• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think XY might turn out a bit clunky, like DP -> HGSS Comparison.

I think The first 3D game will be Amazing, but will have its fair share of problems.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're probably right. And we might not notice too much till the third game or whatever the next main game on the 3DS will be. I remember not noticing how bad DP were till...well, Platinum. Now I literally can't go back to DP. So yeah. That's a major downside. :( I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out like that, but it's sadly likely.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Haha, I noticed that too XD; It made it hard for me to do challenges on Pearl and Diamond (because no way would I reset my Plat.) because of how they were ><;

I'm hoping we get lucky and that it isn't clunky, since it isn't like they haven't made 3D games before.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
You know, I hope this game is glitch free. I mean, seriously. The tripple batle glitch in b/w sucked really bad. specially since it could happen in double battles too, just not as common. But in b2/w2, I got this glitch again. It really annoys me that game frek couldn't be bathered to go in to the battle machanics and change some lines of code to avoid this glitch!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
There'll likely always be glitches, no matter what. Even if the game is edited for localization, some of the minor glitches still stay (see: in BW2, the one tile of grass in Floccesy Ranch that doesn't produce wild Pokemon and surfing on a tree in Pokestar Studios; at least the localized versions got rid of the Zoroark glitch, though).

However, seeing how the games'll be released globally, I hope that there aren't any major glitches like the aforementioned Zoroark one.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Surfing and battle speed in DP was awful. Like I said in the thread on wild encounters, I hope battling doesn't take long compared to something like, uh I guess Colosseum. Even if the game runs fast and smooth, if there's an animation for the Pokemon coming out of its Pokeball, attacking, getting hurt, and fainting, then...yeah that's gonna be a pain. :/

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see any game glitches in Pokémon X and Y. After all, every game that's developed is bound to have some bugs in it that you'd encounter. But some bugs can be rather interesting though, like how in the older games you had the cloning glitch. I wonder in the new games would we see some movement permission glitches like in the Japanese Diamond/Pearl with Surfable Pokémon League door as well as the patch of grass in Floccesy Ranch in Black 2 and White 2 for instance?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
But it isn't like the tripple battle glitch is a small one, it makes you reset your ds to keep playing. Your stuck and it's like dying on a game where it is gameover if you die!

Hey, better than if you accidentally saved after leaving Victory Road while following Zoroark in the Japanese copies. You couldn't get to N at all!

---

I bet movement glitches would be interesting to see in 3D XD I mean, it was cool enough that you could walk on tiles that couldn't be walked on in some of the games, but imagine what it would look like in X and Y.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can see movement glitches. One bad thing about the game coming out internationally in the same month is that if a major glitch is discovered, it can't be fixed in localisations because...they'll already be localized! So that might be ugly, but hopefully not. That Zoroark glitch isn't too hard to avoid and I doubt a lot of us have the Japanese games (oops guess I'll have to watch out for it).

I guess it would be fixed in later copies, like how they fixed things in later copies of Ocarina of Time and removed the original Fire Temple theme. Sucks for those of us that might get a messed up copy on release day though. :(

Platinum Lucario

Years
I can see movement glitches. One bad thing about the game coming out internationally in the same month is that if a major glitch is discovered, it can't be fixed in localisations because...they'll already be localized! So that might be ugly, but hopefully not. That Zoroark glitch isn't too hard to avoid and I doubt a lot of us have the Japanese games (oops guess I'll have to watch out for it).

I guess it would be fixed in later copies, like how they fixed things in later copies of Ocarina of Time and removed the original Fire Temple theme. Sucks for those of us that might get a messed up copy on release day though. :(

But remember how Mario Kart 7 had a patch for those glitches that occurred in those games? That is if you have Mario Kart 7.

If there's any glitches discovered, I'm sure Nintendo will provide patches out on the Nintendo eShop for people to download to fix any issues in the games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You know, I hope this game is glitch free. I mean, seriously. The tripple batle glitch in b/w sucked really bad. specially since it could happen in double battles too, just not as common. But in b2/w2, I got this glitch again. It really annoys me that game frek couldn't be bathered to go in to the battle machanics and change some lines of code to avoid this glitch!

Can I ask you what this is? I've seen multiple people call a particular part of triple battles a glitch when it's not, that's why I'm asking. Want to see if it's the same thing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But remember how Mario Kart 7 had a patch for those glitches that occurred in those games? That is if you have Mario Kart 7.

If there's any glitches discovered, I'm sure Nintendo will provide patches out on the Nintendo eShop for people to download to fix any issues in the games.

No, I don't remember cause I haven't played it much. lol But yeah, shows how used to my 3DS I am since I forgot they could release patches. Goody goody.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Woahh, I haven't been on PC much for a few days and already there's news about a new Pokemon generation, in 3D!! :D:D I've just watched the video about Pokemon X & Y and it looks amazing! I would really love to try it out....only if I had a Nintendo 3DS..:/

I don't really know much about this new generation, except that it has an awesome-looking fire-type starter!! <3 That's definitely going to be my choice when I finally get to start my new adventure! Omaigosh, I can't wait!!! :D

Platinum Lucario

Years
Woahh, I haven't been on PC much for a few days and already there's news about a new Pokemon generation, in 3D!! :D:D I've just watched the video about Pokemon X & Y and it looks amazing! I would really love to try it out....only if I had a Nintendo 3DS..:/

I don't really know much about this new generation, except that it has an awesome-looking fire-type starter!! <3 That's definitely going to be my choice when I finally get to start my new adventure! Omaigosh, I can't wait!!! :D

When I first saw it while watching the Pokémon Direct, I just was absolutely amazed by the new 3D visuals and it's 3 starter Pokémon were so cute. x3

After watching the trailer for the 2nd and 3rd time, it made me fall in love with Fennekin. It's so adorable. x3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I fell in love with Fennekin first and then gradually grew to love the other two :3333

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I liked all three starters when I first saw them, but leaned towards Froakie as a favorite.

My biggest worry is that pokemon wont be able to walk with you....cuz i didnt see it in the trailer
There's only been three games in the main series that had the Pokemon walking behind the trainer as a feature. I'd be more surprised if they did have this rather than not.

But it isn't like the tripple battle glitch is a small one, it makes you reset your ds to keep playing. Your stuck and it's like dying on a game where it is gameover if you die!
As Toujours is as well, I'm wondering what glitch it is that you're talking about. If it's the "glitch" where you can't switch fainted Pokemon out of battle, then that's just people not knowing how to do that.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I especially fell in love with Fennekin because FOX POKEMON but I also loved Froakie because of how cute it looked ;; Chespin didn't really catch my attention at first, but it's grown on me over the past couple of days XD;

EDIT: You could have Pokemon walk behind you in DPPt! ...Given, that was in Amity Square only :C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back