• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindMementoX

Rival
Years
  • Age 70
  • Seen Jan 15, 2020
Umm... Uhh... Hello? I'm new to Pokécommunity and just started actually USING this account rather than just reading... so ehh, I just write here the questions? Okay. So I didn't actually find this problem that I have in this... post? because there's like, thousands of pages. I looked and looked but... okay. So my problem is. Why are the damn sprites disappearing from my rom after I try to add a new sprite. The first time I tried to add a Riolu and a Lucario sprite over Wailmer and Wailord, it worked. But now that I'm trying to replace snubbull's sprite with a gible, there comes this "Not enough space" thingy, and I use FSF, blah blah BLAH, and do everything what the tutorials say, but after I'm done with that, the normal sprite works but the BACK sprite... Oooh, that's messed up. I put gibles backsprite there, and ofcourse, it ended up being a bit messy. So I thought that it would work since a guy on youtube said so, so I left the unLZ gba and tested it out. Whaddya know! Only half of the sprite came, kinda like only the top part with a white skinned gible and some orange around him. woohoo ._. I went to check the sprite on unLZ gba when I noticed that IT'S GONE :D. I paniced. seriously. So how do I find the sprite and how do I fix the palette and maybe the sprite? If you're asking for the offset, lucky me, I didn't save it in notepad to use it later on. Haha. ._. great. So I'll be eagering to hear how much I failed on this program. For those who will ask "What game are you trying to HACKZ", I'm using Firered. Not Ruby, not emerald, but the one and only FIRE RED. Red is on fire. Fire is red. So, please help me with this question while I check out that "Script help" thread and probably spam it with scripting questions because PKSV wont work.

Thank you! Did I do good for my first post/forum message/whatever you call them thingy?
-Memento

(PS: If you need the sprites for the gible, gabite and Garchomp (which also dont work), I'll post a mediafire link.)

piepi

Yung Dreamer
Years
So I am writing a very basic script, and when I go to run it, the screen turns black and the background music continues. The game I am working with is Emerald. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the script:
'---------------
#dynamic 0x3E9F84
#org 0x3E9F84
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @done
wildbattle 0x91 0x46 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1
release
end

#org @done
release
end

Last edited:

MindMementoX

Rival
Years
  • Age 70
  • Seen Jan 15, 2020
I wont probably help but the people that can help you might need the script that crashes the game. You could add it so that people can help you.

Oh, and sorry. I forgot to say that this is the sprite thread. There might be more help in the Scripting thread. Sorry, I just noticed :/
I cant seem to post the link but it's called "Script Help Thread". It's in the Emulation & Rom section. Check that place out.

Post the same post there and I bet they'll help.

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I noticed that the Pokecenter scripts in Emerald set var 0x800B to 0x1, and then all of the applymovement commands in the script use "0x800B" as the person ID. (0x1 therefore corresponds to the nurse)
I tried a similar script with the trainerbattle command, but it just seem to run past it to the post-battle texts. Any thought on why the variable works for applymovement but not trainerbattle?

Most scripting commands can load vars or static numbers. This is because vars cannot be less than 4000, so any number below is assumed to be a static value, and any number above is assumed to be a var. (I have actually looked at the coding for a lot of commands and can say that this is fairly accurate.) When loading a var, it will simply take the value contained in said var and use that.

The reason I think the game skipped right to ending words id because you have already battled trainer number 1, most likely, so it treated it as such. Before the trainer battle, add this line:

settrainerflag 0x1

This will enable trainer #1 to battle. Tell me if this fixes it.

So, just for the hell of it, I put one of the 25 ??? slots in the wild and caught it (Fire Red), just to see what would happen. It doesn't show up in the dex, which I don't especially care about, and on the attempt to show the pokedex screen when I catch the thing, it shows the most recently viewed pokedex entry. I thought from there that the game would crash if I didn't view anything in the pokedex, but no, in that case it just skips the screen entirely.

From casual testing experience it seems like there's no reason they can't be wild if you don't mind the wrong Pokedex entry possibly popping up. Why does everybody say it's so bad/say the game crashes?

