon, a light purple Rattata. She didn't take kindly to that, hissing at Addie threateningly. Edison excitedly came to stand by him. "Ah, now we can see how well your new move works! Use Rock Sm-"

Before he could even finish speaking, Rattata moved faster than Edison's eyes could follow, biting Addie. Addie caught enough of the command to know what to do, striking Rattata with an overhead smash. She let go and stepped back warily. "That worked well." Edison was looking through his Holotch again. "Let's try this other move, Metronome!"

Rattata wagged her tail cutely, trying to put Addie off guard. Addie held up both hands, wagging his fingers back and forth in a rhythmic manner until they started to glow white. The glow burst into a field of static electricity, which the Pokedex identified as "Ion Deluge". "Well, that was interesting, and the name sounds cool, but I'm afraid it didn't seem to do anything. Try again."

Rattata blitzed over and struck Addie again, which Edison did not like much. Addie started the Metronome back up, his fingers glowing. The glow this time rapidly expanded into a force field that emanated from Addie, exploding on contact with Rattata. The Pokedex identified this move as 'Psystrike'. Despite his abysmal Special Attack stat, the move was powerful enough to send Rattata flying. Cutting her losses, she vanished into the grass rather than deal with Addie.

Edison was ecstatic, seeing that as an absolute win. "Oh, I think that's going to be one of my favorite moves! Well done, Addie! But, uh... let's get back to the road. I think I need to talk to Professor Wisteria before we leave."

The pair cut through the grass to save time, but just before reaching the path, they were ambushed by a tiny bird! A young Pidgey tried to peck at Edison, but he threw himself to the ground to avoid it. "Addie, use Metronome!"

Pidgey turned its attention to Addie, raking him with its talons. The glow from Addie's hands expanded out into a pair of translucent wings, then suddenly fired dozens, no... hundreds of beams of energy. The technique, Thousand Arrows, bypassed the Flying type immunity to Ground attacks, knocking Pidgey out of the air and into the grass from where it came. Noticing he was looking tired again, Edison returned Addie to his ball. "Definitely need to talk to the Professor about you..." He left the grass behind, going back toward Mahono Town.

Evily

Years

Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 2: Route 301

First Encounter and Rat Infestation

Once Momo found her grandparents and bid them farewell, she went and spoke with Professor Wisteria. The Professor was more than eager to teach her how to use the Pokedex and Holotch, showing her the features and how to scan Pokémon. She used Finn as an example, pointing the Go-Pro camera look-alike at the Mudfish Pokémon and clicked a button at the top, the Pokedex snapping a quick picture, and the information showed up from the screen, projecting a hologram, revealing his statistics, current condition, and move set. Momo was amazed, the Pokedex was capable of doing all this? So cool!

After being tutored, she waved goodbye to the Professor and went on her way, heading towards Route 301.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a couple minutes, Momo is seen walking along downhill, often glancing at the ocean view a few feet from her. Finn is in her arms, looking around and chirping at Pokémon that pass by. At first, she was thinking of catching a Pokémon, but it sounds too early to catch a Pokémon, and she needs to train Finn first before anything.

She stopped when a pair of Pidgey crashed to the ground in front of her. 'Wha-Where did they come from?! Wait, they're injured!'

"Oh no!" Momo quickly walked over and was about to check them over when one of the Pidgey sprang up and tried to peck her, but she pulled her hands back before it could. "Woah! Hold on, I'm not trying to hurt you!" The Pidgey didn't listen and cawed before jumping to fly, but flinched and landed one of its wings spread out to fly, but the other was tucked in, a bit ruffled. "Let me help you two, it's alright." Momo grabbed her bag and placed it beside her, looking for a certain potion as Finn walked over, chirping at the two new Pokémon. The Pidgey glanced over at the Mudfish Pokémon and glared before looking back at the girl when she pulled out a normal Potion, the purple spray placed in front of Momo, and a roll of bandages.

"Alright, I'm going to need to grab your friend and see what's wrong with them. Please don't peck me?" Momo hesitantly picked up the other Pidgey, not without Pidgey #1 glaring into her soul, making her sweat drop. She placed the Pidgey on her lap before carefully moving their limbs around, looking for the damage. She noticed the Tiny Bird Pokémon flinch when she touched both wings. 'So he damaged his wings, must have been painful enough for them to pass out.' She carefully spread out the wings trying not to hurt the small Pokémon and sprayed the potion on each wing, apologizing every time the Pokémon flinched. Once finished, she then wrapped bandages around the wings, about three-four times before typing them. "Alright, that should be it." At that moment, Pidgey #2 woke up and looked around, noticing its comrade and jumped over, chirping and cawing. Momo watched the two converse before Finn jumped on her shoulder, looking to their left with the fin on his head twitching.

"Finn?" Momo looked over to where her partner was looking, but saw or heard nothing. 'Finn is never wrong. His fin can detect changes in the air and water currents, in this situation, the air.' She looked back to the twin Pidgey and noticed they were looking at her. Pidgey #1 cawed and #2 chirped, the former nodding his head before turning and walking away, the latter following. "Wait, you're leaving, with those injuries? I still need to treat one of you and you both can't fly yet!" Pidgey #1 glared back, but Pidgey #2 cawed to its friend before turning and chirping at the girl. The former shook his head, but the latter pushed him towards her, motioning towards the slight ruffled wing. "Let me at least treat it first." Minutes later, Pidgey #1's wing was bandaged, but with some complications and scratches on her hands.

"Alright, everything looks good. Time for us to head out and train." Momo stood up and patted Finn, who was still on her shoulder, before turning and was about to walk away when Finn's head fin flinched a bit, the Pokémon turning in a certain direction and his eyes narrow, a small growl heard. "Finn?" Pidge #2 runs over and jumps, tugging at her dress, "Huh? Do you need something?"

"Pidge!" The Pidgey jumps around her and chirps, but Pidgey #1 walks over and pushes the twin back, squawking and shaking his head. She smiled slightly at their banter before realizing something.

"Oh! I have to make some food, we haven't eaten before the ceremony either." Momo sat on the ground using her knees and placed her bag in front of her, she went through her supplies as Finn tried to play with the Pidgey, but Pidgey #1 would either push or avoid Finn. Momo got out a checkered blanket and placed it on the ground/grass and started to bring out the utensils and food.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tada!" On the blanket was a plate of scrambled eggs with ham for Momo and three bowls, each with an assortment of poke food and berries mixed together for the Pokémon. "Dig in, you must be hungry!"

Finn immediately ran to one of the bowls closest to Momo, a light blue colored, and started to munch, chirping at the delicious taste. Pidgey #1 was glaring at the food wearily before hearing munching and turned, only to see his comrade eating out of the brown bowl. Pidgey #1 squawked at his comrade, but Pidgey #2 looked up and shook his head, chirping as much as he could with a full mouth before divulging back into the food, causing Pidgey #1 to facepalm, or wing palm.

Out of nowhere, two Rattata jumped out and tackled the two Pidgey, shocking the group. Momo immediately stood up, her plate empty of food and Finn's as well, said Pokémon immediately on guard. More Rattata appeared from the grass until about a group of 5-9 Rattata surrounded them. 'Rattats?! And a whole group of them!' Finn jumped forward and stood in front of Momo, glaring at the offending Pokémon. A bigger Rattata than the rest, most likely the leader, appeared as the other species made way, heading towards the falling Pidgeys.

The lead Rattata creeped a few inches closer before yelping as Momo jumped behind the twins and picked them up. "Hey, not them!" The leader bared before glancing at the leftover food on the bowls the Pidgey were eating before swiftly running over and eating the food just as fast. "So he just wanted the food? Or…" As soon as the leader finished eating, he turned towards the trainer and continued its path towards her, glaring at the Pidgey. He nodded his head once and the other Rattata started to close in on them, all glaring at the Pidgey as well.

"Stay Back! Finn! Spin and use Water Gun at the same time!" Finn chirped before puffing up his cheeks and squirting out a steady stream of water, spinning on his hind legs. The Rattata squeaked as they got hit by the water and backed up, some even running away, leaving about 4-5 mouse Pokémon, along with the leader, left. While this was happening, Momo used her gymnastic skills to jump over/dodge the water, but she momentarily forgot about the leader, giving him the chance to jump towards her and try to tackle the Pidgeys. She tried to shake off the mouse, but it was hot on her tail, Pidgey #2 squawking in fear since its two wings were injured and they couldn't fight. She turned and used one hand to swat away the Rattata while the other held the twin Pidgey's.

Suddenly, two of the other Rattata ran behind her legs without her notice and moved their bodies, tripping the girl, making her fall on her behind, accidentally letting go of one of the Pidgey, Pidgey #1. The Pidgey squawked when he landed, but managed to right himself up, looking back and noticing Momo using her feet to kick away the Rattata, but the leader was getting closer. He looked around and saw Finn preoccupied with two other Rattata. Wait, wasn't there one more Rattata? "Aahhh! Get off!" Pidgey #1 turned around and saw the last Rattata on the trainer's head, trying to scratch her. She kept her arms around Pidgey #2, keeping him safe, and propelled her feet in different directions to kick away any incoming Rattata, shaking her head at the same time to knock off the Rattata on her head.

"What did they do to anger them this badly?!" muttered Momo as she propelled her foot, managing to kick away one of the Rattata, but the other used Tackle and hit her arms, trying to get to the Pidgey, but she refused to let go and used one of her arms to swat the mouse away before placing her arm in its previous place. She shook her head and managed to shake off the Rattata, but it took her hat along with it. Another Rattata grabbed at her scarf, but Finn came out of nowhere and tackled the Rattata away, hissing. She tried to stand up, but the leader tackles her in the stomach, making her fall down again. She had scratches on her arms, legs, forehead, and probably a bruise on her stomach from tackles. Her clothes, mostly her sleeves, where torn in several places by the Rattata's teeth and nails.

