• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I started playing this using an old build, a build where cut couldn't be used because the wrong badge was assigned to it, the ui was different and the sprites weren't animated.

I saw the new build but i didn't want to start over, so i used the save file on the new version, this caused a few issues.

- several items changed to megastones, including the ss ticket and the bike voucher, rendering the boat unacessible (altough i had aquired cut already) and the bike road unacessible aswell.
These weren't an issue as i didn't need them.
- dig caused a crash
- I can only fly to a few areas near the starting town, some inside caves, others in trees and one inside a building of some sort like a pokecenter, only that the screen is black and i have no idea where am i.
- finished the elite 4 and gary, but the guards near the poke league don't alow me to go further and the guy near the cerulean cave doesn't allow me in.
- Sometimes enemies deal damage when i use fly.

So, how do i progress? how do i get past the guards near the elite 4? how do i use the train system in safron.

I'm a player who mainly played pokemon yellow back in the days, so excuse me if i make basic questions about the game.

As for the updater it fails, i get a exception in thread "main" and a buck of classes, then the window closes (this happens ina split second)
I also get "not connected to internet" in the game, but i can assure that i have one.

The save files isn't compatible, theres nothing that can be done, you need to start over. The same issue is likely to occur on the next update as i've finished updating it to essentials 17.1 and currently testing it.

i very love pokemon yellow
but why..?
i can't select boy or girl ??
i want a girl <3
Theres no choice between boy and girl, original yellow only had male

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
New screens

alolan_pokes_by_desbrina-dbpsfqj.png
alolan_pokes_by_desbrina-dbpsfqo.png
pokes_by_desbrina-dbpsfqu.png

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
SWEET! I wish I could continue playing the current version though. My game crashes every time I try to get pikachu because something called a "pikaball" causes a gamebreaking error.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2018
hello

i only recently descoved this game and im enjoying it alot so far, although im curious is this still being worked on? The town map and pokemon location bugs are making it hard for me to play i saw that there was suppossed to be a new update some time last year but it didn't happen? can anyone give me some idea on if this is concidered dead or not?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2018
Thank you for letting me know! I really like what you are doing with it so far yellow was my all time favorite so its awesome to see it get the love it deserves.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 25, 2019
I'm completely new to these kind of fan made games so I'll need a lot of help here. I downloaded the game but I'm not sure how to make updates? I ran the game and it still says E16.1.

I also fought against a Jigglypuff and a Clefairy with Nidoran's poison type move but it wasn't Super Effective. I'm confused. Please help!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 6, 2019
The game is looking amazing so far, Pokémon yellow was my favorite game when I was a kid, seeing it with updated graphics makes me happy

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2020
I am having some troubles getting the game to start. After I get to the start screen, the game gives me a popup window that says: "Script 'sockets' line 597: RuntimeError occurred. HTTP Error 400." That is only if I am connected to the internet. Otherwise, the game will load and play okay. Also I learned not to talk to the delivery man in the pokemon center or the game crashes there too. I don't know if that's because of the internet problem or that it isn't implemented yet. Will try to play offline for now.

NilesMoonFalcon

Pokemon Trainer: Niles
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Oh neat! A Pokemon Yellow version game! To be honest Yellow is my favorite game out of the Pokemon core rpg games. So I hope this gets finished or expands a lot where it's more than just the original game. Maybe like link Johto and fight Gold/Ethan from Red's perspective. Would be neat, but in any case I do hope this gets updated a lot or something. Keep up the good work! ^^

Edit: Uhm.. So this keeps happening each time I have a save file, but it showed error code something about mystery gift, but launch the .exe again after I press enter on the title screen it gives me a runtime 400 line 597 error. I'm not sure what's really causing it, I tried to delete the save and start again. This time I didn't talk to the man but when I exit the game and press enter on the title screen it showed the same 400 error. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
Oh neat! A Pokemon Yellow version game! To be honest Yellow is my favorite game out of the Pokemon core rpg games. So I hope this gets finished or expands a lot where it's more than just the original game. Maybe like link Johto and fight Gold/Ethan from Red's perspective. Would be neat, but in any case I do hope this gets updated a lot or something. Keep up the good work! ^^

Edit: Uhm.. So this keeps happening each time I have a save file, but it showed error code something about mystery gift, but launch the .exe again after I press enter on the title screen it gives me a runtime 400 line 597 error. I'm not sure what's really causing it, I tried to delete the save and start again. This time I didn't talk to the man but when I exit the game and press enter on the title screen it showed the same 400 error. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Try downloading the custom build. It should work

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 11, 2023
I just tried opening this project on a new computer by redownloading the build. It will launch, but fails with the following message: "Script "sockets" line 596: runtime error occurred http error 400"

Back