• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Nice rant there Alter Ego. *Freshly feared again* XD Anyway, I have to say, that I certainly wouldn't join something that had elements I didn't know about. Or, at least, I'd rather not. And we're not trying to target the entire PC population, just a few. In the end, only about 5-10 people will be allowed to join, if that many, and there are that many dedicated pokemon lovers who are beast at Roleplaying at PC. As Alter Ego pointed out, there's a reason this place is called 'Pokemon Community'. Besides, I pity the person who's never heard of pokemon, considering whether they think it's retarded or not, almost everyone has heard of the series/cards. As for the joining just because you know the series, I'm guilty of all charges. ^_^;; It's like a bad habit.

Now on the subject of the RP, what do you think of my 'Child' idea Alter Ego? It wouldn't change the RP by much, and it'd add about a sentence to the plot. But then there's the chance that people might think that they're the almighty god of everyone else..._ _;;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yeah, go me and ranting...I swear, one of these days they're going to demand for a rule stating that I should be kept on a leash at all times. xD

Anyway, did I forget to comment on your idea? o.o *Rushes off to read it again*

*Gets back* Well, that idea does seem to have some merit, what with all the talk about everyone having psychic powers but most just not realizing it (I believe Sabrina said that), so yeah, they could be ones with an unusually good talent for recieveing psychic signals, hence, they'd be the easiest minds for the semi-dormant entity to connect with. That makes sense, and would also serve as a nice weapon for branding them insane (I mean come on, people listening to the little voices in their heads? xD). They wouldn't know of this unusual talent at first though, I did mention that I'd have Tate and Liza serving a plot purpose, right? They'd get to help in explaining this bussiness to the characters later on. Oh, and it would, in my opinion, be a nice complication if they did indeed get caught by the government at some point. But that all depends on how the plot actually ends up developing.

Anyways, the main issue to sort out at the moment is the villain(s). An organization is of course a very old clich?, so that one's out of the picture. It would probably have to be a single individual or a very small group...ohh, how about a high-up government official? He/she would have access to a great deal of information (And hence learn about the Unown) and would also see it as being in his/her best interest to frame the characters as they would end up poking around in things that ought not be poked around in, maybe even catch him/her red-handed, overhear a meeting he/she has with a few close supporters etc. Just as a thought. ^^

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yeah, because the high-and-mighty official would want a higher status. A person gone crazy with power! I think it should be a female, seeing as it's almost always a guy who's the bad guy. Condoleeza Rice! XD It could also be a guy, as there are a lot of male government officials, but just a thought. Perhaps it could consist of three people. Two who are under the wing of the highest, who do that person's dirty work, so that it's harder for us to know who we're really fighting against? Sort of like Shum and Cart in the Pokespecial, except the head honcho doesn't show up as **** much as the Mask of Ice did _ _;;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yep, government officials being male is really a deep rooted stereotype. I noticed that when I was typing out that post, I instinctively wrote 'him' without even noticing at first. It would make sense for it to be a female too, because they are usually still denied the top positions, so it could be a very influential woman who's tired of playing second fiddle. But yeah, a small group would probably be best. I'm thinking that it could start with three, one being the president/benevolent despot/whatever the leader-guy would be, and being male, the second being the main villain and his right hand woman. I believe she would be in quite a good position to manipulate him, actually, and would undoubtedly have convinced the president that the power would go to him, only to betray him when he's not needed any longer. To further complicate matters, she could also have enlisted an accomplice whom she has told that she'll share the power with and whose task would be to eliminate the president when the time comes. Well, she'd betray him (Ho-hum, other potential manipulation victim here, and manipulating the opposite gender would be easier) too, and have him thrown away for assassinating the president, usurping 'temporary' control and declaring a state of crisis because of the coup, hence gaining additional power and getting into position to attain her final goal.

On the manipulation thing...I think that was inspired by you mentioning Condoleeza Rice (Not going there though, because discussing politics never ends well), after all, she's responsible for summarizing information for the president, ne? Our villainess could do something similar.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I think this'll turn out to be an interesting RP. Now for a very simple part. Have you figured out the title yet? I think it'd be funny if you put the title as 'Unknown' because it'd have a meaning only to the people who read the plot. XD But then it'd be slightly weirder to people who haven't. Anyway, I think that's mainly it, and we'll need to figure out what region this takes place in/where we'll all start/meet if even. And if this is a solo RP or a group RP.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
The female villain could also represent a corporate interest; perhaps she's trying to manipulate the president so that he serves her company's interests?

