• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard
Diana paled and cried out as the attack struck her metal body and she staggered back and groaned as she started seeing stars in her eyes. She wobbled a bit as Lucia bit her lower lip. "Diana! Get up and focus!" She shouted to the Aron. It took a while but the Aron finally managed to get over her dizzy spell and shook her head, trying to clear up her vision.

Lucia frowned, "Another hit like that and Diana would go down." She pointed out once more, "Diana, go in with Metal Claw once more!" The Aron ran forward and attempted to slice her claws against the Bagon's chest. She jumped back as Lucia smiled, now... she would see if Diana had what it took.

Roberto gazed over and peered at Diana. How he wanted her to prove herself right now! To show how loyal she could be to Lucia! If she did it right, then Roberto would make sure that she got the training that she needed. It was only right that a strong pokemon would stay with Lucia. If she didn't.... then certain measures would have to be taken.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Outside Pokemon Center; Battle #3

As Mark had the idea of a double battle, and sending out his Porygon2, Commodore and his Gligar, recently named Kara, Danielle wanted to talk to her Pokemon about the battle before things got started. Danielle liked how things were going. She learned how double battles worked with her uncle before. So, she is a bit familiar with them. "Double battle? Sure. Gimme a sec while I talk with my Pokemon." Danielle replied. She told Mienfoo and Ozzy to get closer to her and huddled up. Danielle faced both Mienfoo and Ozzy in a concerned state.

"Mien?" Mienfoo asked.

"You two need to work together and listen to what I say as I say it. One mistake and the battle is already a disaster." Danielle said, "I haven't done a double battle, nor I have taught you both about double battling, but I know what they're loke and you'll get the idea once you're both out in the field. Listen, and you guys will succeed. Capiche?"

Ozzy became a bit confused about what Danielle said...hardly grasping any of the information, but he quickly nodded and smiled. Mienfoo, on the other hand, he winked and cheered. Ready for anything.

"I knew I could count on you two! Make me proud." Danielle hugged both of her Pokemon at the same time. She lets go and faces Mark. "We're ready."

"Pachi Pachi Pachiiii!" Ozzy ran to the center. Mienfoo jumped forward and struck another fighting pose, facing the Porygon2 and the Gligar.

"Yes, I'm ready. Obviously I'm using both Mienfoo and Ozzy. Both of them are determined to do the best." Facing those two Pokemon, Danielle felt it'll be a tough challenge. How strong are Mark's Pokemon? There aren't that many advantages, especially for Ozzy. Mienfoo may struggle a bit with Kara, but she knows him very well. Danielle sighed, she looked up and shouted. "Bring it on, Mark!"​

Megan Sandoval - Pokemon Center

Megan's Pokemon was ready and healed. She took the Pokeballs from the nurse, and released only Mimi. "Come out, Mimi." But instead, a different Pokemon came out of the Pokemon. Whether she got the wrong Pokeball or something...out came a Shelmet. It cheered and smiled and jumped.

"Shelmet! Shelmet!"

"Avan! You silly little Shelmet!" Megan said. "You weren't supposed to come out of the pokeball!" She aimed the Pokeball at her Shelmet, but he managed to hide behind Megan's left leg. It shook with fear. Megan felt bad for the Shelmet. She picks him up and hugs him. "Oh, Avan. I'm sorry. I wasn't going to let you out until I trained you enough. I guess I can just let you out for a bit. But no Mankey business, okay?"

"Shelmet!" Avan cheered. It jumped on the ground and cheered.

"Hmmm..." Megan took out another Pokeball. And released it into the air. Out came another Pokemon...it was Bree, the Espeon.

"Espeeee?" The Espeon shook her head.

"Still no Mimi. But at least I have two companions." Megan said. "Where do you guys want to go next?"

"Espeee!" Bree answered. Avan jumped and smiled.

"I was thinking the beach. I want to see the sunset before we go back home." Megan started to walk with her two Pokemon. The two Pokemon cheered and started to run towards the door. Megan had to catch up towards them. It was the beach as their next destination. Who knows what other stuff is going to come up for them.

As they came out of the Center, there was one less battle now. She quickly noticed Danielle about to battle a Raikouer. It seems like a double battle. Good luck, Danielle. Was the thought in her mind. She kept walking towards the path to the Academy, heading to the Beach.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
She accepted the Double Battle offer. Perfect. For once he could try out this style of battle now. Both Commodore and Kara were prepared to battle. The main disadvantage was that they were both a bit slower then their opponents but Mark had a plan to fix that fairly easily later on. For now he had to take care of the disadvantage Porygon had against Mienfoo.

