• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CS:GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
cs-go-logo-02.jpg

So hey guys! Anyone here playing some CS:GO? Just curious :3

And how is your experience?​

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 8, 2016
I used to play CS:GO, but the community is so toxic. I can no longer enjoy the game because fo that.

mayunaise

sandwich spread
Years
Aw yis, I love it so far. Some of my komrades have been awesome in comp, even when I lost a game, I had fun. I love the community for its good parts, though its bad parts like the 10 year olds and squeakers do get to me some times. I fyou wanna play a match one day, add my my smurf!
Oh, and heres the score from one of my recent games.
Spoiler:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023

Git gud

Spoiler:

on that note, sounds like we could play a game sometime with some people here. buuut, i have to watch out, because this is one of the few games that can actually take my salt resistance away.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I actually feel ashamed that I don't have CS:GO on my own computer right now, so the way I've been playing is by dropping by a friend's place and asking him if I can play a few rounds.

Those are some lovely scores. Possibly more than what i can currently do since I'm so out of practice with SEE US GO, unless I pick up an SG553 from a terrorist.

Lize

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
There was once a time when I was quite confident in my skill, when I was still ranked as a Distinguished Master Guardian, and usually outfragging Legendary Eagles with ease. Right now, though, the score I posted was the last time I felt confident in what I can do in the game.

I've always played in a team of 5, we had very good team play and strategy. That was our goal, too, to become better as a team. But, we all sort of.. dropped the game. I suppose fun was over, or something. I suppose we also had quite the skill difference in our little team, as one of us was definitely worthy of already being Supreme Master First Class while we were all still stuck around DMG/Eagle.

Right now, I don't really play any competetive anymore. It's quite bad for me now because sometimes I feel absolutely horrible when I see myself performing so much worse than what I used to. I only play with Mayu now, mostly for shit and giggles.

Mirage is basically the only map left that I can play, I see to usually end up somewhere at the bottom for some reason on any map like Cache or Dust 2. I've always kind of hated Dust 2, though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
There's a reason why a lot of teams in the competitive scene ban out Dust 2 from the map pools against certain teams like Luminosity or Fnatic but I think Luminosity is the best team in the CSGO scene right now.

When i remember playing counter strike a while.. most of what I will say are Pre CS:GO related stuff though but considering how CSGO is still very much Counter Strike, albeit a VERY DIFFERENT GAME FROM 1.6 in terms of spray patterns and other mechanics.

Whenever i do play T side, I'd actually swap out my AK with an M4 because I was complete garbage with it. Then i learned from my friends on how to AK and i swap out my sh*tty M4 with an AK if ever i was playing on CT side. The little secret of killing people with an AK was to know how to quick crouch because those 1-2 bullets are so damn accurate anyway. Quick crouching helps reduce the chances of getting it, a little bit, and obviously proper bursting was the key. Its so satisfying to be so good with the AK once you get the hang of it. AK 4 life.

Also, I remember the p90 being kinda busted in some versions of CS. I'm not sure how stronk the Pro-90 is at the latest version of CSGO.

Also, believe me when I say this, I've been following the CSGO competitive scene for a while now since I've always loved competitive counter strike as much as the next organ party. I swear on me mum.

Lize

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Yeah, in my opinion the p90 is still pretty busted, especially in lower elo where people need just a bit more time to get a nice spray off or to get that sweet AK one tap. People running at you with a p90 just don't give you any time and quickly kill you while being hard to hit because they don't stop running.

I'd say crouching in CS:GO is quite dangerous, also especially in lower elo where people don't usually aim at head height, because if you do crouch you usually enter their aim with your head, giving them a free headshot.

I'd definitely favor the AK over M4, although I do have quite some love for the M4A4 on CT side. Although I like to sometimes switch over to M4A1-S for accuracy when I'm playing more supportive, the extra ammo and clip size definitely makes M4A4 better for holding a site.

I haven't actually played any counter strike before CS:GO, or at least not really at all.

Hey Xin, you should definitely pick it up and play with us sometime~

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Oh riight, what's with me talking about pre-CSGO crap. I noticed it. Since the spray patterns in CSGO is so drastically different from how it was, people would prefer to stand, and aim at heads asap. Crouching may result in a smaller hitbox, but that doesn't make the head any more safe, especially if one has the habit of not buying a helmet, like going eco and stuff x__x.

TY

I play it with friends from time to time and do like SSG-only battles, which end up in people swapping to Negevs or shotguns and then it becomes a mad place to be in.

I'm not bad, but im definetly not good. At best I'd say im very inconsistent in CSGO

SushiFeelings

(´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 29
  • US
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
I usually only play with my friends and I've been tempted to get back into the game. Currently I have no mic or sound so I can't really play it, but I'll probably pick it back up once I get my new headset in. It's pretty fun for a FPS since it relies more on team play unless you are a low rank then you can just yolo it.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
Years
I've been interested from a moneymaking proposition. CSGO can net you a lot for investing some time- kinda like TF2. Though I have to say, of the two I'm more interested in this and would probably play it if I had the friends to do so.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
i never played ranked, but i used played with my friends. every once in a while i fight bots cause I'm bored and its kinda fun

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
I play quite a lot, but I'm not here to disagree with the ones that said the community is toxic, cause that's just the truth.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm gonna lock the thread because this is like 4 and a half years old, it's better to make a new thread at this point for the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back