• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Drabble Dex

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Trevenant

DIY

"Bah, another one." His Pokémon noticed the skinny obstruction. She rolled her eyes.

"Look, you know I can't get around that tree." A moment passed. "Please?"

She sighed. She was rapidly losing her motivation. A few slashes and hacks gradually stripped the tree of its scrawny limbs.

Grraewwaorrrr

She froze.

"Hi, mister… angry tree…" Her trainer hurried backwards. "Defeat that monster!" She stared at the towering Trevenant. Its single red eye glared back.

When its six legs scampered towards her with spiked arms outstretched, she decided. She flew straight up, out of the forest, and ignored her trainer's protesting wails.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yamask

Contemplation

It wasn't bad being a Pokémon. But the memories of her previous life still stung.

There were advantages, of course. She carried so much knowledge and life experiences that she could draw upon in this new form.

But she just couldn't forget. She couldn't forget the escape, nor the fire chasing them, nor how they had been split up.

Only she had made it out. Surviving then proved to be a curse as much as a miracle.

She gazed at her mask, but she only saw his face in her mind. It would be better if she couldn't remember everything.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Cofagrigus

Censored

Another successful GTS transfer. He grinned.

Sure, it was lazy. But the professor never said how he should complete the Pokédex. Breeding all those starters was paying off. He typed in the next Pokémon on the list and hit submit.

WARNING! INDECENT REQUEST! INDECENT REQUEST!

The trainer clutched at his ears as sirens blared and alarm lights flashed. Police barged into the internet café and hauled him out.

"What's going on?!" he cried.

"We don't tolerate that kind of language, sir," one told him coldly.

"But I just wanted a Cofag-" he started, before soap was thrust into his mouth.

Years
These are all such short little things but somehow extremely pleasant to read. I have no idea how you do it. I particularly enjoyed the Finneon/Lumineon and Flabebe ones.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
A few of these feel less like complete stories and more like a setup, but when you restrict yourself to about 100 words I suppose that is the challenge you deal with.

I particularly like your ghost stories and would like to see how you handle something less tragic and more sinister. Say, Spiritomb.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
These are all such short little things but somehow extremely pleasant to read. I have no idea how you do it. I particularly enjoyed the Finneon/Lumineon and Flabebe ones.
Cheers for the compliment, gimmepie!
A few of these feel less like complete stories and more like a setup, but when you restrict yourself to about 100 words I suppose that is the challenge you deal with.
It certainly is a challenge. Curiously, do you have specific instances of a drabble feeling incomplete? A couple come to my mind already
I particularly like your ghost stories and would like to see how you handle something less tragic and more sinister. Say, Spiritomb.
Spiritomb shall be added to the list! Sinister, hum... We shall see.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Had a break thanks to busyness with life and Daily. But getting back into fics!

Ditto

The Great Egg Conspiracy

He ran – ran - for the first time in years. It was a short distance from his position outside to the front desk, but it left him gasping for breath.

"They're… onto us," he panted.

She nodded and slammed a button. The cages behind her screeched opened. Gradually numerous Ditto slowly exited their drab confines.

"Go on, get out!" he urged. "If they find out how we were using you… Oh, we shouldn't have listened to that Professor!"

"Shut up! We'll be fine! Just…" She snatched at a broom and tried to sweep the flubber Pokémon out into Route 34.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Back from the dead!

Mareep

Counting sheep

"No treatment is working for Mary's insomnia..." the senior doctor mused.

"Maybe we should try something different. Like..." The trainee tapped his fingers. "Maybe have her count Mareep?"

"Yes, maybe- no! Don't be silly." She stared. "You're serious? That's a silly misconception. And there's hardly any Mareep on the nearby farm to count!"

"What about... counting their legs?"

"Those Mareep have so much wool you can't see any other part of them!"

Mary, sitting on the nearby chair, yawned. They were so boring with their chatting for hours about treatments. Maybe... if she just rested her eyes for a while...

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Flaaffy

Makeshift cushion

Dana sighed as she stared down the road of Route 38, while stroking her Flaaffy's wool. The Trainer she had called was taking his sweet time.

"That free Thunderstone isn't going to wait forever..." she muttered. "And standing here in the sun is tiring!"

Eventually enough was enough. Dana turned to her two Pokémon.

