• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020
Stuck like hell on the boardroom maze, and the map in the OP is gone, I've gotten to the far side of the table, but can't find any way further forward.

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hi, just posting to say how much I have enjoyed this hack so far (should have a HAck of the month/year award for me). I have just got my 4th badge and I really like how the trainer talks to the people (7 institute people) and how some Fakemon really can throw you off guard (kingmadio). It seems this hack has so much depth and extras.

However my slight issues:
Too many Rock and Dark trainers so far, my Breloom is so overlevelled and Baltoy sucks :(
Checklist for added extras (if noone has found them they could be said as *secret*
Glitch coming out of the abandoned ship where i could not move
More water pokemon obtainable near start (not just Wingull/Qwilfish)
The egg Pokemon that shall not be named should either be stronger to begin with or have an earlier evolution.
Shouldn't this be in the Hacks Showcase by now??

Thank you for the hack :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
That, dear NainilJShah, would be telling. It's not that well-hidden; I added it into an inaccessible area in a place that's been in-game for a long time, then I made the inaccessible area accessible.

DDDD:
*Searches*

Anyway, Cutlerine, after you trade in the Hajike Bird and fly to Lilycove, when you try to exit the city towards the Madio Caves, The Deadly Seven start talking and will battle you later, but you can't see them at all.

How do you get Diamondix, Galactimon, Ramshaker, or any of the Denjuu Pokemon?

EDIT: Also. How do you mine? I have the Miner Doll and TM, but I don't know what to do.
A hint on Faceleech plzplzplz D:
And how do you get Waterfall in the game? :/ *Has been trying to complete achievements*

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Hi, just posting to say how much I have enjoyed this hack so far (should have a HAck of the month/year award for me). I have just got my 4th badge and I really like how the trainer talks to the people (7 institute people) and how some Fakemon really can throw you off guard (kingmadio). It seems this hack has so much depth and extras.

However my slight issues:
Too many Rock and Dark trainers so far, my Breloom is so overlevelled and Baltoy sucks :(
Checklist for added extras (if noone has found them they could be said as *secret*
Glitch coming out of the abandoned ship where i could not move
More water pokemon obtainable near start (not just Wingull/Qwilfish)
The egg Pokemon that shall not be named should either be stronger to begin with or have an earlier evolution.
Shouldn't this be in the Hacks Showcase by now??

Thank you for the hack :)

It should be in the Showcase, and will be as soon as I can be bothered to have it moved.

The 'egg Pokémon that shall not be named' is deliberately weak. It's the same principle as a Beldum - you get something awful to start with, it evolves late and becomes really strong.

The rest of the stuff I'll look into. Thanks for your feedback.

DDDD:
*Searches*

Anyway, Cutlerine, after you trade in the Hajike Bird and fly to Lilycove, when you try to exit the city towards the Madio Caves, The Deadly Seven start talking and will battle you later, but you can't see them at all.

How do you get Diamondix, Galactimon, Ramshaker, or any of the Denjuu Pokemon?

EDIT: Also. How do you mine? I have the Miner Doll and TM, but I don't know what to do.
A hint on Faceleech plzplzplz D:
And how do you get Waterfall in the game? :/ *Has been trying to complete achievements*

The Denjuu are not Pokémon. Look it up. They're unobtainable.

Diamandix is unavailable as yet; I don't think I've created a way for you to evolve Steelix yet. Galactimon is made by balancing out a Lunatone or a Solrock. Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank...

Faceleech is connected to a certain legendary Pokémon.

Waterfall... I don't think it exists as a HM; if I'm wrong, someone please tell me. But there are still ways to use it. Hehehehe...

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Using my logic:

Since the Groudon replacement is Emolga, the Kyogre replacement is Turmur, Jirachi replacement is Shanderu (I remember it from before :3) and the Regis replacements are the three Hoenn starters, I can only assume that Faceleech has to be connected to either Lati@s, Deoxys or Rayquaza. Lati@s are out as you said you hated them, Rayquaza says no, and Faceleech looks like Deoxys.
Now, Deoxys. Mossdeep Space Center in the real Pokemon game. *runs to search*

How the hell do you mine? D:
And what do you mean by balancing out a Solrock or Lunatone?
I didn't get what you meant there, or in the "Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank..." section.

Edit: Mehhh...I've given up trying to find Faceleech...

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
Using my logic:

Since the Groudon replacement is Emolga, the Kyogre replacement is Turmur, Jirachi replacement is Shanderu (I remember it from before :3) and the Regis replacements are the three Hoenn starters, I can only assume that Faceleech has to be connected to either Lati@s, Deoxys or Rayquaza. Lati@s are out as you said you hated them, Rayquaza says no, and Faceleech looks like Deoxys.
Now, Deoxys. Mossdeep Space Center in the real Pokemon game. *runs to search*

How the hell do you mine? D:
And what do you mean by balancing out a Solrock or Lunatone?
I didn't get what you meant there, or in the "Ramshaker is what evolves from Calfby if you don't get a Tauros or a Miltank..." section.

Edit: Mehhh...I've given up trying to find Faceleech...

