• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Favorite phone?

Years
I'm not sure what my favorite device is as I've only had three phones. Each phone was a different operating system as well, although if I had to pick I'd say it's my iPhone 6 Plus.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
PSSSSSHHH, everyone here knows Android is where the cool kids are at. >:U

Hmm, I've used these so far:

Nokia X201 (I guess this one used Symbian?)
Nokia Asha 501 (Custom touch supported Symbian? They called it Asha OS)
Micromax A51 (Android 4 I think)
Xiaomi Redmi 1S (Android 4.4)
OnePlus One (Custom ROM - took it till Android 6)
OnePlus Two (Android 6)
OnePlus X (my current phone with Nougat)

Out of them all, I guess I'd say my first and my current phones are definitely the ones that I like the most.

Nokia X201 because of how seamless transfers on the phone were. If I transferred a video that had a higher resolution than the one this phone could handle, it converted the video to one it could. Its crazy how this phone which I bought so many years ago could effortlessly do something that the newer Nokia Asha couldn't.

As for me placing OnePlus X over all the others, even including its siblings One and Two, is because it was stylish, came with a smaller footprint and had an AMOLED display which I absolutely love. It still does feel like a goddamn gorgeous phone WITH really snappy performance even now (thank god jesus Nougat for that) but unfortunately battery life hasn't quite been the same since the time I bought it (ofc, its been two years). I do plan on making an upgrade in a few months once I start working - might switch to a OnePlus 6. OR if I feel that the price between that and, say, a flagship is justified, I might go for an S9 Plus/Pixel 3/LG V40.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think my favorite phone that I've owned was the iPhone 5S. I've had every iPhone since then, except iPhone 8, but that phone sticks out to me as one that just really worked so well in its time. I never had any problems with it. I also really liked my old Google Nexus 6, until I cracked the screen. I got a Google Pixel XL afterwards, but I didn't use it much.

Currently, I have an iPhone X. With the most recent update, I've had so many issues with it. This is the first phone that I've had that I actually notice bugs, and that's tremendously disappointing because it's also the most expensive phone I've ever owned. It's a great phone with some really great features. I love it's design most of all.

For me it works best when you modify the settings so that it lets you unlock it without scanning for your face first. The facial recognition doesn't work when you're lying down, and sometimes it takes too long to see your face before unlocking. So I've changed it to not open with a facial scan. I've also changed it so that it doesn't rely on a passcode for a whole hour since its last use.

Years
My favorite phone I had was the iPhone 4S.
Prior to that, I had the iPhone 3GS...but it permanently died (like idek what happened) a month before I got the 4S in the mail. During that time, I had to use a flip phone. It was MISERY.

The 4S was great at the time, and iOS 5 was probably the best iOS update.

I've had an iPhone since the original 2G - I used to browse PC/SPPf and mod from it (and my 3GS) all the time.

I now have an iPhone X. I love it. I've not really had too many issues, beyond the iMessage-out-of-order thing. I will say that iOS 10 & 11 were pretty buggy for me. Hopefully 12 is better.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Currently, I have an iPhone X. With the most recent update, I've had so many issues with it. This is the first phone that I've had that I actually notice bugs, and that's tremendously disappointing because it's also the most expensive phone I've ever owned. It's a great phone with some really great features. I love it's design most of all.

For me it works best when you modify the settings so that it lets you unlock it without scanning for your face first. The facial recognition doesn't work when you're lying down, and sometimes it takes too long to see your face before unlocking. So I've changed it to not open with a facial scan. I've also changed it so that it doesn't rely on a passcode for a whole hour since its last use.

I never realized that Face ID was so buggy tbh. The major issues I've seen was with either the touch screen simply not working, or icons on the Home Screen registering a "touch" but not actually doing anything (Launching said app), the latter probably being an iOS 11 bug. I managed to finally sell one over the weekend and I had a chance to set it up, and it really seriously took a bit of getting used to no Home button. I honestly feel Android did the no-buttons-on-the-front interface properly, as a simple bar at the bottom of the screen is super ambiguous and if someone tries to use it for the first time, they're kinda lost. I don't think setup includes a tutorial on the new Home Button, either.

As for glitchy Face ID, I'm honestly surprised that they did away with Touch ID. The thing I like about it is that it's far more reliable than facial recognition from what I am reading (And when they first showed it during the keynote last August). It's an Apple thing, I guess.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I'm pretty happy with my LG V30 right now. Idk if it's my favorite phone, per say, but it's a good one none the less!

I loved my old phone too, the HTC One M10 (I think it was the 10) was a nice sized phone, that did everything I needed every time. Never let me down!

And I have to give a shout-out to my Lumia 1020 that I still own, solely for use as a camera! That thing takes very pretty pictures!

And lastly my dream phone was the Pixel 2 xl, but not all dreams come true 7-7

Luke_Simmons

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2018
I'm currently interested in Huawei P20 Pro as a good competitor for Google Pixel 2

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
An iphone with an Otter Box to cover its' design flaws. The camera is my favorite feature.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
It is not like I had many phones in my life. But my favorite is still the Samsung Note 2 <3 I love notes, but right now they are too pricey for me :'(

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I love my iPhone but I had a really nice HTC Iris that I had years ago. Loved that phone to death.

edit: found a picture!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
okay update on my three-week old post but i got a P20 Pro and I FREAKING LOVE IT

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure? I haven't had a cellphone in ages, but I'd like one that's accessible, and has an onscreen keyboard with boxes big enough for me to type.
Any recs?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not sure? I haven't had a cellphone in ages, but I'd like one that's accessible, and has an onscreen keyboard with boxes big enough for me to type.
Any recs?

All smartphones have on-screen keyboards these days, and depending on what phone you get, you can customize the keyboard exactly to your liking. Keep in mind that screen size will definitely dictate, to a degree, key size, so if anything, looking for a phone with a larger screen will let you have a larger keyboard for your use. In that case, if you're an Android person, the LG G7 ThinQ, S9 (And maybe the + model), the Note 8, and the Huawei P20/P20 Pro (If you can get your hands on it) all are newer Androids that have large screens. I think the OnePlus phones do as well, but I'm not exactly sure on what size they are.

If you're set on Apple, the plus-sized iPhones are quite big, bit you can't customize the keyboard at all. The iPhone X also has a somewhat decently large screen as well, but it comes at a steep price.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I currently have a Samsung phone though I'm thinking of getting the Huawei P20.

Years
My best phone so far is my 6S, I kept it on iOS 9.3.5 so it still runs as fast as day 1. It's still mint because I use a screen protector and case.

I got reminded of a phone I used to have. We referred to it as a TV remote lol. Somehow back in the day I lost it:
411FV9FFFEL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Back