• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: FR-Johto AddOn Base

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Hello all,
I'm not much on creating threads so I will keep this simple and short.

I bring to you a Base that adds the Johto region as best possible with the default tiles.
Bell Sprout Tower & Tin Tower are an example of what can't be done with the default tiles.
As well as Blackthorn city gym... >_<

No wild Pokemon, music, town names ect have been added to this Base...
Requires Fire Red v1.0

It comes with two versions:
-One with FR intact
&
-One with the Clean patch

Download(Updated-Both are included within the rar) ----------> Here

It can be patched with anything that don't mess with maps from (what I can tell)...
All maps start at map bank 43 and go to map bank 48.
I also added Johto Safari Zone as well.

This is a final for the Johto base...
However I plan to use this base to start on a All region Base, so if anyone has some maps they would like to submit that would be amazing...
Keep in mind though all maps have to use default Fire Red tiles.

At the moment I'm starting to work on the Orange Islands...
Will keep everyone updated as I progress.

Thank you all for your time

Update:
Soon i will revamp this project and try to get to making more Region Bases like this one.
Will try to make it more usable with some of the more popular patches as well
Took the old link out and took the broken picture link out as well and will try to make a new one as soon as I get the time.
Thank you all, and Hope this project as helped!

Last edited:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
this is amazing i just saw the maps there awesome but one problem in fire red i spawn in the kanto reigon and not in the Johto region how would i make myself start in Johto?

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
can someone give me the link to it the smca link on the other thread not working

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Is it possible for you make this rom base using HG/SS style tiles? Or B/W & B2/W2 style tiles? Would it be hard to do? I love this rom base. Why does it need to use default Fire Red tiles?

Last edited:
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Is it possible for you make this rom base using HG/SS style tiles? Or B/W & B2/W2 style tiles? Would it be hard to do? I love this rom base. Why does it need to use default Fire Red tiles?

Sorry Aipom_trainer but at the moment I am not trying to add tiles as just making the maps is rather time consuming much less adding new tiles.
The reason I want to keep using the default FR tiles is for convenience and so I don't end up breaking the rom.

Also tiles are kinda "hack" specific in a way so I will leave it up to those using the base to decide if they would like to add new tiles or not... It really isn't hard, just very time consuming...

Maybe after I get all the regions in(if possible) I might go back and make a clone with new tiles.

I'm working on adding the next region now so should be done in a few days...

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Sorry Aipom_trainer but at the moment I am not trying to add tiles as just making the maps is rather time consuming much less adding new tiles.
The reason I want to keep using the default FR tiles is for convenience and so I don't end up breaking the rom.

Also tiles are kinda "hack" specific in a way so I will leave it up to those using the base to decide if they would like to add new tiles or not... It really isn't hard, just very time consuming...

Maybe after I get all the regions in(if possible) I might go back and make a clone with new tiles.

I'm working on adding the next region now so should be done in a few days...
It's okay. The reason I asked was because of things like route 22 & Viridian Forest are much cooler looking in HG/SS tiles than FR/LG tiles. Also did you add the clearing outside Mt. Moon where the Clefairy dance at midnight, and where the shop is?

Last edited:

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020
Just think that one day, we could use this All Regions base hack for Fire Red, along with the 649 Pokemon base hack (or maybe the 721 Pokemon base hack when it's released), and come up with a true all Regions/all Pokemon game in one Fire Red ROM. :)

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Aipom_trainer-It's okay. The reason I asked was because of things like route 22 & Viridian Forest are much cooler looking in HG/SS tiles than FR/LG tiles. Also did you add the clearing outside Mt. Moon where the Clefairy dance at midnight, and where the shop is?

I could only agree with you on that >_< HG/SS tiles would look amazing (if resized right).
I haven't touched one script or map on the Kanto side other than the building to the Indigo league...
You actually can load up a save file right in and take a walk through the ghost region of Johto, I even patched mr.dollsteaks base to one of my tests and it didn't hurt the save file either (from what I can tell >_<) interestingly enough...

