• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the Bands: Pandemonium [GAME OVER]

Years
[Eliminate] Bidoof FTW

I'm not always a fan of Sparkin's erratic playstyle myself, but that looks like you're aiming for an easy lynch.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I don't like Sparkin's post.

While I do agree with GP, I'm also going to say that pointing that out then voting on it is also aiming for an easy lynch.

[Eliminate]No one We only get to abstain this once. I really think it's wise to do this over risking losing an inno or bandwagoning until they claim their PR.

Sparkin

[Eliminate]No one We only get to abstain this once. I really think it's wise to do this over risking losing an inno or bandwagoning until they claim their PR.

So, you'll ignore even those who are scummy?
EDIT: You're looking protective here

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
So, you'll ignore even those who are scummy?
EDIT: You're looking protective here

I'm not ignoring it. I can see one of you three being scum, but I don't have enough of a lean to determine which one it would be and would rather abstain the one time we can while we still have a full number of heroes.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
I agree with Pecilia on this one.
most of the so called scummy reads seem way to quick on the vote and that too without some credible information in hand.

I'll abstain as well unless there seems to be some one with more information or a lead
[Eliminate]No one

Years
Just because we can afford to abstain doesn't mean we should. We can very easily end up in a situation where we still have no information and are down a townie - possibly even a PR. I'd rather risk being down a townie with information than being stuck at square one still on day two.

Sparkin

Just because we can afford to abstain doesn't mean we should. We can very easily end up in a situation where we still have no information and are down a townie - possibly even a PR. I'd rather risk being down a townie with information than being stuck at square one still on day two.
^This

Being afraid of lynching townies is just an illusion. I urge y'all to believe in your day play instead of waiting for information to come to you via actions. No lynching D1 because the lynch is based off RNG or you don't have "proof" is a fallacy for multiple reasons.
Humans are quite in fact bad at randomness, so posts throughout the day phase are usually alignment indicative, and analyzing those will help us solve the game.

Preserving town lives is an illusion due to the fact that regardless, town is going to die anyways, and the only way town can win is by lynching mafia.
You're denying the town information by no lynching, as you can use the stances of who pushed that player or who is defending them, and analyze how they pushed/defended the player to help come up with a read.
You don't need "proof" in the form of NAs to guess who is mafia. You have proof all throughout the day phases in the form of posts. You can analyze their stances and reads to see if they were naturally formed, or their motivation. There isn't one exact way how to scumhunt, but those are just a few off the top of my head.

If we lynch D1, we'll have a higher chance of lynching a mafia in a 3v4 LyLo as opposed to a 3v5 MyLo.
- Alisae

[Eliminate] Bidoof FTW

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Everyone has PRs. If we lose a hero we lose a PR. If we mislynch we potentially lose three PRs, depending on who the maf/sk go after. We should probably limit the number of people dying per day or we'll find ourselves outnumbered.

^This

Being afraid of lynching townies is just an illusion. I urge y'all to believe in your day play instead of waiting for information to come to you via actions.
No lynching D1 because the lynch is based off RNG or you don't have "proof" is a fallacy for multiple reasons.
Humans are quite in fact bad at randomness, so posts throughout the day phase are usually alignment indicative, and analyzing those will help us solve the game.
Day 1 typically has a lot of ****posts, only the posts as of right now could portray any sort of reads. If votes aren't random they're typically based on something that isn't alignment indictive, like voting the person above them.

Preserving town lives is an illusion due to the fact that regardless, town is going to die anyways, and the only way town can win is by lynching mafia.
No matter the set up we're potentially losing 2-3 towns a night. 2 for night kills and 1 for cult. Adding another casualty to the list, by lynching isn't going to help.

You're denying the town information by no lynching, as you can use the stances of who pushed that player or who is defending them, and analyze how they pushed/defended the player to help come up with a read.

You don't need "proof" in the form of NAs to guess who is mafia. You have proof all throughout the day phases in the form of posts. You can analyze their stances and reads to see if they were naturally formed, or their motivation. There isn't one exact way how to scumhunt, but those are just a few off the top of my head.
Right, except this discussion is giving us information on it's own. Why should we risk losing a townie when we're going to know how people stand based on their votes and posts. Everyone needs to make 3 posts min per day and there's only so much ****posting you can do you circumvent that. I believe it better for us to get an outcome that has us with one less death than one more.

If we lynch D1, we'll have a higher chance of lynching a mafia in a 3v4 LyLo as opposed to a 3v5 MyLo.
- Alisae
Try that math again when you include the night kill of the mafia. Spoiler: A mislynch ends the game either way.

Despite my disagreement with your logic I don't believe you to be scum because of it. At least you and GP are contributing to the conversation and putting your stance out there. While Bard and Roger just merely agreed without adding anything to it. Which I find that as a lazy way to look town by sheeping along with someone who puts out a strong town vibe. Saws at least hasn't made a clear cut stance on the actual issue, just that you "had a good point."

