• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Alpha Sapphire, Fighting
Log #5

Little update, defeated Kyogre and Wallace. Also did some team changes as there are some new pokemon in the region. Now I have six pokemens!
Team:
MDP257.png
Ares, lv41
MDP281.png
El Cid, lv38
MDP286.png
Amazon, lv39
MDP214.png
Man-bug, lv40
MDP236.png
(No name yet), lv17
Spr_5b_559.png
Candy Kitty, lv18

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
L'Belle's Adventure on the Big Blue sea!

Currently traveling through: Alola (Moon)
Progress on Ultimate Challenge: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, Y, Moon

- Chose Popplio, named it Martel.
- Defeated Totem Raticate
- Defeated Island Kahuna Hala

Team:

Spoiler:

Trial Progress: 1/7
Grand Trial Progress: 1/4

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I've got another update for my Pokemon X ground run. I now have four badges and am just starting the Power Plant mission. My dice role at the beginning for my starter turned out to be a bit of bad luck, as Calem ended up with Froakie. My first time facing his Frogadier ended in a complete wipe of my team thanks to a badly timed critical hit on my Krokorok. I beat him easily the second time though. He didn't even use any water moves that time. Anyway, my team has switched up a bit, and here they are now.

111.gif

Rhybecca
Lv. 36

622.gif

Olette
Lv. 37

031.gif

Frigga
Lv. 38

553.gif

Medusa
Lv. 40

105.gif

Skullvia
Lv. 40

328.gif

Katla
Lv. 30

I'm still going strong with this first encounter female ratio. Every single ground-type I've run in to is still female, with the exception of Golett of course. I have Diggersby, Dugtrio, Onyx, and Gible waiting in the box if I ever need them too. Also, I changed Skullamy's nickname to Skullvia, and my Onyx is now Barda.

Fire Red 0/8, Soul Silver 0/8, Emerald 8/8, Platinum 0/8, White 2/8, X 4/8, Sun 0/4

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I would like my SU to be imported from the old thread. IIRC, I finished Grass Ultimate. :) and I am currently doing monotype flying and have finished everything except Black. I would like Moon be added to the list. :)

Forum User Name: Varys
Game(s): LG, HG, OR, Pt, B, Y, M
Pokémon Type: Flying
Single/Ultimate/Free Mode?: Ultimate

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I would like my SU to be imported from the old thread. IIRC, I finished Grass Ultimate. :) and I am currently doing monotype flying and have finished everything except Black. I would like Moon be added to the list. :)

Forum User Name: Varys
Game(s): LG, HG, OR, Pt, B, Y, M
Pokémon Type: Flying

Could you list the games for the Grass runs?

Years
Alpha Sapphire, Fighting
Log #6

Almost done, I have defeated Wally in a glorious battle, now it's time for the Elite Four and the champion! My team is ready, a little more training, everyone up to level fifty and this is it!

Team:
MDP257.png
Ares, lv48
MDP475.png
El Cid, lv44
MDP286.png
Amazon, lv49
MDP214.png
Man-bug, lv50
MDP106.png
Thompson, lv44
64px-BT560.png
Candy Kitty, lv43

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Hello, I just wanted to make an announcement, I'm changing White 2 to just White. The reason for this is that I really want a seismitoad, and it's post game exclusive.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Hello, I just wanted to make an announcement, I'm changing White 2 to just White. The reason for this is that I really want a seismitoad, and it's post game exclusive.
If a Pokemon is in the Pokedex, but is only obtainable post-game, you can trade/hack it in. :)

Rule #5 applies to any Pokemon only available in the post-game or not at all, but are still in the Regional Dex, which are: (also incluing all of evo line)
- G/S/C: Anything only available in Kanto/Mt. Silver (i.e. Houndour, Misdreavus, etc.) Same applies to HG/SS, but much more limited due to Safari Zone. More detailed list is coming at some point
- R/S/E/OR/AS: Beldum
- B2/W2: Archen, Tirtouga, Tympole, Munna, Durant, Heatmor, Cyrogonal, Stunfisk, Larvitar, Croagunk, Carnivine, Tropius, Yanma, Lickitung, Igglybuff, Slakoth, Corphish
- S/M: Scyther, Emolga, Riolu

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
If a Pokemon is in the Pokedex, but is only obtainable post-game, you can trade/hack it in. :)

However, I'm playing on an emulator, and I have no idea how to hack it in on an emulator, especially since I want to keep my starter (and not replace it with Tympole)

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I feel I should mention that I've been very slowly updating this, and once I'm done I'll try to stick to a weekly schedule. So if you don't see your username in the update list, just be patient, I'll get to it.