RaidenRaider-Just think that one day, we could use this All Regions base hack for Fire Red, along with the 649 Pokemon base hack (or maybe the 721 Pokemon base hack when it's released), and come up with a true all Regions/all Pokemon game in one Fire Red ROM.
1.%20smile.gif

That would be rather interesting to say the least ^_^
From what I can tell as long as a patch don't mess with tiles or maps it should be compatible with other Bases.

When I say adding all the regions I mean all the main series games and the others that are not to known about. Like Orre, Fiore, Oblivia, Almia, Ransei, Holon, Decolore Islands, Orange Archipelago, Rota, Guyana, Ferrum and Southern Islands...
In theory FR can hold 15,876 maps so I think we should be good... Might take a bit but the more it becomes a community project the less time it will take... ^_^

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
This is great! I just want to ask if you have plans on making the "new" places from HG/SS such as Route 48, Johto Safari Zone, Pokéathlon Dome and Johto Battle Frontier? Also the "new" places from Kanto such as Kanto Pal Park and Mt. Moon Square? And can we extract a map/some maps from your patch and place them in another WIP hack should we only need some of them and modify them? Credits will be given of course... Just asking...

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
This is great! I just want to ask if you have plans on making the "new" places from HG/SS such as Route 48, Johto Safari Zone, Pokéathlon Dome and Johto Battle Frontier? Also the "new" places from Kanto such as Kanto Pal Park and Mt. Moon Square? And can we extract a map/some maps from your patch and place them in another WIP hack should we only need some of them and modify them? Credits will be given of course... Just asking...

I do have to add the Johto Safari Zone and the Battle tower is in but will need to be fixed which I will probably do...
As for the rest I will look into it for sure... ^_^
At the moment I haven't touched Kanto and will try to refrain from doing so until I have at least 3 regions...

If you or anyone else wants to take maps and use them in your own hacks or bases I don't mind at all ^_^

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020
That would be rather interesting to say the least ^_^
From what I can tell as long as a patch don't mess with tiles or maps it should be compatible with other Bases.

When I say adding all the regions I mean all the main series games and the others that are not to known about. Like Orre, Fiore, Oblivia, Almia, Ransei, Holon, Decolore Islands, Orange Archipelago, Rota, Guyana, Ferrum and Southern Islands...
In theory FR can hold 15,876 maps so I think we should be good... Might take a bit but the more it becomes a community project the less time it will take... ^_^

Yeah, it would be amazing to visit Kanto (full Gen I revival), Johto (full Gen II revival), Hoenn (full Gen III revival), Sinnoh (full Gen IV revival), Unova (full Gen V revival) and Kalos (full Gen VI revival), as well as Orre, Fiore, Oblivia, Almia, Ransei, Holon, Decolore Islands, the Orange Archipelago (which has always been weirdly forgotten about in the games), Rota, Guyana, Ferrum and Southern Islands, all in one ROM without having to start another game, so having 15,876 maps in Fire Red should make this possible.

And once the 649 or 721 Pokemon patches are applied, we could get the wild Pokemon, trainers, battles and more, working in all of these locations, so that everything feels authentic, and become, say like a true Pokemon Anniversary game, because everything is in one ROM.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I'll admit, this is a very creative idea. But, wouldn't it be a better idea to just include the main game regions in an All Regions patch? Yeah, side regions would be awesome, but a GBA game has its limitations. For example, how are you planning on implementing more flying positions within each city? Plus, you said it yourself, there are certain places that need specific tiles that Fire Red does not have. Picture trying to recreate Castelia city from Black and White! I mean, unless you make a demaked version of the cities and towns, which would be totally fine. Look, I support the idea of this, but you should just stick to the main regions...