She hears a cry and looks over, her eyes widen when she sees her partner being held down by three Rattata and the fourth about to use Tackle on him. "Don't!" She tried to crawl over using only her legs and an arm, but the leader and the fifth Rattata block her way, getting ready to use Tackle as well, but on her. She gritted her teeth, huddling her body around Pidgey #2 so it won't get injured, readying herself for more pain. 'Dang it, how can I stop them and help Finn at the same time?!'

"Pidge!" At the sudden cry, Momo glances and noticed Pidgey #1 running their way with its free wing open. 'What is he doing?! He's injured!' The leader turns and sneers before chirping at its comrades then letting out a shriek, or a call. Out of the grass, more Rattata, about five more come scurrying in, one goes to help with Momo while the other four surround Pidgey #1.

"Don't even try Pidgey! You're injured!" Momo calls, trying to reason, but the Pidgey glanced at the girl ad squawked before glaring at the Rattata, not taking the girls advice. "Pidgey! Don't!" Momo, again, tried to stand, managing to one knee and one foot, but the lead Rattata noticed and jumped at her, scratching her arms again. She flinched, but pushed away the Rattata, looking between Pidgey #1 and Finn. 'I want to go help Finn, but Pidgey is injured and he can't take four Pokémon injured!' She noticed Finn looking her way and remembered. 'That's it!'

"Finn! Ice Ball!" Finn glanced up and noticed Momo nodding towards Pidgey, and saw him being surrounded. He chirped and opened his mouth, forming a ball of ice. The Rattata around him chirped in alarm and their grip loosened, allowing Finn to swat the two Rattata behind him with his tail and hit the mouse on his left with the ice ball, said Pokémon recoiling from the pain. Finn formed another ice ball, but bigger than the last, and hit the other Rattata, gaining the same reaction. He turned and saw the two other Rattatas beside each other shaking their heads from the hit, only to look up and get hit by an even bigger ice ball. As a fourth ice ball began to form, he faced the group of Rattata surrounding Pidgey #1, who noticed Finn's incoming attack, and jumped towards Momo. The Rattata where about to follow, but they got knocked back by an ice ball. Pidgey #1 tackled one of the Rattata attacking Momo while Finn threw the Ice Ball at the leader, but said Pokémon dodged at the last second. Finn tackled the other Rattata and as the four Pokémon fought, Momo was kicking away the leader, determined to protect the injured bird.

"Get away! They've suffered enough!" The leader bared his teeth before jumping and scratching Momo's cheek, earing a quiet hiss from the girl. All the Rattata's grouped up in front of Momo with the leader beside the girl, baring his teeth. Finn was ambushed once again, but being held by three and they pushed him to the ground beside Momo as the Pidgey is left standing in front of the group.

The Pidgey watched at the leader got closer to the trainer, then looked over to his twin and saw them quivering, fearing the worst. The trainer was glaring at the Rattata, holding the bird close and using her own body as a shield a she had been, and her partner, the Mudfish, was trapped. He noticed all the wounds on the girl that she got from the Rattata from protecting his twin. He was shocked that the human would risk themselves to protect his comrade, but why? She wasn't there when the Rattata tried to steal their food, or when they fought back and got injured? She wasn't there when they ran away to protect themselves? She did help with their injuries, but that's it! She didn't have to, but she is still here, protecting them? Why?

As Pidgey #1 was thinking, he didn't notice an arm wrapping around him and pulled him close to a warm chest. Snapping out of though, the bird was shocked to see himself being protected by the human with his comrade beside him. The leader noticed that both birds where in the arms of the human and ordered all the Rattata, except for four to keep Finn at bay, to attack the girl. All the mouse, except for four who were holding Finn back and preventing him from attacking by holding him down and making sure to not let him open his mouth, jumped and started to scratch and bite Momo, but she bend over and covered the two with her body, exposing her back.

Finn was struggling with the Rattata, but was unable to escape, they held his mouth close to refrain from him attacking like before and kept his tail down. He needed to protect Momo, but they were in his way! He sensed a disturbance in the air, his head fin flinching, and looking towards the disturbance, noticing it was coming from Momo!

Pidgey #1 was slowly shaking, gaining the attention of his comrade who looked at him, confused and concerned. Why? Why? Why? Humans didn't like them! They only wanted the strong Pokémon! They didn't want to trouble themselves with training so they leave them, the weak, behind! They shouldn't care! So why?! A chirp caused him to look at his twin and noticed the look in his eyes, reflecting what he wanted to say. This human was different? Could she be one of the few that actually believed in them? He was taught that all humans were bad, but was this one really? He looked up to the human and noticed the pained look, but she held back the whimpers. No, she was different, she is giving herself up to protect them, a pair of weak Pokémon, small weak birds! She...cared….

Finn was shocked when he saw Pidgey #1 force himself out of the girl's hold and fly to land on her head...wait...fly?! The Mudfish noticed that the bandages on the injured wing were nowhere to be seen, must have been loosened during the battle. Pidgey #1 flapped his wings and cawed loudly, the air currents around him changing even more!

Momo got to her knees and held Pidgey #2 with one hand, the other moving to grab Pidgey #1, but she stopped, noticing Finn's steel gaze on said bird and his head fin twitching, something was triggering it! She heard flaps and looked up, only to gape as she saw Pidgey #1 keeping himself float above her, his wing was alright?! But wasn't it injured just awhile ago?! Pidgey #1 cawed loudly before rapidly flapping his wings, releasing a stream of light blue 'X' shaped blades from the tip of his wings. Momo held Pidgey #2 close as the wind around her bustled around, hearing the cries of the Rattata as they got hit by the move. She was shocked, Pidgey #1 knew Air Cutter?! All the Rattata where either badly injured, ran away at the sight of defeat, or were knocked out. The leader was just as injured but stayed standing. Pidgey #1 ended his move and slowly flapped down, landing in front of Momo huffing, flinching when he moved his injured wing. So his wing hasn't healed yet, but he still used it!

The leader was enraged, he noticed most of his underlings were badly injured like him or knocked out, the cowards running away. He bared his teeth and was about to jump at Pidgey #1 when the flapping of wings was heard, but not just one pair, but multiple!

Momo glanced around when she heard wings flapping, holding the two injured Pokémon close. She heard a chirp and saw Finn free and jumping to her side, checking her over. She placed down the injured birds and picked her partner up, noticing his injuries. Suddenly, the tall grass around them moved, catching the attention of all the Pokémon and the trainer. They looked and the flapping of wings got even louder, only for a group (about 5-9) of Pidgey to fly out of the grass and surround the group. The leader was about to command, but the other Rattata fled the scene, not wanting to get injured anymore, leaving the leader alone. He stared at where his comrades went, looked back at the small bird army, and fled.

Momo sighed, letting herself fall back. She head Finn chirp worriedly, but placed a hand on his head, comforting him. She was tired, in pain, aching all over, but she still needed to care for her partner and check over the two Pidgey twins. She heard noises and sat up, with some hesitation, and saw all the Pidgey grouped together and around the twins, chirping here and there. She smiled before slowly getting on her feet, with Finn standing beside her, waiting. She watched as the Pidgey reunite with their lost members before closing her eyes and turning away, pushing the grass apart to walk through. Finn looked back, catching the eye of the twin Pidgey before turning and running after Momo, never looking back.

Momo continued to walk until she got to the dirt road leading down the route. She glanced back for a second before shaking her head and walking down the dirt path, placing her beret back on her head. She heard chirping behind her and turned, noticing the Pidgey herd behind her with the twins in front. She was confused, but watched as Pidgey #2 chirped at its twin before using his head to push him forward, making him stumble a bit. Pidgey #1 turned and squawked and shook his head, but the other Pidgey chirped and motioned him forward. He glanced at the group, then at his twin, who nodded his head and squawked back. Pidgey #1 looked at them for awhile before shaking his head and nodding before turning and walking up to Momo, who had turned and kneeled down, Finn looking at said Pokémon curiously.

"Is there something you need?" Pidgey #1 chirped before two of the Pidgey from the group walked up, rolling a pokeball towards her. "What the… Did it fall out of my bag during the scuffle?" She watched as the two Pidgey rolled it to her feet before going back to the group, Pidgey #1 motioning towards the Pokeball then to her, repeating the notions over. "Pokeball...Me… do you...want me to capture you? To join us?" Pidgey #1 nodded and motioned towards the Pokeball again, looking at her with determined eyes. She grabbed the pokeball and just as she did, Pidgey #1 taped the white button with his beak, allowing the ball to absorb him in a white light. The ball moved in her hand for awhile before growing still, announcing the capture. "A Pidgey, huh? Interesting." She opened the ball and allowed her new Pokémon to come out, earning a squawk in return.

"I think … I'll name you Pidge. You're a male, right?" She questioned as Finn jumped down and jumped around his new friend, chirping happily. Pidge nodded before looking at Finn, confused. "You're very serious and stubborn, huh?" Momo commented recalling the events they just went through. She stood up and looked behind the two Pokémon, noticing the heard of Pidgey were gone. 'When did they…? I never heard their wings, but…' She turned back around, Finn immediately jumping onto her shoulder and Pidge landed on her other, '...I made a new friend. And time to train...wait, I need to find a place to rest and bandage my Pokemon and myself first...'

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :
374.png

Chapter 1 - 2
Catching Up With The Family

After realizing about his forgotten plans, Arthur had decided to visit his foster parent and lecturer Kirk Hope's house. Mr. Kirk is a skillful pokemon handler, he had traveled around the world once as a trainer back during his youth and decided to put his skills up to use at the School.

"Well, his house isn't that far away, so maybe i could just... Wait a minute, he should be tidying up his desk and belongings remaining at the school right now. Maybe i'll try and see if he's still in his office." Arthur decided to make a u-turn and opts to check his office instead.

