• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A-Map problem, looking for help

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2022
Okay new to using threads and forums on poke community, sorry if this is the wrong place.

So I'm using Advance map to make a small scale hack and I broke the S.S. Anne what I mean is it won't show up, when I changed stuff back with imports from a clean rom on map area 4.1 (The S.S. Anne Dock) I tested walking out onto the dock and it appears to give me random text depending on the Pokemon in my party, upon completely reverting vermillion I could not even enter the city. Someone who knows what's going on please help me out, I can send you the rom if you need it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Okay new to using threads and forums on poke community, sorry if this is the wrong place.

So I'm using Advance map to make a small scale hack and I broke the S.S. Anne what I mean is it won't show up, when I changed stuff back with imports from a clean rom on map area 4.1 (The S.S. Anne Dock) I tested walking out onto the dock and it appears to give me random text depending on the Pokemon in my party, upon completely reverting vermillion I could not even enter the city. Someone who knows what's going on please help me out, I can send you the rom if you need it.

A-Map has a tendency to break your hack pretty easily, especially if it's finding free space automatically. Disallowing a-map from finding free space automatically and using something else to find free space for you would help.
Also just frequently back up your rom. Much more frequently than you think you need to. A-Map can and will break things

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2022
Okay, thank you I'll make sure to back up more often, but is there a way to fix this or is it just messed up forever?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
What version of AdvanceMap are you running? Importing stuff is always pretty sketchy
And it's hard to say on whether or not it's fixable.

Back