• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Attitudes like, say, it's wrong to bully someone for being gay? I mean, I know you hate gay bashing as much as I do. I just don't get why you wouldn't want help in schools - where a lot of this happens - to help stop it. That's how I'm seeing this. I don't see how it is anything other than an attempt to add more tolerance to schools. So we're obviously seeing different things.

Let's look at it this way. I'm a Christian, and you're an atheist (idk if you really are, but let's pretend you are for the sake of this discussion). You wouldn't want me pressing my beliefs and values on your children; likewise, I wouldn't like you pressing your beliefs and values on my children. Whether or not homosexuality is socially acceptable is a judgement call, and the schools have no business making those calls for people. That is the domain of the students and their parents. This is one of the reasons we don't have prayer in public schools.

I'd support this bill if those who don't want those values instilled in their children were able to opt them out of that instruction. Most parents in California wouldn't do that anyway, but we have to protect liberty across the board. People have a right to hold any belief they want, even if the majority of people see their beliefs as bigoted.

When it comes to homophobic beliefs, this quote sums up the point I'm trying to get at:
"I might not agree with what you're saying, but I'll defend you right to say it".

Last edited:

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
Let's look at it this way. I'm a Christian, and you're an atheist (idk if you really are, but let's pretend you are for the sake of this discussion). You wouldn't want me pressing my beliefs and values on your children; likewise, I wouldn't like you pressing your beliefs and values on my children. Whether or not homosexuality is socially acceptable is a judgement call, and the schools have no business making those calls for people. That is the domain of the students and their parents. This one of the reasons we don't have prayer in public schools.

I'd support this bill if those who don't want those values instilled in their children were able to opt them out of that instruction. Most parents in California wouldn't do that anyway, but we have to protect liberty across the board. People have a right to hold any belief they want, even if the majority of people see their beliefs as bigoted.

When it comes to homophobic beliefs, this quote sums up the point I'm trying to get at:
"I might not agree with what you're saying, but I'll defend you right to say it".
"I might
I don't have much of an opinion on this subject. Just thought I'd say, being an atheist is more of an opinion or a choice, in case of being gay... it isn't exactly the same thing. But oh well...

Anyway, I'm in a weird type of doubt.
Till now, I was convinced that I am bi, I've had a girlfriend before... And well for guys, it is unfortunate how I have never met a gay guy irl.
So my bestfriend was talking to me about how I only talk about guys all the time... and never about girls. Which is true... I've only ever been physically attracted to guys, and with women, it hasn't been the case (except for my gf, in that case we had been together for so long that I had physical and romantic attraction towards her)
Right now I'm totally confused, was it that bi phase that gay guys go through? In the future, I don't think I'll be hooking up with women. I don't wanna be one of those bi guys, really. Basically, I think I'm a 4 or a 5 on the Kinsey scale.

So what do you guys think? This stuff is really confusing. Ideally I would avoid labels, but idk...

Years
Ideally I would avoid labels, but idk...
That's what I would do. If you're more attracted to guys but still somewhat attracted to girls then, well, that's just how it is and you're still bi. No worries. If you're just wishing you could do something with a guy (which I can understand - I've never had a boyfriend either) then maybe you're kinda focusing a lot on those feelings at the moment. As long as you're not feeling uncomfortable, like thinking that you should be bi even if that's not really what you feel at the moment, then I wouldn't worry.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Mind me joining?

I'm trans/bigender, bisexual and panromantic.

Not at all! Welcome, TornZero!

Perhaps someone can answer me this question. What is the difference between bisexual and pansexual? Or biromantic/panromantic, even? I'm having trouble grasping the technical differences.

Years
Perhaps someone can answer me this question. What is the difference between bisexual and pansexual? Or biromantic/panromantic, even? I'm having trouble grasping the technical differences.
Bi- means attracted to male and female. Pan- means attracted to anyone regardless of where they fall on the gender spectrum. They get mixed up a lot, I think, because they're pretty similar.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I know a lot of girls who won't date a bisexual guys. I usually get two reasons.:

1) There are no such things as bisexuals guys. They are just full homosexuals trying to save some grace by saying they go both ways.

2) Bisexuals are naturally promiscuous, and can't be in a monogamous relationship since they need to have two partners (one male and one female) at any given time.