After a while he reached the front of Kirk's office, he could smell the faint aroma of tea. It was enough proof for Arthur that his foster father is in his office. "Uncle Kirk, you're in?"

"Nope, i'm obviously not. Please come later." The statement could be heard with slight cackle in the voice.

"Geez, still the same as ever... I'm coming in." As Arthur opened the door, he could see two adults, man and woman sitting next to each other about to eat their lunch in the room. The room was very messy filled with papers scattered everywhere and machine cords sprawling at most of the room's floor.

"And who said you can enter, young man? Now sit and we'll discuss your punishment." The man saying the sentence with a contradicting smiling face is Kirk Hope. He is a lanky man with hawaiian shirt, brown shirt and shoes, glasses, and oversized lab coat on top of his shirt. Contrary to his scrawny appearance he is quite a researcher on the subject of pokemon research which already publicized on various magazines. However outside of his researching prowess, he is quite a klutz causing unintended issues here and there when Arthur and him live together.

"Um.. Sir, isn't this room supposed to be vacant now? Why the heck are you trespassing?" Arthur tried to make a witty retort against his foster father.

"Haha, enough you two... just sit here Dear, we're about to eat our lunch. Would you like some? I cooked some of your favorite too just in case you come here." The gentle voice came from Ingrid Hope, Kirk's wife and fellow lecturer in the academy. She is very gentle, calm, and graceful woman who wore a pink shirt and matching skirt, also with red shoes. She also wore a white flower hairpin. She and Kirk has been married only for two months.

"Thanks Aunt Ingrid, you're the best. Unlike a certain someone here that even my father quoted as 'insufferable'." Arthur said while taking his share of fried chicken.

"Hey, no fair! It was back when i was travelling with your father... Now it's... Eh, maybe a little? Hahaha..." Kirk was Arthur's father travel companion while they're still young trainers, Eric told Arthur stories about how Kirk would anger a wild pokemon that led them into a wild chase, how Kirk would accidentally anger a biker and led the biker to deck Eric instead. However, Arthur's father also told how Kirk was a superb battler back in his heyday, Kirk even managed to beat 2 Hoenn Elite Four members at the league before failing to beat Arthur's Grandfather. Kirk was also told to have a knack on research and observation since early on which managed to help them out of bad situations quite often, even if the bad situations were caused by Kirk himself.

"Back then!? You don't remember how much i had to suffer just because you want to convey your feelings to Mrs. Ingrid? Like that one time that we had to find a rare flower cause you really want to give it to her? Yes we managed to reach the flower, but because we picked it up a bunch of Combees were attacking us. Oh and not to mention you accidentally sprained your legs while running and i had to piggyback you while we ran to safety, and that's not the last of our troubles, for some reasons you forgot your pokeballs and we couldn't fight back. You made me skip three days of school thanks to all of those sting wounds.. Not to mention, that another incident when--" Arthur's rambling was cut off by an embarassed Mr.Kirk.

"Shush Kiddo, we're in front of her, I have to save face you know."

Hearing her husband's complain, Mrs. Ingrid couldn't help but laugh at the situation "Haha... You're always such a klutz, Kirk..."

"Aw, come on not you too, Honey." Mr. Kirk can't help but dryly smile at his predicament. However, he suddenly turned serious and started to ask Arthur "So when you're going on your journey? Some people already left the school already you know. Honestly, i would recommend you to go to Ms. Bellatrix first... I heard she gave out a TM for those that would demonstrate their ability for last time at the academy. Maybe you should pay her a visit?" Kirk then sipped the tea already brewed by his wife.

"Ah, about that... Braveheart unfortunately is still asleep, which is why i didn't release him out of his pokeball right now. Can't even battle with sleeping pokemon you know? While for your first question... I think i'll be going at night, i'll try my luck on finding Hoothoot to catch, as i heard they're pretty reliable at night."

"That's a good idea Dear, i wish you well on your journey. Hey Kirk, didn't you have something to give to Arthur?" Ingrid tried to give signs to Kirk.

Kirk who was currently swallowing his Tempura accidentally choked while trying to speak. "Cough... Cough... Ah yes, i almost forgot..." Kirk rummages a bag near him and took out a bent spoon.

"Uh, you're giving me a bent spoon? Really? I could just buy one at the market if i need a spoon Uncle."

"Shush, Arthur. This is Twisted Spoon, it's one heck of an item... It boost psychic power, it ain't a regular dollar shop utensils you know... As much as i would've rather give you one instead." Kirk slightly chuckled

"Okay I'll trust you, I'll make the most of it responsibly... Hey, can i make a request to you both?"

Arthur's sudden request surprised both of his foster parents.

"Uh... What is it Arthur? It's better not be something strange." Kirk tried to crack another joke at his foster child.

Arthur was rather hesitant on saying his request, but at the urging of both of his foster parents he then relented. "Eh, it's embarrassing but... Can you both stay here waiting with me? The night is still long away and i kinda want to spend the remaining time here with both of you, so... please?" Arthur the tilted his hat downward as he was too embarrassed to meet the gaze of his foster parents.

The room suddenly become silent, all while his foster parents were stunned at the pure wish of their foster child. Ingrid who was sitting next to Arthur stands up from her seat and hugged him. "Teehee... I thought you would never ask, Dear."

"Aw... A group hug. Here, let me join..." As Kirk was going to where both Arthur and Ingrid is, he tripped at one of the wire on the floor leaving him to fell face first. "What did i do to deserve this?"

The entire room laughed and it continues until night eventually came.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continued in part 1-3
Hunter of The Night

Last edited:
Years
Freya Lundgren
Route 301 |
653MS.png
| The first encounter
☀️​
"Leaving Mahono Town, please come again," Freya read the sign out. "Well," she prepped herself, taking a giant stride into Route 301, "here we go!"

Of course, she wasn't the only one on the route - already there were several of her classmates on the route. For once, the route seemed lively. Every time she had passed it prior, no one seemed to walk on the route, only the occasional wild Pidgey flying around. That too meant that the liveliness was leaving Mahono at the same time.

"Alright, so let's see what we've got here..." Freya rummaged through her yellow bag, pushing aside Pokéballs and Potions. "Aha!" Freya pulled out her Pokédex, "let's see how this gizmo works."

She pointed at Felix, clicking a button on the apparatus, only for it to flash at her instead. A disappointed projection of Wisteria appeared before her, almost startling Freya. "Usually people use the Pokédex on Pokémon, not themselves," the projection chimed humorously.

Even for a pre-recorded message, Freya felt embarrassed as she watched Felix snicker. "Well, aren't you cheeky?" She reached over to grab the Pokémon, but he bolted off ahead.

"Oi, come back here you scoundrel!" Freya chased after the Fennekin, straight into a cluster of thick tall grass. Within an instant, it seemed like he had disappeared. Freya treaded through the grass, trying to peer through it to find her Pokémon.

Then, something caught her attention. A rustling sound ahead - the sound of a Pokémon moving through the grass.

"I've got you now, Felix!" Freya launched herself at the him, diving into the grass. As soon as she felt his fur, she lifted him up in the air, triumphant as her body hit the grass. Except, when she looked up, it wasn't Felix at all. This Pokémon had a cream-coloured body and purple limbs, unlike anything Freya had seen before. Its fur, unlike Felix's, was short and bristly. It flailed about in Freya's grip, trying to gnaw at her hands.

"What in the world – ow!" the purple Pokémon finally got its chance to bite Freya, scampering away. "Felix!" Freya shouted, a little irritated as she looked down at her left hand, a clear red mark left by the wild Pokémon.

The Fire Fox Pokémon leaped up from the grass, snarling at the purple assailant. "Go get it!" Freya pointed at it, "Ember!" Bouncing off Freya, a fiery glow grew in the Fennekin's mouth before a short burst of flame spiralled towards the wild Pokémon. The ball of fire hit the Pokémon square on back, in response to which it jumped back at Felix, ramming its body into it with a mighty tackle.

"Hang on," Freya rummaged through her bag, trying to find her Pokédex again. While the Pokémon didn't look exotic, it definitely wasn't native to Kalos. Felix turned to look at her grumpily, getting pelted by another tackle.

"Alright, alright, give it a Tackle back!" Freya commanded, taking out her Pokédex at last. She aimed it carefully at the Pokémon, ready to snap the button. As soon as her finger pushed down on the button, Felix dived in front of the Pokémon hitting it with the tackle.

"Felix!" Freya groaned, looking at the hologram of Fennekin pop-up. A static-y version of Wisteria's voice chimed in response, "Fennekin. The Fox Pokémon. As it walks, it munches on a twig in place of a snack. It intimidates opponents by puffing hot air out of its ears."

"Huh. Did not know that," Freya looked back at Felix, who bore down on the Pokémon as its ears twitched, now clearly puffing out hot air. "Alright, Ember again!" Felix charged up another ball of heat in its mouth, landing it directly on the Pokémon. If it was doing fine, it definitely wasn't anymore. Felix jumped up, yipping happily as it dragged the Pokémon by the tail to Freya – it had well and truly fainted.

"Alright, Pokédex, let's do this again," Freya pointed it at the unconscious Pokémon. "Rattata. The Mouse Pokémon. Will chew on anything with its fangs. If you see one, you can be certain that 40 more live in the area."

"A Rattata, huh?" Freya reached into her bag, pulling out a Pokéball. She lightly bonked it on the small Pokémon's head, which sucked it into the ball. She could feel the Pokéball vibrate twice in her hand, followed by a click. It was caught.

"Rat-tada!" Freya lifted up the Pokéball, triumphant. Felix, in response, gave her an unimpressed look. "Hey, don't judge me, you're the one who eats sticks!"

Felix leapt up, pulling a twig out of Freya's hair and started munching on it. "Huh?" Freya ran her fingers through her hair, watching leaves and twigs fall out as the duo began walking down Route 301.

