• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
latest update: some came up and i cant work on LC for a few hours. cant say why but just to let people know i have to leave for a bit.

link

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well, I want a Beta with the Trainer Suggestions.

It will be super cool! The only thing I don't really like about this Hack is the fact that you
rushed it, LaZ. I want a Hack which is not rushed. (And that would be the best G/S/C remake ever!)

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Good day, LaZ.

I appreciate that you've included some of my remixes.

But I haven't found the Team Rocket Battle theme while browsing in Sappy...

Haven't you included it?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014

It will be super cool! The only thing I don't really like about this Hack is the fact that you
rushed it, LaZ. I want a Hack which is not rushed. (And that would be the best G/S/C remake ever!)
Then make one, until then stop complaining.

linkandzelda

Years

Well im back now and lukily i got some traienrs inserted. i havent really rushed it. some parts i did but most of the time im a quick worker :P

Good day, LaZ.

I appreciate that you've included some of my remixes.

But I haven't found the Team Rocket Battle theme while browsing in Sappy...

Haven't you included it?

i havent inserted the rocket battled yet. im waiting till a later ebta for it :D.

btw you wont find all the music in sappy... but its there... thats all im saying :D

update: the beta is ready i think. i inserted a few of the traienrs but havent tested them. there should be no problems though.
for more info on what trainers are check the first post

well here is the links to beta 2.1:

.UPS
http://www.sendspace.com/file/91574n

.IPS
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cmextz

Make sure you patch to FIRE RED BPRE. thats US V1.0

the UPS patcher is on the fiirst page.

REMEMBER TO PATCH ALWAYS TO A CLEAN ROM.

DONT USE THE OLD SAVE FROM 2.0 EITHER :D

now to talk about the orange islands...

people may think that becuase its called the orange islnds that it is the islands from the anime. well its not. its just called the orange islands with a few similatirys and events from the anime. there will only be 5 big islands and not lots like the anime.

just wanted people to know what.

well enjoy the beta and hopefully this one isnt bugged up like before :P. again not saying there arnt any bugs though...
post if you find any :P

link

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Having loads of fun, though two glitches to report so far, first off, when you go to select Chikorita, for some reason, the I at the beginning of what he says is missing, the odd thing is that it is there for all the other starters. The other is that I caught a rattata and the pokedex entry was blank, it had the size info and all of that, but the actual data about it was not there, the box was empty

Edit: uh-oh, it seems to be doing it with every pokemon I catch, so only cyndaquil, my starter, has any data, presumably cause he counted as caught even before I got the dex

Edit 2: hmm, that is odd, it happened for pidgey, spearow, and rattata but hoot-hoot had all its data, and so did cyndaquil, I am gonna go catch at least one more johto and one more kanto pokemon and see if it is what I think it is, I suspect it has something to do with the national dex as opposed to the kanto dex

Edit 3: (sorry to keep editing my post, but it seems better than multiposting, and I numbered the edits for archival reasons) yep, I was right, it appears that, for some reason, kanto pokemon do not have the data show up(though they register as caught and get the size info and location and such, just not the main piece of the data) ahh well, it is not too bad, the data is nice but by no means needed anyway, so, I'll continue

Edit 4: now this is weird, poliwag did have the data, any idea what is going on? am I the only one encountering this?

Edit 5: alright, I caught swablu and the data did display, so not sure what is happening exactly, anyway, though, I am off to class, so, I cannot keep following this for a couple hours(and even then I may have projects, so, we will have to see)

Last edited:

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
oh, i ve met the first requested trainer, outside of violet city, named Cooltrainer Gabe!
are there gastlys in the sprout tower?
I am looking for one, but there are no pokemon sights for more that 5 minutes!

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
You know how the rival is meant to have the strongest type against you? Well, my rival has a Totodile when I got one too.

This is on the newest beta by the way. Thought I'd point it out.

linkandzelda

Years
Having loads of fun, though two glitches to report so far, first off, when you go to select Chikorita, for some reason, the I at the beginning of what he says is missing, the odd thing is that it is there for all the other starters. The other is that I caught a rattata and the pokedex entry was blank, it had the size info and all of that, but the actual data about it was not there, the box was empty

Edit: uh-oh, it seems to be doing it with every pokemon I catch, so only cyndaquil, my starter, has any data, presumably cause he counted as caught even before I got the dex

Edit 2: hmm, that is odd, it happened for pidgey, spearow, and rattata but hoot-hoot had all its data, and so did cyndaquil, I am gonna go catch at least one more johto and one more kanto pokemon and see if it is what I think it is, I suspect it has something to do with the national dex as opposed to the kanto dex

Edit 3: (sorry to keep editing my post, but it seems better than multiposting, and I numbered the edits for archival reasons) yep, I was right, it appears that, for some reason, kanto pokemon do not have the data show up(though they register as caught and get the size info and location and such, just not the main piece of the data) ahh well, it is not too bad, the data is nice but by no means needed anyway, so, I'll continue

Edit 4: now this is weird, poliwag did have the data, any idea what is going on? am I the only one encountering this?

