• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Insert new pokemon Complete tutorial.

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
I must seem like some retard.\
The typing errors are due to typing without beeing carefull.
Oh and thanks for calling me dumb XD.

Sorry I just meant that that guy was rude, i had not intended to put you down.

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
hey, this is a great tutorial!
i've used this to great success, but i have a question
i've tried using this for trainer sprites, but it's been coming up all glitchy
it says that its too big, so i have to uncheck auto abort and then it doesnt work =/
is there any way to avoid/fix this?

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
hey, this is a great tutorial!
i've used this to great success, but i have a question
i've tried using this for trainer sprites, but it's been coming up all glitchy
it says that its too big, so i have to uncheck auto abort and then it doesnt work =/
is there any way to avoid/fix this?

PM me screenshots. then I'll tell you the problem. Or you can tell me what you do step by step.

Anyway thanks for saying you like it ^^

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
The Backsprite uses the same pallette as the front sprite which explains the colour issue, so far you can't ecounter free-slot pokemon in the wild due to pokedex glitches so, you can only use give-pokemon events. You can also disable the pokedex in a wild event somehow, but I don't have the knowledge on how to do that....

well you can encounter free slot pkmn in the wild if you put them in the regional dex, at least you can encounter them before the nationaldex, although it could have been a fluke when I encountered it...

shot571

can u please make a video because ive tried doing wat u said but it doesnt work

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
PM me exactly what you did, shot571. I can try to help, as this isn't hard when you know what you are doing.

shot571

i did everything it said but i might have missed something out . could u make a video to help me.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
What's hard to get? Check with a Hex Editor for a free space line - shown by FF's, all next to each other. Mark that one down, as well as the one 2 lines down that is FF's too. Use the first one you put as the Pallette Offset, and the 2nd as the Image Offset.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2011
The Tutorial is great but there i don't think it's a complete tutorial, probably 90% if you manage to get the pokecry tut up.
I've tried it, everything works fine, except for some pallets errors which i can easily fixed. When I run the game, encountering the new pokemon in the wild, it appears. Tried to catch it and the entire game freezes after that... cause as I said, your tutorial is just 90% cause you've missed out the most important tut of all... adding the newly added pokemon to the pokedex entry... without this, it's simply useless to even touch the 25 empty slots.

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
The Tutorial is great but there i don't think it's a complete tutorial, probably 90% if you manage to get the pokecry tut up.
I've tried it, everything works fine, except for some pallets errors which i can easily fixed. When I run the game, encountering the new pokemon in the wild, it appears. Tried to catch it and the entire game freezes after that... cause as I said, your tutorial is just 90% cause you've missed out the most important tut of all... adding the newly added pokemon to the pokedex entry... without this, it's simply useless to even touch the 25 empty slots.

I said in the thread that the pokemon will have to be in a give-pokemon(i.e starters or trade) event or you can put them in a wild-pokemon event with the pokedex disabled(i.e. legendary pokemon). At the moment no-one has actually added those empty slots to the pokedex because it is hard and probably takes a long time to work out. But if anyone knows how to do it PM me.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2011
really? u did say that?
ok... i must have not been reading properly... probably reading it at 90% completion only.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
really? u did say that?
ok... i must have not been reading properly... probably reading it at 90% completion only.

It doesn't mention that at great detail. I have a rule that if you can't edit it's Pokemon dex data, it cannot be caught in the wild.

codemonkey85

Software Developer
Years
1. SPINDA, if you send a r/s/fr/lg/e spinda to d/p it keeps the same spot pattern. why does that matter? I don't think nintendo is going to remake the spinda pattern thing EXACTLY the same as before, because the game randomly creates a (wild) spinda's spot patterns from about 1,000,000,000 different combos.

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but can anyone help me figure something out with Spinda's spots? I don't have any way of transferring a Spinda from a Gen III game to a Gen IV game, so I need to see for myself if Spinda's spots really remain in the exact same spot... if they do, you can use the same graphing algorithm in Gen IV. Otherwise, you may have to change the coordinate offsets.

So if someone could get me a screenshot of a Gen III Spinda, and another one where that same Spinda is in a Gen IV game, I would appreciate it like crazy.

This matters to me because I am creating a program to graph Spinda's spots on Gen IV sprites, something that doesn't exist yet (as all other drawers I have seen use Gen III sprits).

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I've done everything you've said EXACTLY, but I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Hey, I have a Question.

When I reduce it to 16 colours in Irfanview, and save as PNG it adds similar but different colours everywhere. I'll include 2 pics of the wierd PNGs (But I can't be bothered Flickr-ing it, ok) btw the forum doesn't let you upload .bmp files...

They're apparently not indexed too.

Last edited:
Back