• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[UPDATE:FILES LOST] Pokémon Glitch Fixes Patch R/S/FR/LG/E [ENG, VER 1.1]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
UPDATE:
My computer crashed and I lost all of the files involved with this project, and as such am unable to reupload the broken files. The original post begins after here and can be used to recreate the patch yourself (see the credits section for more info).

--Original Post--
Hello! I am a beginner at ROM hacking and found a few glitches in the generation 3 pokemon games. I then decided to search the internet for ways to fix them. This is the result of research and time. THIS IS INCOMPLETE AND WILL REMAIN INCOMPLETE! I haven't fixed all of the glitches and currently only Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen are posted at the moment.

Fixed Glitches
Ruby/Sapphire
  • Dewford Gym statue error - The wall behind the statue to the right at the entrance of Dewford Gym behaves like a statue when approached and the A button is pressed. After Brawly is defeated, it will list the player as a certified Trainer.
  • Sootopolis Rock Wall Glitch - In Sootopolis City, to the left of the staircase leading to the house of the old lady who talks about Mt. Pyre is a rock wall that the player can walk in. The player can only go one step in, however.
  • Roaming IV Glitch - This glitch causes roaming Pokémon to have extremely low IVs. In Generation III, the data for a Pokémon's IVs are stored in a 32-bit integer. However, when a roaming Pokémon is captured, only the last eight bits are transferred. While the HP IV is unaffected, the Pokémon can only have a maximum Attack IV of 7. The other IVs will always be 0.
  • Route 134 current glitch - In the bottom-right corner of the island to the southeast of Route 134, there is a current tile that does not behave as a water tile. The player cannot Surf on it, but can walk on it. Walking on it will simply push the player back onto the island to the left.
  • Tate & Liza Oversight - Their name is formatted as LEADER TATE&LIZA, is reformatted to TATE & LIZA.
FireRed/LeafGreen
  • Roaming Roar Glitch - If a roaming Pokémon uses Roar to flee from battle, it will permanently disappear from the game. Most notably, this means that if the Raikou or Entei player encounters during the post-game uses Roar before it is caught, it cannot be encountered again, unless the game is reset to the state which it was in before the encounter.
  • Roaming IV Glitch - This glitch causes roaming Pokémon to have extremely low IVs. In Generation III, the data for a Pokémon's IVs are stored in a 32-bit integer. However, when a roaming Pokémon is captured, only the last eight bits are transferred. While the HP IV is unaffected, the Pokémon can only have a maximum Attack IV of 7. The other IVs will always be 0.
*Note: The Pokedex Glitch will not be fixed due me not having the ASM knowledge required to fix it.

CREDITS:​
HackMew - Post detailing how to fix the Roaming IVs Glitch Link to thread => "https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=214655"
Bulbapedia - list of glitches in these games Link to page => "https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_(Generation_III)"
Y.A.P.E. - Yet Another Pokémon Editor (Used to fix: Roaming Roar Glitch)
AdvanceMap 1.95 Beta (Used to fix: Dewford Gym statue error, Sootopolis Rock Wall Glitch, Route 134 current glitch)
Advance Text 3.1.1 (Used to fix: Tate & Liza Oversight)

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Most ROMs that hackers are using are definitely not version 1.1, but thanks I guess for fixing these incredibly minor things by combining fixes that other people came up with and simple map edits on your part. Did you actually fix the Roaming Roar glitch or did you just shuffle the legendary dogs' movepools around so that they don't have Roar when they're encountered?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Most ROMs that hackers are using are definitely not version 1.1, but thanks I guess for fixing these incredibly minor things by combining fixes that other people came up with and simple map edits on your part. Did you actually fix the Roaming Roar glitch or did you just shuffle the legendary dogs' movepools around so that they don't have Roar when they're encountered?

YAPE was credited so it is likely learnset edits.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I meant that most of the roms out there are version 1.1. If requested, I will release a specific patch for 1.0 roms soon!

I'll say that you should. After all, I'm sure some people may want to use your patch as a base, and if thats the case they'd be forced to use 1.1, and 99.9% (if not all) info on FireRed here is on 1.0.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Have you considered including a fix for the Nugget Bridge prize in Fire Red? I don't know if many people know about and I think I've only played 1 rom hack where it's been fixed. If you lose to the 5th trainer at the end of Nugget Bridge continuously, he'll keep giving you a Nugget when you approach him for a rematch. I always use this to save up buckets of money. It's really easy: have only one Pokemon in your party, make it low-leveled, and just keep on losing to the guy who gives you the Nugget until you have as many as you'd like.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Have you thought of adding this save fix?

Three other glitches I know of:
There's a CoolTrainer in FRLG named Owen, he uses a Nidorino with Nidorina's moveset and vice-versa.

If you're tackling Emerald:
In some rips one of the Emerald fights with May in Rustboro has her using a Torkoal instead of a Slugma. Check up on this, but it might not be in the base ROM you're using.
Speaking of Emerald, there's the bugged RNG that HackMew has a fix for.

Also in FRLG there's the Space Shuttle in the museum that doesn't have Columbia on it. But I'm not sure if one could call that an actual bug or not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Years
Sorry for pushing an old Thread with my first post; but the attachment are down.
I'm particularly interesed with in the Roaming Roar Glitch fix

KiruKiru

The Tricky Zoroark
Years
please anyone know where i can find the roamer glitch fix for gen 3? prefefrably for leafgreen or firered?

Back