• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
well try going to bed, and sleep.. then comes the morning and everythin's alright... :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2010
i Just downloaded the Beta 2.1 but when i go outside in the game everything is red and its really annoying. why is this and can it be fixed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
My butterfree did not learn confusion at level 10...
Plz help me.
I tried catching another and making it to level 10 still no use.
Is it bug or i m doing something??
Bcoz i m not stopping metapod evolve to butterfree at level 10.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I hope Beta 2.2 comes soon :0 I'm waiting 4ever. XP

Right now I'm working on re-inserting a lot of the scripts into the game. Since I added JPAN's Hacked Engine to the game, it deleted all the old scripts used by the original game, many of which I used. So now I have to resinsert them.

The good news is this means I'm adding a lot of new sprites to the game and since I'm inserting the scripts again can rewrite any that I want, which means a lot of updated events (the Metapod event, for instance, will now have Beedrill and Metapod sprites in it).

The bad news is that I'm not progressing in terms of adding new events.

My butterfree did not learn confusion at level 10...
Plz help me.
I tried catching another and making it to level 10 still no use.
Is it bug or i m doing something??
Bcoz i m not stopping metapod evolve to butterfree at level 10.

Ash's Butterfree never learned Confusion. After it evolved it did know Sleep Powder, however. I changed the order of Butterfree's attacks to be more show accurate. It learns Confusion at a later level. This makes the battle with Brock more difficult, too, and makes the whole powering up Pikachu thing more important.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2010
I really like this hack a lot so props for your awesome work but I was just wondering,

everytime a new beta release comes out will I have to start all over again? I'm playing this on my psp so far.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm stuck on st anne.
Anyone know how to get off?
NVM found out

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2011
i have a question. do you by chance have a deadline set for yourself for finishing this hack?

Sato

N'cha!
Years
Ash's Butterfree never learned Confusion. After it evolved it did know Sleep Powder, however. I changed the order of Butterfree's attacks to be more show accurate. It learns Confusion at a later level. This makes the battle with Brock more difficult, too, and makes the whole powering up Pikachu thing more important.

Quite a good hack, I must say. Although on the topic of changing levels that stuff happens, any chance of making it so that Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle don't evolve until later than level 16? Or if that's not easily done, perhaps make some Everstones available relatively early on? (I let Charmander evolve at level 34 when I was in the Exeggutor event, Charmeleon evolved into Charizard just before I fought Aerodactyl, so that's already pretty good as is if you do manage to modify the levels of evolution.)

Oh and right... You might want to do something about the level of Sabrina's Kadabra? It's ridiculously over-leveled for the part of the game it's in. Being about 10 levels higher than all my Pokemon at the time, it tended to hand out instant OHKO's before I could even attack. I had to rely on getting critical hits on Pidgeotto's and Pikachu's Quick Attack and using a revive. The rest of the game (I just gave Misty the Togepi) always seemed to have Pokemon with levels around the same as my own. Along the way I noticed a few graphical bugs and grammatical issues, but nothing particularly major. The main one that sticks out in my head is saying that James's parents have "past away", instead of "passed away" as it should.

Last edited:
Years
I like this hack very much because I always wanted to play as Ash. But the OW and Ash Both Front and Back sprite isn't good at all. Also the Tree you used they are kinda strange. Will you change them. Btw. I reall Like your hack. Your script are very good. Keep it up. I wante to see this hack finished. Good luck

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
I had some question.
About the jigglypuff that says "But there seems. . ."
Whats the mission I have to do?
And the episode "Bulbusaurs's mysterious garden? Where could I find it?
I really like this game.

Back