• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
What the hell? Bowling class? Actually, I think we have a rock climbing class here...but still. Bowling. Do want.

Dude, are you even allowed to evolve the Zubat into Crobat? :| Or are you forever stuck with Golbat? And um Nick better be participating or I'll kill him.

Yeah we are, one of the reasons I actually undertook it is because he added Honchkrow to the list. I'll update if I beat Falkner, which may or may not happen.
If the challenge somehow dies, well I have my own Nuzlocke spin-off idea, but I'm not going to wish that on the challenge. More people need to check it out though, the work he put into it is obvious.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You can tell that he's put a lot of work into making that challenge, but I probably won't participate in it. I don't feel too fond of restarting my Soulsilver game or playing that game on an emulator.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Challenge Idea

I just thought of a new challenge (if no one else has tried this) since "Thank You For the Gift" is looking rather... dead -_-;; .

Title: Zodiac Challenge
Games: Misc
Premise: Play the games with Pokemon that correspond with your Asian, Western, American Indian, and Aztec zodiac signs and elements according to

Western and Chinese Zodiac

Indian Zodiac

Aztec Zodiac

Refer to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Species for Pokemon to choose.

Rules
:
1. Events are allowed, but no Legendaries.
2. Trades are allowed for evolving.
3. Emulators are allowed.
4. Hacks such as Pokemon modifier is allowed for level 5 base evolutions of Pokemon not available in-game.
5. You do not need to use direct zodiacs if they come out as objects (like a scale or house). For objects, you can use Pokemon associated with those objects.

personal example:

Chinese Zodiac: Sheep
Chinese element: Metal
Western Zodiac: Taurus
Western element: Earth
Indian Zodiac: Beaver
Indian element: Earth & Fire
Aztec Zodiac: Lizard

Name: Sooyun
Game: Platinum
Team: Mareep, Steelix, Tauros/Miltank, Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Bibarel/Lopunny, Charmander

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
^ Really interesting challenge, especially with the news arising of a new zodiac sign.

On a personal note, I would just like to say that generation 4 is so slooooooow. :c

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I didn't know there was a new Zodiac. I kept seeing everyone saying stuff on facebook and i was like wtf are they talking about?

I just wish there was an easier way to play 4th gen on an emulator. By easier, I mean something with a speed button. And a way to hack, in case I'm doing a challenge that calls for it. Basically, I want an emulator that functions just like the GBA but can run DS games.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I didn't know there was a new Zodiac. I kept seeing everyone saying stuff on facebook and i was like wtf are they talking about?

I just wish there was an easier way to play 4th gen on an emulator. By easier, I mean something with a speed button. And a way to hack, in case I'm doing a challenge that calls for it. Basically, I want an emulator that functions just like the GBA but can run DS games.
You can use Pokesav for all the Gen IV games, I do that all the time. Also, No$gba has Gameshark/AR capability. I really hate that there is no speed button, though. You can only play at 2x speed max.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I never understood why Sinnoh is so slow to traverse through. Makes me wonder... :/

I've recently found my Ruby cartridge and am thinking of doing some sort of challenge on there, preferably monotype. I'd be willing to take suggestions as to what challenge to partake on said game, but I refuse to participate in Nuzlocke.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
I never understood why Sinnoh is so slow to traverse through. Makes me wonder... :/

I've recently found my Ruby cartridge and am thinking of doing some sort of challenge on there, preferably monotype. I'd be willing to take suggestions as to what challenge to partake on said game, but I refuse to participate in Nuzlocke.

I've never played Sinnoh passed the first few gyms. I think I quit with Fantima (sp?). At least my challenges will force me to finish, but idky, I prefer Isshu/Unova, Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto over Sinnoh. Something about it...

I have Sapphire myself. For monotype, I'd go with either Fire types, Dark types, Flying, Bug, or Normal if only to spite Sapphire for being so water biased.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I actually liked Hoenn, but the hugh amounts of Water and Water Pokemon was a big phat problem. If memory serves right, pretty much right after the sixth gym you had to travel by water. I do know about the Mr. Briney boat to Dewford and Slateport, but they're by boat, so I'm not counting that at the moment.

I have been thinking about going monotype Dark on Ruby, and I'm trying to think about what Pokemon it leaves me with. As far as I know, that would leave me with Mightyena, Shiftry, Sableye, Sharpedo, Cacturne and Crawdaunt. I'd even go with Normal, Poison, Steel or something else like Flying.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
I actually liked Hoenn, but the huge amounts of Water and Water Pokemon was a big phat problem. If memory serves right, pretty much right after the sixth gym you had to travel by water. I do know about the Mr. Briney boat to Dewford and Slateport, but they're by boat, so I'm not counting that at the moment.

I have been thinking about going monotype Dark on Ruby, and I'm trying to think about what Pokemon it leaves me with. As far as I know, that would leave me with Mightyena, Shiftry, Sableye, Sharpedo, Cacturne and Crawdaunt. I'd even go with Normal, Poison, Steel or something else like Flying.