It won't ever show up in the dex, that is why it crashes. I have personally done this myself and had the game crash. However, if the pokemon was ever in your PC or party by some other means, such as a givepokemon script, then it was registered as having been caught which would deactivate the pokedex screen after catching another one. Why not try to catch one of these pokemon on a new save file? Then you will see what I mean.

In your case, it loaded the most recent dex entry seen. What if that isn't the case? What if that memory has been cleared? Which, like most memory, is probably cleared on warp or at least on quitting after saving the game.

Umm... Uhh... Hello? I'm new to Pokécommunity and just started actually USING this account rather than just reading... so ehh, I just write here the questions? Okay. So I didn't actually find this problem that I have in this... post? because there's like, thousands of pages. I looked and looked but... okay. So my problem is. Why are the damn sprites disappearing from my rom after I try to add a new sprite. The first time I tried to add a Riolu and a Lucario sprite over Wailmer and Wailord, it worked. But now that I'm trying to replace snubbull's sprite with a gible, there comes this "Not enough space" thingy, and I use FSF, blah blah BLAH, and do everything what the tutorials say, but after I'm done with that, the normal sprite works but the BACK sprite... Oooh, that's messed up. I put gibles backsprite there, and ofcourse, it ended up being a bit messy. So I thought that it would work since a guy on youtube said so, so I left the unLZ gba and tested it out. Whaddya know! Only half of the sprite came, kinda like only the top part with a white skinned gible and some orange around him. woohoo ._. I went to check the sprite on unLZ gba when I noticed that IT'S GONE :D. I paniced. seriously. So how do I find the sprite and how do I fix the palette and maybe the sprite? If you're asking for the offset, lucky me, I didn't save it in notepad to use it later on. Haha. ._. great. So I'll be eagering to hear how much I failed on this program. For those who will ask "What game are you trying to HACKZ", I'm using Firered. Not Ruby, not emerald, but the one and only FIRE RED. Red is on fire. Fire is red. So, please help me with this question while I check out that "Script help" thread and probably spam it with scripting questions because PKSV wont work.

Thank you! Did I do good for my first post/forum message/whatever you call them thingy?
-Memento

(PS: If you need the sprites for the gible, gabite and Garchomp (which also dont work), I'll post a mediafire link.)

Just go get a copy of Wichu's Sprite Editors. They are 100x easier and far safer.

Your sprites aren't disappearing. The new ones are being inserted into a new location. So now both the new and the old exist, but only the new will be loaded in game because of pointers. Look at the offsets on the old sprites. Those don't match the offsets that you have for the new sprites.

Also, Unlz is terrible in the fact that it only reloads its data when the data gets deleted. This means that after the first scan of the rom, it will continue to use the same image locations even if you add more images. Simply delete the files it creates when loading a rom to reset this. Now your images should appear near the end of the data or in the new locations you added them. Remember, if you didn't delete the old ones, those will still exist also.

So I am writing a very basic script, and when I go to run it, the screen turns black and the background music continues. The game I am working with is Emerald. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the script:
'---------------
#dynamic 0x3E9F84
#org 0x3E9F84
checkflag 0x1
if 0x1 goto @done
wildbattle 0x91 0x46 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
setflag 0x1
release
end

#org @done
release
end

Lol, fadescreen 0x1 will fade the screen to black, but did you include a command to bring it back up? Nope!

add this: fadescreen 0x0

Also, flag 0x1 is temporary on most games, which means that it will be reset when you warp. Think about that....

I also think a waitstate after wildbattle would do you service.

I wont probably help but the people that can help you might need the script that crashes the game. You could add it so that people can help you.

Oh, and sorry. I forgot to say that this is the sprite thread. There might be more help in the Scripting thread. Sorry, I just noticed :/
I cant seem to post the link but it's called "Script Help Thread". It's in the Emulation & Rom section. Check that place out.

Post the same post there and I bet they'll help.

As long as you aren't using PokeScript, I'll help anyone with scripts, no matter the thread. (As long as it is a help thread.) This is called Simple Questions, which means anything goes, as long as you searched the thread before hand. Granted, it is more organized in the Script Help Thread, but as long as it gets answered, that is all I care about.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I do. It's in his Tools Showcase thread.

