• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite video game weapons?

TY

i dont think there has been a recent thread about this, correct me if im wrong

What are some of your favorite weapons in video games, whether they be crossbows, swords or assault rifles and why are they your favorites?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
i dont think there has been a recent thread about this, correct me if im wrong

What are some of your favorite weapons in video games, whether they be crossbows, swords or assault rifles and why are they your favorites?

Pokemon can be classified as a "weapon" no? If not... hmm hard choice. Answer is largely game specific but if I had to pick a "weapon" to rule all others, I'd have to go with this:

Spoiler:

TY

Pokemon can be classified as a "weapon" no? If not... hmm hard choice. Answer is largely game specific but if I had to pick a "weapon" to rule all others, I'd have to go with this:

Spoiler:

I dont think a creature can be classified as a weapon tbh :b

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
The Skyhook in Bioshock Infinite. God I love any chance to use it. I'll adopt a melee strategy to use it more. And the Charge Vigor is my favorite simply due to it utilizing the Skyhook.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The Four Sword in LoZ. It's better than the overrated Master Sword because not only can it banish evil but can also create three useful clones of the wielder.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
idk if I could pick a single weapon, or even a single kind of weapon, too much fun stuff to play with =(

but at the very least I think that I like things that pack a big punch in one hit

Like, in Dark Souls, no other weapons have felt so good to me in that series as the Dark Souls 2 Greatsword and the Dark Souls 3 Dragonslayer Greataxe do. Carnifex and (Black) Widow are my preferred handgun and sniper rifle in Mass Effect trilogy. Kind of always preferred sneak attacks with bows and daggers in Oblivion/Skyrim.

and so on

edit: y'know, I think I have a thing for magic too now that I think about it

Last edited:

TY

Personally I'm a huge fan of sniper rifles in most video games, always got to like them due to how most of the snipers I've gotten to use in video games have always looked so nice, real weapons or fictional ones.

Like in Destiny, the Y-09 Longbow Synthesis had to be one of the coolest looking snipers, the full blue body with some red tints made it stand out and has been the sniper of choice in that game, also cause it had quite the punch to it.

But for a game like Terraria I absolutely adore the Fiery Greatsword as it looks like a sword made from flames.

pkmin3033

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Fists.

Give me fists.

EVERY GAME NEEDS FISTS.

I'm dead serious, I love any game that has an emphasis on weapons but adds in close-ranged as a combat option, especially when it's functional and moreso when the game has perks or skills to supplement it. It's often a hell of a lot of fun and, really, I wish it was in every game. It just makes sense.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen May 14, 2022
I love two-handed swords in games. They don't have to be realistic, but I don't like the comically huge and overblown swords.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I don't really have favourites, now that I try to think of my preferred weapons in games - I don't gravitate towards anything in particular and can enjoy ranged or close combat, slower, heavier weapons or quick daggers.

The only preference I can really think of is in L4D, I'll always pick a weapon with higher ammunition capacity because my aim is so awful regardless of power, I can't work with shotguns at all.

Speaking of Terraria though, I just started playing recently and instantly gravitated towards the bard class because the weapons are so silly. I believe we are currently using Infernal Piccolos.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Speaking of Terraria though, I just started playing recently and instantly gravitated towards the bard class because the weapons are so silly. I believe we are currently using Infernal Piccolos.

I should probably mention that those are exclusive to the Thorium mod on Terraria. They aren't in the base game.

Anyways, I always like it when games include easy-to-use bows. They make stealth approaches to combat really fun for me.

TY

oh god not the bards

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I got Bloodborne a few days ago, and it's pretty cool how a lot of the weapons can change/turn into another weapon. It's not something I think that a lot of games have ever done. I like the axe I chose at the beginning of the game, it's nice how it can switch between a one-handed battle axe and a two-handed poleaxe.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I got Bloodborne a few days ago, and it's pretty cool how a lot of the weapons can change/turn into another weapon. It's not something I think that a lot of games have ever done. I like the axe I chose at the beginning of the game, it's nice how it can switch between a one-handed battle axe and a two-handed poleaxe.

Bloodborne's weapons are amazing. There are so many unique things that you can play around with, especially with the weapons from the DLC.

Back