That's not what I think. That's what other girls tell me as to why they won't date a bisexual guy.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I know a lot of girls who won't date a bisexual guys.

Most of the girls I know said they would enjoy it (some admitted it was because they would like to see two guys kissing), but I have a response to the two reasons you posted.

1) Most, if not all, people are considered bisexual to a degree. They may just have a stronger urge for a certain sex that makes the urge for the other practically non-existent.

2) This kind of answer says that they believe homosexuals and heterosexuals are in better control of themselves than bisexuals due to having an attraction to a single sex as opposed to both, and to me, this is a little offensive (a lot if they're actually serious). I have pretty good control over my own libido, and I would honestly love a one-on-one relationship with someone I care about.

And @Shining Raichu, it may be easier to remember if you switch the "pan" in pansexual and panromantic to "omni" (omnisexual and omniromantic), a prefix many people are taught about unlike "pan" (though both "pan" and "omni" literally mean "all"). "Bi" literally means "two", referring to the male and female binary sexes.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
That's what I would do. If you're more attracted to guys but still somewhat attracted to girls then, well, that's just how it is and you're still bi. No worries. If you're just wishing you could do something with a guy (which I can understand - I've never had a boyfriend either) then maybe you're kinda focusing a lot on those feelings at the moment. As long as you're not feeling uncomfortable, like thinking that you should be bi even if that's not really what you feel at the moment, then I wouldn't worry.
Thank you. Makes me feel better :D

EDIT: Thought I'd add...
It seems so obvious at first but it took some tome for me to realize that being gay or bi is really just a label.
Calling myself gay and not accepting any attraction towards women that I may have is almost like being closeted.

@FreakyLocz14:
That is a lot of stereotyping going on there :O
As far as non monogamy is concerned, it ultimately depends on the person and not his sexual preference. Tbh, they are more likely to come across straight douche bags who are non monogamous.
I know I had to convince a girl that I'm not going to go about kissing other boys when I'm in a relationship with her :O
For the first point, I've come across gay guys who say similar things about bi guys in chat rooms... And Chris Colfer on Glee.
Bi guys get the crap from both the hetero and lgbt communities in that sense :O

Last edited:
Years
Thank you. Makes me feel better :D

EDIT: Thought I'd add...
It seems so obvious at first but it took some tome for me to realize that being gay or bi is really just a label.
Calling myself gay and not accepting any attraction towards women that I may have is almost like being closeted.
That's exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't find the words to. Someday I hope we won't have labels. I mean, we'll still have them, but they won't be used as identities and no one will feel they have to fit into one if they don't feel that way.

Years
I've always kind of thought, or maybe just hoped, that things across the board would get better day by day, but seeing hate crimes on the rise has me a little bit more worried we're slipping down a hole. I mean, if you follow politics (American politics, that is) even a little you can see that the amount of hate and crazy in this country is getting louder and louder. I mean, the woman who might end up running for the president against Obama runs an anti-gay 'counseling' clinic. How much will that legitimize anti-gay feelings that lots of people have?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

My opinion is this: We are entitled to our opinions and beliefs. If you want to quit your job because you have a moral objection towards same-sex marriage, be my guest. Just don't go to the unemployment office seeking taxpayer subsidation of your bigotry.

My AS Senate office just released this statement on the signing of the FAIR Education Act, which requires LGBT contibutions to be included in public school history standards here in California.:

"Governor Jerry Brown signed the FAIR Education Act (SB 48) into law yesterday. While I applaud the inclusion of LGBT people in discussions of our national and state history, I fear that this will move beyond the teaching of historical facts and into pressing sociopolitical beliefs and values on schoolchildren. I hope the Legislature can further improve upon this legislation in the future."

Shining Raichu

Years
I agree with you here Freaky. While it doesn't make me like the woman because she's clearly a disgusting bigot and nothing more, if she wants to quit her job then that's fine by me. All it does is put her out of a job; it doesn't stop gay people getting married.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
I'm a little shy about this, I don't usually voice my opinion with people who aren't extremely close to me, heck, the only person I talk to about this issue is Fuyuhiko (Fernando), mind if I join you guys? Since I've been sucking in these feelings for a while, and well, I'm getting really tired of the people treating me third class.. my parents said they'll kick me out if they even suspect me "choosing" to be gay. They got really paranoid since they had seen my ex-boyfriend, who they expected was just a best friend, acted real gay and was a bit friendly with me.. I draw to relieve stress and axiety but.. I don't know anymore.. it even took me an hour and 45 minutes just to convince my religious friends that I can't go to boobs.. this is ridiculous..