"They must have gotten in when I jumped at the Rattata," she sighed, sensing a little disdain from Felix, who probably thought that it was an insult to confuse him for a Rattata. "It's going to take an eternity to brush this out."

The two continued to walk down the dirt path, watching the glistening sea on their right as they were ready to see more of what Route 301 had to offer.

Last edited:

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :
374.png

Chapter 1-3
Hunter of the Night

After spending much of his time on the lab with both of his foster parents, the night has came and it's already the time for Arthur to start his journey.

"Be careful okay? Don't forget to call us through Holotch if you need anything," Said Ingrid appears to be worried.

"Don't worry Aunt Ingrid, I'll be fine, I'll call sometimes. Bye, you both. Wish me luck."

"Actually... Uh... I think you might have to postpone your goodbye Arthur. There's something i need you to do first." Kirk stopped Arthur's farewell speech.

"What? Did you broke the DNA analyzer again? But i just replaced the parts of it one week ago... You didn't accidentally douse it with your coffee, right?" Arthur was skeptic at Kirk's remarks.

"No, no, no. It will never happen... Maybe... Anyways, i need to ask you for a favor. I need you to retrieve a specimen for me to analyze, the specimen is actually on my acquaintance's possession, so i need you to bring it here."

"So i'm being a courier now? Honestly i don't mind but wouldn't it be faster if you just ride on your Skarmory instead?" Arthur was confused at the task as Kirk has one of the fastest flying pokemon available in his possession.

"Honestly, i do want to do that too. But there's two issue on that, first i have to handle few papers here and there, being a researcher is no joking business you know? That and the fact that Skarmory ride now is taking a toll on my back made me have some reservations on it" Kirk looked away as he realized he was starting to get old and wryly smile.

"Besides Dear, he already told your acquaintance that you'll be the one who will be coming there. You will be staying at his house for one day as he arrange the specimen to be moved." Ingrid interjected at Kirk's statement.

"Geez... That means i didn't have a chance to refuse anyway, no? Well, not like i would've refused either actually, may i get his address Uncle?" Arthur resigned at the fact that he had to make a trip back to Mahono before he could continue his journey.

"Yup, you have no choice at all kiddo." Kirk laughed. "Well you could choose to relax at Nashimity Town first before you deliver the specimen to me, as long as it arrives tomorrow it will be all fine."

"Fine then, i supposed that it's time for me to leave. I'll be seeing you later, Uncle Kirk, Aunt Ingrid." Arthur smiled at his foster parents.

"Sure thing Kiddo, have fun!" Kirk appears to be happy to saw his foster child happily embarks to Nashimity Town.

Arthur waved back at both of his foster parents and immediately prepared his Pokeball. "Go, Braveheart!" A levitating Beldum immediately came out of the ball as soon as Arthur threw his Pokeball in the air.

"Well, honestly I've planned out this area. According to my plan, we should be able to reach the next city quickly enough even if we're going to hunt Hoothoot all night. There's only a slight danger of meeting a pack of Pidgeys, but eh as long as we're careful we're able to go to Nashimity Town without any injuries. I'm trusting you on here, pal." Arthur patted the head of his Beldum, which responded with confidence in it's eye.

The pair scanned their surroundings helped with Arthur's binoculars he kept on his bag for any Hoothoot. For 30 minutes they searched almost all of the nook and cranny they passed for any Hoothoot or signs of it. Until they found one that's currently feeding on a berry in a tree high up above, thankfully they were on quite of a distance with the Hoothoot so it had not realized that there were two hunters waiting to hunt it down. The pair decided to execute a sneak attack in order to catch it off guard. However as soon as Beldum get into it's position and attempted to do a Take Down, the Hoothoot effortlessly dodge Beldum's attack as it already knew that the Iron Ball Pokemon would attempt to ambush it.

"Tch, ambush failed. Beldum, Zen Headbutt!"

Beldum's head glows purple as it tried to pin down the Owl Pokemon once and for all, which unfortunately still easily dodged by the Hoothoot. The Hoothoot squawked as it was mocking Beldum for its inability to attack it. Two more attempts was done with Take Down, however the only thing the attempts did was crashing Beldum to nearby trees. Even after those two failures, Beldum still chased the Hoothoot who responded with mocking sounds. Seeing this, Arthur thought that this was going nowhere.

"What should i do? I really want that Hoothoot, but more Take Downs and the only Pokemon that'll fell in this battle is Beldum. Arghh.. What to do.. What to do." Arthur's eyes keeps looking around trying to found inspiration that would keep Hoothoot down until his gaze were fixed into the branch were Hoothoot was initially perched. "Aha, i have a plan." He found a window of opportunity when Hoothoot was looking at Beldum behind his back and used it to climb the tree. "Beldum, Come here!"

Beldum was shocked hearing the voice of its trainer, but it scurried away from the heat of the battle to the side of Arthur. Hoothoot was confused and moved its gaze to the sound source where it saw an infuriating scene.

"Hey Birdie! Is this yours!?" Arthur shouted at the bird while holding the berries it was trying to eat.

Obviously the Hoothoot was furious and immediately stormed to attack the culprit. However Beldum intervened in front of it's trainer, making his head glowed purple for a Zen Headbutt if the Hoothoot was brave enough to attack. Hoothoot quickly stopped and instead choose to perch in the edge of the branch, causing a standoff between it and Arthur.

"I'm not here to hurt you Pal, i just want you to join my journey... Will you?" Says Arthur while raising a berry, a sign that he wants a truce between him and Hoothoot

Beldum then move aside, allowing Hoothoot to see eye-to-eye with Arthur. Hoothoot was hesitant at first, after all this guy was the one that tried to interrupt its lunch. However, due to the interest of Hoothoot that no one had ever done this and the fact that it doesn't look like Hoothoot had anything more to lose, Hoothoot relented and ate the berry Arthur held in his hand. It then decides to stand still on the perch, signalling Arthur to catch it.

"Thanks Pal, i owe you one." Arthur then threw a Pokeball he had on his backpack and... "1...2...3...Click..." Hoothoot is officially a member of Arthur's party.

Arthur then threw the Pokemon back out, willing to see what it's capable of due to it managed to outsmart Beldum.

"I'm sorry Hoothoot, but i'm keen to see what are you capable to do. If you managed to do well, i'll give you another berry." Arthur tried to coax Hoothoot.

Hoothoot was very excited at the prospect of eating another berry, and it was also very keen to show that its trainer caught a great Pokemon. It immediately able to pinpoint the location of a nearby Rattata sneaking around and stormed to attack it. The Rattata was surprised that a bird came to hunt on it, but instead choose to fight with its claws. However, even if Hoothoot was slower than Rattata it was far more sly and opt to tire the faster and stronger Rattata out, rather than having a frontal battle.

After awhile, Hoothoot starts to target Rattata's legs with Peck, and after a third one left Rattata vulnerable for finishing blows from Hoothoot. Arthur was speechless watching the merciless display by Hoothoot as it dismantled Rattata methodically, which left him open to Hoothoot flying back and ate the Berry he held in his fingers.

"... I'm definitely calling you Hunter."

Hunter was very happy with his newly obtained name and the fact that it managed to show its prowess to its new trainer, and now it decided to proudly perch on his newfound master all along the way. They all then traveled awhile along the trail, finally reaching Nashimity Town.

"I wonder what tomorrow will have in store for us." Arthur looked up to the stars looking expectant at what future will bring to him. Not knowing he was in the start of one hell of a journey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1 End

Last edited:

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Both Graslan and Rosa stared at the rustling grass intensely.

"Budewwwwww" Rosa quietly mumbled as she steadied her feet, ready to strike whatever hops out at her.

Beep….Beep. Graslan's Holotch started beeping slowly as a Rattata leapt out of the grass, running while looking over its shoulder, toward the new trainer. The Rattata crashed into Graslan and jumped back, startled and angry.

"So clicking Hoppip summons Rattata?" Beep.…Beep Graslan stuffed the Holotch into one of the pockets of his overalls and stared down at the purple rat.

"Well hey there, did something scare you?" Rosa walked up to the wild pokémon and tapped it on the tail.

The startled Rattata leapt at Graslan and rammed into his knee then started to run around him.

"Ok guess we're fighting. Rosa lay down a perimeter with Spikes!" Rosa nodded to her trainer and spun around, launching tiny glowing white caltrops out into a circle. Graslan dropped to his knees as some of the spikes flew toward his face. He gave her a disapproving look to which she responded by stopping her spin and sticking her tongue out. Graslan shook his head and hopped outside the ring of spikes, wincing as one mysteriously threw itself out of the ground and into his leg. Beep…Beep

"Ow! Dang it!" Graslan hopped around on one foot as he tried to yank the spike out of his leg.

'Buh-uh-uh-dew!" Rosa fell over laughing. The sound drew Rattata's attention to her and it tackled her. Rosa leapt up and slowly walked toward the Rattata.

"Dew! Budew dew Budew!" She slowly approached the rodent, sassing it as her body began glowing green.

Beep…Beep Graslan pulled out his pokédex to check Rosa's status.

"Ah, so that's what Growth looks like."

The young bud backed the Rattata into a spike, sticking one into its tail. The normal type whipped around and struck Rosa with its now spiked tail. Budew flew back and huffed as she stood up. The Rattata charged her and she responded by side-stepping and tripping it with her foot. Rattata rolled close the edge of the pseudo-arena and turned around again, scrapping its front paw on the ground as if it were a Tauros.

Beep..Beep Just as the Rattata began running at Rosa, the wind picked up and blew sand in the rat's face, changing its course. Rosa turned to follow it with her eyes before firing a red beam of light from her bud. The beam struck the wild pokémon and began draining energy.

Beepbeepbeepbeep! Graslan's Holotch began beeping faster and louder as the wind gradually picked up in speed. Just as Graslan was about to call out another command to Rosa the gust of wind stopped and two Hoppip dropped from the sky, each landing on one of the already battling pokémon. Graslan's eyes opened wide in surprise.

