• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
*Looks at pkmaster's post. Shakes head sadly, but says nothing.*

I can't beleave PC was down while I finally -caught- a new shiny...

on COLOSSEUM...

I caught the Heracross, but didn't pay attention to it untill I started to heal the thing...

After a few minutes the glowing things that go around it gave it away, yeah I didn't even notice for like 10 minutes. I blame being sleepy.

It's purple-blue with a pinkish tummy and when I sent it to Leaf it was all lavender-pink...
pkrssh168.gif

Please, does anyone know what are the odds for a shiny on Colosseum?

In other news I've been hatching Surskit for a week with no luck at finding a black one. Why coulden't my luck be there? Well that brings my total to 7 shinys on the Advanced games, I'm not even counting the older games anymore... ... ...

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Well r5, it looks like you can officially discount all finds that pkmaster claims to have gotten, and Id boot him out of the club if it was up to me.

Congrats on the Hera LDD. In all my time playing Advanced games, and thats a buttload, Ive only ever caught my shiny cubone and seen one shiny ryhorn. That shiny gastly looks cool. :D

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Well the Zigzagoon is the one you download during the berry update, I got a Female one on Saphire and a Male one on Ruby, traded the male one to a friend and then ran into a Female on the game a short time later, I named her Sora so people could tell it wasn't a downloaded Zigzagoon, that's the Linoone now.

Yeah, Gastly's nice, but I'm trading it for a Jirachi in the fall. Long way off, but I won't see the person untill then, and that's only if he shows up. If not then I'll start training it.

Last edited:
Years
Could you please give us some detailed explanations, or at least a photo or two?
I bet half the club's grumbling at your boastful claims by now.

Shiny Parayoshi

Yoshi King
Years
Hey guys sorry i havent been on for a while trying to get me a new computer a faster one and a one where i can play World Of Warcraft on also been reading 8-bit theater on nuklearpower.com it is so funny. I havent been shiny hunting lately but I am getting back on track.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
pkmaster... it seems as if every time you post you've got at least one new shiny... i don't find this easy to believe. would you be so kind as to tell us every one you have? it seems that you only think to tell us that you have it as soon as somebody else claims to have it, which makes you kinda untrustworthy... we try to be trusting, and we like to take people's word but when people just say "o, by the way i caught a girafarig, and i already had a shiny porygon and delibird" it is hard to believe. i hope that you aren't lieing to us, because that's a low thing to do, if you were lieing, you really pissed me off about aerodactyl and feebas. i am inclined to do as jaws says and have your pokemon removed from our dex and you from our club. but that's not really what we do around here. so unless in your next post, you either confess, or give us a list of your shinies captured, i will ask SGM to remove your pokemon from the dex and we won't welcome you back. if you admit that you've lied, we'll take your pokemon on the dex, but we won't hold it against you; we'll allow you back any time. so, we await your list of shinies. if, after you submit your list, you have another "o i caught that one but didn't tell you" things, we will be rid of you. do i make myself clear?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
....well said, anyway moving on from that topic i am currently looking for a shiny Torkoal on Ruby, ive bein looking non stop and still nothing *sigh* i wish it would hurry up. well i'll post again when i finnaly find it

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
o, didn't i tell you guys? i caught a torkoal aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. (jkjkjkjkjk) did i sound like pkmaster when i said that?

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
I caught one b4 u lol. XD Shiny Torkoal eh? I dont see heaps of them on my Sapphire, still, dont ever ask me to go hunting for a shiny Koffing. They are harder to find than when the Lati@s are running around. Seriously. I think my Sapphire is a jerk to me for some reason.

rsgh5 said:
ya, i think you may have (it's not me though because i'm looking for that pink peice of crap with wings!!!!!)
it's so annoying talking to that scientist over and over... there are two typos. this is what he says:
"You late. Where were you? Your fossil is back to life! It was AERODACTYL like I think!"
what an idiot! it's a wonder he can turn a fossil into a living pokemon... and if it's an AERODACTYL like you think, does that mean it's not an aerodactyl? because you obviously don't think you peice of crap with glasses!!!!!!!