Heck my friends make fun of me for being gay all the time lol but there's no hate behind it, but others I can actually tell..

Shining Raichu

Years
I'm a little shy about this, I don't usually voice my opinion with people who aren't extremely close to me, heck, the only person I talk to about this issue is Fuyuhiko (Fernando), mind if I join you guys? Since I've been sucking in these feelings for a while, and well, I'm getting really tired of the people treating me third class.. my parents said they'll kick me out if they even suspect me "choosing" to be gay. They got really paranoid since they had seen my ex-boyfriend, who they expected was just a best friend, acted real gay and was a bit friendly with me.. I draw to relieve stress and axiety but.. I don't know anymore.. it even took me an hour and 45 minutes just to convince my religious friends that I can't go to boobs.. this is ridiculous..

Heck my friends make fun of me for being gay all the time lol but there's no hate behind it, but others I can actually tell..

Hey there, tehGDS, of course you can join.

The first thing that needs to be said immediately is that clearly your parents are not good enough and they don't deserve you. Never let anybody make you think that you are the bad person in this scenario, because they are the disgusting bullies. The bad part is, right now I'm sure you need them financially, so for now you're kinda stuck. You shouldn't have to hide, but I guess for now you do. It breaks my heart to hear that there are parents who would be this way to their own child over something so insignificant.

The only advice I can give is wait until you're 18 and then tell them when you're in college. The more independent you are, the less you need them. If I were you and my parents had told me they'd kick me out of home for being gay, then what I would do is find an incredibly creative way to let them know you're gay that will inflict the largest amount of pain on them possible. Use your homosexuality and their homophobia as weapons. If they're religious, go into a detailed speech about how much fun you'll have living in sin. If they're just bigoted for no reason (not that religion is a reason) then at the very least you can put on your most condescending smile and let them know in no uncertain terms that you are gay and that you are a better person now than they could ever hope to be.

*snaps out of rage-trance* Wow, I'm a little bitter, aren't I?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023

Welcome to the club!

I can't stress this enough. Do not come out to your parents until you are living by yourself and your life is stable enough to risk losing them.

Right now, you're dependent on them. So, if you are risking ruining your life just to tell them it isn't worth telling them. But, they have a right to know. You should tell them eventually, in your case it will take longer.

Your friends..I don't know what to say about it. On one hand I want to call them rude and that you don't deserve them. But on another, some of my friends and I do the same thing. For example, my friend Isaiah (who is black..and gay for that matter) he calls me a honkey and makes fun of me whenever I do something stereotypically white. When he comes up behind me I'll scream "Don't rob me!" and I'll make fun of him whenever he does something stereotypical. We do that because we think racism is so stupid it's funny and that's our way of making fun of racism.

Just try and don't let being gay control your life. Some people put too much focus on it. You're gay, so what? Who you have sex with doesn't matter, although people don't see it that way sometimes. Just ignore those people (although, that is very hard to do at times) and focus on the good people! :)

Although it sounds cheesy (I think it does anyways)..it does get better.

(I'm using a lot of parenthesis.)

Shining Raichu

Years
But, they have a right to know.

This is just a technical semantic issue and probably not even worth posting, but I don't know that this is true. A gay person should of course tell the people in his or her life, but because it is mentally healthy for the person him/herself and because he/she shouldn't have to hide, not because they have a right to know. When it comes to something that's about you, nobody has a right to know anything you don't want to tell them.

This doesn't affect my advice or Landorus's, it was just a semantic detail that didn't sit well with me for some reason lol

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
I'd like to join, please. I've been questioning myself for about a year...

Let me be the first to welcome you eeveon,(weither you're Gay/straight/Bi/Bi-curious or attracted to purple spotted dinosaurs.)

Also, I'd like to ask a question to the group (came up in a conversation I had recently), Why do you think there's such stigma towards the LGBT part of society. (Cue philosophical debate)

Back