"I guess it summons Hoppip after all." He shrugged and put the Holotch away.

"Rosa, Growth!" The baby plant pushed the Hoppip off of her and glowed green again. Meanwhile her previous opponent had already began picking a fight with one of the new challengers.

"Rosa, Growth again!" Rosa looked at her trainer confused but obeyed his command. Hoppip #1 hopped around on the ground in front of her. Rosa rolled her eyes and kicked the cottonweed pokémon away. The Hoppip rolled away then hopped back up and glared at Rosa. Its body shook and then a red beam shot from the leaves on its head and struck Rosa.

"Growth! One more time!"

Rosa looked at Graslan and shook her head. "Dew dew budew dew!"

"Just trust me!"

Rosa rolled her eyes then let her boy glow green one last time. She started to shake as she finally felt her energy being drained away.

"Now, Absorb!" Graslan called out watching intensely as the two grass types exchanged attacks. Rosa fired an absorbing beam at Hoppip and felt some of her strength returning. Graslan glanced over and saw Rattata biting Hoppip #2 while being bitten by Hoppip #2 in return. He raised a single eyebrow at the sight but returned his attention to Rosa. Rosa had gained the upper leaf in the absorb vs absorb match and Hoppip gave up its assault. Rosa puffed out her chest with pride before looking confused as the leaves on the pink pokémon's body began to glow white.

"Rosa, fling the spikes!" Rosa looked at Graslan then nodded before jumping backwards over the spike line. She winced as a spike shot up and struck her in the back but steadied herself so as not to fall. She positioned herself behind a spike and kicked it, aiming straight for her opponent. The spiked damaged Rosa slightly but flew toward its intended target, Hoppip. The spike struck the pink plant in the face, disrupting its synthesis. Rosa hopped around the ring kicking a volley of spikes toward her opponent.

"Ok, now turn our attention back to Rattata with Absorb!"

Hoppip #2 had flipped Rattata onto its back and began slapping it in the face. Rattata responded with a Tail Whip. The purple tail brushed against Hoppip's face, causing it to sneeze and lose the high ground and Rattata rolled it back over, biting it on the head. Rosa hopped back into the ring, wincing as another spike struck her, and aimed another Absorb at Rattata. The red beam drained the last of Rattata's energy and it lay limp over Hoppip #2. As Rosa took a quick breather, Hoppip #1 began flying over to attack but another gust of wind came through and swept the Hoppip away. Hoppip #2 started to slide with the wind but the weight of Rattata kept it pinned down.

Rosa hopped over, preparing to start kicking Spikes at the trapped Hoppip but Graslan stopped her. As the wind died down Graslan walked up and knelt down in front of the Hoppip.

"Here" He lifted the weakened Rattata off of Hoppip and layed the small rat down.

"Well, I don't know where your friend went but would you like to come with me?" Graslan held out a hand with a poké ball. The small creature looked at Graslan then at the sky.

"Hoppip?"

Graslan followed the pokémon's gaze then looked down at it.

"I don't know if we'll find him. Arceus knows where the winds have taken him. But perhaps if you come with me, we may find him again."

Hoppip looked at the ground for a bit as it contemplated the offer.

"Pip hoppip!" Hoppip joyfully agreed, seeing as its only other option was drifting away in the wind alone. Some pollen blew off Rosa's bud and into Hoppip's face, making it sneeze again.

"I'd call you sniffles but I don't think you'd care for that." Graslan laughed as the small pokémon shook its body. "Hmm. What about… Tara? How does that sound?"

Hoppip hopped up and down in agreement.

"Great, Tara it is. Nice to have you on the team." Graslan clicked the ball to enlarge it and Tara tapped the button, letting herself get captured. Graslan tucked the ball away into a pocket then motioned to the unconscious Rattata.

"Mind using growth to share some of your energy?"

Rosa obliged by conentrating her green glow into a beam of light the rejuvenated the purple rat. Rattata's eyes shot open and it bolted into the tall grass.

"Well that was odd. But at least we have a new teammate" Graslan looked down to Rosa who smiled back.

"Any idea what else this thing does?" He held out his Holotch to Rosa.

"Budew". Rosa shrugged as well as an armless plant can then skipped down the path.

"Ok seriously Rosa, you can't keep walking off without me!" Graslan hopped up and followed the adventurous plant down the road.

Years
Name: Kira Wolf || Location: Route 301 || Team:
latest

Day: One || Time: Afternoon

A plan set in motion?

Slowly, Kira took her first few steps onto route 301 as the morning sun just began to crest above the village she was leaving behind. In a way it felt strange, this was far from her first time traveling this road alone, and this time she doesn't even need to worry about being caught sneaking out! Theoretically it shouldn't be this exciting, yet the thought of taking her first few steps as a real Pokémon trainer was a feeling she could hardly contain. It seemed ironic that the last time Kira felt this excited was when she first arrived at the academy in the first place.

Taking the time to look around, it appears she wasn't the only one to get an early start on their adventure, many other new trainers she graduated with were already out meeting with their new partners, a few of them training off the local wild Pokémon. There was a lot of competition for sure, however Kira had a plan. Months in advance she had the perfect spot scouted out and, unless someone else has managed to find it, she should be able to find exactly what she was looking for there. Ready to set it into motion she picked up her pace along the path.

********​

After about an hour of walking Kira finally spotted her landmark, a tree with a large, burned scar along the side of it. Kira never found out exactly how it got there but figured it was caused by someone in last year's class. From that tree she walked forward about fifty more paces and took an immediate left into the grass. A bit further forward and she found exactly what she was looking for, a small clearing dominated by a rather old looking tree. Kneeling in the grass in attempt to not be seen she quickly scouted the area out for what she was looking for.

"Let's see here, it usually likes to hang around the lower… There you are!" Kira muttered to herself, fumbling through her bag for her new Pokédex. Making sure the volume was all the way down first, she scanned the pink, sprout looking Pokémon who was nesting on one of the branches. "There it is, a Hoppip, just like always. He must really like this spot…"

As quietly as she could manage, she reached for Azure's pokéball and freed him with a bright flash of pink light. As the small ball seal began to cheer though Kira quietly shushed him, warning him to be quiet. "Alright, here the plan little guy. It might be a grass type but you have a clear advantage, if we play it safe, we should be able to catch it rather easily. Got it?" she whispered, hoping Azure picked up on at least a bit of that. Azure, who just seemed absolutely thrilled to be there, just happily clapped in response.

"Shhh! Alright, before it spots you go ahead and use Aqua ring." Kira commanded. Azure quickly complied, drawing moisture from the air which after a moment formed three sparkling rings of water. Satisfied with its work Azure gave a loud, happy bark which despite Kira's protests managed to alert the Hoppip nesting in the tree.

Feeling threatened by these unfamiliar trespassers, the frightened Hoppip released a light green ring of energy from it's body, enriching the nearby plant life as it prepared to either fight or fly.

Kira gave a bit of a disappointed grunt as the Hoppip was alerted by their presence, figuring subterfuge was no longer an option, she hopped to her feet and took a more commanding stance. "Quick! Before it has time to do anything else use powdered snow!" Azure, more than happy to comply, rolls forward into the clearing and puffs a small burst of snow into the Hoppip's direction, scoring a direct hit!

The Hoppip just barely managed to endure the small flurry of snow. Not interested in sticking around for another one it quickly shoots a small collection of white, puffy cotton balls at Azure before allowing itself to be picked up by the wind, preparing to flee.

"No you don't! Quick, Azure! Powdered snow one more time!" Kira called out confidently. Azure however was having a bit of difficulty freeing itself from the cotton where by the time it was able to make a clear shot, the wind managed to pick up and carry off the wild hoppip, Azure's strike hitting the tree it was nesting in instead.

Kira gave a bit of a disappointed sigh as the Hoppip gently floated away in the breeze, Azure still fighting to free itself from the rest of the cotton in the area. "Oh well, at least you got a bit of targ…" Kira began to say before the sound of rustling tree leaves interrupted her. From the spot in the tree where Azure's attack hit burst out not only an unhappy ratatta, but a disgruntled pidgey as well. Each of their respective fur and feathers seeming a bit frosted from the wayward attack.

"The he… Azure use Defense Curl!" Kira stammered out, panicking at the new arrivals. She wasn't expecting this to turn into a two vs one just like that. Azure sensing the panic in Kira's voice quickly curled up into a ball, giving a bit of an unsure whimper.

The unlikely duo of wild pokemon wasted no time and charged forward towards the cowering spheal, ramming into Azure. Thanks to his defensive stance he seemed to take the attack, albeit not very well.

"Um, uh…" Kira stuttered, now fully unsure of what to do at this point. She could try to flee but Azure was caught up in all that cotton and if memory served her right, rattata was rather fast. With no time to think, Kira gave a bit of a sigh, mustering the last bit of confidence she had. "Azure fight it out! Powder snow!" she called out. Maintaining his defense, Azure held his ground and shot forward another flurry of snow at the two Pokémon. The shimmering rings of water slowly healing his wounds as he attempted to push his aggressors away from him.

The wild rattata seemed to endure the buffet of snow rather well however the same couldn't be said for the pidgey. While still conscious, its wing was completely frozen over, leaving it no way to move easily. While unfortunate for it, the rattata still revolved to take down these aggressors and charged forward slamming once again into Azure.

Azure was looking exhausted at this point, despite the healing from aqua ring he seemed rather roughed up. Kira was unsure if he could stand up to another attack at this rate, he can't flee quickly though, what other option was there but to fight it out? Kira tensed up as she thought what to do, meanwhile Azure and the rattata were squaring off, waiting for the other to make a move. Without thinking Kira pulled a small blue bottle from her bag and ran forward in front of Azure, startling the ratatta in the process. Ignoring the rat pokemon's hissing she quickly as she could sprayed the contents of the bottle on Azure, rapidly healing his wounds in the process.