Irk? I like Hoenn, but all that water was irking, especially since I dun leik Mudkipz and always restart my games with either Torchic or Treecko and the water types I use and abuse are Pelipper, Azumarill, and Kyogre. With Dark, that's a balanced team right there. Faster to find than Fire (most of my challenge so far practically had me solo-ing throughout half to 3/4ths the games.)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Ahh Mudkip. I remember the days where I'd run through the game using only Mudkip, Tropius and Torkoal. I don't know why I only used those three, but they seemed cool to me. I wouldn't actually mind going for the Flying Monotype, as it'd give me some nice Pokemon: Swellow, Beautifly, Pelipper, Skarmory etc.

Which for some reason leads me onto an idea for another challenge. I have no idea what it could be called, but you'd choose a Pokemon, any Pokemon which will be your main/starter Pokemon (you can hack it in if you wish to). This Pokemon has to be dual type, and for the challenge you'd need to have either 3 or 5 Pokemon on your team. Your main Pokemon would branch out into other Pokemon for their types. Your branched out Pokemon would have to be uno typed for this challenge, but if impossible (flying types) you can void this rule.

If that doesn't make sense, let me explain it differently. Let's say your main Pokemon will be a Tentacool, which will eventually become a Water/Poison type. If you choose to have five Pokemon on your team, you have to choose two Pokemon for your team which branch out from Tentacruel's typing, so you would need two pure Water types and two pure Poison types, so all in all, your team could be this.
Tentacruel
Wailmer
Azumarill
Swalot
Weezing

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
You can use Pokesav for all the Gen IV games, I do that all the time. Also, No$gba has Gameshark/AR capability. I really hate that there is no speed button, though. You can only play at 2x speed max.

You could also get Game booster or Mz Game Accelerator. I'll pokesav for moves and items. Pokemon... nah. If only because they don't register in the (unalterable) dex and I haven't figured out the egg hatching numbers thing.

Ahh Mudkip. I remember the days where I'd run through the game using only Mudkip, Tropius and Torkoal. I don't know why I only used those three, but they seemed cool to me. I wouldn't actually mind going for the Flying Monotype, as it'd give me some nice Pokemon: Swellow, Beautifly, Pelipper, Skarmory etc.

Which for some reason leads me onto an idea for another challenge. I have no idea what it could be called, but you'd choose a Pokemon, any Pokemon which will be your main/starter Pokemon (you can hack it in if you wish to). This Pokemon has to be dual type, and for the challenge you'd need to have either 3 or 5 Pokemon on your team. Your main Pokemon would branch out into other Pokemon for their types. Your branched out Pokemon would have to be uno typed for this challenge, but if impossible (flying types) you can void this rule.

If that doesn't make sense, let me explain it differently. Let's say your main Pokemon will be a Tentacool, which will eventually become a Water/Poison type. If you choose to have five Pokemon on your team, you have to choose two Pokemon for your team which branch out from Tentacruel's typing, so you would need two pure Water types and two pure Poison types, so all in all, your team could be this.
Tentacruel
Wailmer
Azumarill
Swalot
Weezing

Interesting... So, if I were to pick... idk Swellow my team could be:

Swellow
Delcatty
Swablu (Flying/Normal. evolved would be Flying/Dragon)
Spinda
Castform

Am I right?

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Almost. :D
The point of having either 3 or 5 Pokemon on the team is so you can have an even amount of Pokemon from that type. So if you were to choose Swellow, you'd have to choose two Normal and two Flying Pokemon.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Ah...

*looks up bulbapedia*

I'd have to switch Spinda or Castform in for Tornelos. That's the only Pokemon that's pure flying.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well obviously that's impossible to do if you're choosing flying types. How about to make it easier, the branch Pokemon's main type should be used, or the first type that appears in it's PokeDex entry, so if Swellow was one of your branch Pokemon you'd have to use it's Normal typing.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

Tentacruel
Wailmer
Azumarill
Swalot
Weezing

Very similar to my challenge, the dual type challenge. Just do it over there.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Oh yeah. I forgot about the duel challenge. *face palm* It's only because I've yet to participate in that challenge so it didn't cross my mind that we already had one.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Possible good news in disguise. My laptop stopped working again. I think its done and I'm going to have to send it in. Which means I CAN DO ALL THE DPPt CHALLENGES BECAUSE I DON'T EMULATE THEM!!!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
You have a pretty fail laptop, myrrh. I booted my old netbook yesterday. Just as I thought, my mom dropped it at some point and now there's a huge crack all over the screen. >_<' Oh well. I can still see stuff on it, so I'll just go ahead and back up stuff until the jiggly power cord won't come out. Again. -_-'

And there's actually a huge >extra< Maths Homework. Of course my mom will soon stop the power in my room to stop me from my activities (surfing the internet, browsing through an old collection of 101 games and just yelling "you lose !" at their suckiness... usual Saturday evening stuff).

On a totally different subject, I got Guardian Signs last Saturday and beat it last night. Fail. (yes Syd, I know you hate Ranger games. But my little bro' has his DSi XL, and instead of destroying my screen, I destroyed his ! :D).

And one more thing : I won't be on tomorrow. One of my friends is coming so we can gossip about our classmates do our History project about telephones. Ugh. I hate telephones. Especially writing about them. :o

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I don't much like the Ranger games either. I emulated one (couldn't tell you which one it was though) and thought it was way to different and not Pokemon-y for my taste. But main series/Mystery Dungeon/Colosseum are just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back