Is it Possible to add berries? I know they all have special values and all, but would it be possible?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Oh KK552, You know I will do anything for these hacks.
Where is that special values table?

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
Most scripting commands can load vars or static numbers. This is because vars cannot be less than 4000, so any number below is assumed to be a static value, and any number above is assumed to be a var. (I have actually looked at the coding for a lot of commands and can say that this is fairly accurate.) When loading a var, it will simply take the value contained in said var and use that.

The reason I think the game skipped right to ending words id because you have already battled trainer number 1, most likely, so it treated it as such. Before the trainer battle, add this line:

settrainerflag 0x1

This will enable trainer #1 to battle. Tell me if this fixes it.

I had actually already thought of that issue, and set 0x800B to a trainer flag I knew I hadn't battled yet, such as a gym leader or E4.
I tried adding in settrainerflag x0110 (Leader Juan) to scripts, but this didn't seem to do it - the script still passed over the trainerbattle.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I'm trying to change the text that Prof. Birch says when you start a new game. So I downloaded Advance-Text from wahackpokemon. The problem is when I open the program, nothing happens. I've already tried it dozens of times.

My question is: Is there any way to change what the professor says in the intro?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Oh KK552, You know I will do anything for these hacks.
Where is that special values table?

Do you honestly think I have tried to add new berries? Half of them are useless already.:p

I'm trying to change the text that Prof. Birch says when you start a new game. So I downloaded Advance-Text from wahackpokemon. The problem is when I open the program, nothing happens. I've already tried it dozens of times.

My question is: Is there any way to change what the professor says in the intro?

I had this issue too at first, but I can't remember how I solved it. Make sure you have the latest .net framework installed, at least v4.0.

I had actually already thought of that issue, and set 0x800B to a trainer flag I knew I hadn't battled yet, such as a gym leader or E4.
I tried adding in settrainerflag x0110 (Leader Juan) to scripts, but this didn't seem to do it - the script still passed over the trainerbattle.

I'm going to go look at the coding for the trainerbattle command and see if it accepts vars. it may not.

Edit: I looked over the command and at no point does it call the var_access routine. This means that it doesn't have the option to load vars. Sorry bro.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Does anybody know where I can get all of the 4th gen Pokemon icons from? You know, the pictures that come up when you look at who is in your party, like this one:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Does anybody know where I can get all of the 4th gen Pokemon icons from? You know, the pictures that come up when you look at who is in your party, like this one:
Spoiler:

Here:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/dpicons.html
But seriously, Google is your friend. ;)
You can create the second frames by moving the sprite down by 1 or 2 pixels in MS paint. After that combine the two frames just like your Charmeleon sprite and you should be able to insert them using the Advanced Pokemon Icon Editor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Okay, so my question isn't about scripting or coding or anything technical. It pertains to patching, how does one patch a ROM with a hack of said ROM, say I wanted to pay Pokemon ultra violet, and need to patch it onto FireRed or something..normally this would be no problem on a computer BUT here is the thing,I don't have a computer. I use my phone and the app I use to play gba roms is the My Boy Free Android app. I REALLY want to play the aforementioned game (U.V.) But I can't find it a a straight up ROM, only an ips. This isn't the only game I want to pay thete are many more but, continue to have this heart breaking Problem.. HELP please?
There is an android app called Unipatcher that can help you with that. It can also probably be downloaded on a device running BB10. I haven't heard of any app on Apple's App Store that will allow you to apply patches but unless you're using an iPhone or an old Blackberry you should be good.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Does anyone know how to make tiles that animate only when the player walks through them?
Also what was the number of sprites you can have on one map until they pretty much dont apply their scripts? Wasnt it like 15 or something?

NaughtyBeaver

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 24
  • VA
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
Does anyone know how to get the colors correct with an emerald ROM while using unLZ-GBA. I personally do not think that this is possible.

What I mean by "correct colors" is to have the pokemon/other sprites in the correct color pallet. In Ruby ROM's all the pokemon look normal and not a pixel out of place. And when I load emerald into unLZ-GBA, the pokemon are in black and white and some even split in half. And everything else is just random colored pixels that resemble the sprites. Please help anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back