The rattata, not happy about Kira's interference prepares to charge at Kira's leg however as it approached it was struck by a stream of water from Azure, knocking it on its hind legs.

"T-Thanks" Kira stammered out. Tossing aside the potion bottle, Kira scrambled back behind Azure ready to take command for Azure once again.

Roughed up and realizing Azure is completely revitalized, the rattata scampered back onto it's feet and retreated into the tall grass to lick its wounds. Forfeiting its territory in the process.

While the Rattata was fleeing and the pidgey was giving them dirty looks from where it was laying half frozen, Kira took the chance to free Azure from his cotton prison and flee back to the road herself. Cutting her losses and getting out of there before the situation got any worse.

A short moment later Kira collapsed next to Azure in the middle of the road, taking a much needed break to catch her breath. After a while she looked down and gave Azure a bit of an apologetic look. "That… Yeah…" She sighed, unsure of what to say. "Well, I guess I can say it could have gone worse… Can't say I planned for that at all though."

Kira reached out and patted Azure on the head who only replied with a big goofy smile. "Well, Unless I can come up with something soon looks like it's just gonna be the two of us for awhile." She said returning Azure's goofy smile. "Although, we're going to have to work on your aim before we take on anything else…"

Last edited:
Years
Nashimity Town

After the long descent down from Route 301, you've finally arrived in Nashimity Town. Although it's another seaside town, it feels completely different from Mahono. Rather than being wedged between hills, Nashimity is built on flat terrain, almost at the sea level. The roofs of buildings are composed of orange terracotta tiles, much unlike the style of the rest of Kinyo as the town's urban planning had been designed by a Kalosian architect over 100 years ago, when the town was the residence of foreigners residing in Kinyo before they'd head out into the region or out to Hoenn or Johto. People like to keep daruma dolls by their windows, as occasionally Darumaka can be seen wandering through the town.

The town is almost square-ish, with a small fountain at the centre and four main paths extending outwards. The eastward one goes to Route 301 and the northward one faces a small wooden pier, while the westward path heads onwards to Route 302 and the southward path leads to Wisteria's lab.

Despite being a small seaside town, Nashimity has a lot to offer: it has a small museum to check out near the centre of the town, your basic Pokécenter and mart as well as a berry market set up along the pier. Of course, Wisteria's lab can also be found to the south, which is a similar built building to the rest of the town, although built into the side of a cliff. Around the town there are berry trees (feel free to pick some!) - Aspear Berries are particularly in season right now. The unique feel of Nashimity has made it rather touristy, particularly for people coming from Akurnai City, who will visit both the nearby Carmelion Beach and Nashimity Town.
2WQQsJD.png
latest
#13Spearow2 - 4CommonNashimity Town
latest
#15Skitty3 - 4UncommonNashimity Town
latest
#17Cherubi3 - 4UncommonNashimity Town (☀️)
latest
#19Munna3 - 4UncommonNashimity Town (🌘)
latest
#21Darumaka4-Holotch

Wisteria Institute for Pokémon Research

Nestled against the mountainside, the large laboratory stretches against the rocky cliffs, as if built into the mountains. The only elevated building in all of Nashimity, the view from the lab looks down across the whole portside town. Right before the stairs leading up to the lab is a small courtyard, clearly designed to accommodate battles. Surrounding the courtyard and the lab lie fields of trimmed grass and fencing, with researchers and Pokémon alike performing experiments out in the open.

Contrasting with its rustic exterior look, the interior of the lab is quite modern, with many machines set-up with varying functions such as monitoring Pokémon vitals. Bookcases line the walls, though many books have been pulled out and can be found with notes littered across the rooms, giving a very messy vibe. At the centre of the lab, there's a glass dome and a mini-greenhouse; looking closely, you can see Bug- and Grass-type Pokémon, probably from other regions. In the same room, there is a large projection of the Kinyo region with a heatmap of how abundant and diverse Pokémon are across the region. Although there a few patches of red, most of it is yellow or green.

There's a lot to do at the lab, so come check it out! Pay attention to you and your classmates' timing - you might run into each other!

Holotch Testing
Wisteria would like you to use your Holotch and record what happens. If you have already used your Holotch, you can let her download that data right away. If you have not used your Holotch, go ahead and do so, then let Wisteria download the results.
- Task: Use the Holotch to encounter a Pokémon.
- Reward: Quick Ball x2

Battle Practice
Wisteria realises that there's not much opportunity to battle, as most people in Kinyo are not trainers. However, she and some of her co-researchers are still licensed! Wanna practise? [OOC: You will battle Anna or Morgan on Showdown and use that battle as a basis for your writing. Your reward will be based on your creativity in interpreting that battle.]
- Task: Battle Wisteria/another researcher.
- Reward: Levels, minimum of 3!

Research Assistant
A researcher has lost his materials! Two books (Pokémon Distribution in the Kinyo Region and Tracking Pokémon Migration Across Island Regions), a file box (with labels like "Recent Mass Migration" and "Inconsistencies in Projected vs Collected Data"), and a spiral notebook covered in stickers. They're somewhere in the building- maybe another researcher borrowed them? Maybe someone re-shelved his books? Whatever happened, he can't find them. [OOC: Since there are only four items to find, you may have to team up with someone to do this if more than four of you would like the reward. Please post in the OOC thread or the Discord if you want to do this so you can figure out teams if necessary.]
- Task: Find and return ONE of his items.
- Reward: An incense of your choice (except Luck; it's his favourite).

Nashimity Museum

Right across from the fountain at the heart of the town lies Nashimity Museum. The museum is admittedly small, mostly describing the history of the town with maps and busts of various figures. The museum is dedicated to the architect Carmelion, who founded the town a little over 100 years ago. Although not as popular as other areas around the town, a few tourists can still be seen wandering through the museum.

Berry Pier

Northwards, a long wooden pier stretches out well into the sea. Although the pier itself is wide, the various goods and stalls lined up on both sides of the pier makes the passageway quite narrow, and also makes the sea quite difficult to see. The stalls sell a variety of things, some providing food, some with wooden handicrafts, including daruma dolls, and some, most importantly, selling berries. Nashimity's speciality food are grilled Pinap berry skewers, so try some if you can (edible for both humans and Pokémon!).

Walking past the berry stalls, there are always colourful assortments of berries out on display, with spruikers chasing down tourists and proclaiming their lowest prices. At the seaside edge of the pier, there are a mix of tourists taking photos, people fishing and youngsters diving into the water. Notably, most of the people don't seem to have Pokémon with them.

Temporary Employment
One stall manager is grumpy - her assistant has not shown up, and it's hard to get everything done on her own. Spend a few hours helping her and she'll compensate you for your time. If you have a good attitude despite her tendency to throw things at you when you mess up, you might get a bonus. [OOC: This task can be done only once, and by a maximum of two players, on the morning of Day 2. The first person to claim the task in the OOC gets to do it. That person may choose to ask one other player to work with them on this task.]
- Task: Help out until the assistant shows up.
- Reward: TM56 - Fling & a potential mystery reward!

Route 302

Another grassy route, this time between Nashimity Town and Akurnai City. The cliffs and overhead views of Route 301 are no more, instead Route 302 has a boardwalk right by the sea while an alternative dirt path weaves through a mix of tall grass and marsh-like reeds. Heading towards Akurnai City, the two paths merge together at the entrance of Carmelion Beach, but upon closer inspection there's a sign which reads: "Krabby migration in progress! Beach temporarily closed." Looking over at the beach, you can in fact see the Krabby migrating.
2WQQsJD.png
latest
#23Zigzagoon3 - 4CommonTall Grass
latest
#25Psyduck3 - 4CommonTall Grass (☀️)
latest
#27Poliwag3 - 4CommonTall Grass (🌘)
latest
#31Shinx3 - 5UncommonTall Grass
latest
#33Swirlix3 - 5UncommonTall Grass
latest
#35Phanpy3 - 5-Holotch

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years

Arthur Weissmann
Pokemon at hand :
374.png
163.png

Chapter 2 - 1
The Truth of It All

After he reached Nashimity Town, Arthur managed to find Kirk's acquaintance. He followed Kirk's instruction and stayed for the night at his house. Apparently Kirk's acquaintance is Gunther Harris, the curator of Nashimity Museum.

The next day, Arthur decided to ask the details about the task Kirk gave him back in Mahono to Mr.Gunther. "Good Morning Sir, excuse me, but i heard from Professor Kirk that you have something that you want to ask from me?"

"You sure are right kiddo, i needed your help to transport an important specimen for Kirk to examine." Gunther sipped his tea. "If this was a normal specimen, i would've asked a courier to deliver it. Alas, i'm not sure they could handle this package properly, so i had to ask you."

"Sure thing, Sir. I'll try my best to reach your expectation." Arthur smiled at Mr. Gunther's remarks.

"Don't worry, i'm sure you're capable. After all, you're The Braveheart's grandson, i'm sure you'll be fine." Mr. Gunther laughed.

Arthur's face was stiff by the shock, how could Mr. Gunther knew about his grandfather? He is an Elite Four back in the day, but Arthur didn't now much about his exploits outside of that, besides his Gramps was a Hoenn Elite Four, it would be weird if Mr. Gunther knew him but didn't originate from Hoenn if his grandfather was really a normal trainer. Arthur was very confused at the fact.

"Sir... If I may ask, how did you know about my grandfather?" Arthur was very curious.

"It would be even weirder if i didn't knew him. He was a trailblazer. Winning championships left and right everywhere while sporting his stylish pompadour and cool outfits. He was an icon at his time, and idol for many people including me. His family name is so unique, that when i saw your last name i'm 100% sure that you are his grandson." Mr. Gunther looked pretty happy talking about his childhood idol.

"So that's why..." Arthur suddenly understand why his late Grandfather was so sensitive to the topic of pompadour.

