• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i always liked poison types and it would annoy me so much how team rocket were supremely ineffective with their pokemon. Of which they had arbok and weezing, two relatively decent all round poison types.

As a child i used to think weezing looked pretty stupid. I don't me it had a poor design, but that it literally looked brainless. which turned me off from it for a while. Team rocket's clutzy attacks didn't help this case neither. But, eventually i started using it for myself and found it to be a really solid poison type. While it's not even close to top tier or even my top fave poison types, i have grown to respect and appreciate it. Especially since nowadays it's pretty rare to find a pokemon that can not only take a hit or 2 but also pose a threat offensively as well. Coupled with it's mono-typing and it's levitate ability, it can still hold up as a solid team member.

Design-wise, weezing kinda cool but is one of those (very few) pkmn that i actually prefer the pre-evolved form to final form. The little second head is kind of off-putting lol.

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
Weezing.... Not a Pokemon I'm fond of. Poison is one of my favorite types, but I'm also a little odd about them. When it comes to Poison types, I either love the Pokemon or hate it. There's no in-between. And Weezing has just always sorta disgusted me. Maybe it's the gas or its design, but I've never once felt compelled to do anything to this Pokemon other than beat it to a mush when I come across one. I've never had an urge to catch it, or even check it out on Bulbapedia. At all. I know there are some people who love this Pokemon, but for me, it's just not a favorite.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I've got a new topic!

What Poison-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

We only have three Mega Evolutions that are Poison-type, and all of them have it as their secondary type.

I think Crobat getting one would be really cool. More Attack power would be a nice gesture to go along with it's amazing Speed stat. I also thing the Nidos getting Megas would be really neat as well.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
Why do I feel like this has been discussed before? I remember posting something about the Nidos possibly getting Megas. Ah, well, doesn't matter.

I'd really just love to see allllll my favorite Poison types get Megas! At least, the ones that don't already have Megas. This would include Crobat (maybe a little boost to the Sp. Attack with this, as well as the typical increase of all stats?), both Nidos (can't really do one without the other), and Scolipede (its design and stats seem pretty great already, but no one ever said no to a little boost!).

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Why do I feel like this has been discussed before? I remember posting something about the Nidos possibly getting Megas. Ah, well, doesn't matter.

I'd really just love to see allllll my favorite Poison types get Megas! At least, the ones that don't already have Megas. This would include Crobat (maybe a little boost to the Sp. Attack with this, as well as the typical increase of all stats?), both Nidos (can't really do one without the other), and Scolipede (its design and stats seem pretty great already, but no one ever said no to a little boost!).

I'm bringing back some of the really old discussions since the club has been around for a pretty long time. I'd have to agree with Scolipede, it could probably stand a little bit of a boost.

I'm gonna leave this topic up for a little while longer to see if more people want to chime in.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
I was looking through the Member List (randomly decided to look at what kinds of Pokemon partners everyone else signed up with) and noticed that there were some people who had three or more Pokemon partners listed, rather than the two that we were allowed to sign up with. How does this work?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Which Generation introduced the best Poison-types?
Gee, this is difficult, but I'm going with Generation I. Many good designs and Pokémon overall were introduced, like Muk, Beedrill and Golbat. My favorite Poison-type is Scolipede, but overall I like Generation I Poison-types better.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
What Poison-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

(Just doing this to keep the club alive)
Obviously the ones that look like they deserve one. Tentacruel and Crobat seem like good candidates, but some of the others that need more buffing are Dragalge and the Nidos.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jan 9, 2018
I would love to join the club, poison type is my favorite because I found them cute and interesting. Gengar is also the reason that spark my love for poison type...I mean...just look at how adorable (s)he is! I also love Drapion because (s)he's awsome. I would like Gengar and Drapion to be my partners. Since Gengar already have a mega evolution, I would like Drapion to be the next poison mega.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I would love to join the club, poison type is my favorite because I found them cute and interesting. Gengar is also the reason that spark my love for poison type...I mean...just look at how adorable (s)he is! I also love Drapion because (s)he's awsome. I would like Gengar and Drapion to be my partners. Since Gengar already have a mega evolution, I would like Drapion to be the next poison mega.
Hi there! I like Drapion, and now Alolan Muk, since they have very few weaknesses. The funny thing is, they are weak against my favorite Pokemon type - Ground.

What kind of ability do you think a Mega Drapion would have? I think Battle Armor is pretty sweet already, but I might consider Sheer Force on a Mega Drapion. That would allow Cross Poison and Crunch to hit for a whole bunch.

Years
Interesting club.I guess I shoild join :D

Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?

Hey so, this thread is nearly a year old (and three years old before the 2017 replies, oof). This isn't a big enough deal on its own if it was any other thread, but an important change happened in that year in that we have a new Clubhouse subforum where all club discussion goes from here on out.

This thread nor the OP is no longer active, so you're free to remake the thread over in the new Clubhouse forum if you'd like. I'm going to have to close this one up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back