Bonus reads: Both Kiyo and Neko asked about leads, despite the fact that there cannot be any. Cops wouldn't know their sanity for sure until another investigation or two. There's no other roles that would really yield any more leads. This comes off as a lazy and scummy post and trying to look town but at the same time fly under the radar to me.

Years
I may have completely forgotten there were no 'nillas. Either way though my point stands, I'd rather take risks and get information as a result than simply delay the inevitable for little benefit. That being said, I in no way want to see a bunch of pointless random lynches because that doesn't help anyone.

Desox

This account is inactive.
Years
I agree with Sparkin's & GP's point of view over this.

I was trying to measure Sparkin with this and it felt like a typical exchange, so I'm going with my intuition and townread.

But, Pecilia makes a good point over the potential scumreads. So I'll just lurk here until I form a definitive lyncheé, please don't mind me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
So Nicki was mafia, huh? That's good. Guys, before I give my opinion about the lynching matter, I think I have a good theory about what happened. Maybe Nicki was The Traitor, and the mafia killed her because they didn't know she was The Traitor. Of course that a lot of things could have happened, but I didn't see anyone mentioning this.
Now what I think about lynching someone today:
Both ways have downsides and advantages.
If we abstain today, we won't kill any town, but we also won't kill any mafia.
If we lynch someone, it's very probably that we will lynch a town, but there is always the chance of getting a mafia.
In my opinion, abstaining is a good option, but lynching someone is a better one. I still don't have any reads, and I don't want to lynch someone by RNG. So I will wait a bit more before I cast my vote.

Last edited:

Sparkin

So Nicki was mafia, huh? That's good. Guys, before I give my opinion about the lynching matter, I think I have a good theory about what happened. Maybe Nicki was The Traitor, and the mafia killed her because they didn't know she was The Traitor. Of course that a lot of things could have happened, but I didn't see anyone mentioning this.
Now what I think about lynching someone today:
Both ways have downsides and advantages.
If we abstain today, we won't kill any town, but we also won't kill any mafia.
If we lynch someone, it's very probably that we will lynch a town, but there is always the chance of getting a mafia.
In my opinion, abstaining is a good option, but lynching someone is a better one. I still don't have any reads, and I don't want to lynch someone by RNG. So I will wait a bit more before I cast my vote.

Traitor - is sided with the Zeroes, but the Zeroes will never know who the Traitor is. Wins if the Zeroes win, but does not count towards their majority; will appear innocent on cop reports

Ok, you got one part right but...this role is under which faction?
The Mediators

Hence, if Nicki was 3rd Party, she would show up as green, or mediator.

I see that no lynching also helps in a way, but as stated before as well, it is only delaying the inevitable. We are in greater numbers now, so we're basically waiting for mafia to kill someone at night just so we can get better reads. Regardless if MyLo or LyLo will be ended with a mislynch, we aren't in that situation yet.

By no-lynching, we're showing that we can only lynch when a PR outs with information, or by picking someone at random, which will most of the times be innocent.
Keep in mind that random votes are also a lazy/easy way to vote someone with no reasoning. Random voting isn't better than no-lynching, and mostly those who support random votes are people lazy to scumhunt early or mafia making the day easier to blend with.

If your answer is "a PR can gain more info through the night", you're wrong as well. There's also the possibility that said PR will be targetted at night, resulting in all your reasoning being lost.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I didn't think much of Sparkin's "vote" on me since it seemed random, and since Sparkin has since moved on it looks like that was the case.

While today is the only chance we can abstain, I'm almost never in favor of abstaining in general, since we waste the most powerful action the town has.

With that in mind,

[Eliminate] metroid711

That was before he said that he would reveal alignment. Traitor isn't a Zero, anyway.

Last edited:

Robin

p-pix?
Years
Okay so Nicki is mafia eh?, good riddence to be honest. while i do agree with Pecilia, we can't disregard the fact that we dont have much, if any, information. so i'll trust Sparkin' on this one.. i see Doof is being voted, well he did try to go for an easy lynch on Sparks.
[Eliminate]Bidoof FTW (for now, at least, i might change my vote later on if something comes up)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
ill vote to [elminate] no one for today. its not ideal, but ive not got much time here lately to really think properly

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Until they out themselves this early, I don't think risking a lynch on a potential town PR is worth it. Might as well giving a listen to those who had been voted in stacks before then.

Also, if abstaining is an option then I'd rather go with it. They exist so we don't do random lynching that simply favors the mafia and frankly, they are there for those who can't make their mind at the said point, whether it's for the lack of leads (but has anyone really disclosed leads on D1? It's a rarity), or they're just lazy af.

I'm probably the latter. It's just my gut feeling is saying that Doof is likely to be town, but we've yet to hear him, so [Eliminate] No one

Back