• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Accourt Academy (Up. 5/24)

Years
This game is a prequel to Pokemon Distrust and Pokemon Sanguine but it may be better to play this AFTER those two. Maybe... The experience sure will be different anyway.
Or you can watch my friend, Karasu play through the games if you prefer.

splash.png

This game is about as done as it's ever going to get because of certain people. I left the game maker in the file so if you happen to have RPG Maker XP, you can fix the glitches yourself when I won't be able to on and after the 23rd June 11th now. Unless something happens to fix what's going to happen, I may never be able to finish the game as intended.
That doesn't mean that it isn't technically done, however. The story's done. Rushed because of certain people, but done. All of the dates are done, the story's done, and the Gyms are done. There are a lot of things to do in the game, but it still feels a bit empty because of the lack of NPCs.

This game is basically a Virtual Novel but with a lot of things to do... And by that I mean the game is the story. The totally normal, everyday Pokemon school game story. Nothing weird at all will happen, I prooomise!
(By the way I was inspired to make this game when I started watching Danganronpa 3/Despair)

So anyway, welcome to Accourt Academy, where trainers are selected to attend this elite school by their abilities to train a certain type of Pokemon! You will be filling in for the "normal" spot since they couldn't find a young "normal" type trainer from the Kanto/Sinnoh/Hoenn/Johto regions under the age of 18! You can make a lot of friends here, and learn about EV training! Nothing can get into the walls of the school without strict permission. All of the students will be safe, as long as they get along with each other.

Anyway, features:
-Like I mentioned before, you can date (and eventually officially have a boyfriend/girlfriend) around thirty different characters. Some dates are more... Polished than others. I WAS going to go back to polish the other dates some more, but, y'know... (It doesn't matter what gender you are. Everybody is available both ways.)
Well, I say around thirty, but there are three who you can't make your boyfriend or girlfriend for... Story reasons.
Also you get a special item for finishing the characters, rather you choose to date them officially or not. I would say what item goes with who, but that would spoil the three who you can't officially date.

-The ability to turn the title of the song you're listening to on and off. I have no musical abilities so I used a lot of music from a lot of other games... (All credited, of course!) So I added a feature where the title of the song will appear in the upper left corner of the screen... For the most part. I couldn't look through every part of the game because I wanted to get this out before the 23rd so I could fix any glitches before, well...

-There will be a moment in the story where you can win dolls for your room and other rare items by winning mini games! (And the slide puzzle graphics are from Pokemon TCG art.) You can also win things for your sweetheart.

-An overly complicated way to get Z-Moves! Kind of. They're nerf'd a bit because they're just really strong Move Learner... Moves. Basically they're just normal OP (heh) moves you can exchange Heart Scales for. That you have to get a "fishing pass" for. You can also buy "Thief." It's explained in-game.

-Character Portraits! Since I had them for Distrust and Sanguine, I figured I should have them for this game too!

-The ending can be change very slightly depending on who you befriend (or go out with.) It's basically all the same ending though. (Done on purpose, not because I was rushed to. It IS a prequel, after all.)

-Not much of a feature. Rather a "lack there of." You can't battle every gym leader for continuity reasons, unleeeess
-A chance to beat me, or a dumb quiz I came up with. Doing so will give you access to some knowledge of cut content, or simply just cut content. Like battling the remaining gym leaders and then beating the Elite 4! (Nothing really happens though.)
-You can also battle my friend's character, Karasu! (Who gets a cameo since he helped me when I lost some content for Sanguine, and who played the games on their YouTube channel.)

Download-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/58x856bhc95ts5r/Pokemon Accourt Academy Censored.rar

Yes, censored. There are links to the uncensored version, but I'm not showing them here! You have to find them! Also I changed the name of the file so you can't just remove the "censored" part.
Updated 5/11 for bug fixes

Non-spoierly Screenshots!
Despite that, I'm still hiding them in a spoiler, because they're big.
Spoiler:

Characters! At least, the characters that will be most relevant to the story. (There's not a trainer sprite for everyone because you don't battle every one of these characters)

55b.png

Arata Machida, owner and principal of Accourt Academy. A kind man who wanted to build a school to help scout future Gym Leaders and Battle Brains for Battle Towers and/or Frontiers. Will sometimes be lenient with students for small things.