Edit 5: alright, I caught swablu and the data did display, so not sure what is happening exactly, anyway, though, I am off to class, so, I cannot keep following this for a couple hours(and even then I may have projects, so, we will have to see)

it seems that the first 30 or so pokemon in the kanto dex dosnt have the description. i put it back in but ti just goes away agin. not too sure why :\

woot! my trainer is in the game =D
playing beta 2 now I'll report any bugs and such , if I find any x).

thanks. :P

oh, i ve met the first requested trainer, outside of violet city, named Cooltrainer Gabe!

i put pokemon in there but they never show. there are gaslys on route 36 tough.

would be interested in being a trainer for the hack :)

Trainer infomation

*What is your trainers Name? Darthalex
*What is your trainer Class? Psychic
Which in-battle sprite should your trainer have? Psychic male sprite form fire red/ leaf green

If any, Which items should your trainer have (max 4)? none

Pokemon Infomation

*How many Pokemon does your trainer have (max 6)? 6

*Which Pokemon? Kadabra
What moves does it know? Light screen, psychic, confusion, future sight
What item does it carry? brightpowder

*Which Pokemon? Haunter
What moves does it know? hypnosis, dream eater, shadow ball, curse
What item does it carry? lum berry

*Which Pokemon? Gardevoir
What moves does it know? Psychic, hypnosis, dream eater, calm mind

*Which Pokemon? Shedinja
What moves does it know? Shadow ball, grudge, confuse ray, leech life

*Which Pokemon?Wobbuffet
What moves does it know? Counter, mirror coat, safeguard, destiny bond
What item does it carry? leftovers

*Which Pokemon? Dusclops
What moves does it know? Shadow Punch, Pursuit, Will o wisp, confuse ray
What item does it carry?leftovers

Location Infomation

*Which region will your trainer be in? Kanto
*Which town/route should your trainer be in? the route directly east of vermillion
*What position whould your trainer be at? centre of the grass
If known, what are Cordinates your trainer should be at?

Other Trainer infomation

If any, In Which Weather do you want to Appear?
Should your trainer appear after/before a current event?yes, only after having beaten sabrina
Does your trainer dissapear after the battle? no

Trainer Text

*What does your trainer say before the battle? Sabrina is nothing compared to me, prepare to lose
*What does your trainer say when beaten? Such power, i am in awe, you are a true Pokemaster
*What does your trainer say when talking to after the battle? We shall meet again, i have forseen it
What does your trainer say when talking to after using the VS SEEKER? A rematch, so be it, but this time i will be triumphant

would be flattered to be included in this am so far really impressed with beta 2.1 :)

thanks dude but trainer requests in a pm are the only ones looked at now... unless my pm box is filled lol.

You know how the rival is meant to have the strongest type against you? Well, my rival has a Totodile when I got one too.

This is on the newest beta by the way. Thought I'd point it out.

hmm. that seems annoying. it works fro the cyndaquil and chikorita and hasnt been like that in any of the previous betas.

update: nothing much. just trainer requests that are posted in the thread wont be looked at unless my pm box is full. please pm them too me...

link

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Yeah, I told LaZ of this too. In the original you could catch Gastley's and Rattata's in bellsprout tower. They're RARE but you can catch them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
I just beat Zane the first time, but I have already found several graphical bugs, mainly involving ELM. He has some serious problems with that exclamation point box glitching up throughout his script. And once I took my fist step after his script was done he had a red box flash up above his head. Another odd thing, some text was missing from a few of the descriptions of the starters. I haven't seen anything else yet so if those are the only glitches, then I will be very happy with beta 2.1 (never could get anywhere in 1.1 thanks to the crashing glitch) I will report any other glitches that I find if they haven't already been posted.

I'm playing this on my DS Lite using a flashcard to run it on the real GBA hardware. Music sounds much better this time around and the graphics are great. Keep up the great work, can't wait for beta 3.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I know why they probably don't show in the Sprout Tower. you need to set the tile option to start Wild Pokemon Battles... Anyway, I detected a severe bug. I noticed an impassable piece of ground to the left of the gym, talked to it and the game froze.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I know why they probably don't show in the Sprout Tower. you need to set the tile option to start Wild Pokemon Battles... Anyway, I detected a severe bug. I noticed an impassable piece of ground to the left of the gym, talked to it and the game froze.

That's a hidden sprite.

Sorry about that LaZ, it's my fault because when I inserted the gym, I edited the movement permissions and I made the bacl of it passable (like it is in most Pokemon games) and I saw the axel OW and I checked to see if it had an ID and it did do I assumed that the flag was set while entering Violet City. Sorry about that :(

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
That's a hidden sprite.

Sorry about that LaZ, it's my fault because when I inserted the gym, I edited the movement permissions and I made the bacl of it passable (like it is in most Pokemon games) and I saw the axel OW and I checked to see if it had an ID and it did do I assumed that the flag was set while entering Violet City. Sorry about that :(

Wrong. I had a look in Advance Map, and no sprite was there. Unless it was Axel's after he ran in front of me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back