"Alright let's start by setting up. Porygon, Use Reflect! Kara, use Harden!" Mark said. Porygon put up a defensive barrier around both itself and Kara while Kara upped her own defenses by hardening up her skin to take more of a beating. It'd hopefully compensate for being a much lower level for now. Mark wasn't prepared to attack just yet...

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

'Maybe you'll catch one, one day.' Ruby smiled and nodded at him, he seemed to really like dragonairs, and according to everything, it sounds like he really wants one too.

Then Daniel asked her in which dorm she was. 'I'm in the Entei Dorm.' Ruby answered still patting Hikari and scratching her chin. Hikari wasn't listening to the human conversation though, she was still listening to Alexis who told her it was okay not to evolve. 'Ruby even saved me a few times from evolving.' Hikari said to Alexis. 'And after she won this everstone, she made it in a necklace shape for me.' Hikari pointed to the necklace with a little stone with her paw.

Daniel reached out his hand to Hikari so that she would be able to sniff it. Hikari sniffed his hand a little, but then turned away from him with a little "hmph.". 'H-hikari??' Ruby called out her name suprised but then understood why she did that. 'P-please excuse her, she's THINKING things again....' Ruby apologized, saying the "THINKING" part louder than the rest. Hikari saw how her trainer was looking at her, she decided to lay her head in Daniel's hand afterall.

'Hikari with her jokes...' Ruby sighed ashamed. 'Please forgive her, she didn't mean that...' Ruby felt really bad of it. 'Right Hikari?' Ruby started patting her again. Hikari letted out a little 'poochhhh~' as in 'hmhm~'.

Years
Cherie was a new Pokemon trainer, and had just earned the Boulder Badge. She did not go to the Pokemon Center in Pewter City. Instead, she travelled straight to the Academy.
Upon reaching the location, her Pokemon companion cried, "Ratta! Ratta!" (I hear something over there!) Rattata was tired after the long walk, but he dashes over to the location where he had heard a voice. She followed him, and soon, I came across a boy and a girl, with a Poochi. She walks closer to be heard, yet far enough not to be too intruding.

She called politely, "Hello. Are you from the Academy? My name is Cherie Fira David, and I am here to register at the academy."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak
The Beach​

"Heh, maybe I will... and Entei? Awh. I'm in Suicune, so uh… I guess we'd just have to meet up every now and then. If you have a pokégear, I could give you my number? I, uh… just bought it like an hour or two ago." He admitted with an embarrassed little smile, glancing to his satchel.

As the Poochenya snorted at him, he pulled his hand a little back, not wanting to get bitten, but he shook his head a little at Ruby, waving his other hand dismissively. "No no, it's alright Ruby. I mean, to her I probably am the reason you hurt yourself, so…" He blinked a little as Hikari decided to lean her head into his hand anyway. He paused for a moment, unsure of continuing, but eventually he began scratching her chin gently, Alexis watching on with a little snicker at all of the attention being showered onto Hikari.

"Awh, an Everstone necklace? That's really adorable! Maybe I should have Daniel make something like that for me… Actually!" She said, shifting a little to lie with her side slightly nuzzled up against Daniel's leg. "I met this Poliwhirl, Len, and a Sableye, Snype. They talked to me about held items that should do stuff for you while you're fighting… do you know any kind of item that'd… well, look good on me?"
She looked up at Hikari with raised brows and a hopeful look in her eyes.

AtemAndrew

Pokemon Expert
Years
Two tall, lanky figures near the acadamy. Both with hair that rivals the whiteness of the moon and starts. One slightly taller than the other. Cloaked by the night, they walk. Both tired and hungry, both with broken hearts. Both driven mad by the wrongness of the world. They are father and son. Teacher and student. The scientist and the trainer.
They both hold forms, for they wish to join the school. One wishes to teach, the other wishes to learn. The proposition has been made, but has yet to be finalized. They seek the person in charge to end their ordeal, begining a new journy within itself.
Walking with their masters are three pokemon.
One darts in and out of site, it's eyes glaring eariley with it's mad smile.
The second blends in, it's fur dark at night, it yellow stripes occasionally glowing.
The third glows pink and purple, directing the two to their new home.
The party grows near their destination. This will be their new home, a resting place for these wandering souls until...until they perhaps move on.
This place... is the Pokemon Trainer Acadamy.