Yeah, it would be amazing to visit Kanto (full Gen I revival), Johto (full Gen II revival), Hoenn (full Gen III revival), Sinnoh (full Gen IV revival), Unova (full Gen V revival) and Kalos (full Gen VI revival), as well as Orre, Fiore, Oblivia, Almia, Ransei, Holon, Decolore Islands, the Orange Archipelago (which has always been weirdly forgotten about in the games), Rota, Guyana, Ferrum and Southern Islands, all in one ROM without having to start another game, so having 15,876 maps in Fire Red should make this possible.

And once the 649 or 721 Pokemon patches are applied, we could get the wild Pokemon, trainers, battles and more, working in all of these locations, so that everything feels authentic, and become, say like a true Pokemon Anniversary game, because everything is in one ROM.

We know next to nothing about Holon, the Southern Islands, and Ferrum. Guyana is assumedly the region that Faraway Island is located in or near, so that's the only area we have for that region. Rota would only be three or four areas. And I'd hate to be the poor sap that works out the level curve for such a game. You'd be level 100 halfway through Hoenn. You'd have to force a restart by locking Pokemon away at the beginning of a new region, and at that point, why do it all in one save file?

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
LCCoolJ95-I'll admit, this is a very creative idea. But, wouldn't it be a better idea to just include the main game regions in an All Regions patch? Yeah, side regions would be awesome, but a GBA game has its limitations. For example, how are you planning on implementing more flying positions within each city? Plus, you said it yourself, there are certain places that need specific tiles that Fire Red does not have. Picture trying to recreate Castelia city from Black and White! I mean, unless you make a demaked version of the cities and towns, which would be totally fine. Look, I support the idea of this, but you should just stick to the main regions...

I intended this base to be just that, a base or foundation better yet...
Flying potions an even tiles are up to the one using the base to implement

As I can tell the base is compatible with JPAN's Hacked Engine patch so I don't see that being a problem.
Now as for World Maps I haven't ever added one in the first place so I really can't say but I assume it would take custom asm and research to expand it... (Again not sure as I am not good with asm just yet)

I will however focus on adding the main Regions be for the others and with each region added I will have a new download separate from not only the Johto Addon base but each one added as well...

As for the spin-off regions I just find them interesting even though I have never played any of the games which include them (if in a game at all). So Including them to the best of what FR will allow will be fun in my opinion...

What is interesting about this is you don't have to use the base at all, you can take the maps as needed and when all regions have been added, there will be a whole bunch of maps people can use right away.
When all is done I will look into adding new things like tiles, asm ect but that is when all maps have been added...

I know there is a way to create new Parent Tilesets which would be perfect for each region to have its own Main tileset 0.. but more on that later down the line ^_^

We know next to nothing about Holon, the Southern Islands, and Ferrum. Guyana is assumedly the region that Faraway Island is located in or near, so that's the only area we have for that region. Rota would only be three or four areas. And I'd hate to be the poor sap that works out the level curve for such a game. You'd be level 100 halfway through Hoenn. You'd have to force a restart by locking Pokemon away at the beginning of a new region, and at that point, why do it all in one save file?

Exactly! which makes those regions just seem cool I guess...
The level curve, world maps ect would all be a problem I can see as well >_<
With some imagination I am sure someone could figure something out, not everything has been done or seen yet...

Some would say increase the level of the Pokemon or lower exp gain ect at this point I just haven't the time to look into it or brain storm some ideas..
Think of it this way if someone wants a region in there game they can come here pull the maps and be golden...

