• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: I feel like Chris right now...

Years
Spoilers ahead.

giphy.gif

For those that don't get the reference - Piers Nivans is the aide/sidekick/support of Chris Redfield in Resident Evil 6 and is involved in an incredibly heart-wrenching storyline which involves in Piers making a great sacrifice, not only ensuring his death but also destroying his comrade Chris, when he decides to shut Chris in an escape pod and jet him off, leaving Piers to fend off the final monster and seal his death. I am currently in a similar state to Chris, I feel a huge part of me is about to be wrenched out and left behind.

Myself and Juno will be leaving PC. Indefinitely. For myself, this is a combination of PC- and IRL-related issues, which have culminated into a nasty mix and I can't keep flicking on and off from PC because of it. It is not fair on such a fantastic group of people such as yourselves. Please rest assured, that any issues I have here are NOT related to yourselves in any way, shape or form. It's been great to participate alongside you in events, discussions and the like in the Video Games section. I hope that myself and Juno have been a good a host as our predecessors whilst we've been here - I know for a fact we have both enjoyed our time here and are extremely upset to be letting things go, however we both are at a point where we need to move on and now is as good a time as any. It generally speaking hasn't been common knowledge as of yet and therefore we thought it is only natural that we start here when it comes to making it public that we are leaving, with the people we loved hanging around with the most here on PC. Sure, we've had our upsets (RIP Xin) and our lows (RIP Events) but then we've had some really, REALLY good moments too and as a whole I have loved what we have done to transform Video Games from its awful, AWFUL state backalong. All the best in your futures, I hope that you survive what life throws at you.

Again, VGers thank you so much for making our time here at PokéCommunity an enjoyable one, I wouldn't trade this section for any other and I know Juno can say the same! My Discord inbox is ALWAYS open (Arcaneum#0001) so please do not be afraid to message me any time. We thank you from the bottom of our extremely heavy hearts for allowing us to do what we wanted to do, really. We will miss each and every one of you. It's been a fantastic ride and I wish the best of luck to our replacements.

You're going to need it; not everyone is who you think they are.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Going to miss you both dearly. Rabinov because of your energy for DubCity and this section, and Juno for your fun chats with me over private messages and The Legend Of PC.

Cheers to both of you!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Hello friends!

So a lot of uncertainty and confusion hung over staff and PokéCommunity as a whole the past few days, as I'm sure a lot of you are aware of by now - Aaron and I were affected no less, and the knee-jerk reaction a lot of us had when the news dropped was that we no longer wanted to be a part of PokéCommunity. Now that things have settled a bit and we've all had a few days to reflect on the recent events, Aaron and I have decided to stay and help out. There's a lot of sentimentality tied to this place for me, and while I'll be honest and say I am also excited for the new community that is in the works, I'm not ready to leave this place yet and I'd like to be around for both communities in the future.

So thanks for reading and thanks for putting up with us, I know so much has happened the past few days but hopefully we can start to put this behind us and things can get back to normal/even better than before. :)

Back