I was thinking that that company would be based somewhere along the lines of, say, the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil or Omni Consumer Products from RoboCop (here I go again with non-Pok?mon references...): a megacorporation that already has a stranglehold on just about everything else but the government. Your villainness could be a company operative, manipulating the president, the main villain, and whatever accomplices she may hire on in order to carry out the company's agenda; again, what that agenda would be is up to you.

Regarding the Unown, perhaps this company seeks to use them as a weapon of sorts after finding out that they can be used to generate great destructive power.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Eh...title? Meh, I hate coming up with titles. >.< Although I do agree that getting in 'unknown' or 'Unown' somewhere would be a nice touch. ^^ Any ideas?

As for the whole company-having-control-over-the-state thing, well, I actually considered that, but then I started thinking...isn't that more of an element of dystopian settings (As opposed to utopian as this one was meant to be)? Plus, control over the whole state is kind of tough, in Robocop it only concerns a single city, remember? Shinra from Final Fantasy VII, very similar kind of thing, is perhaps a bit more in that direction, but that one is pretty dang dystopian by nature and they only had control because they were the main suppliers of electricity for the world. Places like Wutai weren't under their control. =P So yeah, those that element fit into the starting mood we were aiming for?

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Jack o' Neil, you double posted.

I'm thinkin' we could do 'Unknown Hazard'. Or a different second word that's technically a synonym, because it would mean two things. Unknown because nobody knows what it is, and it's a hazard, and the other Unknown because the Unknown are causing the Hazard? Very complicated title. -.-;;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Alter Ego said:
As for the whole company-having-control-over-the-state thing, well, I actually considered that, but then I started thinking...isn't that more of an element of dystopian settings (As opposed to utopian as this one was meant to be)? Plus, control over the whole state is kind of tough, in Robocop it only concerns a single city, remember? Shinra from Final Fantasy VII, very similar kind of thing, is perhaps a bit more in that direction, but that one is pretty dang dystopian by nature and they only had control because they were the main suppliers of electricity for the world. Places like Wutai weren't under their control. =P So yeah, those that element fit into the starting mood we were aiming for?
It may start out as a utopia, but as the company gains power and influence through its plant in the government, it'll slowly yet surely shift into a veritable dystopia. The company will start with the capital, then work its way outwards to the rest of the nation; those regions that resist the company's control will get crushed one way or another.

BTW, Naoko-chan, it's O'Neill with two Ls. There's a Colonel O'Neil with only one L. He has no sense of humour at all.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Jack O'Neill said:
It may start out as a utopia, but as the company gains power and influence through its plant in the government, it'll slowly yet surely shift into a veritable dystopia. The company will start with the capital, then work its way outwards to the rest of the nation; those regions that resist the company's control will get crushed one way or another.

BTW, Naoko-chan, it's O'Neill with two Ls. There's a Colonel O'Neil with only one L. He has no sense of humour at all.

Either that or they'll build up equally strong companies in other regions. I imagine that in the pok?mon world, much like IRL, there are regulations against non-state-controlled monopolies etc. Hence, even if a company would make it that far, the feds would step in (Back by the army) and either demand that the company sell of a part of their assets or socialize it to put it under their own flag, which is precisely why oligopoly (As opposed to monopoly) is the most common market structure in this world. Plus, wasn't the whole original point that it wouldn't be a dystopia?

Anyways, on the name, it's fair enough but it could still use a little something...ho-hum, maybe I ought to ask Random Plushie about this one. She's great with names. ^-^

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Hey I just thought of an interesting name 'The Hazardous Unknown'. I'm not going to explain the pun again as I'm sure you get it. It's like a turn around of the original, but I think it's better than the last one.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
This is one rather complicated and yet interesting rp that is about to be made. I'm sorry but I am out of fresh ideas at the moment for very much anything. I'll be sure to throw some in ASAP. I am sort of creative but that depends on my mood. Yeah... It sucks. I could try making up some names for the Rp while I am still here. Hm... Maybe.......Gah. nothing is popping into my head. I'll have to get back on this. I think I'll draw out the plot and everything. *runs off* Naoko-chan's title sounds good too but....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back