Its a Base and a rather simplistic one for the sake of not wanting to break the rom or compatibility with other main Bases/Patches... ^_^

RaidenRaider

I WILL Catch'em ALL!!!!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 15, 2020

I'm sure something could be worked out, like increasing the level of the Pokemon or lower the .Exp Gain, or by doing what Ash did in the Anime before going off to Hoenn. Leaving any captured Pokemon with Prof. Oak, and then you can reclaim them from him once you complete each region, but not before. Only then can you say take Chikorita to Sinnoh or Hoenn, and say Electrivire to Kalos, etc. You can say keep the Pokedex's for all Pokemon seen and caught in each region to unlock newer items and equipment in the later regions, or even to say trade newer Pokemon to older ones, which can only be done when that specific region is cleared of all gyms and leagues etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Guyana isn't a region in the Pokemon World, it's a nation in South America like it is real life. And Far Away Island is thought to be a part of The nation of Guyana. The Pokemon regions are only a small part of the Pokemon World. Lt. Surge is called the 'Lightning' American & served in the American military, in FR/LG a scientist says Silp. Co has a branch in Russia, Mew was originally discovered in the jungles of the South American country Guyana This is mentioned in logs inside of Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Mansion, Ash mentions Minnesota in the first move when he said vikings only live there now a days, In School of Hard Knocks, Misty fantasizes about Paris and the Eiffel Tower. In The Ninja Poké-Showdown, James says that the Fuchsia Gym looks like a Japanese restaurant.In the English dub of The March of the Exeggutor Squad, Melvin says he wanted to make it to Las Vegas. In the Japanese version, he said that he wanted to make it to Broadway. Arcanine's Pokémon Yellow, Stadium, Gold, FireRed, and HeartGold Pokédex entries state that it is mentioned in Chinese legends. In The Evolution Solution, Meowth says, "Keep digging till you hit China!" to Jessie and James, who were digging for clam shells. Parasect's Stadium and FireRed Pokédex entries mention that its spores are used in medicine in China. Ponyta's Stadium Pokédex entry mentions that it can clear the Eiffel Tower (Tokyo Tower in the original Japanese version) in one leap. Also, its FireRed entry says that it can clear Ayers Rock in one leap. In the William Shakespeare-inspired episode Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?, Misty described the town as like being in "merry old England". In Mewtwo Strikes Back, Team Rocket are disguised as Vikings. In the English dub, Brock says that he didn't know that Vikings still existed and Ash replies that they "mostly live in Minnesota". This is a reference to the Minnesota Vikings, a football team in the area. In the Swedish dub of the movie, Ash says that they come from Norway, a reference to the Norse Vikings who lived from the 8th to the 11th century. In the Danish dub of the movie, Ash tells Brock that the Vikings are mostly on trips in Sweden, again referring to the Norse Vikings, but may also refer to Vikingarna, a Swedish dansband. In the Finnish dub of the movie, Ash quips that Vikings still live in the Sipoo archipelago, referring to the fact that Sipoo is mostly inhabited by Swedish-speaking Finns (another reference to Norse Vikings). Poliwrath's Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, Black, and White Pokédex entries mention its ability to swim the Pacific Ocean. Also, the direction of a Poliwrath's spirals depends on its geographical location. Xatu's Silver, FireRed, and SoulSilver Pokédex entries mention that South Americans say that it can see both the future and past. In the TCG Lucky Stadium (Neo Destiny 100) card, there is a promotional New York City print with a Pichu and a Pikachu flying on a Charizard in New York City, with the Empire State Building visible in the background. At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo is shown overlooking a "faraway city" that greatly resembles New York City. Buildings similar to the Chrysler Building and the MetLife Building are visible in the distance. In Can't Beat the Heat, Ash's Charizard uses Seismic Toss. Normally, a cloudy globe can be seen, but this time the Pacific Ocean and Australia are prominent. This also happens in Volcanic Panic and the introduction to Mewtwo Strikes Back. In FireRed and LeafGreen, Blaine refers to Kyoto in the original Japanese version. Delibird's Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Pokédex entries explain that a Delibird helped a famous explorer reach the top of Mt. Everest. In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it instead refers to "world's highest mountain," which is what Mt. Everest is to Earth. Regice's Emerald Pokédex entry mentions Antarctic ice. In the English dub of The Scheme Team, Jessie talks about Antarctica, the place where their next assignment is located. In the movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Kidd's boss's office is in a city that resembles New York City. In Pasta La Vista!, an ad in May's food guidebook mentions "Chinese noodles". A Guitarist that can be battled in the Battle Frontier mentions that his guitar is actually a Japanese instrument. Upon defeating Fisherman Bronson in the Sinnoh Battle Tower, he will say, "Why the emperor of fishing? It's an ancient Chinese legend...". In the Hindi dub of Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!, while Ash's Oshawott was perfecting Aqua Jet, Cilan states "Jana Tha Japan Par Pahuch Gaye China", which refers to the real-world countries of Japan and China. In Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokémon Knight"!, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe were seen on a movie poster. In the Hindi Dub of Mega Revelations! , Meowth says "Hum sab kuch jante hai Kashmir se Kanyakumari tak" which refers to real indian cities of Kashmir and Kanyakumari. In Pokémon Shipwreck, Brock directly refers to the tale of Noah who sent a dove to find dry land after a great flood, according to most Abrahamic religions. The Japanese holiday Hinamatsuri (means Doll Festival, but sometimes referred to as Girls' Day) is featured in Princess vs. Princess (dubbed as the Princess Festival). The Japanese holiday Children's Day (Kodomo no Hi) is featured in The Purr-fect Hero (dubbed as Kids Day). Christmas is mentioned several times in the anime and manga. Santa Claus is a recurring character in the Pokémon anime who first appeared in Holiday Hi-Jynx. In the dub, Santa's home is called the North Pole. In Celebi: Voice of the Forest, Meowth asks if they saw the Iron-Masked Marauder in a Mexican wrestling movie. In A Bite to Remember, Jessie says that Albert Einstein created the light bulb. Max corrects her, saying that Thomas Edison was the creator. In Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, a Team Rocket Grunt mentions the hula dance to a Kimono Girl while in the Kimono Dance Theater. In Black, White, Black 2, and White 2, the woman in Mistralton City who normally gives a Heart Scale in exchange for ten Sweet Hearts will trade a Heart Scale for only five Sweet Hearts on Valentine's Day and White Day. Raichu and Gastly's FireRed Pokédex entries mention both Pokémon being able to easily knock out an Indian Elephant, an actual animal. The Arceus event that takes place in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver includes real life pictures in the game. In Beheeyem, Duosion, and the Dream Thief!, a painting within the resort created by Beheeyem bears a striking resemblance to Relativity by M. C. Escher. So if it's put into this patch then would you have other locations like it like New York City or China?