Actually, the Regis are replaced with the Furis. You know, THOSE POKéMON.

Galactimon:
Spoiler:

Ramshaker:
Spoiler:

Faceleech is not related to Deoxys. It is related to...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Meteor Falls

I've managed to get to the part where i need to follow Alicia into meteor falls and when i get to her it just plays the script from the Vendanturf tunnel. I'm really CANNOT figure out what to do now. any suggestions?

Really good hack so far though, loving the story line and great use of the original tiles ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Actually, the Regis are replaced with the Furis. You know, THOSE POKéMON.

Galactimon:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Where am I to get the Strength HM? I went to Gym Island, but I don't have it (nor can I see a way to get it)

Cutlerine

Years
*smashes head repeatedly against table*

I've managed to get to the part where i need to follow Alicia into meteor falls and when i get to her it just plays the script from the Vendanturf tunnel. I'm really CANNOT figure out what to do now. any suggestions?

Really good hack so far though, loving the story line and great use of the original tiles ;)

That's just broken. I have no idea why it's doing that; it works fine for me and for everyone else (presumably). ARGH, I hate bugs like that. I'm so avoiding them in my next hack.

You forgot the / at the end of spoiler there.
Plus, Cutlerine, I think I found a bug. The THAT POKEMON in the very cold place in northwest Hoenn doesn't appear for me. I know it's there but I can't see it or encounter it. When I go up the ladder it reaches a dead end.
Here's a screenshot of what I mean...any ideas? :/

Anyway, that's a big help, having to know that Turmur's involved. Can you give us a hint on what we have to do in what quarter of Hoenn at least?
>Also, my initial question isn't answered. How do you mine?! D:

@!%&!!!

THAT POKéMON ought to be there. It seems to have disappeared. I must fix that.

To mine, go talk to the blue rocks in the Abandoned Mines with a Miner Doll in your inventory. They're single-use, so be careful; it could get expensive.

Where am I to get the Strength HM? I went to Gym Island, but I don't have it (nor can I see a way to get it)

Once you get to Gym Island, Asimov gives you the HM Strength. If he isn't there, smack your head into the wall and try again. Repeat as necessary.

It works for me, because by the time I've done it ten times I've forgotten what just went wrong.

pikastache

pikachu master
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
I swear I'm about to throw my computer across the room. I've got the item to trade for the Gym Tickets, but I can't find where to take it... I've searched EVERYWHERE. Is it possible to get a hint other than the "south-western quarter?" Like what type of sprite I'm looking for or something? D:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
It something looking rather plain
Spoiler:

pikastache

pikachu master
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
It something looking rather plain
Spoiler:

I'm still not getting it... But I have a feeling that once I do, I'm going to feel really stupid...

EDIT: Got it. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I'm still not getting it... But I have a feeling that once I do, I'm going to feel really stupid...

Nah, you won't feel stupid. A lot of people who DID get it had to spend most of their lives quite a few damn hours searching. I also sent you a message.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
It should be in the Showcase, and will be as soon as I can be bothered to have it moved.

yes! I mean even from its first release it had more progress than most other hacks there! Hooray.

Also, speaking of which, will you do something similar where you release Keratin after a majority of it is finished, or will you go the traditional route in the form of early betas? I'm really looking forward to it even though we no almost nothing about it!! Hope there's not too big a gap after Snakewood!!

Last question: I didnt check this thread in December- January, and just cycling back and looking at posts I saw your Christmas Special hack! Is there any way I can get this... or do I have to wait until next year...

(Fine, I lied) In an earlier post someone asked about Denjuu... Did you actually play Telefang? It seems like such a rare and obscure game! I honestly had no clue wtf was going on during that sequence, but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious... I thought they were Digimon or something....wait...there SHOULD be a Digimon cameo! lol

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
yes! I mean even from its first release it had more progress than most other hacks there! Hooray.

Also, speaking of which, will you do something similar where you release Keratin after a majority of it is finished, or will you go the traditional route in the form of early betas? I'm really looking forward to it even though we no almost nothing about it!! Hope there's not too big a gap after Snakewood!!

Last question: I didnt check this thread in December- January, and just cycling back and looking at posts I saw your Christmas Special hack! Is there any way I can get this... or do I have to wait until next year...

(Fine, I lied) In an earlier post someone asked about Denjuu... Did you actually play Telefang? It seems like such a rare and obscure game! I honestly had no clue wtf was going on during that sequence, but in retrospect it was pretty hilarious... I thought they were Digimon or something....wait...there SHOULD be a Digimon cameo! lol

I did actually play Telefang, in its infamous 'Pokémon Diamond' form. It was brilliant. Utterly, utterly brilliant. So overlooked, even without the Engrish in the pirate version.

Er... the mini-hack will be updated sometime in summer, and I'll repost it then. For now, I'm afraid you'll have to wait.

With Keratin, I'll take a break after Snakewood, then post it in miniature, successive betas like normal people. Probably.

vaibhavAtomic

a legendary legend!
Years
im unable to download a gba file of snake wood ! can u please tell me where can i get it?
im soooooo... eager to play it...please:]

Last edited:
Back