(well..first post, whatch'all think? And sorry if my 'at night' thing is confusing, it's nighttime where I am right now so...yeah.)

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Verno let out an anguished howl as he took the full force of Bixi's Stone Edge attack, the launched rocks sending him rolling several yards before he came to a stop with a dull thud. Having given his all, the Growlithe was no longer able to continue.

John first wondered if perhaps Verno had been at his limit some time before, but the little pup sure put up one heck of a fight, especially with the overwhelming type disadvantage.

"Verno, return!" John called out, recalling the Growlithe back to his pokéball. "You take a good, long rest," he said quietly as he stowed away Verno's pokéball before looking over his shoulder to Caesa. "You ready to get in there, girl?"

The red fox nodded her tiny head before trotting forward and onto the sandy battlefield. If the whipping sands were bothering her, it sure wasn't showing, the Vulpix merely gazing over at her foe.

John paused. Would Lincoln give Bixi a rest, or keep the Tirtouga out?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln let out a sigh of relief as Verno went down from the Stone Edge attack. He had been an especially tenacious Growlithe, Linc had started to get a little worried that John was going to overcome the type disadvantage. Once John evolved Verno into an Arcanine he was going to become a pokemon to watch out for.

"Good work B-" he started to yell, but the Sandstorm was just dying down. It was a shame it wouldn't help take down John's Vulpix, but that was just the way it went. "Er, good work Bixi."

Now what to do? Bixi was tired out from battling Verno. Even though she had held the type advantage the number of attacks she'd received still wore her down. It would be possible to keep her out and have her wear down John's next pokemon - maybe even defeat it if they were lucky - but she would probably faint as a result. Was it worth making that tactical sacrifice?

No. He could call back Bixi now and keep her as a reserve for later if things went south with Siege or Jackson. And seeing as John had decided to use his Vulpix, that meant he would have to use his Geodude to keep his type advantage.

"Alright Bixi, you did a totally, like, awesome job. Come on back and rest for a bit." Linc said, calling the tired looking Tirtouga back to her pokeball. "Yo, Siege. You're up dude."
"DUDE!"

Siege floated onto the field, cracking his knuckles and grinning at Caesa.​

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Caesa was obviously still less than impressed with the Geodude's seemingly boundless charisma, offering nothing more in return than a blank stare. The Vulpix glanced back over at her trainer with an almost pleading look as if to say, "With him? Do I have to?"

John chuckled, folding his arms across his chest with a slight tilt of his head. "Hey, hey. Don't worry, girl. Could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Of course Caesa was not convinced, turning back to Siege with a soft sigh, almost inaudible sigh.

And, of course, we're looking at a type disadvantage again. Still...

He began to mull a couple ideas over in his head.

Caesa has a few more tricks up her proverbial sleeves than Lincoln might expect. Let's get this started.

"Hypnosis, now!" John issued his first command.

Caesa's dark brown eyes faded into an eerie, blue glow as she continued to stare at the opposing Geodude.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Aw crap, Hypnosis!

A move like Hynposis could completely turn a battle around. By putting Siege to sleep Caesa would be able to get in some attacks without fear of retribution, helping gain some headway against that type disadvantage. There was no particular defense against Hynposis unless your pokemon had a Lum Berry, was an insomniac or knew certain moves that could be used while asleep.

Siege had absoloutely none of those options available to him.

The only option Linc felt he had available to him was to try and take away Caesa's ability to attack while Siege was going to be asleep. Fortunately he had bought Siege a TM move for just such a purpose.

"Siege, break out that charm bro! Attract!"

The Geodude flashed a broad grin and began to flex its muscles, breaking into various body-building poses to show off his excellent physique. At the end of this... "enticing"... display, Siege flashed Caesa a wink and blew her a kiss, a number of stylised pink hearts floating from the kiss towards Caesa.

Unfortunately the eye contact needed to pull off Attract meant Siege had been hit pretty hard by the Hypnosis attack, his eyelids drooping as he slowly drifted down to the ground. He landed softly, struggling to stay awake, but eventually falling prey to slumber and beginning to snore loudly.

...This is a weird battle. We've got a sleeping Geodude and maybe a lovey-dovey Vulpix. You never see this kinda thing in the championships on television.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
It took Zora a few moments to comprehend what she was explaining and when she finally fully understood everything on the shades she shook her head meaning she understood. Zora had decided to check the Pokedex on the little Mudkip that was right next to her. Then Arcadia told Zora to contact the boss whenever she was ready to. Zora nodded again and smiled at Arcadia for a few short seconds. She heard her say that she would still be around just with the others and that made Zora happier that there were others on this island. She walked towards the lake and saw the Mudkip was slightly behind her and actually looked quite scared. She smiled and sat down on the ground and the Mudkip followed slowly but surely.