"Anything else, i should know about, Sir?" Arthur tried to reach deeper on the subject of his grandfather.

"Nothing that you need to know..." "Ah, do you know he refused the position of champion multiple times? He said that it was too much pain and responsibility to handle, so he stayed as an Elite Four his entire career."

Arthur who was drinking tea, choked at Mr. Gunther's remark. He was coughing quite violently, now he realized that his grandfather's story that he couldn't beat the champions around the world was a one fat lie.

"You okay, Kiddo? Drink slowly, we still have much tea to spare if you want more," Mr. Gunther said while patting Arthur's back. "Ah look, breakfast is ready. We should eat now, Arthur."

Both of them ate with alongside with Mr. Gunther's wife. Arthur was told by Mr. Gunther to visit him later at the museum at three o'clock to prepare legal documents needed to move the research specimen out of the museum inventory, so he had to spend his time elsewhere for the moment. He then decided to take a walk around the city.

It was a rustic styled city, it's a beautiful town filled with vibrant life everywhere. "So this is what Kalosian architecture looks like." Arthur looked around the city center, everywhere he looked the unique architecture is all around him.

However, Arthur also noted that there are red darumas in most part of the city although he couldn't think of any reasons why. He sat down at one of the bench available while drinking the canned coffee he bought earlier. "I think I forgot to do something, but what is it?". Arthur checked his notebook for answer, unfortunately there's nothing important there except the meeting with Mr. Gunther later and perhaps his planned visit of Professor Wisteria tomorrow.

Suddenly he remembered. "I never really used the Holotch function. Maybe Professor Wisteria might want the data i obtained." Harold then decided to use it now, after all apparently this city is also teeming with wildlife, better late than never. He used the function of finding wild pokemon according to how academy taught him to and found himself in a big park in the middle of the city. It has beautiful trees and even a pond which unfortunately appeared to be very deep which looks like a very dangerous spot for people who can't swim.

"Wait, so where's the pokemon?" All he saw there was pokemon that he already saw on the way there, Holotch supposed to help find pokemon that is hard to find so it can't be them. Arthur tried to search around the park.

Suddenly a small red figure jumped to the bench in front of Arthur, and started to dance like it was trying to burn up the dance floor.

"What the heck…"​

Continued in part 2-2
A Tango for Two

Last edited:
Years
Edison Kintobor
Mahono Town, early afternoon

Returning to Mahono, Edison went back to the school to look for Professor Wisteria. While asking around for her, he met up with old Bert, the Pokemon Care teacher. He informed Edison that the Professor had already gone back to her lab in Nashimity. Bert offered to let Edison rest at his house before heading out, though seemed wary of the Munchlax at his side. Edison agreed to a short rest, just long enough for his Pokemon to recover from fighting and training, then set out again.

Nashimity Town, dusk

After walking for the better part of the afternoon, Edison finally arrived at Nashimity. He accessed his Holotch map function, scanning the area for Pokemon on a whim. To his surprise, he actually found one. He followed the sonar beeps, his original goal forgotten, until he found himself in a dark alley. The Holotch sounded steadily, directing Edison to some nearby Berry bushes.

Addie gasped in delight at the sight of Bluk Berries, rushing over and greedily devouring them. Edison took note, as the sweet berries were the first food the Munchlax had shown genuine delight for. "Ah, so you prefer sweet foods, then. Good to know." Turning his attention back to the rustling bushes, Edison saw a small, bright pink Pokemon moving around in the bushes. It appeared to be ignoring the Berries themselves, and seemed more interested in Edison as he approached.

His Pokedex identified it as Munna, a Pokemon that drew sustenance from dreams. "Fascinating. I wonder how it does that. I'll have to capture it and study it further!" Munna drew back a bit at that, releasing tiny puffs of pink mist from the ovoid spot on its face.

"Adipose, I require your assistance in this!" Edison called Addie over, noting that the baby has eaten half of the bush, with several smushed Berries stuck in his fur. "I think it's time for a Metronome, don't you?" Munna released a puff of pink mist, which moved and flowed on a way mist shouldn't, regardless of the wind and atmosphere. The mist gathered around Munna, solidifying into a translucent barrier around the creature. The white glow around Addie's fingers moved to his face, and he Nuzzled up against Munna.

Electricity flowed from Addie into Munna, leaving her paralyzed. Her eyes glowed red, and Addie himself locked up in paralysis. Both Pokemon stared each other down as Edison consulted the Pokedex. "Oh, very interesting! Guaranteed paralysis from Nuzzle, then the Synchronize ability shares the status effect with the opponent! This will be interesting research, indeed... Adipose, use Tackle." Munna releases pink mist from her snout, which rolled over Addie is a wave of pink energy. He rocked back slightly from the hit, but was largely unaffected by it. He responded by ramming into Munna, spinning her around in midair. Her Barrier helped protect her, but she was starting to look shaken.

"I think that will suffice." He tossed a Pokeball, converting Munna into energy and absorbing her inside. The ball shook once, then clicked shut. Pleased with his capture, he recalled Addie before he could resume eating someone else's Berry plants. He pondered over his new acquisition for a moment. "Hmmm... you eat dreams, which you can apparently induce. Dreams occur during REM sleep, so that shall be your name! Welcome to the team, Rem." With Rem the Munna part of the team, he set off once again for Wisteria's lab.

Evily

Years

Momoka Kuchiki

Entry 3: Nashimity Town - Day 1/Dusk

The Holotch Findings, the Tormentor, and Training

Momo was relieved when she arrived at Nashimity town, the sun was starting to set. Did she really take a long time coming? Momo looks back to what happened in the Route, the horde with Rattata, having to stop for awhile to bandage herself and use potions to heal her Pokemon, then return to walking, but slower, they did take awhile. Momo let out a relieved sigh as she walked to the Pokemon Center, Finn was walking behind her with Pidge on her shoulder, looking around the town as they did so. What she didn't notice was the shadow following them, three beads peeking from behind a berry tree.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Minutes later, Momo walked out, but without her bag and hat. She booked a room at the PC when night time came along, but for now, its training time! She sat the street signs and looked over to see where the Professor's Lab was, Finn on her head chirping at the berries nearby with Pidge on her shoulder, his wing healed by Nurse Joy and Audino. Momo found the sign and saw it point a certain direction, so she followed. Again, they didn't notice their being followed, but Finn did look back, only to see nothing.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"I better get some of these..." Momo mumbled as she stood beside a berry tree carrying a lot of Aspear Berries. "Along the way, I can try the Holotch and hope it works in this town..." The trainer nodded to herself before placing her bag against the tree and opened it, looking for her Holotch, Finn was beside her jumping around the tree, chirping excitedly.

Pidgey was watching, but out of the corner of his eye, he saw the same three beads Finn saw at the town, but the rest was covered by the corner of a nearby building. He narrowed his eyes, but before he could do anything, Momo got out her Holotch and opened it, looking over the settings before a picture of Munna appeared with their statistics, then after a few seconds, a blue ring appeared around said picture and a mysterious sound played off the speakers. 'So it works like the Dexnav I've heard about that resides in Hoenn.'

The leaves of the tree shook, alerting the nearby occupants. Finn stopped jumping and walked to Momo's side, looking at the tree while Pidge stiffened, raising his wings slightly. A shadow swiftly floated down and landed in front of them, revealing a Munna.

"So the Holotch worked… and the response was quick too." Momo commented as she crouched down and looked closer at the Munna. "It's nice to meet you Munna." Said Pokemon cocked her head to the side, confused before a blur appeared and landed in between the two, startling Momo and causing her to fall on her behind. Finn jumped in front of Momo instantly, growling at the Pokemon as Pidge, who jumped onto her head, tensed and opened his wings slightly. Momo shook her head, being careful of Pidge, and opened her eyes, realizing that the blur was a Skitty! 'A Skitty? Did the Holotch call her...no, the Holotch called Munna only, so the Skitty must have been with her already…'

The Kitten pokemon hissed as Finn chirped angrily, but the cat turned her back and walked around the Munna, as if inspecting her. She stood in front and nodded before meowing and started to walk away, ignoring Momo and her Pokemon. The Munna looked between the group and her companion before groaning softly and then turned, following the feline.

"A Munna and a Skitty, huh?" she mumbled as she stood up and dusted herself, grabbing her bag and wrapping one strap around her shoulder while Finn jumped onto her chest, said girl wrapping her arms around the Pokemon so he wouldn't fall, Pidgey jumping down to her shoulder and glared at the direction the Skitty left. "Well, let's go report to-" They suddenly heard a squeal and Momo turned back around, hearing another squeal, but of pain and then a loud hiss. 'Those squeals and that hiss…! Could it be..?' Momo quickly ran in the direction of the sounds and turned around a corner, only to see the Munna from before is on the ground in pain with wounds while the Skitty is standing in front of her, hissing at a male a couple years under her with a Spearow beside him, smirking at the two.

"So weak! And I though Munna were powerful." The male huffed before turning with a frown and walking away with his Spearow following him.

"Hey! What's the big idea! Why did you attack them?" cried out Momo as she walked in front of the injured Pokemon, halting the male in his tracks. The male turned and looked over Momo before smirking and turning, taking a few steps closer to the girl.

"Why? Because they're weak, what else?" explained lamely the male, his Spearow on his shoulder squawked, only to be squawked back by Pidge. The two birds glared at each other as their trainer had a stare down. The male's smirk widened, "Why do you care?"

"Why do I care? Maybe because, I don't know, you hurt these Pokemon for no reason." hissed Momo, kneeling down and looking closer at Munna wounds and then towards Skitty, noticing some small wounds on her.

"If you care so much, why not battle me for their freedom? If I win, I get to torture them all I want, as I have been, but if you will, i'll leave them be." explained the male as Momo stood up, holding Munna and a semi-conscious Skitty in her arms, glaring at the male.