"Psyduck, stand watch!" she ordered. Psyduck stared blankly ahead, which she guessed was good enough. She walked to a nearby tree with her Flaaffy, and sat down, resting her head against the soft wool on its neck. It bleated quietly.

"At least you guys are reliable..."

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ampharos

Because you're worth it

The Nimbasa Fashion Show was in full swing. Elesa took in the sights, with Trainers and Pokémon strutting their stuff on the runway.

"Next up, we have Nina, from Kalos, with her Ampharos!"

Ampharos? Curious choice for a fashion show... she thought. The pair appeared with the sheep Pokémon waddling besides its trainer. Then Elesa noticed a large stone upon the trainer's ring shining bright.

In a flash of light the Ampharos transformed, as gorgeous rivers of hair sprouted from its head and tail. Red orbs glistened, and it adorned sunglasses.

"Beautiful..." she whispered, unable to tear her eyes away.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Most beautiful and glorious Ampharos ever. I hope the Mareep family is added to the index soon~

These drabbles are fun, and I see they have been going on for a while. I'll have to give them a bit of time during commute and or stuff, certainly. Any totally sweet chance we could see what you make of Poochyena and Mightyena?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Most beautiful and glorious Ampharos ever. I hope the Mareep family is added to the index soon~

These drabbles are fun, and I see they have been going on for a while. I'll have to give them a bit of time during commute and or stuff, certainly. Any totally sweet chance we could see what you make of Poochyena and Mightyena?
Ah yes, the index. I'll get to it this week.

Had a hiatus with the drabbles but may be getting back to them (and there's some I haven't posted either!). I'll add those two to the to-do-sometime list. =) Thanks for the comment on Ampharos as well!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bump. A pair of drabbles written as part of the fan work feature project, featuring the Yamper line!

Yamper

One time only

"Thought of it last night," the youth boasted to his friends. He threw a Poke Ball at the Machoke wandering nearby, which popped out immediately.

As it looked about to see what happened, the boy's Yamper responded to his whistle, sprinted to the Ball and returned with it. It plopped it by them, with some additional drool.

"Yes... well, I can use the same Ball again, see?" He threw it. The Machoke escaped again and this time caught sight of them.

"Get the ball, Yamper!"

Yamper took a look at the Machoke lumbering toward them, and decided to run off.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Boltund

Guard Dog

It was the faintest sound, but the Boltund heard. Howling, she flung herself through the dog door and leapt over the fence, giving chase to the intruder. They were already away but she could smell their fear.

She rounded the corner and blitzed through the field. This time the shortcut would work. She made it to the road, and tried to bite a tire. The motorcycle veered sharply, and then accelerated away.

The dog tried to keep up but eventually gave up as the distance between them grew. She growled and turned back.

Tomorrow, she would catch that pesky postman.

Bay

Years
Been a while since I read your drabbles, gonna comment on the most recent ones. I enjoyed the Yamper and Boltund drabbles! Chuckling at the image of Yamper running away from a dang Machoke. = P

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Belated thanks for comments!

Trubbish

In defense of Trubbish

"Ugh, that's the new Pokémon?" one kid exclaimed, his voice dripping with disgust.

"It's lazy," the other muttered. She spat at the ground. "Devoid of imagination. Masuda ia reaching deep into that gutter."

"Terrible. This Grimer thing is just... sludge!" He was yelling now. "These Kanto Pokemon are way worse than Unova's! Trubbish at least has the knot for ears, glass-like teeth, and a loveable personality." He shook his fist in the direction of Game Freak's offices.

"And its evolution! It's bigger sludge. Wowee. Garbodor gained pipe arms, this is just... more sludge!"

"Worst gen ever," they agreed in unison.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Garbodor

Trash disposal

She sighed quietly. "Idiots." It was all wrong. How did they even get their degrees?

How would they possibly solve the dilemma of the Darkest Day at this rate? They'd need 3,000 years, not just a mere thousand. Chairman Rose deserved better.

"Dinnertime," she said at length. The Trash Heap Pokémon gurgled happily as she lumbered toward Oleana. She dutifully tipped the piles of papers, tarnished with incorrect calculations and inconceviable results, into a feeding bowl and watched her Garbodor consume at length. She had grown large over the years of clean-up.

"At least those buffons can produce something useful..."

Back