"Mud-Mudkip" ( Are you going to hurt me) was what the little Mudkip had asked Zora. Zora shook her head no and offered the Mudkip to sit on her lap if it wanted to. But it simply shook it's head no and stared out towards the water while eventually sitting next to Zora.

" Hey Mudkip I'm going to nickname you kippers if that's ok with you. And how would you feel about a practice battle Kippers" was what Zora had asked her Mudkip and it smiled and nodded. Zora took a Pokeball out of heer back pocket and threw it up revealing a Snorunt. The
Snorunt looked at me and knew I wanted it to act like it wasn't captured or that it was wild.

" Mudkip use your Tackle attack quickly now " The Mudkip nodded and ran at the Snorunt at a quick speed knocking it backwards slightly and leaving little footprints on the ground. The Snorunt smiled and a Dark shadowy ball formed in its mouth and was shot towards Kipper who barely dodged it by side stepping. Kippers smiled at me and a large amount of water grew in its cheeks. Zora was surprised when it let the water out and it nearly knocked the Snorunt off balance. Zora smiled but forgot about Snorunt's Avalanche which knocked out Kippers.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent Luna Location-Beach:

"Beach! Beach! Beach!" shouted Shade, Vincent's Zorua, as the flew over the island on the back of Blitz. It had been awhile since Vince just had a day off of just relaxing with his Pokemon and just having a good time. He had promised is Zorua that he would take him to the beach about a week ago and the little pokemon had been dying to go. Shade sat on Vince's head as the soared the the sky the wind blowing the teen's hair.

"We're almost there calm down little guy," Vince said to Shade as he petted his head and looked down to the ground. He watched as the people below walked, they all seemed like ants from up where they were. Vince loved being so high in the air he felt free of all problems and worries. Soon he saw the beach in view and saw a nice place to land.

"There Blitz land there," He said as he pointed to where he wanted his Charizard to land. Blitz let out a large puff of flames from his nose and then quickly dived toward where his trainer has directed to. As they were descending all the things that Vince had packed and strapped onto Blitz looked like it was going to fall. Vince had brought a cooler for some food, a beach umbrella, a volleyball and a soccer ball, he would have brought more but that was all he could find. "Woah Blitz slow down!" He exclaimed as the Charizard then came closer to their destination. Blitz slowed down a bit and landed gracefully on the sand of the beach.

Blitz had landed on his stomach so Vince and Shade could get off safely and everything strapped to his back would be safe also. The little Zorua had jumped off Vince and ran near the water as soon as Blitz landed. Vince had gotten everything off of Blitz and then let out all of his pokemon to enjoy this day off on the beach. Soon the pokemon had all ran off to do different things. Terra and Scissors were making sand sculptures, Blitz was resting, curled up in a ball, under the beach umbrella Vince had set up with Dyno on top of his head resting also. Wattage, Shade and Gallarus were chasing each other in the water which made Vince laugh a bit.

Everything was going perfectly, Vince sat down next to Blitz and leaned back up against the Charizard as he then looked around. Off in the distance he noticed some he knew, he couldn't get his finger on her name but he knew her. Ruby! That was her name, he wasn't sure what she was doing here but it was nice to see her. He then decided that going into the water would be nice seeing as he had came here in his trunks which were black with red flames on them. Instead he closed his eyes and let the wind blow his hair as he then drifted off into sleep.

Last edited:

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
George Edmunds

Uhuru's facade of painlessness dropped for a split second as he was hit. In that split second George could see that Uhuru was also on his last legs. This battle could still go either way and the outcome would be decided in his next move. If his next attack finished the aron he had won however if it survived then Uhuru would go down.

George gave the signal for Uhuru to again use rock smash. The little bagon gazed at the sky for a brief second before launching the attack.

George smiled. Whatever happened his pokemon had done him proud.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Ruby Sapphire Fiona Destiny - Beach

'Well... We probely see each other when walking to our classes?' Ruby said smiling. 'But here's my number.' Ruby wrote down her number on a piece of paper and gave it to him.