54b.png

Kenichi Ohashi, the school nurse and therapist. Extremely kind and understanding. Was scouted by Arata when he needed a "healing" trainer to be his school nurse.

57b.png

Miyu Umeda, the teacher of the Player and many other students. Enthusiastic, smart, implied to be a strong trainer despite no student actually seeing her battle before.

trainer058.png

Kiera, a newly graduated normal type trainer from the school, now officially the Viridian Gym Leader! She will visit the school to battle the new students to test their skills.

wtf2.png

Shiori Mori, or the Player character... With character. I mean, the previous two games were based on Danganronpa, who has their Player character with character, so I couldn't figure out a way to have a silent Player flow well with the stories.
Anyway, Shiori was accepted into the academy to fill in the "Normal" slot because of their exceptional grades in their previous private school. They have a hero complex despite what people tells them. They can think fast when they need to. Has traveled around other regions when they were younger.

52a.png

Tadao Gima, former fighting trainer of the school and now a guard (and physical education teacher) for the students. Also has a "hero complex," but that's his job. Usually keeps a stern face to scare off anybody who wants to get close to the school who shouldn't be getting close to it.

Date-able characters! ...That I'm going to be putting into a "spoiler," because I want you to figure out their character yourself. (I mean, what fun is dating a character if you already know the character?)

Spoiler:

I think that's it? I'll double-check after I wake up. I've been working on this game non-stop. This post itself took about three hours to make.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 1, 2018
It's really cool that you were able to make such a different kind of game in Essentials, with a massive scope (roughly 30 dateable characters?!). Based on what I know about Danganronpa, I'm sure that absolutely no bad things will happen to anyone.

Semi-related, have you ever tried to work with a visual novel engine like Ren'Py? If you haven't already heard of it, you might find it interesting if you like visual novels.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 17, 2022
I have already play pokemon distrust it was really good!! And now all characters are back I will definetely play it. I really hope Yori will not die again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 17, 2022
The floor where are the garden, ''coin case'' room and etc. All rooms have bugs.. when u go out of the rooms, the screen blacks.... i can't continue the game

Years
It's really cool that you were able to make such a different kind of game in Essentials, with a massive scope (roughly 30 dateable characters?!). Based on what I know about Danganronpa, I'm sure that absolutely no bad things will happen to anyone.

Semi-related, have you ever tried to work with a visual novel engine like Ren'Py? If you haven't already heard of it, you might find it interesting if you like visual novels.
Nope! Nothing weird will happen at aaaall!
I was actually thinking about just making this game a Visual Novel, but I already had all of the assets for the RPG maker, so... Yeah. I'm not actually a huge fan of VN's anyway unless they really, REALLY catch my attention like Danganronpa does for me.

The floor where are the garden, ''coin case'' room and etc. All rooms have bugs.. when u go out of the rooms, the screen blacks.... i can't continue the game

That's... Weird. I don't know why but I guess I missed a few rooms when I was reassigning what room you go into when you touch the doors. It should be fixed now.
And also I'm glad that you enjoyed Distrust so much! Seeing how this is a prequel, none of the dateable characters will be dying... In this game. =D

Years
Whenever I go into the extra classrooms, I leave and end up on a bicycle in the middle of the ocean....
That and I AM SO CONFUSED! I have been in every room possible and it still says I haven't met everyone... Is there like... a walkthrough or something because I have met every character I come across and I have even restarted the game twice....
Maybe add like a checklist or give some hints of where to go? It is kind of confusing but I love the game too, though I have only been able to play through to the part of the meeting the principal and meeting whoever I can find.