"Fine, but tomorrow, right now, I need to take to the PC and it's getting too late." huffed Momo as she turned and walked away, earning a laugh from the male.

"Alright! I expect you to be there, girl, and don't chicken out!" Momo clenched her teeth, but refrained from saying anything else, just working her legs to get her to the PC, for the Pokemon's sake. As she turned the corner, she stopped, almost bumping into a small girl, about 6 years old, with brown pigtails and light brown eyes, wearing a pink dress with white and pink shoes.

"Miss! Can I help you? I want to make sure Cathy and Mua are alright!" insisted the little girl, holding out her arms to hold one of the Pokemon. Momo nodded and handed the little girl Skitty, then nodded her head in a direction and went, the little girl and Finn at her heels.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
"So he's at it again…"

Momo and the little girl sat on one of the white 'L' shaped couches inside the PC, awaiting the results of the examination on Munna and Skitty, or as the little girl called them, Mua and Cathy. Finn was looking inside the potted plant beside the couch with Pidge on her lap, napping.

"Do you know that kid?" asked Momo, wanting to know more about the boy who harmed the two Pokemon while stroking Pidge's feathers/fur. The little girl nodded and placed her hands on her lap, looking down with a crestfallen look.

"He's Josh, he lived with his mom and is three years older than me. He moved here months ago and ever since, he's been tormenting the Pokemon he comes across, having his Spearow attack them and then claims that they attacked him first, his mother always agreeing with him." explained the little girl.

"I see, and what's your name?" asked Momo, placing the info she learned in the back of her mind for tomorrow.

"Me? I'm Ella, I live closer to the small pier. I meet Munna years ago along with her mother, Musharna, but months ago, Musharna vanished and we haven't seen her for awhile. Afterwords, Skitty appeared and started to trail behind Munna, almost like a guardian. For some reason, Josh torments Munna the most." Ella continued, "I've tried to stop him, but he won't and when I told mama, she would talk to his mama, but Josh's mama doesn't listen."

'So it's both the mother and her son…' though Momo, her eyebrow twitching at the tough of meeting the boy's mother. 'If she's as bad as Josh, oh boy…'

"Miss Momo, I don't want to pressure you, but will you win tomorrow?" asked Ella, looking up at Momo with pleading eyes. Momo started before sighing and standing up, causing Pidge to wake up and flapped his wings to keep him from falling. Momo picked up Finn from the pot and walked over to the doors with Pidge following. "Miss Momo? Where are you going?"

"I'm going to go train and get ready for the battle tomorrow, but I have other plans tomorrow as well. You stay here and wait for Nurse Joy, then if possible, take the Pokemon home with you." replied Momo before walking out. She looked up as the doors closed behind her and saw the sky was orange, but the color of night was drawing near. 'So I have some time left…'

*****Timeskip*****

Momo stopped at the entrance of Route 302, noticing how the paths split. 'So one leads all the way to the town and the other through grass and marshlands.' Momo moved towards the dirt path and went on her way to begin training.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
When they got a few feet inside the tall grass, two tiny raccoon Pokemon came running in front of them, stopping the group. 'So two Zigzagoon… perfect.'
Momo looked towards Pidge, who was on her shoulder, and Finn who was beside her, looking at the tiny raccoons curiously. "Alright, Pidge, Finn, ready for a battle?" Pidge chirped as he flew down in front of her, catching the attention of the Zigzagoons, and when Finn jumped to his side, the two critters turned and stood in a fighting stance, charging at them with a tackle.
"Finn! Use Growl!" Finn opened his mouth and let out a loud, piercing bleat that distorts the air, causing the two tiny raccoons to stop and glow for a second.

"Pidge, Air Cutter!" Pidge jumped and flapped his wings, giving his the leverage to fly towards the Zigzagoon twins. Once he was close enough, he crossed his wings, allowing them to glow lightly, before releasing and flapping them towards the Zigzagoon, releasing strong light blue slashes of wind. The slashes hit the Zigzagoon head on, causing them to cry out, and the area around them, sending dirt up and covering the area in a shower of dirt for a couple seconds. Once the shower disappeared, the Zigzagoon were still standing, but wounded. They were glaring at their offenders, one growling. Zigzagoon #1 jumped and spirited towards Finn while the other turned towards Pidge and hissed, who squawked back. "Finn, dodge and use Tackle!" Finn jumped to the side, dodging the Zigzagoon's tackle and tackling said Pokemon himself, knocking it back a few inches. "Water Gun!" As Finn's cheeks inflated in water, the Mystic Water charm on his scarf glowed and spread the glow all over Finn, increasing his water attack's power.

On the other side, Pidge was on the Zigzagoon's back, using his talons to grab onto his back as his wings were flapping everywhere from the Zigzagoon's erratic run, trying to knock off the bird from his back. "Pidge, use your strength to carry Zigzagoon up into the air a few feet!" Pidge squawked and opened his wings menacingly, alarming the tiny raccoon, who tried to turn his head and bite the pokemon, only to fail as the Tiny Bird Pokemon slowly lifted the tiny raccoon off the ground, their feet unable to touch the solid ground, slowly going up a few inches and growing until they were a few feet, about eight feet off the ground, Pidge floating with his wings flapping and the Zigzagoon trying to escape his grasp. "Now throw him towards the ground and tackle him downward!" Pidge flapped his wings and flipped over his back, to gain momentum, and threw the Zigzagoon towards the ground and waited a few seconds before soaring down and tackling the Zigzagoon in the stomach, sending them crashing to the solid ground, causing a dust storm to rise. Once the dust settled, Pidge was flapping in the air above the semi-conscious Zigzagoon, who was standing on trembling feet. "Now use tackle again! And towards them!" Pidge flapped his wings and flew to ground level before tackling the Zigzagoon with startling speed, sending him flying towards his other comrade.

Zigzagoon #1 slowly stood, gaining his senses, only to see a faintly glowing Finn with puffed-out cheeks, about to release his attack. The Zigzagoon shrieked and tried to run, only to be knocked down by his ally, who was tackled and send flying towards him. Pidge flew in and flew above Finn, charging up his wings. "Pidge, Air Cutter! Finn, release!" Finn opened his mouth and let out a torrent of water, the current bigger than normal. The torrent hit the two Zigzagoon, knocking them back, causing Zigzagoon #2(the one fighting Pidge) to faint, but Zigzagoon #1 was barely awake, struggling to stand, a few feet away from his ally. He saw a shadow over them and looked up, only to see light blue slashes heading towards him. Another dust storm brewed and the tiny raccoon let out a painful cry. The dust settled and the two raccoons were unconscious, their eyes small swirls.

Momo let out a small chuckle as the faint glow around him disappeared and the charm stopped glowing and Pidge landed beside the Mudfish, nodding in satisfaction.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Once Momo finished tending to the unconscious Pokemon, she laid a blanket down and placed the two tiny Zigzagoons on it so they could rest. "Alright, time for the next battle. Pidge, stay with them, alright?" Pidge chirped before sitting on the blanket as Momo and Finn left to find another Pokemon to battle with for training.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Momo walked over to where there was a batch of marsh-like reeds and saw a Poliwag appear, and noticing the two, it jumped before firing multiple clear bubbles from his mouth at them, only for Finn to shoot a blast of water, obliterating the bubbles. "Alright, looks like he is our opponent. Ready Finn?" Finn chirped in agreement as he jumped in front of Momo, ready to begin. "Finn, Water Gun again!" Finn let out another shot of water, only for the Poliwag to jump over it and send out his own counter, shoots of bubbles. "Dodge as many as possible and use Tackle!" The Mudfish sprinted towards the tadpole and dodge the bubbles as much as possible, being hit by one on his tail, barely flinching. He tackled the tadpole before it could dodge and send it back a few feet, wounding the pokemon greatly from Finn's tackle power. The tadpole shook itself and slowly stood before glaring at Finn and shooting another torrent of bubbles, only for the Mudfish to dodge and tackle the tadpole again. "Water Gun!" He jumped back and shot a torrent of water, knocking the tadpole back and unconscious. "Alright, let's take him back to where Pidge is."
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Momo arrived to where the blanket was and saw the Zigzagoon awake and staring at Pidge, who was staring back. "I see you're awake, are your injuries feeling alright?" Momo set the fainted Poliwag on the blanket and started to get her potion and bandages from her bag, Finn sitting beside her and looking at the Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon #1 chirped before looking up and then back down towards his ally, nodding towards the grass. Zigzagoon #2 nodded and they both stood up, nodded at Momo, and ran back into the grass.
After a few minutes, the Poliwag woke up and jumped up before noticing its wounds were healed. "Ah, you're awake! I hope you feel better, sorry if the battle was too rough." The tadpole shook his head before chirping and running back towards the marsh-like reeds, more than likely its home. "Now that they are healed and going home, we should head home too, it's getting late." Momo stood up and collected her belongings and placed them inside her bag before walking back, Finn in her arms and Pidge on her shoulder. 'I should head to the PC for the night, but I need to see Route 301, something tells me there is something to check out.'

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
Luke Ygan / Pokemon: Oro the Deino / Day 1 / Dawn / Mahono Town​
An alarm sounded, and the person who set it, Luke, got up. He looked over at the time and got dressed as quickly as he could. He ran down the hall, looking for Professor Wisteria. "Ah, there you are!" Someone said abruptly. Luke looked up, realizing he found her by mistake! "Anyways, I have to tell you that most of the other students ran off a few hours ago. Did you set your alarm late?" she said. "Must have, anyways, where's Oro? I need to set off." Luke replied. "Already in such a rush, I see. Here's your graduation gifts." Wisteria handed Luke everything he needed, including his Trainer's License and his first Pokemon, his Deino. And then he was off, on his way to catch up with the other trainers. As Luke ran down the path, he thought to himself. "I doubt being a trainer would get me the funds alone, so I guess I need to find additional sources of income."

Back