Last edited:
cut for brevity

Woah. Anime canon and game canon are two totally different things. The games and the anime take place in two different universes. Recently, Game Freak has been removing real-world references from the games and Pokedex entries (and non-English localization teams have been removing real-world references since RBY. The German localization refers to Guyana instead as "a jungle, deep in no-man's land" in the Cinnabar Mansion Journals. The reference to Silph having a branch in Russia is changed to refer to another branch existing somewhere non-specific), which leads me to believe that the Pokemon World is separate from Earth but shares similar geography and "national groups". If Kalos was conceptualized in Gen 1, I'm sure Ponyta's Pokedex entry would've instead referred to the Lumiose Tower. You yourself cite the removal of real-world references in ORAS Pokedex entries. The problem is that Game Freak had no way of knowing what a continuing phenomenon Pokemon would become, and instead tied the earlier games into the real-world instead of into the Pokemon world. Many other contemporary games pulled a similar stunt where Japan is changed to fit their canon, but the rest of the world is the same. It's easier to do so because they don't have to make up a whole world history, but can still refer to familiar places elsewhere in the world. Things like referencing the hula dance in HGSS don't mean that real-world Hawaii is sitting unchanged in the Pokemon World, it likely means that the Pokemon World has a Hawaii analogue region where people hula dance, like Arizona has an analogue in Orre. We don't have evidence of nations being called anything but regions in the game, which is why I referred to Guyana as one. I'm confident, however, that if we ever get a release that includes the Cinnabar Mansion journals again (whether another remake or in a library or something) that reference will be changed, like many others before it.

Back