Years
Whenever I go into the extra classrooms, I leave and end up on a bicycle in the middle of the ocean....
That and I AM SO CONFUSED! I have been in every room possible and it still says I haven't met everyone... Is there like... a walkthrough or something because I have met every character I come across and I have even restarted the game twice....
Maybe add like a checklist or give some hints of where to go? It is kind of confusing but I love the game too, though I have only been able to play through to the part of the meeting the principal and meeting whoever I can find.
Try this link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/undefined/Pokemon Accourt Academy Censored.rar

Last edited:
Years
Thanks! I am still struggling to find everyone though. The bicycle is gone now thanks for the patch but I still struggle to find everyone.. Do I need to leave the school? I have met the female that is outside by the bodyguard as well and after it says I have met everyone, it still says I haven't met everyone. I know I did not meet everyone though because it is not all 30 (??) characters at first, it is just a select few characters that show up. I will write down the names of the characters I meet.
[EDIT]
SO I WROTE DOWN EVERY CHARACTER I MET THEN COMPARED MY LIST TO YOURS.
I. CAN. NOT. FIND.
Hayate
Haruki
Miyue
Keira (Not sure if I am to meet them or not?)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks! I am still struggling to find everyone though. The bicycle is gone now thanks for the patch but I still struggle to find everyone.. Do I need to leave the school? I have met the female that is outside by the bodyguard as well and after it says I have met everyone, it still says I haven't met everyone. I know I did not meet everyone though because it is not all 30 (??) characters at first, it is just a select few characters that show up. I will write down the names of the characters I meet.
[EDIT]
SO I WROTE DOWN EVERY CHARACTER I MET THEN COMPARED MY LIST TO YOURS.
I. CAN. NOT. FIND.
Hayate
Haruki
Miyue
Keira (Not sure if I am to meet them or not?)
Hayate's completely optional and you'll meet Kiera through an event later on.

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure that's everyone. If you're seeing some but not all, that would mean that there's a deeper problem that's out of my control and you would have to start over once I find a way around it.

Years
I'm only missing Miyue and Haruki but I will gladly wait for an update if you would like, I would hate to make you feel pressured into fixing it. I am sorry haha. I am going to redownload the fixed link you sent me earlier and play through once more and see if anything will work.

Years
I'm only missing Miyue and Haruki but I will gladly wait for an update if you would like, I would hate to make you feel pressured into fixing it. I am sorry haha. I am going to redownload the fixed link you sent me earlier and play through once more and see if anything will work.

Aaah, okay. I think I know what the problems were. I'm not very reliable to do things right when I'm sick. The classroom that was supposed to lead you to Miyu's was actually leading you to a different teacher's room.
The other thing I think is just a finicky event that I was easily able to fix.

These are the kind of things that happen when you have to rush because of a deadline. That deadline for bug fixes by the way is now June 11th maybe, depending on things I have little to no control over.
Well, at least I know that I can actually play through all of the game and not just parts I'm unsure of now. Juicy Crust.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/58x856bhc95ts5r/Pokemon Accourt Academy Censored.rar

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for that! I did not realise I was being moved from one room to a different room at first haha. I see it now but THANK YOU SO MUCH! I understand about the rushing thing and the deadline too, my friend rushes me to sketch things for his pokemon game yet I am sketching my own for mine. (That will probably never happen tbfh). But thank you for taking time to respond, even if rushed. I just figured you would probably want to be notified of glitches and bugs!!!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
after talking to everyone i cant seem to interact with the bed what should i do plz help

lonewolfalpha

Lezzgo!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 15, 2021
where can i heal my pokemon? the place is very big and can be a bit of confusing. also wanna ask if there's a turbo button to speed up my gameplay. thanks!

Years
  • Age 61
  • Seen Nov 19, 2018
idk if u are ever goin to get this message sense u posted this game on April 20 2018 but idk what to do after the ninth-day and beyond can u pls post a walk through or something cause im so confused pls and thank u and i really love this game

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2022
great game, but one thing I think if it wasn't a sequel it would be cool to actually be the normal type trainer and you pick your normal type team, with the exception that you get a pokemon like cleafary as a wild card. (I got the wild card idea from the normal type leader in pokemon reborn)

Back