• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you first get Pokerus?

Which pokemon would you like have Pokerus?

• Total voters

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I myself have had it LOADS of times In my Ruby game.

WaiT

I've never gotten it... ever... and you've gotten it multiple times?

I must be quite unlucky. Either that, or you're quite lucky!

To answer the poll, I would love a Houndoom with Pokérus

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I just got it yesterday in Diamond (I'm replaying Gen 4 right now) , exactly when I didn't need it anymore: by that point I already had completed the Pokémon League, beat all the trainers in the region and just caught the last Legendary in the game. My team was all levels 60, and, I guess, had maxed out EVs.

Oh, and about the poll... Houndoom.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I was really lucky a few months back and I got it in my Emerald playthrough. I didn't really know too much about EVs and stuff I just knew that it supposedly made my Pokemon "grow faster." Looking back on it, my Pokemon were high levels and I didn't do anything to grow my Evs so my Pokerus was wasted.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I believe it was a Zigzagoon in Emerald. The nurse at the PokeCenter saying something about it completely freaked me out tbh haha.

How does a Pokemon with Pokérus looks like compare to its counterpart without the virus?
No different. There's a little icon indicating the virus on the menu thingy.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My Pokemon first caught it in my FireRed Version, I became aware about it in Vermilion City Pokemon Center. I was concerned about it for some reason. But now I know what it actually does.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I'm playing Ruby and if the internal battery has run dry do Pokémon that get Pokerus keep it forever?

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
I just got it 2 weeks ago!! I got it outside the safarizone in pokemon soul silver. My whole team is infected now but they are infected more than 4 days so they still have pokerus but they can't infect others anymore. TIP: what i did was infect a random pokemon from my box by putting it in my team, then i put it back in my box so i can preserve the pokerus for multiple times and so i can bring it over to other games. So if you use this technique you can have pokerus forever.
imgres

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
^ If you have internet connection, a lot of Pokemon you obtain online have Pokerus, so you don't exactly have to worry about losing it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The first time I've ever caught PokéRus was in Pokémon Emerald, when I was battling a wild Roselia with my Electrike. I later transferred this Pokémon to my Platinum via PalPark, but I lost it when my six-year-old cousin managed to delete my save file. Luckily, one of my Pokémon was able to be contaminated with PokéRus again at the beginning of Pokémon SoulSilver due to battling a wild Hoothoot. d:

Sirfetch’d

I believe that the first time I encountered Pokerus was in my Ruby version on my first playthrough. I don't remember the location exactly, but I do know that I was informed by the nurse at the Pokemon center in Slateport. It was post-game however and I could have gotten it anywhere, but I was just healing up my Pokemon there. I was quite surprised though when I was told that my Pokemon had this and I immediately went and did some research as to what it was because I had no idea. That was the first of two times that my Pokemon got Pokerus with the other being in Emerald. I have not had my Pokemon infected since.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
First time I got Pokerus was on my Silver version. However, I do not remember where I got it because at the time I didn't care about it at all haha. In fact every time I've gotten Pokerus I never notice until after a day has passed so I can't transfer it over to other Pokemon. I think there has been only one time (pretty sure it was Pearl but I've lost that game since) that I caught it before a day passed so I passed it onto another Pokemon and deposited them into the PC for future use. So either I have a terrible memory, good + bad luck, or both.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
^ If you have internet connection, a lot of Pokemon you obtain online have Pokerus, so you don't exactly have to worry about losing it.

Your totally right but it's just a little more work and time to get it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
I know its a little weird, but none of my guys ever contacted the virus

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What do the Pokemon in the poll have to do with Pokerus? Anyway, I first got Pokerus from a trade in gen III. It came over with a Lanturn. I got it again in Black 2 and SoulSilver this year, but I don't know what from. I just kind of noticed that I had it.

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
I also received Pokérus through a trade with a classmate back when I was still naive to EVs. He sort of advertised it having me believe it boosted the stats of infected Pokémon during battle, but thankfully didn't ask for much in return. It took me a while to find out what it really did, but it's been spreading and helping me train ever since.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I first got Pokerus from a Gloom in front of the Safari Zone in Soulsilver. Well not exactly in front, but before the little bridge that connects to the Safari Zone. I had no idea what it was and didn't realize anything was wrong until someone at the Pokemon Center told me.
In Black, I got it from a Riolu in a trade.

Years
If I remember right, the first way I got Pokerus was my friend giving me her Pokerus-infected Piplup in the fourth gen games. Feels like I might have gotten it on a Plusle or Minun in Sapphire before though but I just caaan't remember!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
In pokemon Crystal, my Cyndaquil got it I do not know how I just remember him being infected when I went to the pokemon center I was all like SPAM teh A bootun.

Back