'Not at all, i just don't like the way you were flirting with my trainer~' Hikari said knowing he couldn't understand her. 'Heeehh?! Hikari!' Ruby had started madly blushing and looked at her with an embaressed expression. 'I know you couldn't understand her, but please still ignore it!' Ruby turned to Daniel apologized.

'I think an Silk cloth would stand you very well~ or an amulet coin.' Hikari said to Alexis while still laying on Ruby's lap.

'Uhm anyways... She said she wasn't blaming you for my ankle...' Ruby said grinned uneasely and rubbing the back of her head.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Jason Wolf
Freshies

"Well your lucky it wasn't worse, and don't get snarky about that. This should also serve as a lesson for both of you. Pokemon are not somehting to be underestimated. They are a lot more powerful then we often let on. I know someone from my hometown who can't walk because of getting hit so hard by an electric attack. That attack came from a baby pichu." jason said thinking back to the summer when that accident happened, "Not only is it safer not to underestimate your pokemon, but it makes you a much more capable trainer. You need to be able to gauge your pokemons power, and know where your limits are both upper and lower."

Pokemon were not play things Jason knew this. They were majestic creatures with amazing abilities. That was one of the reasons why the Safari zone exists. It was a place where pokemon were still free, but they also were in a place where people could grow to know them.

"Blade should be back soon. The doctor might take a bit longer." jason stated.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia watched as Diana stumbled a bit on her legs as Uhuru came right at her. "Diana stand strong!" She shouted as Roberto kept his eyes on the Aron. If she managed to do it... then she would have what it would take to be strong. If not... well, she would never have it. You were either born with it or you weren't. It was as simple as that and the best way to tell if you had it was during your last battle, to see how strong you really were.

Uhuru came forward and slammed once more into Diana and the Aron staggered back from the force of the blow. Her body shivered as she fell onto her stomach with a soft 'plop'. Roberto felt his whole body tense. This was it, he had to see if she had it. For a brief second the Aron tried to get back up, but she fell down once more and simply lay there. Roberto closed his eyes and let out a light sigh as Lucia recalled Diana back to her pokeball. "Looks like you win this one." Lucia said with a smile. "A very excellent match George."

Roberto followed after Lucia as she went up to the boy, "You have quite a team and you have been taught very well! Wherever did you get your teaching from?" Roberto just stayed silent behind Lucia, his disappointment in the Aron very visible on his face.

Jrez

Community Newbie
Years
John Carden

Ya gotta be kiddin' me...

John stood astonished as he usually quite reserved and even stand-offish Vulpix trotted over to the still slumbering Geodude and began to prance around in merry, blissful circles. Whenever Siege heaved a breath, the small fox cooed lovingly, a new-found gleam in her eyes.

Caesa had not even given John, or probably anything at all, a second thought whatsoever. With a heavy sigh, John ran a hand through his hair and simply watched the spectacle. He had planned to try and capitalize on the successful Hypnosis with a Fire Spin or Ember attack, but what now?

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey!" John desperately called out to his lovesick Vulpix, "Caesa, girl! We need to get a hit in! Fire Spin! Fire Spin!"

Alas, John's pleading led to no avail. Caesa continued to be absorbed in the wonderment that was he infatuation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln couldn't help but laugh at the scene unfolding in front of them. It was going to be a long battle at this rate. He called for a Rock Throw attack, expecting little and receiving less as Siege continued to slumber through the battle.

"Looks like we're going to be a while bro." Linc grinned, shrugging. "Sorry. We'll just have to see which ends first, a nap or true love, y'know?"​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Outside Pokemon Center, Battle #3

As both Commodore and Kara were upping their strengths to prepare themselves for battle, Mienfoo closes his eyes, stands still and prepares to use Calm Mind. He didn't need Danielle's call to do this move. For Ozzy, he stood there wanting to battle....with sparks coming out of his cheeks.

"Ozzy. Prepare your endurance by using Endure." She said.

"Pachi Pachiii!" The Pachirisu shouted as he felt a rush of air up. He became more than ready. Mienfoo was also ready as well.

"There's a reflect barrier on both..." Danielle whispered. "If I can get Mienfoo to use Focus Blast I can –wait no...it won't be as effective. Wait. I have an idea." Danielle quickly came up with a quick plan to take down both Pokemon.

"Miiiiiiiien!" Mienfoo cried, awaiting for Danielle's call.

"We're ready too." Danielle told Mark, then she focuses on her Pokemon. "Okay, you two. When they use their first attack, I want you both to use Swift. You got that?"

Both Pokemon nodded slowly, awaiting the first attack.​

Back