• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
Dantethesaint7, please don't post in threads that are older than a month old. Be sure to check the date of the last valid post in a thread- if a month or more has passed, you may not post in it.

diegoisawesome, if you want this reopened should you have an update to post or something, then feel free to contact either myself or colcolstyles.

Closed~

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thanks for reopening the thread, gira.
Anyways, the reason for the reopening is because of the levels finally being fixed. Sorry that you had to wait two months for this, but the level guy didn't feel like doing it until now. :/
It's been uploaded again, so download and patch to a new ROM!

Sierraffinity

Years
Are you continuing work on this hack or is this the last update?

Hi diegoisawesome, will there be more updates after this one or was the thread reopened so you could post just one final update?
This won't be the final update, but there won't be any more until I get CrystalDust Beta 2 out to the public.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Mikachu looks awesome!

What other parts of previous gen regions will you be looking into venturing into?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2015
This looks great! I really want to play it but when I click on the download link for the Beta, I get all these weird symbols. I'm not really sure how to download it. x.X

Years
First off, I just wanna say that this game is incredible. Really fantastic work, man. I've really only noticed one main issue: there are two people (one is a chef and one is a regular guy) in the kitchen in Vantrek city who, when spoken to, cause the game to freeze, there are also a few others in that room who do not say anything when spoken to. I can't wait for you to release beta 3.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I'd try to play this game this evening, downloading it now. :'D .. Hopefully this is as good as the ones that I had previously played, looking at the screenshots. I'm sure it'll be!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
kinda hopeing this thread is not down or this game is a dead hack

great game love the story of it all but i have a problem with the pokegear it doesn't seem to want to respond to me for some reason......... but still love the game and cant wait for next beta

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
fittz, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

diego, if you want this thread to be reopened then just message either giradialkia or myself :D

blue

gucci
Years
Well, work has finally restarted on Shining Opal. Now I want to ask everyone a question: Should I have less trainers that you have to battle on the routes and in Vorril Forest?

Great to hear! Also less trainers would mean more grinding for training in the wild so I'm sure people would be in favour of adding more.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well, work has finally restarted on Shining Opal. Now I want to ask everyone a question: Should I have less trainers that you have to battle on the routes and in Vorril Forest?

No, you shouldn't. More Trainers mean more fun. It's better than grinding with wild PKMN.

Wait a minute, if this hack is in progress again, then what about Crystal Dust? Are you fine with working on 2 hacks at the same time?

Sierraffinity

Years

Great to hear! Also less trainers would mean more grinding for training in the wild so I'm sure people would be in favour of adding more.

No, you shouldn't. More Trainers mean more fun. It's better than grinding with wild PKMN.

Wait a minute, if this hack is in progress again, then what about Crystal Dust? Are you fine with working on 2 hacks at the same time?
The problem is that there are just too many trainers. And I'm talking about ridiculous numbers. There are 61 trainers before the 4th badge.

Also, CrystalDust is paused for now. I've been working like this for a while now: work on one, release a beta, fix bugs, work on the other, release a beta, fix bugs, go back to the first.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The typical Trainer structure is nothing on the first travelled area, two or three in the second area, then ramp it up in the third. I wouldn't expect more than five Trainers on a Route this early in the game, though Unova Routes 3 and 4 both have a lot of optional Trainer battles you can seek out (the playground in 3, and an out of the way area in 4), whereas those in Unova Route 5 are mainly forced but all avoidable along the bottom (fence) area.

As long as the battles are not all forced and some can be sought by, say, talking to Fishermen or something, with the option to go through Grass to avoid others if you're weak at the time, I don't see a problem with including them. If there are 61 forced Trainer battles before the fourth Gym...that is excessive, but having 61 Trainer battles itself is not a problem at all if some (many?) are optional. Some forced battles would be a great idea, as it can't be all easy. :) (I think it's too many, as that's a LOT of optional battles, but hey.)

Note I just saw this game today when the thread was reopened. Would you like me to give it a shot and offer an analysis?

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Years
The typical Trainer structure is nothing on the first travelled area, two or three in the second area, then ramp it up in the third. I wouldn't expect more than five Trainers on a Route this early in the game, though Unova Routes 3 and 4 both have a lot of optional Trainer battles you can seek out (the playground in 3, and an out of the way area in 4), whereas those in Unova Route 5 are mainly forced but all avoidable along the bottom (fence) area.

As long as the battles are not all forced and some can be sought by, say, talking to Fishermen or something, with the option to go through Grass to avoid others if you're weak at the time, I don't see a problem with including them. If there are 61 forced Trainer battles before the fourth Gym...that is excessive, but having 61 Trainer battles itself is not a problem at all if some (many?) are optional. Some forced battles would be a great idea, as it can't be all easy. :) (I think it's too many, as that's a LOT of optional battles, but hey.)

Note I just saw this game today when the thread was reopened. Would you like me to give it a shot and offer an analysis?

Cyclone
Sure, that would be all right. Maybe you could even help me with the balancing itself and tell me what trainers should be on what route with what Pokémon, and also help me even out the Gym Leaders.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Sure, that would be all right. Maybe you could even help me with the balancing itself and tell me what trainers should be on what route with what Pokémon, and also help me even out the Gym Leaders.
I'm sure I could do that! What I'll do is download the things, patch it (I have a patcher, just have to download this and the ROM), and hope it works on VBA on my first try (new computer to run VBA on); barring any issues (and while taking a break from training and breeding in Black, I tend to go maybe a half hour or hour at a time then plop it on the charger so I never run out of juice during a long session with unfinished business), I can make up maps and jot down notes of trainers in here. I'll refer to that media when offering my opinion. :)

Oh, and I'll be abusing save states in this instance. Having played on the DS now, I have acquired the ability to play better without cheating like that, but while testing out battle sight lines and such I'll need them strategically. ;)

I'll be updating here. :)

Cyclone

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
well i think in my opinion you should reduce the number of trainers before the fourth gym........ i mean 61 trainers are a little too much maybe 30-35 will do

Back