And an update for myself.
Sun - Dragon Monotype

I traded in a Drampa egg at the beginning, and just solo'd with him until I beat Hala.
Today just also happens to be Tuesday, so I used Island scan to get Deino, and I'll be doing tomorrow as well to get Horsea.

I have so far beaten Lana's Trial, my team as of now:
Drampa Lv.22
Deino Lv.23

I can't post movesets because I don't have my 3DS on hand, but I'll be sure to get them for my next update.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

Progress on Ultimate Challenge: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, Y, Moon

- Got to Akala Island
- Caught a Poliwag on Brooklet Hill
- Defeated totem Wishiwashi
- Caught a Goldeen on Brooklet Hill
- Defeated totem Salazzle
- So when I defeated Salazzle, I immediatly started to get the fear sweats. If I don't overlevel or get something good against it, I am getting Fucked. So I came up with the great idea: Why not both? I caught a Wimpod and leveled everyone to Lvl 30 (Yes, this is how anxious I was). Wimpod evolved to Golisopod, and Poliwag to Poliwhirl. I used my waterstone to make it Poliwrath.
- Defeated totem Lurantis with ease thanks to Golisopod.
- Defeated Olivia

Team:

Spoiler:

Trial Progress: 4/7
Grand Trial Progress: 2/4

Sevinc

Playing Pokemon since 2000~~~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2017
Hi I would like to sign up for the challenge as well!!!

Forum User Name: Sevinc
Game(s): Fire Red, Soul Silver, Emerald, Diamond, Black, X, Sun
Pok?mon Type: Water

I have finished with my Fire Red run and will post picture once I can in the forum :)
Can I just show the Hall of Fame screenshot?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

- Caught a Staryu at Hano Beach
- Goldeen evolved into Seaking
- Did the Aether Paradise event
- Beat totem Vikavolt
- Brionne evolved into Primarina
- Beat totem Mimikyu (Was quite a pain actually. Thanks to Haunter making Primarina sleep :(
- Evolved Staryu into Starmie
- Beat Po Town.
- Beat Nanu

Team:
Spoiler:

Trial Progress: 6/7
Grand Trial Progress: 3/4

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

- Aether Paradise event cleared
- Got to Poni Island and caught a Gastrodon
- Defeated Hapu
- Defeated totem Kommo-o (Moonblast for days!)
- Defeated Lusamine (I swear, her clefable is such a problem. I won through stalling since it KEPT using cosmic power)
- Defeated the Elite Four
- Defeated Kukui

Team:
Spoiler:

Trial Progress: 7/7
Grand Trial Progress: 4/4

Next on my list: Pok?mon Y!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2021
Forum User Name: xemnahort
Pok?mon Type: Fighting
Challenge Mode: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow (8/8), Soulsilver (0/16), undecided on third gen game to use (0/8), Platinum (0/8), White 2 (0/8), Y (0/8), Moon (0/don't remember how many there are)

Forum User Name: xemnahort
Pok?mon Type: Rock
Challenge Mode: Ultimate
Game(s): Yellow (3/8), Soulsilver (0/16), undecided on third gen game to use (0/8), Platinum (0/8), White 2 (0/8), Y (0/8), Moon (0/don't remember how many there are)

Re entering my entry which has no new progress since last post.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years

Currently traveling through: Kalos (Y)

- Picked Froakie
- Caught Azurill on route 3
- Beat Viola
- Received Squirtle from Prof. Sycamore.
- Did the Parfum Palace event
- Caught Ducklett on Route 7
- Did the glittering cave event
- Beat Grant

Spoiler:

Gym Badge Progress: 2/8

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 21, 2021
Forum User Name: MrOli711
Pokémon Type: Steel
Challenge Mode: Single
Game(s): White 2

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Sun - Dragon Monotype
Island Trials: 6/7
Grand Trials: 2/4

On my way to Po Town, last saved right in front of Ula'ula Meadow.

I had a fainted Butterfree at the front of my team so I could increase the chances of Horsea having a Dragon Scale, and it was quick as the second one had it. I also farmed a Dragon Fang from Bagon for obvious reasons.
I stopped using Drampa and Deino once I got Axew, as they were somewhat lacking compared to Kingdra, and later caught Turtonator and Gabite. I was also pleasantly surprised that Turtonator can learn Charge Beam. :D
My last two members are going to be the obvious ones, Alolan Exeggutor and Kommo-o, but it sucks that I have to wait until the last Island for these.

So finally, here's my team up to this point:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back