• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Social Media

Which social media platforms do you use?

• Twitter

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Snapchat

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I have a Facebook account so the Cambridge Analytica stalkers can Zucc all the personal info to sell me crap. Also have a Twitter account mostly used to look at interesting / funny tweets and people venting personal issues. If Reddit counts then I mainly lurk threads there related to my interests.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
None (anymore). Just looking at those somehow makes me feel miserable. Might consider using Twitter again.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I overuse Twitter, but other than that, not a lot. I browse Tumblr once or twice a day, but so few of my friends use it that I get through my dashboard within a few minutes and thus don't spend much time browsing anymore. I use Reddit a lot too, but I don't know that I'd quite call it a social media website yet--although it's certainly trying to be one with its upcoming changes.

Otherwise I'm pretty good. I have a Facebook and Instagram and all that, but I just never use them because all the friends I care to keep up with are on Twitter and post anything important there anyway.

Years
I have Facebook and Twitter, but don't use any of them that much. Only way I use Facebook is to chat with my friends. And I use Twitter mainly to stalk Marin.

I also had Instagram with my friend, but it got hacked and all the photos got deleted, so I don't use it anymore.
Lastly, I have reddit that I check almost everyday and sometimes even post something to some subreddits.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr and Facebook. Twitter is mainly for my online friends because of the shit I post sometimes lmao.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I use the following:

Mastodon & PixelFed are open source and federated platforms which are similar to Twitter and Instagram respectively.

I mainly use Facebook for uploading images of events and holidays for my friends and family (I live in a different state / country to a lot of them).

I also tend to use a mixture of my first and middle names across the different social sites, not sure why. I should probably standardize it at some point.

Feel free to follow me on any of the linked accounts above :) I'll follow you back.

Years
Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and Vero. I don't post anything on anything except Reddit sometimes, and don't want any followers, I just follow others.

Has anybody else tried Vero? It's still quite new, but I kinda like it. No adverts and a chronological feed, the way it should be.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Only use Facebook nowadays, albeit rarely. Never bothered with Instagram or Snapchat, and Twitter is a toxic shithole.

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Reddit is the only one I use nowadays, it has its downsides especially when you look at the most popular feed but in smaller communities it's really good. Also it's the most text-based major social network, which is a major plus for me, as I find written content to be usually more in depth and therefore more interesting (and, for me, easier to "absorb") than videos or pictures. I also have a Twitter account but I don't really like to use it, the main problem I have is that I follow a few people mostly for niche interests (plus a few news pages), but due to how Twitter works you always get anything they tweet or retweet no matter the topic - and imho it easily gets annoying to have to skim through dozens of tweets just to find a single interesting one.
I used to be on Facebook but left it some time ago mainly due to ethical concerns with the amount of tracking that Facebook does (meanwhile I've never really used Instagram, I had an account many years ago but I was never interested in how it works).

I've been thinking of joining a federated network (Diaspora or Friendlica, given their focus) for quite a while but I'm not really much of a social media person anyway so I haven't joined any yet.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Facebook is the only one and I don't even post actively. But it can be fun to browse.

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
i use Twitter, with a side of Reddit
once in a blue moon i'll log into Facebook to see any memes or videos my mom tags me in or for the yearly happy birthday message spam lol

Bay

Years
Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook. First two for fandom stuff while Facebook is for friends from high school and college. I'm most active on Twitter, though mainly retweeting fanart haha.

I used to check out Reddit too for one of its subreddit communities, but I stopped and took a break because reading some posts there drained me mentally. I might consider coming back to it once things settled down.

Years
twitter, tumblr, fb, reddit I guess? twitter is the one I check more consistently to see what's being posted. tumblr i only use to post my art (only follow my irl friend and she almost never writes anything there), and occasionally look for gifs to use as icons on sites. fb i check every few days to see what people are up to, but never post myself haha. reddit i check more frequently since there are so many subcommunities for things i like! so in order of use it's prolly twitter > reddit > fb/tumblr.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i like twitter the most, even if it can be a dumpster sometimes. instagram is cool but it's annoying. i don't understand the algorithm at all. i haven't gained followers in literally years and barely get more than 20 likes on photos and i'm like. am i not tagging enough. do my pics suck. idk. lol and then facebook is like a fucking cesspool i don't even want to get started on. boomer city. gaaaag

Years
I have a twitter, tumblr, reddit, and facebook, but the only one I still use often is twitter for art, memes and news.

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
i have all four in the poll but only really use twitter & instagram and even then I rarely post, just like

Back