Lol I love digging up old dirt. This is ooooooooold lol. And still the poor guy doesnt have a shiney Aerodactyl. XD

Last edited:

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
My shiny beginnings

Hello everyone!
First I have to tell you, I am quite lucky in that I can pretty much play whenever I want too. I can't have my game taken away because I AM the mom, lol! I know, don't have a stroke, but I am 39. (and a girl, imagine that!) I started late in life in the modern gaming world, late 2002 actually. I started out with Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, then my best friend's sons (they are 11 and 15 now) got me and my daughter (she's 19) started on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. (of course I went back and bought every single pokemon game ever known to mankind after that)
Sorry, enough of that factsy stuff, back to shiny Pokemon. I caught a shiny wurmple a couple of weeks ago and was totally thrilled about it. I ended up going the silicoon route to get a beautifly. It's not terribly different than the normal one though. In some ways I wish I had not let it evolve because the shiny wurmple was pretty. I bought a new Sapphire game last week and have spent several hours restarting it trying for a shiny Torchic. (am considering changing my mind and going for Shiny Mudkip, since it is VERY different than the normal one) Does anyone have a clue what the average time spent would be for this? I have read the odds are really against getting a shiny starter, does anyone know exactly what the odds are? :\ I apologize if this is already covered in the topic but after reading 6 pages I decided I would be reading for the rest of the night if I tried to finish the whole thread. I will still finish the thread I imagine, just wanted to say Hi before I turned 40. I don't know if you want some old lady in your club, I really just wanted to say Hi and tell you how impressed I am with your determination, and success in finding shinies. I would like to be able to discuss the game with some of you also. It's tough for me to find people that know enough about the game to talk about it intelligently. (none my own age, for sure) It's nice to see you all having so much fun.
Kim
P.S.
I cannot WAIT for Pokemon Emerald! I already own 3 Ruby and 3 Sapphire cartridges. I have doubles of everything else also. (I have 12 Dragon warrior monsters 2 cartridges and 6 of DWM 1.) The reason I do this is I have very few people to trade with so I trade with myself. I like record swapping also, so there are more tv shows to watch! :D It's fun to visit all the secret hide outs and fight "myself" too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
*blinks* i think you beat me for longest post with all correct punctuation and spelling in this club. i forget what the exact odds are, but they're really, really bad... and the average time spent... i spent like 3 or 4 months (not non-stop, but whenever i had nothing better to do) resetting to try to get a shiny aerodactyl. and, we'd love to have "some old lady" in our club. we're open to everybody so long as they want to join and are crazy enough to actually spend time looking for shinies. i haven't shiny hunted lately, but i do it every so often. it's really awesome hearing from the previous generation that our shiny hunting shows "determination" rather than a senseless obsession. we'd be glad to post with you any time, akidatheart.

DARK MIGHTY LATIAS

eliminater of good and evil...
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
Akidatheart said:
Hello everyone!
First I have to tell you, I am quite lucky in that I can pretty much play whenever I want too. I can't have my game taken away because I AM the mom, lol! I know, don't have a stroke, but I am 39. (and a girl, imagine that!) I started late in life in the modern gaming world, late 2002 actually. I started out with Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, then my best friend's sons (they are 11 and 15 now) got me and my daughter (she's 19) started on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. (of course I went back and bought every single pokemon game ever known to mankind after that)
Sorry, enough of that factsy stuff, back to shiny Pokemon. I caught a shiny wurmple a couple of weeks ago and was totally thrilled about it. I ended up going the silicoon route to get a beautifly. It's not terribly different than the normal one though. In some ways I wish I had not let it evolve because the shiny wurmple was pretty. I bought a new Sapphire game last week and have spent several hours restarting it trying for a shiny Torchic. (am considering changing my mind and going for Shiny Mudkip, since it is VERY different than the normal one) Does anyone have a clue what the average time spent would be for this? I have read the odds are really against getting a shiny starter, does anyone know exactly what the odds are? :\ I apologize if this is already covered in the topic but after reading 6 pages I decided I would be reading for the rest of the night if I tried to finish the whole thread. I will still finish the thread I imagine, just wanted to say Hi before I turned 40. I don't know if you want some old lady in your club, I really just wanted to say Hi and tell you how impressed I am with your determination, and success in finding shinies. I would like to be able to discuss the game with some of you also. It's tough for me to find people that know enough about the game to talk about it intelligently. (none my own age, for sure) It's nice to see you all having so much fun.
Kim
P.S.
I cannot WAIT for Pokemon Emerald! I already own 3 Ruby and 3 Sapphire cartridges. I have doubles of everything else also. (I have 12 Dragon warrior monsters 2 cartridges and 6 of DWM 1.) The reason I do this is I have very few people to trade with so I trade with myself. I like record swapping also, so there are more tv shows to watch! :D It's fun to visit all the secret hide outs and fight "myself" too.

uhh...yes, I go out everyday in australia to find pokemon emerald, even tho its not out, i just CANT WAIT!! But good luck on finding those shiny pokemon...

schmitzgirly94

Years
I'd love to join1
I enjoy studying what shiny pokemon look like.
And if anyone would like to know, the games I'll
be using to search for shinies are Leaf Green and Saphire.
I am homeschooled and I help my mom out with Avon.
So I'll be playing the game like 20% of the day. :P
And anyone is welcome to PM me if you'd like to talk
about my favorite shinies! :)

Back